Stage Select

Street Fighter 6 Lounge: The FGC has a crack problem.

7 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I'll keep it a buck. Cammy's new look feature pants that are vacuum sealed to her legs, a bare midriff, and a level 3 Super with 5 second slowmo of her ass followed by a full on view of her Cammy toe. People thinking that's SJW nonsense are fucking braindead. I mean Chun's pants look like body paint for Gill's sake. She's so caked up they should call her Bun Li. I understand not liking a costume change on it's merits but lets not go full confirmation bias here. 

The only thing that I really, REALLY hate about the new look, is the haircut.

Bruce Willis Wtf GIF

In this case, is a matter of preference for me.

I prefer longer hair in women, lol.

The exception are very stylish haircuts, which the new one Cammy sports doesnt cut it for me

Something like this haircut would have been way better imo.

unknown.png

unknown.png

I think that the new costume would have look better with longer hair in a single braid.

It is also why I would love the new look for Juri, if it had her hair style from her battle costume.

One thing I kind of hope they do, since it seems that they are taking the time to do a CAC, is that they enable you to customize the chars with different pieces that you get from the mode and from their other costumes.

Like allowing you to put a different hairstyle for example.

Edited by Hecatom
1 hour ago, Sonero said:

Ryu with the stomps would be great gameplay wise but would probably feel weird lore wise. Evil Ryu having the really aggressive move makes sense for him as a character.

1 hour ago, HD-Man said:

Ryu need that Donkey Kick, Evil Ryu Overhead kick and whatever else unique move Kage had so we can save a roster slot

2 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

I want normal Ryu to have evil Ryu moves. He should have that overhead kick.

44 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

Yeah Ryu with the Axe kick would look out of place.  It would be like giving him an air fireball or a teleport. 

1 hour ago, Skort said:

Ryu has overcome that so in my opinion he should get nothing of the sorts moving forward. I'm all in for giving Ryu more stuff and see him evolving as a character but do so in a way that makes sense. 

How about this one as a replacement and compensate while still feels in-character to the current Ryu in SF6 

So no need for Evil Ryu or something

sjz5BSu.gif

Edited by Shakunetsu
2 hours ago, Skort said:

Easy choice, Belger.

Just replace Jessica with Eliza.  Game is supposed to be in Metro City after all.

belger-and-jessica-shinkiro-finalfight-c

my problem is, i don't want Belger 

Even at his peak he was'nt a fighter, and now he's a much older has been 

Trailer hint MGG is returning and hope they have a new Boss that can at least throw hands with Cody, specially if he will end up being boss of the game (?) 

Nobody i ever seen in FF seems to fit the requirement... maybe if they recycle CFAS Avel/Death, his story after all was take over city underworld fucking up all former members solo, plus dude had cool design that would set him apart from previous SF bosses

14 minutes ago, Shakunetsu said:

How about this one as a replacement and compensate while still feels in-character to the current Ryu in SF6 

I like it tbh. 

What i would give him is Gouken's crumple attack that he had in Omega SF4.  I think it looks cool and imagine using this to extend his combos or reset the opponent.

3 hours ago, Skort said:

Honestly i am curios how they will handle the control type when it comes to balance and matchmaking.  

controls.jpg

Specials with simplified controls for all characters , ED and Falke style more or less.

specials.jpg

Auto combos by basically pressing a single button :  

combos.jpg 

The questions are

• How effective will these attacks be ?  I can't see these being the same strenght as doing them  with the normal input or it would be damn unfair towards the other player that choses classic type control inputs.
  • Will the matchmaking pair  both type of users ? Or only  modern vs modern  and   classic vs classic ?   Option to be matched only with a single version ? 
  • Again, balance, how effective will these be really ? Just less damage on specials or worst frame data ? Cammy instant dive kick by pressing a single button or two ? 
  • Are we going to have leagues  and ranks that only allow you to join if you only use a certain type of controls ? 

I'm all in for bring new players into the franchise, the community and playerbase needs to grow, but not quite sure how this will affect the players in the long run.

Take a closer look at these autocombos.

They're hot garbage, ain't no one scared of Ryu hitting them with St. LK xx Hadouken.

As for the specials... you can reasonably expect them to be the M version.

This is really just Stylish Mode, most 2010's ArcSys games have them and they're seen as training wheels *at best.*

@Psychobluewas worried about the likes of 1-button SPDs. My response was pretty much this:

spacer.png

24 minutes ago, Volt said:

This is really just Stylish Mode, most 2010's ArcSys games have them and they're seen as training wheels *at best.*

Stylish is either someone who is new and wants to practice, or it's something scarier.

