Stage Select

Street Fighter 6 Lounge: The FGC has a crack problem.

I think State of Play was the proper launch for their marketing campaign, I'd expect character trailer in regular intervals from now on up until release, with two bigger trailer in between, once at CPT Finals and one close to release.

Also, depending on how they approached development, it's entirely possible that the singleplayer mode has been outsourced, which would have significantly reduced the workload of their internal team.

28 minutes ago, delete_me said:

Also, depending on how they approached development, it's entirely possible that the singleplayer mode has been outsourced, which would have significantly reduced the workload of their internal team.

My problem with outsourcd is that character creation already seems to have different artstyle than normal game

2 minutes ago, Sonero said:

Fuck that, Ryu finally got a good v-skill.

You mean S1 Ryu will get good v-skill, then he will pass next 4 years nerfed into mediocrity only to get in 2027 good buffs that rocket launch him all way up till the highst very middle of middle tier 🤣

Also wait and see strong Vanilla Zangief, his star will shine for an entire season! 🥲👍

29 minutes ago, Daemos said:

5 or 6? You monster I'll probably be in my 40s then.

Season 3 - which will the best season btw or bust. We're also revoking your invitation to the Bison Summit.

Eh, i'll be 40 when game release and Capcom is trolling me with that fucking Marisa, don't search empathy in this old cynical man 🤣

13 minutes ago, Sonero said:

At this point Capcom has shown more changes for SF6 than ArcSys has for the patch dropping in 4 days.

ArcSys needs to get their shit together.

They said the notes will drop on the 8th so we don’t have much longer to wonder. But I do wish they would’ve shown more changes other than P normals getting bigger rewards on counter hit and dash canceling 5K.

4 minutes ago, Shakunetsu said:

Hey @Skorthere is your team up action

I'm not much into tag team games and Marvel games in general but that looks wild. 

I like how Juri has her SF4 toolkit incorporated, the counter looks extra helpful since it allows her to reposition and escape. Actually, bring that back in 6, tnx ! 

2 hours ago, delete_me said:

I think State of Play was the proper launch for their marketing campaign, I'd expect character trailer in regular intervals from now on up until release, with two bigger trailer in between, once at CPT Finals and one close to release.

They're being way more upfront with what they're doing with the game in comparison to when SFV was teased back in 2014. Which probably means that the extra year has helped. Got a teaser 3 months ago then a new full trailer + commentary trailer. We got a full site detailing a ton of stuff with more to come. And it seems (this is obviously conspiracy tier) that Capcom is leaking their own shit. We are probably never gonna have long breaks from SF6 news. 

Still unsure about the new visual style of the game.

In some stages it looks like the character kinda blend in the background and they're very grey and colorless, like the cherry blossom one, but in others they seem to stand out really well and the colors really pop out, like the urban alley stage The Chun-Li model seems a little unexpressive and a downgrade from V, but the Luke one looks really good and a better version of his V model.

I'd really like to see more footage so I can get a better idea of what this game looks like.

On 6/5/2022 at 7:07 AM, Phantom_Miria said:

Ian "Black Africans from Africa aren't black enough" Walker strikes again.

You really have to understand the complicated nuance here: Ian is your typical white colonizer, and thus while he doesn't have a problem anymore accepting African-Americans as black people, he still tends to perceive actual Africans from Africa not as black people but rather as part of the local wildlife. Like lions or antelopes, thus making Elena more similar to a Blanka-like character or a Talbain-like character to him. This is a typical white European mistake to make, the spirit of Cecil Rhodes must still run strong within him, so please be understanding toward Ian and don't be a conservative culture warrior by making him notice it.

My rule of thumb when running across this sort of things is always to look at the new design and ask myself: "Does it look like this design is actually trying to tone down on sexuality, or is it just the developers trying to make a new design and people are paranoid?"

I-No's redesign in Strive for example wasn't meant to tone down anything at all.

If ArcSys wanted to make I-No less sexual they wouldn't have come up with a redesign that shows more skin compared to her older design. They also wouldn't have made that part in story mode where I-No turns into a giant spirit thing like Rei in End of Evangelion, and you can clearly see how jacked up her proportions are with tits and hips the size of planetary objects. An attempt at toning down stuff, this doesn't look like.

MK11's designs wanted to tone down the female cast and openly so, and you could see it by the fact that the outfits were much more conservative even compared to the male cast who didn't change that much. You could also notice weird stuff like the fact that, even when there were some slightly more revealing outfits, in the early versions of the game these could be used only on characters with revenant skins and Cetrion, or in other words, there were some slightly more revealing outfits but only the characters with non-human skin tones could use them. I recall noticing that back in the day and I thought it was really weird.

