Stage Select

Street Fighter 6 Lounge: The FGC has a crack problem.

6 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

Birdie was a secret top tier. Tokido was playing him in the builds. 

God I remember watching that E3 tournament live 

Tokido on Birdie, Daigo trying stuff with Ryu, I think Momochi and Mago both were on Cammy and at the time she had SF4 style combos with jabs into specials 

.... Fucking hell that was 7 years ago but feels like yesterday 

I don't want this crap V-trigger 2 to ever return for Juri in any game but.....

When you think about it, this would actually be good in SF 6 if it drained  "Drive meter" looking at how many things you can do with that particular resource and how much of a disadvantage the other player would be if put in a exhausted mode. But , still pass.

Level 2 supers seem to be install moves in SF 6. I say, give her back her FSE and make it wild like it should be .Combos from overhead and let Juri melt your health if she lands a hit and make it on a timer not make it drain based on chain combos like it was in SF 5.

SF 4 FSE Juri was one of the most satisfying ultras in the game when you got your stuff going, bring it back !

19648de3497570898b667ab1b501a681e16c3297

Edited by Skort

https://www.eurogamer.net/no-legal-issues-with-fei-long-in-street-fighter-6-capcom-insists 

So, is Fei Long off the table? We caught up with Capcom at Summer Game Fest last week, and the company denied there were any issues preventing the character's use.

"That whole Bruce Lee estate information they mentioned turned out to not be real," said Street Fighter 6 director Takayuki Nakayama. "I can't say whether he's coming or not, but there are definitely no legal issues."

13 minutes ago, Dragonfave723 said:

tbh feels he accurately formulated his reply in a way that you have 0 argument that suggest he's in or not, any hint would be only in the eye of who read and what he wish

Personally i really hope Fei Long jump in SF6 (as soon as possible too), but that interview by itself does'nt give me any extra optimism

The legal issues were not there for SFV either, he's just saying that if Fei does'nt make it it's not because Lee family cockblocking capcom, but because they chosen he's not needed in SF6

I think Fei have decent chances to join: SF2er, Bruce Lee is universally popular and loved figure, have that years missing potential hype, flashy character that can sell well

My boy Abel is fucking doomed tho

44 minutes ago, Daemos said:

I think both Hawk and Fei Long could work with a modern overhaul via the RE Engine. I know that Street Fighter is very tongue in cheek, but if the issue with bringing back these characters is cultural sensitivities then making them badass and tasteful towards their source inspiration could work. Like look at Dee Jay, he looks hype af!

Chief Thunder was done very well in KI and Nightwolf is also fucking sick in MK11 (plus have you seen that outro/win pose???) 

I'd say what t Hawk needs most is a redesign in his animations and neutral stance. They're just dumb even though I understand he's supposed to be mimicking a hunting bird 

1 hour ago, Daemos said:

I think both Hawk and Fei Long could work with a modern overhaul via the RE Engine. I know that Street Fighter is very tongue in cheek, but if the issue with bringing back these characters is cultural sensitivities then making them badass and tasteful towards their source inspiration could work. Like look at Dee Jay, he looks hype af!

What i think may cripple T.Hawk chances is that Lily already being in may make them feel they already covered that mexican/native american tribe char

Kinda same way i think french judoka Manon (helped by Marisa) killed my boy Abel

T.Hawk chances probably are'nt as fucked as Abel's, but still idk if i would drop coins on him

Personally i'm kinda ok with it, never been much T.Hawk fan (as giant i hope for Hugo) and despite being against generic waifu spam i was ok with the idea of Noembelu+double tomahawk being the only doll grabbing a slot and that slot being T.Hawk's one... so another native girl+double clubs is not that far from there lol

I think there's great chance they will make T.Hawk an NPC of Lily's story though, doubt they will miss the chance of connect them

Edited by CESTUS III
30 minutes ago, CESTUS III said:

What i think may cripple T.Hawk chances is that Lily already being in may make them feel they already covered that mexican/native american tribe char

