Stage Select

Street Fighter 6 Lounge: The FGC has a crack problem.

15 minutes ago, Phantom_Miria said:

SFVI design so far: let's give all the old characters beards.

Anyway, that trailer succeeded in the uneasy task of making Guile look cool. Pretty good so far.

He's been looking cool since SFV. And it's true what they say about beards, it's make up for men 😉

Edited by TWINBLADES_SRK
1 minute ago, Vhozite said:

Curious to see how VS1 translates in SF6. I assume it’s a special move at this point, which means it might has 3 different versions and maybe an EX? It’ll probably just work the same as SFV but I’m still curious if they change it at all. I also wonder what motion it’ll be.

From the trailer it lasts longer than it did on SF5. He got knockdown from it and stayed on screen long enough to combine it with a boom. I can it see that being his go to combo ender for midscreen.

1 minute ago, Doctrine_Dark said:

Let’s go over all three of Guile’s Super Arts, which reflects his journey as one of the most well-known World Warriors!

52128663987_3b3128487e_h.jpg

Sonic Hurricane (1 Stock) – Introduced in Street Fighter Alpha 3, Guile fires a massive aerial slash directly ahead. If used with a Heavy Punch, the aerial slash fires diagonally upwards as a good anti-air option. An extremely versatile move that can be used in combos, to counter projectiles, or as a way to turn the tables when being pressured.

52129712428_bbde72468b_h.jpg

Solid Puncher (2 Stocks) – Introduced in Street Fighter V as Guile’s V-Trigger I, Solid Puncher is now a Super Art. Guile envelops both arms in aerial slashes and enables the use of Sonic Break, where a flurry of small Sonic Boom projectiles can be unleashed simply by pressing the punch buttons.

52128663472_cbfe1b37d1_h.jpg

Crossfire Somersault (3 Stocks) – A brand new Super Art, Guile puffs his chest and fires a massive aerial slash that launches the opponent into the air before following up with a brutal Somersault Kick.

In previous games in the series, Guile’s iconic stage was at a base on the ground. For Street Fighter 6, put on your lifejackets, because his stage now takes place at an anchored aircraft carrier at sea. Complete with mid-flight planes, a multicultural collection of flags, and a posse of cheerful onlookers, Guile’s stage has undergone a revamp to match the new era it takes place in. How does his stage fit into his story this time?

That’s it for now when it comes to our coverage of Guile – who remains a Chad! Street Fighter 6 is scheduled for landing in 2023 on PlayStation 5 and PlayStation 4.

https://blog.playstation.com/2022/06/09/guile-returns-in-street-fighter-6/

Man, I really need to see a full match with him. His zoning game sounds crazy.

19 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

Changing Guile’s stage from the Air Force Base to an aircraft carrier is a really cool thematic change 

That looks like the Ikari Stage from KoFXIV, just higher Quality with more NPCs in the Background...... considering this is an Aircraft carrier, it is no surprise they look similar

12 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

I welcome a less cartoony Street Fighter, kinda wish they went a bit darker with it, not edgelord or anything, but a more mature, to kinda match the urban, grimey SF3 vibe it's going for

Dark doesn't necessarily means mature.

Plus seeing the bright colors and other stuff we have seen, it seems, at least to me, that the urban setting is not to meant to be taken for any dark element but for the fun ones that urban culture has to offer.

Just now, Daemos said:

Guile looks sexy af. Just incredible! And Luke can seriously fuck off from these WW trailers now... Nobody cares about his ass.

My only criticism is that sometimes the particle effects and the characters seem faded or muted. They don't pop out against the busy backgrounds like previous entries and that should be addressed. 

I think Luke appears mostly because it is Ryu's rival? and Guile's disciple.

I will assume that he will not appear on the reveals of chars he has not ties in.

53 minutes ago, Doctrine_Dark said:

This basically means every character is going to have some type of hit confirm ability as long as they have drive. Which means that meter management is going to matter for a lot.

This is really going to be some footsies fighter 6. Go to goofy with defensive stuff and you might miss out on being able to do this. Take into account that EX moves use drive and then well....man this is going to be a really hard game.

17 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

So am I going to have to update the "Vhozite terrorizes the Megashock battle lounge gif" to feature SF6 Guile? 😉

Nah I’ll probably end up playing someone else totally different. Guile looks really cool and I’ve played him in the past but playing charge characters hurts my hands after a while. 

10 minutes ago, Phantom_Miria said:

I don't think it's any less cartoony honestly.

Guile's arms and proportions are still freakishly huge.

Definitely seems less cartoony to me, less goofy exaggerated facial expressions and just way out there character designs. SF3 had odd proportions too but seemed a bit gritty in a sense, proportions not really my point, I should've clarified better🤷🏾‍♂️