Stage Select

Street Fighter 6 Lounge: The FGC has a crack problem.

Re: 3DS Guile, Vesper and his buddy did a trailer breakdown, there seem to be two types of boom shown off - one that's reddish tinted and Guile says "Perfect" when he does it. They speculated that each would have different properties, and maybe one's "Modern". I think (hope) if that's the case, then the modern one will likely have way more recovery.

Edited by JustBrowsing
1 hour ago, Shakunetsu said:

I wonder if leaked will remain as is or it is close to the final version and will retain that angle. Yet it's too long in duration.

I think this is Capcom throwing the soccer moms a bone. Since her default is her wearing leggings this means they don't have to worry about the censorship police telling them to tone it down. We had to sacrifice the default so her coochie could be seen in 4K.

1 hour ago, Shakunetsu said:

This is so fucking based LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!

43 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

3DS Guile has returned

NOrwabG.jpg

This is not based this is cringe

spacer.png

2 hours ago, Skort said:

At this point it's really a guessing game. 

The video with Cammy's  lvl 3 super is  ~15 second long. 

That's pretty long for super move but i personally don't mind. Cinematic supers never bothered me in SF series, where i dislike them is MK series where the fatalities are just disgusting beyond belief and get annoying really fast.  

Besides , i kinda get the feeling that lvl 1 / 2 supers could prove better in the long run since  they will probably provide some decent damage for lower bar cost as opposed to lvl 3 ones that seem to require a very hard read or crumple.

But again, who knows really. Work in progress 🙂

I personally don't mind that lvl3 supers are long, since one would assume we wouldn't see them as often if the other super options offer extra utilities that are worth not having the extra damage/saving it for a comeback, but I wouldn't mind if they sped up the animation a little on Cammy's super since 15 seconds feels like a little too much.

I know that they want it to be epic, but is not like the animation is that great to warrant the 15 seconds.

And since you mentioned MK, I think that their Supers only started to bother me in MKXI.

Many of them feel like that are padded unnecessarily.

Like, they have a nice super that is well paced up to a certain point, but then the super continues adding more extra shit just for the sake of being "over the top", but end feeling like a chore to watch after a while. But that wouldn't be the case if they ended up to the point they felt well paced.

It doesn't help that since the supers on MK now don't require meter and are given for free at the end of the round, and you can spam them with certain regularity until they connect, you are guaranteed to see them at least 1 per round if not 2 per round for each character.

So you are forced to watch at worst 2 cinematics that got old fast during the 1st month every single round

Edited by Hecatom
34 minutes ago, JustBrowsing said:

Vesper and his buddy did a trailer breakdown, there seem to be two types of boom shown off - one that's reddish tinted and Guile says "Perfect" when he does it. They speculated that each would have different properties, and maybe one's "Modern". I think (hope) if that's the case, then the modern one will likely have way more recovery.

Got a present for you fam.

C5WFT65.jpg

36 minutes ago, JustBrowsing said:

Vesper and his buddy did a trailer breakdown, there seem to be two types of boom shown off - one that's reddish tinted and Guile says "Perfect" when he does it. They speculated that each would have different properties, and maybe one's "Modern". I think (hope) if that's the case, then the modern one will likely have way more recovery.

They already lost normals and probably don't have access to all the versions of the Boom.

No need to also add extra penalties to the simple mode.

10 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Some characters sound better in English. G being the brightest example. As meme worthy as it is "Powah to de ass, right it up" aint it.

16 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

that is some pleb heathen thing to do :coffee:

😤

13 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

😤

That's going to be the steam coming out of your nose if you dare walk into church after setting G's voice to Japanese. By the time the sermon is over, KI fans after going to be walking up to you saying "Hey yo, Cinder, can I get your autograph?"

2 hours ago, JustBrowsing said:

Re: 3DS Guile, Vesper and his buddy did a trailer breakdown, there seem to be two types of boom shown off - one that's reddish tinted and Guile says "Perfect" when he does it. They speculated that each would have different properties, and maybe one's "Modern". I think (hope) if that's the case, then the modern one will likely have way more recovery.

He already has the "perfect" soundbite in V.

Also, in both situations, it either interacted with his old VS1 or VT1/SA2.

Honestly? Looks like his Heavy Boom with some spice on it.

Modern already has a ton of drawbacks, I really wouldn't worry about it, but then again, I did play Blazblue, so I've seen first-hand the Stylish Mode they're trying to copy.

Daigo ain't pulling up to CPT with Modern Guile, don't worry. 🤣

18 minutes ago, The Slick Tony said:

Got some off screen footage. Pro level play - 

I know a lot of people have tried to get super picky and clown on still-action screenshots from the game, but GODDAMN it looks good in motion. The animations are great, with excellent weight to them. Also saw a lot of moves from Chun we didn't see in earlier trailers, like SBK. Guy playing Jaime didn't get a chance to do much.

Quote from Skill Up:

"FGC, lemme tell you: I don’t know shit about fighting games. But i will tell you that this felt extremely smooth to play, characters felt weighty without feeling sluggish and it looks awesome. This shitty video doesn’t do it justice."

Edited by Yiceman
3 hours ago, Skort said:

At this point it's really a guessing game. 

The video with Cammy's  lvl 3 super is  ~15 second long. 

Hope they don't cut parts of it, the whole animation is cool

I think they can just speed it up: just using YT function to alter speed i seen it at 1.50 or 1.75 and aside being too fast on first hit, rest feels better than the original

20 minutes ago, The Slick Tony said:

Got some off screen footage. Pro level play - 

The UI a day -6 months is already better than every version of SFV lol. 

Also they finally differentiated the meters so it’s way easier to tell which is yours. Always been talking tiny thing that bothered me and I’m glad to see it fixed.