Kinda same way i think french judoka Manon (helped by Marisa) killed my boy Abel

T.Hawk chances probably are'nt as fucked as Abel's, but still idk if i would drop coins on him

Personally i'm kinda ok with it, never been much T.Hawk fan (as giant i hope for Hugo) and despite being against generic waifu spam i was ok with the idea of Noembelu+double tomahawk being the only doll grabbing a slot and that slot being T.Hawk's one... so another native girl+double clubs is not that far from there lol

I think there's great chance they will make T.Hawk an NPC of Lily's story though, doubt they will miss the chance of connect them

I don't see Lily taking Hawk spot from a representative standpoint. It would hold more weight if she took his grappler spot and she definitely won't. Look at how many characters are from America, Japan and Hong Kong in these games. I don't see national saturation being a problem 

44 minutes ago, Phantom_Miria said:

It always looked like a menacing T-pose to me.

To me ever felt like human version of

Il totem - UNASCUOLA.IT

This other capcom guy had bit different pose, bit less ridicolous maybe, but lose T.Hawk uniqueness

PSP - Power Stone Collection - Galuda (Power Stone) - The Models Resource

Not greatest T.Hawk fan but the pose was'nt bad designed to make his fake martial art recognizable and made kinda sense with the moves they gave him, bunch of "wing" like arm strikes keeping hand open and all his bird like headbutts

For whatever reason his stance became also less natural and more ridicolous from SSF2 to SFA3, original was'nt that bad, same shit but bit more loose and natural

thawk-ssf-stance.gifthawk-sfa3stand.gif

Edited by CESTUS III
3 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

I don't see Lily taking Hawk spot from a representative standpoint. It would hold more weight if she took his grappler spot and she definitely won't. Look at how many characters are from America, Japan and Hong Kong in these games. I don't see national saturation being a problem 

Yeah but some nations get free pass for multiple characters, SF does'nt shy away from 99 blue eyed americans or bunch of young japanese waifus, but not every nation get multiple reps

Said that SF4 got both T.Hawk and El Fuerte from Mexico, so there's a possibility i guess

Difference being they played very different cultural theme (native american tribe warrior and mexican luchador), while T.Hawk and Lily in their eyes may fit same rep thing, and wonder how many slots they're willing to use for native american tribe warrior from mexico... if answer is 2, good news for T.Hawk fans all over the world

Information withdrawals are starting to set in for me. I need more!

dunston checks in monkey GIF by Romy

On a lighter note, I'm feeling really good about VI. I've been playing FGs as seriously as I could for the past 18 years or so and there is something about VI that feels different. Like a different energy in the air.

I remember the launch of both IV and V. There was some excitement in the air for SF's return with IV but still some trepidation. We all know how V's reveal went. With VI, though, it seems like everyone is happy so far.

10 minutes ago, CESTUS III said:

Difference being they played very different cultural theme (native american tribe warrior and mexican luchador), while T.Hawk and Lily in their eyes may fit same rep thing, and wonder how many slots they're willing to use for native american tribe warrior from mexico... if answer is 2, good news for T.Hawk fans all over the world

I don't see that being a problem. SFV had Ed and Falke who are both German and gender swaps of each other. Sagat and Adon are Muay Thai fighters from Thailand. Nerco and Twelve are freaks from Russia. 

13 hours ago, You said:

Hey stranger! I'm doing really well; have remained on the SFV grind haha just kinda faded out social-media wise. But I'm back to relish in the collective SF6 hype! How are you? 

Didn't you used to play Rashid? Nice to see you again.

13 hours ago, Sonero said:

Its Pertho btw.

I didn't realize this was you. You stay away from places like this for too long and then people get name changes. 

7 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

Ngl I don’t like the sound of this at all

Because its basically putting a hat on a hat.

Sonic boom, cr.lp xx flashkick is a combo that you're gonna learn to do if you're wanting to get a higher level. So now they changed sonic boom to make it harder to do for regular people. This way only people who want to play Guile at a higher level can do it consistently.

