Stage Select

Street Fighter 6 Lounge: The FGC has a crack problem.

2 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

They have a showcase event on Monday. 

Wasn't Max going to interview the producer/director, too? Maybe he has already, and that's the info he's been releasing. I'm not expecting more - we've had a tonne of great stuff - but if I had to bet on anything  (and I wouldn't), it'd be some kind of Kimberly trailer or hint.

Edited by JustBrowsing
5 hours ago, BornWinner said:

So I was wrong about Jamie’s super. It’s not based on how drunk he is, it’s the difference between his level 3 and the level 3 at low health/Critical Art. The former ends with the handstand kick, the latter ends with the throat rip. Sorry for the misinformation. But while I’m on the subject, Jamie’s level 3 is my favorite of the game so far.

IMG_5779.jpg

IMG_5778.jpg

I loved how they tried to evoke the feel of an old martial arts film. The letterbox, the colors going mute, the hero(Jamie) allowing the villain(the other character) another chance, even KO changing into Chinese text that means the end when you kill with Critical Art. Makes me excited for other level 3s.

I love how Jamie as show off moment is basically treating it as a training session, a common Kung Fu styles training start with that pose where the external side of your wrist (or the backhand) is in contact with the external side of the "opponent" wrist, so it become some sort of "do the right move" chess game where as soon one make an error, the opponent is at advantage... and Jamie goes at advantage basically at first exchange lol, like say from that position he's dominant even against skilled fighters

Interesting also to see that the moment he's in danger himself (low health) he switch to a far more vicious version, make feel behind the funny surface dude have a very mean side, cool

2 hours ago, Skort said:

Not gonna lie i totally expect this to return as Juri's level 3 super , maybe with a few tweaks but yea.  This super has so much going for it and it's definitely something she would do.

street-fighter-juri.gif

That would be perfect for SF6 style, perfect mix of spectacular shit and personality being highlighted

As for myself can't wait to see Level 3 of Zangief (whatever it is, is going to be epic), Ken (hope for something kicks-based like SFV)  and Ed

Dhalsim is going to bring crazy shit and i suspect JP too

Edited by CESTUS III
59 minutes ago, Psychoblue said:

@VoltGood news, I spoke to Saint Cola today and he confirmed that you STILL need to charge Sonic Booms and Flash Kicks even in Modern mode.  I asked what he thought about it and he said outright "no, it won't be like it was in SF4 3DS."

You_think_this_is_good_this_sucks_its_sh

This means I'm wrong dammit! I hate it!!!

Spoiler

Also, it legit doesn't make sense tbh. EZ mode is supposed to be easy and flashy for morons, if they gotta do the exact same thing for charge moves, they're legit only losing options. 🤣

Reminds me of Ed and Falke's simple special input design. Makes sense... until you notice the Zonk fireballs and Mash punches without a QCF option to ease people into it.

863961112613093406.webp?size=128&quality

1 hour ago, CESTUS III said:

That feels perfect for Level 1 or 2: kinda short, simple and does'nt require much cameras going crazy

Probably be a good Level 1 then. Looks like they are saving install supers (Jamie’s massive drink and Guile’s v-trigger) for Level 2s and her Feng Shui ultra from SF4 could be continue that trend.

4 hours ago, Skort said:

Not gonna lie i totally expect this to return as Juri's level 3 super , maybe with a few tweaks but yea.  This super has so much going for it and it's definitely something she would do.

street-fighter-juri.gif

I wish her super would return. I always say that move was beauty in motion. 5:56

For those looking for a new 2D action adventure game

@Sonerothis should scratch your Blasphemous itch.

Edited by AriesWarlock
11 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

I was thinking about this the other day. There were people I knew that had zero interest in playing mvc2 around the time based on how it looked but absolutely loved games like Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance for the gore and 3d graphics. Games like KOF 2003 were laughed out of the room at the time too. In fact, maybe based on these articles you shared, all Neo Geo games weren't deemed worthy to the average gamer around that time.

50 minutes ago, Shakunetsu said:

Most that I met dislike Proximity Normals 

I have seen this comment online. Is there something beneficial with proximity normals in a game like SF?

Other than forcing certain properties, no. Proximity normals should only be implemented to balance out a toolkit imo. E.g. sf4 proximity normals rewarded certain characters for closing the gap but also dissuaded others from using far normals without much consideration. Chun cl.HK and Akuma cl.HK as examples in that tweet. (Not shown, but Yun cl.MK would occasionally whiff at certain ranges in 3s and 4)

If a button is too powerful at normal range and they wish to make proximity normals activate when closer and possibly whiffing, that's fine. I think it's really lazy battle design and would prefer they don't do that, but I also don't think it ruins the game. It only becomes a problem when they are inconsistently activated.

I think command normals are much better since it gives the player more choice on what tool they use. Adding more tools based on proximity doesn't necessarily make a game more complex or interesting, only more frustrating.

Edited by elliephil
43 minutes ago, elliephil said:

If a button is too powerful at normal range and they wish to make proximity normals activate when closer and possibly whiffing, that's fine. I think it's really lazy battle design and would prefer they don't do that, but I also don't think it ruins the game. It only becomes a problem when they are inconsistently activated.

I think command normals are much better since it gives the player more choice on what tool they use. Adding more tools based on proximity doesn't necessarily make a game more complex or interesting, only more frustrating.

Yeah and it's not kinda beginner friendly it might even confused or mis took it into something that appears on random. So it would resonate in a beginners mindset to mashed buttons and assume that mashing button makes random hidden normal attacks appear.

1 minute ago, Shakunetsu said:

Yeah and it's not kinda beginner friendly it might even confused or mis took it into something that appears on random. So it would resonate in a beginners mindset to mashed buttons and assume that mashing button makes random hidden normal attacks appear.

Yes, that's something I didn't even consider. Certainly not beginner friendly. Everyone has to learn spacing in every game regardless if there are proximity normals involved. They add a needless barrier.

7 minutes ago, delete_me said:

So reading between the line it seems there won't be any new stuff at Capcom's showcase about SF6. I guess they went with the route of State of Play and SGF to reach the maximum amount of viewers. Hopefully the RE4 part will be interesting enough to warrant checking in.

I'm playing through RE4 again right now. I'm really curious to know what they are going to do differently. I'm wondering if gameplay will be touched at all if it's like RE2 and RE3 remakes.

I kinda hope it keeps the campiness in the story and writing but maybe go more extreme with the horror on new storylines they would like to introduce.