Stage Select

Street Fighter 6 Lounge: The FGC has a crack problem.

18 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

Strive replaced Ramlethal voice actress for a black woman because Ram has dark skin

Technically correct. According to the original Dub VA, they approached her to get her to play Ramlethal again but she didn’t accept. Saying that Ram should be played by a black woman and then when her new VA was shown off, she made a post saying that the change was because of her. It was very weird since most people would’ve thought ‘Oh, new VA.’ if she didn’t say anything. Since she did say something, it led to this whole stupid thing with dubbing.

12 minutes ago, TWINBLADES_SRK said:

Snip

She isn't black either, since she is not meant to represent any race from the real world.

She is the classic example of an ambiguously brown skin character, meant to be exotic, since it pops up more among other non brown characters.

Then add that she also takes a lot of elements of the gyaru/kogal aesthetics, by being a fashion model who many of her clothes, while simplified, are clearly inspired by the fashion sense of the gyaru/kogak culture.

You can even see this character design principle applied to actual japanese characters in other animes/mangas/games, etc like Mina from Samsho.

She is japanese from Okinawa, but to confer some aura of mysticism and being exotic, they designed her with tanned skin color and  white hair, since there was this idea back in the day where Samsho setting occurs that okinawans were mystic people.

And Mina being a priestess it makes sense make her otherworldly by being non standard in terms of character design.

Edited by Hecatom
46 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

Ono wasn't fired.

He retired due health issues.

It was very documented that he was having serious issues that even lead to hospitalizations prior SFV release.

The whole reason why he was moved laterally on the company to the esports division, which was specifically created for him, was to keep him around SF but to also to give him a position with less stress.

Also, he wasn't the leader of the SFV project by the time it rolled out.

He was a producer, but one of many.

I though he was demoted for SFV not hit expectation, I'm surprised it was health issues, that explains that he was asking "them" to add new characters during the radio silence time.

To be quite honest i think they are pretty far in development with this particular project.

Leak showed a lot of characters already having 3D models ready on the select screen, they seem to have a playable demo that honestly looks pretty good and they keep teasing and showing all these random clips of features.

Q1 2023 ? I'm a believer. 

1 minute ago, Skort said:

To be quite honest i think they are pretty far in development with this particular project.

Leak showed a lot of characters already having 3D models ready on the select screen, they seem to have a playable demo that honestly looks pretty good and they keep teasing and showing all these random clips of features.

Q1 2023 ? I'm a believer. 

I think most SF games end up being Q1 for console releases. Sf4 and Sfv both were. Won't be too long of a wait then! 😃

Yeah check it out. They absolutely skipped the walk out intro after character selection, which made load time about 6-7 seconds.

Also, you can see the drive bar under their health. It comes back at a solid, but not too fast rate. It looks like the amount of drive bar restored on a fireball parry is very small, not refunding all of the bar you used to do the parry in the first place. At least that's what my eyes saw, it's a little hard to make out.

1 minute ago, Shakunetsu said:

I though he was demoted for SFV not hit expectation, I'm surprised it was health issues, that explains that he was asking "them" to add new characters during the radio silence time.

Sadly, there is a lot misinformation around Ono and SF.

The last project where Ono was in charge as the main producer was SFxT.

For SFV he was one producer, but not the main producer.

He was already on the Esports side of Capcom.

Director: Takayuki Nakayama
Producer: Koichi Sugiyama

Even during the SFxT production period he wasn't the only producer, since by that point he was already having health issues.

People love to blame him for everything because he was the face we saw.

Side Note

It is why Filipino Champ when was chilling for MVCI, was saying that he talked with Ono and that they were fixing Chun Li, so people shouldn't worry.

A lot of people in the fgc think that Ono was in charge of every fg until he left the company, and many people believe he was fired, when he just simply retired.

Capcom even tried to keep him around offering him a vp position, but he was just ready to move on.

2 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

So they're playing the PS4 version 

I doubt that the basic PS4 version will look that good.

If they were using consoles it will be on a PS5 to showcase the current gen look of the game.

Otherwise it could be a disservise for the game from a marketing standpoint.

5 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

Oof

Sounds like an overkill, lol

We already have a lot of defensive mechanics, adding extra punishment would only make the game more turtle heavy 🤣

Almost sounds like an overcorrection from SFV criticism about being too rushdown heaavy, like how SFV felt like a overcorrection over SFIV being so turtle heave, lol.

21 minutes ago, CESTUS III said:

loose hair open jacket alt, so maybe was'nt customization but just an alt?

Seems to be when he's drank enough, maybe?

Oh yeah, as per translation (though I'm prettyyyy sure you yourself don't need it)

"For those who ask, every time Jamie takes a sip he goes up one level and gains new skills. At the fourth level, with her hair down, she becomes a beast."

Edited by JustBrowsing
4 minutes ago, JustBrowsing said:

I was just about to post this. I can translate the tweet, it says:

"To those who are asking, every time Jamie drinks he goes up a level and gains new abilities. At the fourth level, the one with loose hair, he becomes a beast."

So, it's kinda like G with Presidential Levels plus Necalli's hair?

35 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

She isn't black either, since she is not meant to represent any race from the real world.

She is the classic example of an ambiguously brown skin character, meant to be exotic, since it pops up more among other non brown characters.

