Stage Select

Street Fighter 6 Lounge: The FGC has a crack problem.

51 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

Nah son.

I take a good story/fun entertainment over representation any day.

I don't needed He Man, Luke, Goku, She-ra, etc to be latinos or be like me to enjoy their stories.

The same that I don't needed Blade, Bruce Lee, Agent J, Xena, Buffy etc to be latinos either.

At best the representation most of the time is just lip service, and at worst is just plain tokenism

Spoiler

What's funny is that I agree with you I just know where the framing is coming from when people typically say "I don't care about representation."

2 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

IIRC it's because how retarded the rating system is. Ryu murdering Chun Li with a Shin Shoryuken is fine. Jamie getting a his drink on is a bridge too far 😑

This was what I was thinking why they hesitate with Lee in street fighter, I wonder how many points are knives, metal claws and shurikens are haha

34 minutes ago, TWINBLADES_SRK said:
  Hide contents

What's funny is that I agree with you I just know where the framing is coming from when people typically say "I don't care about representation."

The problem is that mentality is the same one that lumps any criticism against anything as haters, racism, x-phobia, etc

Which is not different than believing in stereotypes.

You don't know where my framing is coming from, because people have more nuance than just generalizing them in boxes.

Representation is by itself self defeating, because you will never manage to represent everyone.

Just because you add a latino in a show it wouldn't mean that I will identify with him/her.

I am more than the cultural commonality that being a latino implies (Is not a race btw like many people in usa want to pretend it is)

Edited by Hecatom

I was talking with Sonero.

As much as I don't want to, SF6 has managed to at least get me interested enough to consider giving it a chance.

I can see that Capcom is really trying to correct the errors that they have committed to their previous fgs.

So if they really are putting the work to win the crowd back, the least I can do is give it a chance.

DAMN YOU CAPCPOM!!!!!!

1 minute ago, Illwill88 said:

Does it only chip when you're in burnout though? Blocking attacks in other footage didn't chip at all, it just drained your drive guage. Looks to me like chip only applies if you're in burnout.

1 minute ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Capcom's rollback netcode has gotten better in each successive release. SF6's netcode should be improved over MvCI's which was far better than SFV's.

You know, I sometimes wonder how it really was.

I know it improved from the SFV netcode, but given the smaller player-base, it also could be that there were less instances to see the fuckery that are common from SFV 😅

Not to mention that some of the people playing it could be exaggerating a little