By the time Sindel came out however NRS seems to have relented, and I'm pretty sure that in the current version of the game the revenant clothes are usable on human-looking characters too.

Cammy in SFVI, like I-No, is obviously not an attempt at toning down sexuality. If they wanted to do that Capcom wouldn't have given her ultra-adherent spandex, a juicy midriff and that super animation. They just gave Cammy the same "street fashion" design that every other character has also going on, that's all. I think it's generally overdesigned and too busy-looking, but this is the mood they wanted for this game, so...

As long as they keep the classic costumes available Capcom should be free to try to innovate and change as much as they want.

Dunno man, to pretend that is not a form of self censorship imo is almost as dumb as assuming that capcom is bending the knee to the idiots that don't play games but love to complain about them.

Is clear that they are going with a more normal regular street wear, in part due the aesthetics they are going with the theme of sf6, but also due how is more easy to use those designs on something like showing them on espn.

To pretend that the girls aren't more covered now is dumb.

Yes, Cammy is using sportwear that leaves her midriff visible and that is tight on her skin, but that is deemed acceptable since many people use that kind of costume on daily basis (and in some cases, some people that shouldnt 🤢), the same for Chun Li.

Imo, this the same case of Overwatch, for some reason, is deemed as less sexy/sexual to have the character covered even if is form fitting.

So imo, is understandable that people will get worried knowing what we know that happens in the industry and that capcom had some form of consultantship regarding that kind of idiocy.

They are trying to do the same thing that Tecmo did for DOA6, where they "censored" themselves on the default costumes, while keeping the other stuff on the extra costumes and dlc.

Since we know that capcom loves the dlc money, is obvious that they wouldn't pass the opportunity to sell stuff like classic outfits, or other outfits that have become more iconic, like the black chinese dress that Chun had on SF4 and 5.

As for strive, I will only say that all the redesigns are garbage in my eyes.

They took away most of the fantasy/metal elements that the chars had (Sol, Ky, Leo, etc), or redesigned the chars in ways that look terrible (Chipp, May) or the re design is dragged down by elements that ruin the idea (Millia, Testament)

Strive is visually impressive, but that is, the game is a terrible GG in every aspect, music, gameplay, character design, gui, etc.

Edited by Hecatom
7 hours ago, AriesWarlock said:

pmgdur984w391.jpg

And this is why I dislike this redesign.

Cammy now blends with a lot of other blonde characters.

Her silhouette is loss on a sea of other many chars that look basically the same.

165455381018034950.png

Without me showing who this is, i could tell you that is Cammy, and you wouldn't have a way to say i am wrong.

Edited by Hecatom
7 minutes ago, Mr.Cipher said:

It is simple, you cannot know that other games do it for years, when you don't play other games.

I know, but some would assume that if someone is on a position where he speaks about games on youtube, at least he would take the time to inform himself.

This is like when Xrd was announced and Maximilian was spouting some nonsense that GG was like MVC2/MVC3 because he didn't bother to check the games and just went with what a troll told him GG was like.

I can't believe that I will say this, but in that regard, is why I respect the work that the monkey puts when talking about the games he talks.

He puts the effort into informing himself about them.

I really hope that there is a fighter you build up on your own in the open world and can play with friends in lobbies or whatever for fun. You can unlock new moves and balance your characters vitality, stun, damage, etc. Kind of similar to what Tekken Revolution did. I think that would be a really good draw to bring people in and keep playing.

1 hour ago, Hecatom said:

Dunno man, to pretend that is not a form of self censorship imo is almost as dumb as assuming that capcom is bending the knee to the idiots that don't play games but love to complain about them.

Is clear that they are going with a more normal regular street wear, in part due the aesthetics they are going with the theme of sf6, but also due how is more easy to use those designs on something like showing them on espn.

To pretend that the girls aren't more covered now is dumb.

Yes, Cammy is using sportwear that leaves her midriff visible and that is tight on her skin, but that is deemed acceptable since many people use that kind of costume on daily basis (and in some cases, some people that shouldnt 🤢), the same for Chun Li.

Imo, this the same case of Overwatch, for some reason, is deemed as less sexy/sexual to have the character covered even if is form fitting.

So imo, is understandable that people will get worried knowing what we know that happens in the industry and that capcom had some form of consultantship regarding that kind of idiocy.

They are trying to do the same thing that Tecmo did for DOA6, where they "censored" themselves on the default costumes, while keeping the other stuff on the extra costumes and dlc.

Since we know that capcom loves the dlc money, is obvious that they wouldn't pass the opportunity to sell stuff like classic outfits, or other outfits that have become more iconic, like the black chinese dress that Chun had on SF4 and 5.

As for strive, I will only say that all the redesigns are garbage in my eyes.

