Stage Select

Street Fighter 6 Lounge: The FGC has a crack problem.

https://www.twitch.tv/brian_f

BrianF is studying a comparison between Chun's classic and modern controls. Takeaways are: 

There's a symbol that means "charge" next to the modern fireball and SBK input. So you can't do one button charge specials without actually charging.

Also, her list of directional normals and target combos is absolutely gutted in modern controls. She only has 3 directional normals compared to like 10 in classic controls.

1 hour ago, Phantom_Miria said:

Where's the SFIV commentator when you need him?

Correction, the Vanilla SF4 announcer was hype AF.  The one that replaced him was flaming ass.

The problem with Vicious is that he doesn't have a good voice to be a video game announcer.  I don't know how to describe it but you need have a combination of "that voice" and then some stuff that's fun to hear. That's why CvS2 announcer is amazing. Guy had a pleasant voice and was saying some cool stuff.

On the other hand, think if they'd gotten F-Word, it would've been way cooler.

14 minutes ago, Sonero said:

problem with Vicious is that he doesn't have a good voice

I like Vicious, he seems a nice guy and all but... important tournaments for me are typically on at way past midnight, so if I want to have things loud, I need headphones. And the guy's volume and pitch range is off the scales. It literally makes me wince sometimes. Yes for F-Word (and also Jammerz) though.

Edited by JustBrowsing
4 hours ago, JustBrowsing said:

Parry Drive Rush seems to cover a fair chunk of distance (about 2 mins in)

""normal or unique attacks performed while moving will have their properties changed""

Edit/Also: TheoryFighter 8 min video on his time playing SF6

A couple of interesting things.

Modern Control Ryu loses Hashogeki. It doesn't even show up in the movelist.

Shinku Hadoken has invincibility.

Command normals still exist for Modern.

Ryu has a new command normal, 6HK. It's a high reverse roundhouse kick, but the flavor text says it's good to counter sweeps? 🤔

Both of his target combos look sick af. The heavy one is pretty much the same as SFV's HP~HK. Classic stuff, hopefully sp. cancelable.

New one using mediums. I like that. Apparently it's not horribly minus if you don't do the 3rd hit.

4 hours ago, Yiceman said:

Ok, there's your "comeback mechanic." The description of Ryu's level 3 super says "More powerful when vitality is at 25% or below."

That's the Denjin Shin Shoryuken we saw in the trailer. Pretty nice tbh. I guess all Lv. 3's will be like that.

4 hours ago, Vhozite said:

Watching this video i think if you throw someone in recovery it’s a hard knockdown. 

Ryu throws Jaime several times but towards the end Ryu throws Jaime as a punish and there is a pop saying “hard knockdown” along with a bit of a zoom in. 

Edit: It also does more damage it looks like.

That is straight up amazing tbh. 

11 minutes ago, HeavensCloud said:

Both games had roster leaks and we know what happened to MvCI after that.  In SF6's case it actually ended up helping the game IMO.  Just goes to show how important the starting roster is.  

For sure. It also helps that Sf6 is a really amazing looking game. This looks like a true next gen Street Fighter to me.

I think the roster for mvci could have been forgiven if it wasn't for the poor PR and the game looking ugly as sin. It ended up having really great gameplay but everything else was dead on arrival. Feels bad.

Edited by elliephil
16 minutes ago, HeavensCloud said:

Both games had roster leaks and we know what happened to MvCI after that.  In SF6's case it actually ended up helping the game IMO.  Just goes to show how important the starting roster is.  

to be honest I was expecting the initial roster being mostly SF2 would be a bad thing to be negative I'm amaze that it turned out the otherwise or completely opposite.

because most of the forums and threads i have been always wanted SF3 as majority of the cast and hated SF4 or used SF4 as a bad thing to start a roster. now it only further my research that most of the one in the numerous forums that are disliking SF4 casting are in the niche disposition. yet for me the best casting is SF5 because it's like ALPHA and i like ALPHA.

Watching some footage posted earlier here. Stage themes are confirmed. 

Commentary settings is on the menu, looks like you can turn them off. Don't forget the official site said they'll add more commentators down the road, but honestly, with how much the lines get triggered? No one could pull it off.

As far as I can tell, there are no proximity normals, same deal as SFV. Good.