2 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Am I the only one sees this as another way to give classic controls an advantage over modern controls?

Unless they implement it such that modern gets extra boom automagically.

Things could get nutty if they try to make modern controls competitive with classic.

31 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

I don't see that being a problem. SFV had Ed and Falke who are both German and gender swaps of each other. Sagat and Adon are Muay Thai fighters from Thailand. Nerco and Twelve are freaks from Russia. 

Not even sure where to start tbh

Now we have Ed as German in SF6 sketch, but back to SFV days he had unknown origin, zero mention of Germany and behaved bit like american boy because Rog raised him

Falke was'nt listed as german either (bullshit if you ask me) but they made up a story of people in her area of the Shadaloo base being german speakers to justify her being clearly german-themed (name, name of moves, ki colors making german flag etc)

Sagat and Adon are indeed both thai Muay Thai guys, and they've been in same cast in SF1 and SF4, but not SF2 and SF5

I'm not sure what make you see Twelve as russian, his birthplace is listed as "unknown/mediterrean" as wherever it is the Illuminati HQ/labs/whatever

But despite all these inaccuracies, i'm not saying is not possible Capcom will chose to give mexican native american tribe warriors 2 slots, i'm saying if i was a T.Hawk fan i would not hold my breath waiting for it lol

12 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

An additional point for consideration. I can't react to posts on this forum. Everyone time I try it says You reacts.

Oh my God...

They're multiplying!

spacer.png

I mean, You is multiplying.

I mean, not you you, You the other You!

Now there's two of them, I mean, there's two of You!

Who's not you, and it's not me either, but instead it's You!

And what's even worse is that Volt is involved!

This is getting complicated.

48 minutes ago, Dragonfave723 said:

Capcom: We're gonna still quiet for awhile.

Also Capcom:

This is one of those things that I never really liked, to add just frames or whatever they want to call it just for the sake of it.

Is one thing if each version gives you different utility that you can choose from depending of the situation or combo you want to use.

But to be something that, yeah, if you don't use the just frame version, then sike, you are not really playing, is just garbage, just artificial depth, where is not really adding depth at all.

This will only steer people away from playing with him.

Is idiotic.

3 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

Is one thing if each version gives you different utility

I'll never play a just-frame character, because random execution misfires on my part distract me from the gameplay too much.

But am I wrong in thinking the two versions seem to have different travel speeds?  Like, I wonder if deliberately mixing in "unjust" booms just to mess with the opponents' reaction timing could be a thing.

9 minutes ago, JustBrowsing said:

Some of the SFV Guile combos that relied on late cancelling c.mp to just squeeze in charge were basically frame perfect (it felt like, I don't know the exacts for all circumstances), so I don't think it'll be that tricky. I hope.

Yeah, but those are emergent things that players learn when toying with the game & its mechanics.

This is artificial shit added for the sake of it. Is stupid.

Edited by Hecatom

I wonder what the buffering will be like in this game. Sf4 was lenient and Sfv was almost too lenient. (Random Kage critical art anyone?)

Looking at that Guile just frame sonic boom, I would imagine they are implementing this to encourage pushing players to go for more difficult yet more optimal routes. Sfv it seemed like the more difficult things weren't worth doing on a consistent basis. We'll only be able to see how this pans out. Some people who played the game said the leniency on links felt like Sfv, so maybe this could be the developers way of trying to push the envelope while keeping something that feels familiar.

2 minutes ago, elliephil said:

so maybe this could be the developers way of trying to push the envelope while keeping something that feels familiar.

I think this is the case with Luke's charged flash knuckles too. I wonder if the window for getting those to combo will be similar to the window for a perfect boom, maybe? Certainly not impossible, but will repay time spent practising.

1 minute ago, Hecatom said:

This is artificial shit added for the sake of it. Is stupid.

Lemme reemphasize this becuase not a lot of people played MK vs DC and just how shitty pro moves were.