Then add that she also takes a lot of elements of the gyaru/kogal aesthetics, by being a fashion model who many of her clothes, while simplified, are clearly inspired by the fashion sense of the gyaru/kogak culture.

You can even see this character design principle applied to actual japanese characters in other animes/mangas/games, etc like Mina from Samsho.

She is japanese from Okinawa, but to confer some aura of mysticism and being exotic, they designed her with tanned skin color and  white hair, since there was this idea back in the day where Samsho setting occurs that okinawans were mystic people.

And Mina being a priestess it makes sense make her otherworldly by being non standard in terms of character design.

I'm actually heated that you would say this. Racially ambiguous is a such cope deflection when tones of anime feature non Japanese characters all the fucking time. You aren't gonna sit her and tell me that the cast of AoT are ambiguous especially because Mikasa is obviously Asian. Lets not sit here  and pretend that Japan doesn't have a euro centric bias when it comes to character design my dude. We literally had 6 years of blond fighter 5. And I already know about gyaru but just because a character is brown doesn't mean they're gyaru or as Okinawin. Gyaru has traditionally been stylized like this:

spacer.png

Nessa looks nothing like this and I've never seen black people unironically claim gyaru characters as black people. I know we aren't gonna get anywhere here because me and you are on different realities when it comes to representation in the media. It's funny because I used to think exactly like this. 

15 minutes ago, TWINBLADES_SRK said:

Snip

Yeah, lets agree to disagree here.

But like I said, Nessa is not meant to represent any race, hence why she is designed with a lot of features that make her not to be a clear race, since her only feature that is different from all the other char designs is her more tanned skin color.

If anything, if we were to assume that she is homologous to someone from our world it would be someone from the Southeast asia before being black.

Also, racially ambiguous is not a cope.

Is a clear design choice that is very prevalent in fiction, specially in fiction from places that are mostly ethnically homogeneous, like japan for example.

To pretend to apply western/usa sensibilities into japanese media is not only absurd but idiotic.

Edit

Also, as a latino in latin america that is has heritage from natives, spaniards, black and jewish i say FUCK REPRESENTATION.

It has become a cancer that is eroding entertainment, a clutch to justify inserting shit that doesnt belong there.

Not only that, but an excuse to justify harassing artists because they don't comfort to muh representation, trying to force people from other countries to adhere to their narrow point of view.

Fuck that shit.

Edited by Hecatom
3 minutes ago, JustBrowsing said:

Parry Drive Rush seems to cover a fair chunk of distance (about 2 mins in)

""normal or unique attacks performed while moving will have their properties changed""

Ok, there's your "comeback mechanic." The description of Ryu's level 3 super says "More powerful when vitality is at 25% or below."

Edited by Yiceman
1 hour ago, Yiceman said:

Watching this video i think if you throw someone in recovery it’s a hard knockdown. 

Ryu throws Jaime several times but towards the end Ryu throws Jaime as a punish and there is a pop saying “hard knockdown” along with a bit of a zoom in. 

Edit: It also does more damage it looks like.

Edited by Vhozite
18 minutes ago, TWINBLADES_SRK said:

Shit

Nah son.

I take a good story/fun entertainment over representation any day.

I don't needed He Man, Luke, Goku, She-ra, etc to be latinos or be like me to enjoy their stories.

The same that I don't needed Blade, Bruce Lee, Agent J, Xena, Buffy etc to be latinos either.

At best the representation most of the time is just lip service, and at worst is just plain tokenism

Edited by Hecatom
2 minutes ago, Skort said:

I can't be the only one who sees Jamie pretty much acting like Rashid does in his intros and such.

Nah I see it too. Jumping around, showboating, even his intro line has a similar cockiness that Rashid’s had (“The top player is here!” vs “Remember the name well!”). Makes me wonder how they will evolve Rashid when he’s revealed.

54 minutes ago, JustBrowsing said:

Oh yeah, as per translation (though I'm prettyyyy sure you yourself don't need it)

"For those who ask, every time Jamie takes a sip he goes up one level and gains new skills. At the fourth level, with her hair down, she becomes a beast."

Yeah mystery solved, according to the guy end up that loose hair (+open jacket i guess) version is just visual way to represent Jamie reached 4th level of drunk lol 

So was'nt an alt costume, if anything as for Necalli he will have loose hair version of every alt costume 

Ability seems to rise bit like G used to do in SFV, each alcohol shot (guess 4 is max number) he gain new shit 

Wonder if also get sober (losing abilities like G) or if is permanent state

20 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

Nah son.

I take a good story/fun entertainment over representation any day.

I don't needed He Man, Luke, Goku, She-ra, etc to be latinos or be like me to enjoy their stories.

The same that I don't needed Blade, Bruce Lee, Agent J, Xena, Buffy etc to be latinos either.

At best the representation most of the time is just lip service, and at worst is just plain tokenism

I have to agree, i'm latino and gay and I feel the same way. Too much pandering these days, and you cant even speak against it without getting mobbed online.

4 minutes ago, Yiceman said:

Some better quality gameplay footage from someone who played an early version of the game. According to him:

Parries activate frame 1

If someone punishes your whiffed parry you lose extra meter.

Was just about to post this.

I wonder if there are more people who will publish these fights on youtube, we can get a much better look into what is actually going on that twitter vids.