If that's the case, Ryu's axe kick is his normal St. HK and the new f.HK is his old St. HK.

Speaking of buttons, all of his hitboxes look amazing. Cr. MK and Sweep hit at max range. I was really worried about that after SFV.

No light > medium or medium > heavy links initially had me concerned, but there's definitely enough to get things going here. Ryu had some nice blockstrings.

This is definitely the best footage I've seen posted here. Players are fairly decent and not Lv. 4 CPUs, so it got some pretty hype matches.

This game is definitely looking amazing right now.

Edit: Holy crap, Ryu's fireballs move FAST.

yes-wwe.gif

Edited by Volt
10 minutes ago, Shakunetsu said:

to be honest I was expecting the initial roster being mostly SF2 would be a bad thing to be negative I'm amaze that it turned out the otherwise or completely opposite.

because most of the forums and threads i have been always wanted SF3 as majority of the cast and hated SF4 or used SF4 as a bad thing to start a roster. now it only further my research that most of the one in the numerous forums that are disliking SF4 casting are in the niche disposition. yet for me the best casting is SF5 because it's like ALPHA and i like ALPHA.

If I'm nitpicking I'd remove Ed and Rashid and maybe one or two of the WW's and have some Alpha and 3rd Strike characters instead. That said, the new character designs look great so I don't feel as bad with 3rd Strike and Alpha omissions.  If we had SF4's 'new' characters I might be pissed lol (and this is coming from a huge SF4 fan).

8 minutes ago, HeavensCloud said:

If I'm nitpicking I'd remove Ed and Rashid and maybe one or two of the WW's and have some Alpha and 3rd Strike characters instead. That said, the new character designs look great so I don't feel as bad with 3rd Strike and Alpha omissions.  If we had SF4's 'new' characters I might be pissed lol (and this is coming from a huge SF4 fan).

Yeah everyone is already expecting and speculating them to come on packs and groups. that's a surprising and clever way to sell a season pass because it's a comes in a set of nostalgia instead of just mixed characters per season.

17 minutes ago, Shakunetsu said:

Majority cast being sf3 seems ridiculous to me cause that's 13 characters to choose coming from the III series. Sf4 had 9. Alpha had 15. (I'm counting Evil Ryu as Alpha and all the Final Fight and SF1 characters that made it into a legit Street Fighter game.)

Sf3 character popularity is definitely overstated not to mention I don't know how characters like Ibuki, Sean, Q, Dudley, etc are going to all fit into a game with a cast of similar characters. (Not that they aren't popular enough to warrant a return.) If Luke is our new Ryu, does that make Sean our Ken?

I agree that lots of sfv characters should return. It only makes sense for continuity. I'm hoping to see Sodom come back eventually since the game takes place in Metro City and we haven't seen him playable in a while.

1 hour ago, elliephil said:

Sf3 character popularity is definitely overstated not to mention I don't know how characters like Ibuki, Sean, Q, Dudley, etc are going to all fit into a game with a cast of similar characters. (Not that they aren't popular enough to warrant a return.) If Luke is our new Ryu, does that make Sean our Ken?

I feel many will be disappointed with Sean's fate because there are clear hints and indicators that Capcom is intentionally setting him aside or even for good. I liked Sean to be Luke's direct rival and everyone else in the another forum, but it looks like it sends a different message the way they introduced Jaime and his color palette that is very yellow.

SF6 Luke got some Sean like inspiration in his specials and supers. Jaime introduce Luke's direct Rival in SF6 that has Sean dominant color palette after people and even Max wanted Sean to be Luke's direct rival.

In SF5, They introduce Laura instead of making Sean playable character. then turned him to a pre-teen state to justify him not being playable yet while other of his fellow young SF3 characters that appeared in SF4 also appeared the same way they are in SF3 together with the Alpha/Zero characters. Thus changing and shortening the age gap.

The problem here is people that like Sean dismissed the idea of Sean being neglected and they are very indirect with their concerns with Sean. that Sean is like to be treated as a function rather than a character they want. It's like the elephant in the room that everyone doesn't want to directly talked about.

Some dislike me from raising the concern even they know I am on there side with Sean. I'm beginning to expect a huge disappointing surprise for people in another forum because of not directly being vocal to their most concern character and ignoring the hints that continuously surfacing since SF5.

Edited by Shakunetsu