7 minutes ago, elliephil said:

I wonder what the buffering will be like in this game. Sf4 was lenient and Sfv was almost too lenient.

Its impossible to be SF4 levels of loose. You could 720s and hit 3 all 6 buttons at the same time and get a raging demon. 😂

9 minutes ago, elliephil said:

I wonder what the buffering will be like in this game. Sf4 was lenient and Sfv was almost too lenient. (Random Kage critical art anyone?)

Looking at that Guile just frame sonic boom, I would imagine they are implementing this to encourage pushing players to go for more difficult yet more optimal routes. Sfv it seemed like the more difficult things weren't worth doing on a consistent basis. We'll only be able to see how this pans out. Some people who played the game said the leniency on links felt like Sfv, so maybe this could be the developers way of trying to push the envelope while keeping something that feels familiar.

4 minutes ago, JustBrowsing said:

I think this is the case with Luke's charged flash knuckles too. I wonder if the window for getting those to combo will be similar to the window for a perfect boom, maybe? Certainly not impossible, but will repay time spent practising.

Players will push the envelope for themselves by toying with the game.

There is no need for the devs to hide the true options that the player needs to use behind a barrier.

41 minutes ago, Sonero said:

Because its basically putting a hat on a hat.

Sonic boom, cr.lp xx flashkick is a combo that you're gonna learn to do if you're wanting to get a higher level. So now they changed sonic boom to make it harder to do for regular people. This way only people who want to play Guile at a higher level can do it consistently.

Exactly dude it just makes him more complicated for no reason. 

Not to sound like a boomer but I used to love Guile because he was a simple character. Two no-frills specials and a straightforward gameplan. Now he feels like SFV Karin where I don’t feel like I’m playing the whole character unless I focus on hitting my special at a specific timing. And that for something that isn’t even wildly different from something he would already be doing. 

Dude already has 8 versions of SB.
Light 

medium

heavy 

EX

Light with VSkill

Medium with VSkill

Heavy with VSkill

EX with VSkill

Do we really need him to have 4 more (or even 8 more)?

Edited by Vhozite
6 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

They confirming the game has just frames. I like the idea.

Don’t take this the wrong way but from what I can gather from your posts you and I have polar opposite tastes on pretty much everything related to FGs.

I can live with just frames if I have to but I super don’t like them on Guile. He’s supposed to be one of the simplest characters. 

Edited by Vhozite
6 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

Exactly dude it just makes him more complicated for no reason. 

Not to sound like a boomer but I used to love Guile because he was a simple character. Two no-frills specials and a straightforward gameplan. Now he feels like SFV Karin where I don’t feel like I’m playing the whole character unless I focus on hitting my special at a specific timing. And that for something that isn’t even wildly different from something he would already be doing. 

Dude already has 8 versions of SB.
Light 

medium

heavy 

EX

Light with VSkill

Medium with VSkill

Heavy with VSkill

EX with VSkill

Do we really need him to have 4 more (or even 8 more)?

Its funny because that's what a lot of people find cool about Guile. Guile also if I'm remembering right was the first big  combo video character for SF2 because of sonic boom combos. Then people found the Vega set up and also went ham with that too.

So yeah, it's just adding unnecessary complexity of inputs to do what he was already doing.

Just now, Vhozite said:

Don’t take this the wrong way but from what I can gather from your posts you and I have polar opposite tastes on pretty much related to FGs.

I can live with just frames if I have to but I super don’t like them on Guile. He’s supposed to be one of the simplest characters. 

From what was seen on the Twitter video the just frame is probably his EX boom. If that's the idea behind just frames with this game I could support that. Having one less thing to worry about with drive management by being an execution monster 

17 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

From what was seen on the Twitter video the just frame is probably his EX boom. If that's the idea behind just frames with this game I could support that. Having one less thing to worry about with drive management by being an execution monster 

I kind of like the idea of being rewarded with ex moves for doing just frame versions of those moves. Possibly being able to do the same combos and links through using drive system or going the more difficult route could be interesting.