Stage Select

Street Fighter 6 Lounge: The FGC has a crack problem.

40 minutes ago, TWINBLADES_SRK said:

Kimberly already took Ibuki’s spot 🙂

Doubt

To be real it's nothing new, Ibuki (or any SF3 char) did'nt made it in SF4 base cast, nor in base SFV either

Street Fighter IV All Characters [PS3] - YouTube

La fine di Street Fighter V tra passato e futuro della serie - N3rdcore

would not read too much in Ibuki's (or any SF3 char) absence from base cast, seem the story of last 14 years

Edited by CESTUS III
5 minutes ago, mykka said:

I think its popularity is inflated online cause of several prominent streamers in the FGC like Max and Aris

It doesn't help, but is not just that.

Is a common occurrence in basically any kind of community.

Where there is an echo chamber effect.

For example,, with how some subset of the community will like you to believe that Ingrid is hated, when most people either are indifferent, or not know who she is, and even those who dislike her are smaller in numbers than those who like her.

The fact that she has made it into crossovers outside the game she debuted, which was a massive flop, shows that.

51 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

If even 1/3rd of the people that dick ride 3S played it it would be the most popular FG ever made

I wish they were around when I was dumping quarters into 3S at the arcades. But they couldn't because most of them weren't even born yet.

50 minutes ago, FengShuiEnergy said:

That thing called nostalgia?

That was the rationale when SFIV dropped. It had been a decade since the world warriors were around. Last game they were in was SFA3. We all get nostalgic, typically about things we haven't seen in a while. This will be the third game in a row SFIV, SFV, SFVI with these characters. We getting nostalgic about things that are constantly around now?

Side Note: I've read this Kimberly replacing Ibuki talk. Doubtful. By all indications. Kimberly is the latest Bushinryu practioner. So I doubt she'll play like Ibuki at all. If anything I'd be worried for Guy or Maki fans. Zeku at least has the dual style mechanic to fall back on.

2 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I wish they were around when I was dumping quarters into 3S at the arcades. But they couldn't because most of them weren't even born yet.

That was the rationale when SFIV dropped. It had been a decade since the world warriors were around. Last game they were in was SFA3. We all get nostalgic, typically about things we haven't seen in a while. This will be the third game in a row SFIV, SFV, SFVI with these characters. We getting nostalgic about things that are constantly around now?

Side Note: I've read this Kimberly replacing Ibuki talk. Doubtful. By all indications. Kimberly is the latest Bushinryu practioner. So I doubt she'll play like Ibuki at all. If anything I'd be worried for Guy or Maki fans. Zeku at least has the dual style mechanic to fall back on.

These days nostalgic is when it's a constant thing. That or they just want their fav characters in every game. Which makes sense. 

3 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Is a good thing that Ibuki is not a redhead, otherwise it would be more likely that Kimberly will be her replacement 👀

7 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Watching 3S players cope with the fact that nobody cares about French Guile and shitty wrestling Blanka with a command grab is the best.

Super Turbo > 3rd Strike

1 hour ago, Shakunetsu said:

Ah yes, the joys of playing a main character that's anti-meta.

Shoutouts to Highland, Sagat had it rough in V.

42 minutes ago, Sonero said:

lmfao-lil-jon.gif

Don't worry guys! It ain't booze, it's steroids!!! 🤣

20 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

The funniest thing about it is that it’s coming from a Banjo main who I’m sure wasn’t even born when the original games came out.

This is as good a time as any to remind y'all that Banjo-Tooie is the GOAT 3D platformer. 

Mario 64 is overrated as fuuuuug.

1 hour ago, mykka said:

I doubt it. Ibuki was one of the best selling DLC's.

Did Capcom ever reveal those numbers or rankings? Because I checked right now and in the current Top 20 DLC character list the only three Season 1 characters are Juri, Guile and Balrog.

3 minutes ago, delete_me said:

It invented proper movement in a 3D space. It doesn't hold up to well but you can hardly call the pioneer of modern videogames overrated. Even with a plane you still nee a wheel to take off and land.

Bro, 3d games that felt good to play already existed before Mario 64.

Lets not try to change history now, lol

2 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

Not on console. In response Sony introduced the Dual Shock. 

Side Note: Wasn't Banjo Tooie where Rare started leaning heavily into their collectathon nonsense that reached it's apex in DK64?

8 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

So what game before Mario 64 had proper 3D movement? Crash with its corridors you ran through with a D-Pad and Tomb Raider with its tank controls via WASD?

I'm not changing history here, Mario 64 has been cited by developers as a blueprint for 3D movement for decades after its release.

9 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

On console, which one? Because platforming was way better in Mario 64 than an overwhelming amount of games at the time.  Gotta keep in mind that Mario 64 came out in 96.

13 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

Only way I accept Blanka is if he gets that business suit he had in Fortnite. Business Suit Blanka>>>>>>>>>

I like his new SF6 design tbh, it enrich the usual Blanka design with lot of new details but it fit him a lot, watching it can see him now living in rural Brazil with his mom lol

Said that i'm pretty sure Capcom did'nt ignored the popularity that business Blanka got, and it's not everyday that a character like him (not waifu, not cool guy) can sell a solid DLC, i doubt they will miss the opportunity lol

20 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

Only way I accept Blanka is if he gets that business suit he had in Fortnite. Business Suit Blanka>>>>>>>>>

Reminds me of one of those kids who goes to first day of business school in freshman year and thinks they are awesome because their dad bought them 1 (one) suit and $1000 to play around with in an investment portfolio.

Looks fire tho and I would like the idea of Blanka wanting to be taken more seriously but not understanding what people take seriously about adults lol.

Like the atmosphere from this so far. I'm very inclusive either way from that parry mechanic. Intuitive accuracy timing into possible capitalization was something fresh in games like Samurai Shodown, Weapon Lord, and 3s. I like the increased uncertainty mechanical concept at the time from past outcomes at the highest level. 

26 minutes ago, elliephil said:

The people that beg for Makoto are doing so only because of visuals, right?

Visuals, as in, the feet?

Yes, feet coomers are the most powerful force behind the Makoto lobbying group. Their fingerprints- I'm sorry, toeprints, are all over the whole pro-Makoto agenda.

It may be unsavory, but it is true.

You can ask Skort for more information.

spacer.png

6 minutes ago, Phantom_Miria said:

Visuals, as in, the feet?

Yes, feet coomers are the most powerful force behind the Makoto lobbying group. Their fingerprints- I'm sorry, toeprints, are all over the whole pro-Makoto agenda.

It may be unsavory, but it is true.

You can ask Skort for more information.

spacer.png

Its more the asphyxiation for me.

1 hour ago, elliephil said:

The people that beg for Makoto are doing so only because of visuals, right? There's a lot of characters in sfv that played exactly like Makoto lol

I just wanted to choke bitches and hit people with unreactable EX dash punches on that basura SFV netcode. 🤷‍♂️

Her story arc is pretty nice too.

1 hour ago, elliephil said:

The people that beg for Makoto are doing so only because of visuals, right? There's a lot of characters in sfv that played exactly like Makoto lol

For SF i like characters that feels like fighters, tht rep a martial art and country... Makoto does that nicely

Given current cast she's not my priority atm (not sure would make my first10 next pick), but i would like get her at some point down the line though