Stage Select

Street Fighter 6 Lounge: The FGC has a crack problem.

2 minutes ago, Sonero said:

How the fuck are there two squiggas in this planet called Ghengis_Dong?

LOL I dunno man. I thought i was creative when I made it. Hadn't seen it before. Now I see different spellings on twitch etc all the time.

and i wouldn't duck. I'm the guy to stay in the room and get my ass beat 100 times to learn.

Edited by Genghis_Dong
1 hour ago, Mr.Cipher said:

FGs need to stop with that nonsense.

Instead of trying to reinvent the wheel just do something that no one else did.
Teach people how to play a FG, I know doing more than dumping massive textboxes on someone and call it a Tutorial is difficult.

What you say may be not false, but

I think Capcom is not even aiming at people that WANT to learn a new game, they just want casuals MK type of money

They want the casual that with one hand does a super and with other eat doritos, get hyped and tell his friends like himself that SF6 is awesome, to buy it so they can play online  throwing at each others supers while eating doritos

These people are not even supposed to stay the whole lifetime of the game, important shit will be just that they buy a copy because teh internet is hyped for SF6 launch and that they stick around a bit to buy DLCs, probably gadgets for their created character avatar

If you want somebody to learn play SF you don't give him shit habits calling it "modern" style, that's what you do if you just want him to give you money and have good time these two months he's supposed to stay lol

If some end up even like the game the better, but i doubt they care that much

Edited by CESTUS III
5 minutes ago, elliephil said:

I aim my gun, I shoot, I miss or I hit, I die or I live. There's more to that obviously, but any regular person can understand why they won or lost.

It's really hard to explain entirely why a hitbox acts a certain way, or what frame data is, or how option selects work and more often than not, these aren't things readily available in most fighting games at a brief glance. 

I have been complaining about this since my first forays into SF4 and it’s always felt like I’m waving my fist at the clouds because nobody else cares.

Understanding the behind the scenes shit was by far the biggest hurdle I had when trying to go from beginner level to actually trying to get good. I still remember fighting Zangief and not understanding how he was grabbing me from so far away and beating my buttons in the process. Being new I thought it was lag or something. Eventually I just accepted it that he could grab from way farther and faster than what the animation implies just it was still insanely frustrating to fight him because the game never explains the interaction. I didn’t know about frames, hitboxes, throw invincibility, etc, just the Gief could phantom grab me for “no reason”. 

Every game has unexplained mechanics and hard to understand interactions but FGs take it up to 11 by often making things visually disingenuous for no reason (see 50% of a hado’s VFX not having a hitbox because?) or just leaving certain mechanics unexplained (different kinds of invincibility). 

32 minutes ago, elliephil said:

Rather than looking at which genre is harder to learn, I always thought the issue with fighting games is that they are simply not as intuitive compared to something like shooters.

I aim my gun, I shoot, I miss or I hit, I die or I live. There's more to that obviously, but any regular person can understand why they won or lost.

It's really hard to explain entirely why a hitbox acts a certain way, or what frame data is, or how option selects work and more often than not, these aren't things readily available in most fighting games at a brief glance. I hope this drive system will help alleviate that a bit and get people to understand how to use a toolkit that is required to play every fighting game.

I cosign this

Even though shooting games don't usually resemble how guns work irl and the actual intricacies of them as games go pretty deep, they are intuitive on a surface level

Fighting games are arbitrary as fuck on a surface level lol.  You are two dudes in a diorama box, the inputs for moves are not the kind of things most people would ever guess... you need to start digging almost immediately for things to make sense and a lot of people just aren't about that lol

One of Europe's best C&C players once told me that RTS are easy as long as you can multitask well; if you can't, don't even try to git gud at them, it's a hopeless endeavor. He might've been on to something, I've been playing for years and I'm still laughably bad at C&C. Also, what the hell is Cipher on about shooters being more difficult than FGs? You just aim and press a button, a lobotomized chimpanzee could do that. Tons of Twitch streamers prove that every day.

Days-since-Makoto-last-appeared-in-an-SF-game-counter: 4,423

I tend to agree. RTS games become much easier when you learn the shortcut keys: know to make teams of your units, know how to zoom to a team instantly on reaction, get back to base, etc. Learning the systems to quickly zip around the battlefield and react to changing circumstances is def half the battle. That aspect in itself, now I think about it, mirrors FGs. Still think FGs are tougher to get into, though.

Edited by JustBrowsing
1 hour ago, FengShuiEnergy said:

Which genre is harder then a FG?

RTS definitely, there is a lot of info to process, strategy and course correction. There was a time when I was interested in playing Starcraft II, but when I heard that skill is factored by the number of actions per minute I never gave it a second thought.

