Stage Select

Street Fighter 6 Lounge: The FGC has a crack problem.

I remember when I came across Twin in ranked some yrs back. 

Tried to scum him out with a meaty dive kick on wakeup. 

He blocked it.

Then when I tried it again a bit later thinking he wasn't going to block it:

ON YOUR KNEES

wwe-triple-h.gif

I always felt like he was on his A game when we played.

Which is why I was sad when the netcode update happened. 

I could still play DR players, Panama players, and Mexican players, but Oregon was out of the question.

I was randomly paired with a few Cali players since the update. I'm still not sure how that happened.

Either way, we won't be bound by such limitations in SF6.

6nfAGRx.gif

3 hours ago, Doctrine_Dark said:

Either way, we won't be bound by such limitations in SF6.

6nfAGRx.gif

I feel that Bison's physical flexibility and Olympic standard gymnastics are often overlooked. SF EX and then CvS tried to shine a light on it by showing the sprite move in ways previously unforeseen. I am hoping we get to see some of this action in SF6. Also that stance at the end needs to be absorbed into the mainline series. It debuted in the SF2 AM and then SF EX brought it to the games.

And that is my daily Bison rambling for ya'll. Thank you for your patience.

Edited by Daemos

What's up with people trying to shit on SRK now?  Yeah nah, the wack shit is this bullshit ass twitter/discord/content creator horseshit that goes around. Its barely an actual cohesive community in any one place. Its always "hey do you know about this one chatrooom?"

No secret santa, no meeting up wtih groups of people that actually care when bad shit happens to you, no moments locked in time that you can dig up and reread to laugh at them...Goddamn do these mofos just don't get it.

The amount of life issues that SRK held it down for me with was kind of crazy. It ended unceremoniously but doesn't mean it wasn't a great place for a lot of people.

2 hours ago, Sonero said:

What's up with people trying to shit on SRK now?  Yeah nah, the wack shit is this bullshit ass twitter/discord/content creator horseshit that goes around. Its barely an actual cohesive community in any one place. Its always "hey do you know about this one chatrooom?"

No secret santa, no meeting up wtih groups of people that actually care when bad shit happens to you, no moments locked in time that you can dig up and reread to laugh at them...Goddamn do these mofos just don't get it.

The amount of life issues that SRK held it down for me with was kind of crazy. It ended unceremoniously but doesn't mean it wasn't a great place for a lot of people.

I do feel that the Forum medium is PEAK internet culture. Social Media is great for bite size information, but Forums are the gold standard for creating communities.

I feel Discord is probably the closest thing to capturing that feeling, but it's tough to get older users to migrate their community to Discord if they did not start there initially. Discord also has new forum channels that I think will further cement it as the new nexus for communities online. I hope they never get bought up by bigtech  monsters.

Discord already got bought up by sony IIRC. You can integrate your PSN account with your discord.

Honestly...I'd rather have forums over a lot of that stuff. Discord is neat for some stuff, but I rather people try to communicate properly. The amount of people who just flap their gums like a machine gun without taking time to read is hilariously on discord.

Like if you thought people were illiterate in SRK, lemme tell you about how people are worse in real time.

25 minutes ago, Sonero said:

Discord already got bought up by sony IIRC. You can integrate your PSN account with your discord.

Honestly...I'd rather have forums over a lot of that stuff. Discord is neat for some stuff, but I rather people try to communicate properly. The amount of people who just flap their gums like a machine gun without taking time to read is hilariously on discord.

Like if you thought people were illiterate in SRK, lemme tell you about how people are worse in real time.

Discord is more of a close environment so it's not a potential ad revenue and content, that is not friendly for documentation and research. Search engines doesn't crawl and infinite scroll is a terrible way of back tracking previous info.

It's more like a private group or group chat that felt exclusive because channels are not search friendly so it's not easy to convert new organic fan outside without campaigning your channel.

So it's not really something that would exponential expand on it's own organically, unless promoted or mentioned by someone popular or known.

Yeah we talked about it in the SF5 lounge a few years back. The conversation went something like

"Discord sucks because the only way to find them is to get the app and then you need somebody to hook you up with an invite to the chatroom. It isn't public like a forum is where you only need the URL."

That's wrong because there's a excel spreadsheet of all the discords and if you wanna find this one I'm in there's an invite here so checkamte.

PFFFT

👺