They took away most of the fantasy/metal elements that the chars had (Sol, Ky, Leo, etc), or redesigned the chars in ways that look terrible (Chipp, May) or the re design is dragged down by elements that ruin the idea (Millia, Testament)

Strive is visually impressive, but that is, the game is a terrible GG in every aspect, music, gameplay, character design, gui, etc.

I dunno. Wanting to have a safer default outfit for esports could have definitely played a role, but I think that if the design for SFVI was particularly influenced by a need for safe designs you wouldn't see stuff like Chun's humongous butt and Cammy's leaked super with her ass rising like the full moon (which will be a nice sight in the new default too because it seems the pants are adherent like Chun's).

It definitely might have been a factor, but considering what we're seeing elsewhere in the game it can't have been a particularly dominating influence.

59 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

Her silhouette is loss on a sea of other many chars that look basically the same.

I'm the first to complain about shit redesigns, but tbh we should not bother much with what is the "default" look as long we get classic shit and we can settle it as our copy default

All i know as now is that SF6 classic Cammy (SF6 alt) looks waaay better than SFV classic Cammy (SFV default), as ridicolous it sounds the small Delta Red triangle and camolegs alone made SF6 version so much superior, as were important pieces of original design that were removed in retarded way

To offer perspective i hate SF6 Ryu design as it is, but i'm pretty positive that i will either be able to edit it to be decent (remove beard, remove cape) or i will have the chance to simply switch to classic Ryu, that will probably be done good too judging Cammy alt quality

SF6 as a whole did bunch of shitty things i dislike, but if they offer me chance to set my copy with the aesthetic i want (something in weaker way SFV already did, giving the chance to save costume preference), seems a fair deal and tbh best possible scenario considering they chosen that the path will give them money is not the one i like

On aesthetic side if SF6 will give me

-Classic alts (wich seems to be there)

-Editor of costumes (wich seems to be there)

-Character creator with chance of create my own shit (wich is probably there) and options that fit more classic SF style and not just generic urban bullshit

I can't ask more

I mean they will do their american marketing shit anyway, if they give you chance to fix your own copy of SF6 to fit your taste, it' really the best outcome given current situation

3 minutes ago, JustBrowsing said:

but even with V, I've always found something I really enjoyed

Glad to hear it,its all about having fun in the end. I had fun with V as well a while but it definitely didn't click with me as much as I hoped for a SF title.

5 minutes ago, JustBrowsing said:

I just think SF nails the impact, the crunchiness, the hitstop, the sound, right  at the sweet spo

Overall feeling im getting from 6 , much more than I did for V's first trailers.

I really hope the game turns out good.

3 hours ago, Hecatom said:

As someone with background in character design, animation and more strongly a professional in branding at art style which is more like a discipline on working with limitation and restriction. At the same time I collect figures and been with group of people that are focused that are also focused to one character.

A friend of mine that customized toys first though comes into mind that isn't into fighting games but into street fighter were like the new redesign is so similar to the KOF characters when pointing out in Cammy not Ken in SF6. And even not recognizing her. You already know there is something wrong with that.

- I do like it in personal taste, because I'm not a cammy fan in the beginning I'm more of a fan of android 18, king and blue mary, So I'm kinda bias with short hair blonde female because of personal preference but at the same time kinda bit of a purist

But In professional sense without my personal biases. when judge thing like this you don't put personal taste or do justify using character references.

3 hours ago, Hecatom said:

165455381018034950.png

So when Capcom are trying to make cammy look something similar to others is like making her generic because she is trying to look like somebody else appeal, She not Android 18. It's like the current Capcom are selling her character appeal to a different demographic and dropping her pop culture iconic appeal that is already established.

- It's like changing Mr Karate Iconic Tengu Mask to a Hanya mask and trying to justify it using Yoshimitsu as a reference  or some recent cool anime character that weak a Hanya mask. That means it's wrong and it's a clear cut they are dropping the iconic design. That kinda of approach of redesign is for selling characters that has no mass appeal not for redesigning a iconic character.

- it's like for example Bison losing his iconic and pop culture hat as a new default costume. then just justify it with another popular anime character or comic character that are villains. To make it sounds right but it's more of an excuse

- In a collector standpoint and perspective: I have seen people dropping or quitting collection because their character didn't look the same. Some do customized new figures to look like their classic appearance. Which means dropping an iconic look is a bad idea. It may appeal for someone that is not into the character but it doesn't resonates to those that are into the character.

You are right. it's true she lost her iconic appeal. I do believe SF had lack proper coherence to adhere to their iconic and pop culture appeal in the current art direction, this also mirrors the same problem with the two recent street fighter logo for SF6. in terms of branding and art style it fails because that's not how you handle a giant pop culture brand.

Edited by Shakunetsu