Trading card games are similar. There is a meta, strong understanding of fundamentals, dealing with people who are more competitive and serious than you. I played Magic for 7-8 years and spent most of it playing casually, there were people I knew that was obsessed with the meta while I only played what was fun.

1 hour ago, Hawkingbird said:

It's disappointing how Capcom has discarded Ken as a marketable character when he's still this popular.

I don't think they did

Would be trashing him if target audience was japanese society, but SF6 on general clearly try to dicklick americans

Who the audience like more in this show, the rough times loser with redemption arc ahead or the perfect life rich guy?

Anmeldelse: 'Karate Kid'-fortsættelse viser, at skadevirkningerne fra  karateslagene går i arv | Information

Ken as he was would have been just that on narrative, the usual rich Ken with no role beyond be Ryu's half-clone sidekick

SF6 Ken with one screenshot already pushed people to wonder the story behind it, and where he will go from there

It's probably first time in my lifetime i seen more people talk Ken's story than Ryu one lol

And like for every other shit redesign, classic Ken (and i guess SFV Ken) are going to be avaible, perfectly clean as ever

Edited by CESTUS III
4 hours ago, delete_me said:

Looking over the roster again I wonder if any of the new characters is a zoner archetype. None of them really look like it to be honest. Meanwhile there's a good chance two of them are grapplers or at least hybrid grapplers à la Alex.

1_qfhq.jpg

JP seem a tall man, have a stick wich further extend his range and Psycho Power, considering Ed already use PP in short range way, would not be suprised at all if JP will use his PP from distance and keep you at bay with long normals using the stick

AKI would be another candidate, like hit once to poison you and try stay out of the scrap after... but i'm not necessary sold this automatically mean zoning, she may also be all about high mobility -> evasion and obtain same result

Seen some told the mexican girl, but not sold at all

She short/small and have two heavy blunt type weapons that will require lot of swing.... imho she will be a char that rely a lot on momentum to put pressure on opponents keeping spin and hitting, because the moment she stops she's fucked

If any new char is a zoner, my money is on JP for sure

Edited by CESTUS III
2 minutes ago, elliephil said:

Can you whiff a normal and drive rush? That will be very hilarious to watch if you can.

Unclear but at around 2:16 in the trailer it reaaaaaaaaaally looks like Ryu Drive Rushes raw in neutral and whiff punishes Chun li's st.HP. I'm only thinking it's DR because he has that same lime green aura Luke has on the mechanics page on the website, but I dunno. 

I'm just imagining a reality where Rashid can do shit like this

3 minutes ago, Jocelot said:

Unclear but at around 2:16 in the trailer it reaaaaaaaaaally looks like Ryu Drive Rushes raw in neutral and whiff punishes Chun li's st.HP. I'm only thinking it's DR because he has that same lime green aura Luke has on the mechanics page on the website, but I dunno. 

Maybe Ryu went into the parry and then drive rush? It seems like this parry is more of a stance than how parry was in the previous games. Still unclear if the normal has to connect or if the parry has to be successful to perform a drive rush.

2 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

What you say may be not false, but

I think Capcom is not even aiming at people that WANT to learn a new game, they just want casuals MK type of money

And the investment in a single player mode with custom characters suddenly make a LOT more sense, doesn't it?

That's the smart strategy btw. A huge reason for why SFV had a horrendous start sales-wise is that it was damn near impossible to sell the game to casuals.

When you boot the game and all you get is a scuffed online, Survival mode, and a short story mode that was roughly 10 minutes long per character, how can you justify paying 60 bucks for it? Game didn't even have A Shadow Falls on release.

Now we got the website for 6 with "jam-packed with content" written all over it. That's who "modern" mode is geared for. Casuals ain't tryna learn how to do DPs instead of fireballs. Hell, these fools might not even know how to do fireballs.

Now that i chew it over they're gonna have to exercise caution with that parry lol

If it's active frame 1 that would make it an insane defense option since it requires no motion and is cheap on resources since it seems to only passively drain drive meter. It also seems to continue to parry high and low moves, so one less thing to guess. Wonder if it eats crossups too...

Yeah there's no way they let it parry on frame 1 that would be way too stupid having to deal with that while applying pressure. Hrmmm...

44 minutes ago, Sonero said:

Dude holy shit, these mothers are going waaaaaay too hard. That Fei Long mother looks off but it's like almost there.

Yeah I was going to post this but got to slowed. I agree with. It's really well done but slightly off. He is model is good but seems to bulky. Fei Long has always had a slight build.

2 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

I don't think they did

Would be trashing him if target audience was japanese society, but SF6 on general clearly try to dicklick americans

Ken would have been among the first characters revealed if Capcom still saw value in him as a promotional tool.