4 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

Chun and Guile got two new voice actors in this game. Also given the direction the VA industry is heading Capcom will likely cast an Asian actress because Juri is Korean. 

It's a possibility but not necessarily an eventuality. Ryu is still voiced by Kyle Herbert. They need to give @ShockDingoa role. I'm at work, or I'd link it. But there was fan animated project where he voiced Bison epically. Even @Daemosapproved.

7 minutes ago, Sonero said:

Rumor was that the game was original a tag game. So it could be that they scrapped that after they fired Ono. then since they had the code done they could just turn it into a feature.

Ono wasn't fired.

He retired due health issues.

It was very documented that he was having serious issues that even lead to hospitalizations prior SFV release.

The whole reason why he was moved laterally on the company to the esports division, which was specifically created for him, was to keep him around SF but to also to give him a position with less stress.

Also, he wasn't the leader of the SFV project by the time it rolled out.

He was a producer, but one of many.

Edited by Hecatom
12 minutes ago, Sonero said:

Hate to be a downer on this, but on that clip the game goes 20 seconds after characters are selected to playing.

Somebody let capcom know that they have to fix that.

Since the game is still in development, there are probably optimizations that have not been done yet to reduce load times.

Saying that, seeing how so many games nowdays don't seem to be optimized to reduce said load times, I am not holding my breath that they wouldn't still be kind of long once the game releases, lol.

13 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

Also given the direction the VA industry is heading Capcom will likely cast an Asian actress because Juri is Korean. 

Doubt it's gonna happen in this particular case.

She posted rather recently about her love of voicing the character. Few months ago actually. Replacing the voice actress just because sounds incredibly dumb and unnecessary, i don't see why Capcom would do it just because Juri is asian and the voice actress is not.And based on this post if it happens, it's not because she cba doing it anymore, unless something major changed in the meantime.

Screenshot-2022-06-10-211839.jpg

6 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

Since the game is still in development, there are probably optimizations that have not been done yet to reduce load times.

Saying that, seeing how so many games nowdays don't seem to be optimized to reduce said load times, I am not holding my breath that they wouldn't still be kind of long once the game releases, lol.

Get (alright time to make a sandwich) for the (alright I am done, got my sandwich even made some tea) Battle! (and now to start my Netflix series)

*one episode later*
Oh hey my match started I can play!

Tekken experience. Seriously why do Tekkens feel 20x longer than anyone elses, I don't get it.

14 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

Chun and Guile got two new voice actors in this game. Also given the direction the VA industry is heading Capcom will likely cast an Asian actress because Juri is Korean. 

Ah yes, the whole racial segregation for voice acting roles thing.

Asians voice asians, black people voice black people, white people voice white people...

I can see absolutely nothing wrong or concerning with this.

6 minutes ago, Skort said:

i don't see why Capcom would do it just because Juri is asian

You will be surprised how companies fall for dumb shit like that.

Strive replaced Ramlethal voice actress for a black woman because Ram has dark skin (yet she is not black, since she is a tanned version of Aria/Jack-O)

2 minutes ago, Phantom_Miria said:

Ah yes, the whole racial segregation for voice acting roles thing.

Asians voice asians, black people voice black people, white people voice white people...

I can see absolutely nothing wrong or concerning with this.

Good thing that there is a double standard, where is only whites and heterosexuals who can't voice characters that don't match them...

... oh wait 🤔

10 minutes ago, Mr.Cipher said:

Get (alright time to make a sandwich) for the (alright I am done, got my sandwich even made some tea) Battle! (and now to start my Netflix series)

*one episode later*
Oh hey my match started I can play!

Tekken experience. Seriously why do Tekkens feel 20x longer than anyone elses, I don't get it.

I play yugio matches between the loading times, and those can take over 20 mins at times, lol

41 minutes ago, Sonero said:

Hate to be a downer on this, but on that clip the game goes 20 seconds after characters are selected to playing.

Somebody let capcom know that they have to fix that.

Many developers hide loading screens of behind cinematics / door openings / in-game elevators and so on. 

Looking at the fact that SF 6's  characters and stages are far more complex and detailed i would not be surprised if this is  the case as well.

Edited by Skort
4 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

You will be surprised how companies fall for dumb shit like that.

Strive replaced Ramlethal voice actress for a black woman because Ram has dark skin (yet she is not black, since she is a tanned version of Aria/Jack-O)

Wait, Ram is just the Black John Cena version of Jack-O? I need to learn my GG lore.

For Reference

E8ZHLNDXsAEIWEw.jpg

6 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Wait, Ram is just the Black John Cena version of Jack-O? I need to learn my GG lore.

All the Valentines are Variants of Aria.

Think of them as "clones" created by the backyard, which is something like a dimension where magic exists.

They take certain traits from her, but also have some minor differences due the "cloning" not being 100% accurate.

Jack-O is the closets to being a full clone, since she was created by That Man as a way to merge her with Justice, who is the real Aria and bring her back to life.

At the end of Xrd, both Jack-O and Justice merged making Aria whole again.

Dunno if Strive continued the story like left on Xrd, or if they made any change, since instead of going by Aria, she is still called Jac-o, but seeing that her hair is no longer blonde and is Red now (with blonde on the downside) i would assume that this Jack-O is Aria now.

BTW, Ram is the classic example of a character designed inspired by some of the gyaru culture, specifically the kogal variant.

Is not a 100% inspiration, but it takes elements, like the dyed hair and the tanned skin.

Another character that takes inspiration from said aesthetics is Isla from KOFXV for example.

The problem is that the retards see tanned skin, and automatically think Black/PoC.

You will be surprised how many nontroversies have happened because artists "white wash" tanned anime characters, like Nagatoro, Nessa & Bea from Pokemon, etc, etc.

Edited by Hecatom