Something evil and dark, something you wish you never met and want to run away from, but can't as it follows you at every corner.

The absolute hellspawn that is.

Stylish Kagura.

Just now, FengShuiEnergy said:

Are they copying that granblue game with simple controls? I thought SF5 was a "refresh" to introduce new players? So shouldn't they be ramping up the difficulty now?

It's not completely like Granblue. The moves ain't on a cool down as far as we know

7 minutes ago, delete_me said:

Looking over the roster again I wonder if any of the new characters is a zoner archetype. None of them really look like it to be honest. Meanwhile there's a good chance two of them are grapplers or at least hybrid grapplers à la Alex.

The Mexican girl with the hatchets could be a zoner. I imagine those weapons of hers should give her long reach. I'm hoping she fights with traps as I don't think the series had a character like that before.

16 minutes ago, delete_me said:

Looking over the roster again I wonder if any of the new characters is a zoner archetype. None of them really look like it to be honest. Meanwhile there's a good chance two of them are grapplers or at least hybrid grapplers à la Alex.

AKI may be the same woman FANG mentored in a short story, so she could be a zoner while replacing him.

23 minutes ago, FengShuiEnergy said:

That's not reassuring in any case though. This will not bring in more players. Not how that works.

Easy Inputs + World Tour will bring in new players, both feature work in tandem in that respect. If your custom character would learn a classic DP motion in World Tour no newbie would ever use that move against those NPC enemies, so in that way it makes sense to have the simple inputs, which can then be used in real matches because those players are used to them.

If they then want to stick around to really learn how to play then they have to look into classic controls but as a general idea to get more people interested it's not that bad IMO.

5 minutes ago, delete_me said:

Easy Inputs + World Tour will bring in new players, both feature work in tandem in that respect. If your custom character would learn a classic DP motion in World Tour no newbie would ever use that move against those NPC enemies, so in that way it makes sense to have the simple inputs, which can then be used in real matches because those players are used to them.

If they then want to stick around to really learn how to play then they have to look into classic controls but as a general idea to get more people interested it's not that bad IMO.

I disagree because, then they get bored/discouraged when they get rolled by a better player (or jut a worse one). Now we're back to square one.

4 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

This is one of most common fake facts people in SF community keep repeat tbh, and contradict what canon say lol

Ken is not some middle-class dad with fulltime job sucking his life lol

Reality is Ken lifestyle is far more close to real-life highest level professional fighters than Ryu's is, and in fact Ken still competed (up to SF3) in highest level of martial arts tournaments avaible and was the "all american martial arts Champion" or something (same title Nash had before SFA events)

Have the money to have his own gym with best shit, get quality sparring partners, best food and doctors

Ryu is described to have to actual need to work here and there to gain money and even Zangief told him his lifestyle (poor food) it's not optimal for the body lol

And beyond that was told that Ken's biggest source of strenght is his family

Chip on his shoulder is not being as good as Ryu, wich is not going to change, Ken got to eat that shonen anime hero logic, specially if post-SFV Ryu is no more slowed-down by SnH shit

Oro is probably the best character to value the potential of a fighter, and on whole SF3 cast his interest got high only for Ryu and Gill, considering them around same level

While meeting Ken, he was like:

"I could train you to be better but... Who is that friend of yours?"

Sit and watch whole SF6 Ken arc having Ken realize that best version of himself (as fighter too) is family Ken.

Maybe they will take some cheap way to show it, like some villain kidnapping Eliza and Mel

Wich is not even casual, considering canon wise Ken begin as a fighter was his own family (parents as kid) being close to break

4 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

I really hope that they do Evil Ryu and Violent Ken like they should be.
Absolutely absent from the game as a big middle finger to trash taste people.

I mean, not going to happen, but one can dream 🥲

Ya know, throughout the years I've seen your... posts (starting on SRK) I've always thought you were on the really good stuff. But these two are actually very accurate.

19 minutes ago, delete_me said:

FGs need to stop with that nonsense.

Instead of trying to reinvent the wheel just do something that no one else did.
Teach people how to play a FG, I know doing more than dumping massive textboxes on someone and call it a Tutorial is difficult.

But there are Genres way harder than FGs and they have bigger Playernumbers, because they make it much easier to ease people into the game.

Or it's LoL and they just blame the Team for everything.

7 minutes ago, FengShuiEnergy said:

Which genre is harder then a FG?

TCG 1v1 complex base from real table top games?

@Sonerodo you agree?

As I get older I find it problematic to memorize a lot of things, execution can be practices 

I'm good with MTG because I have been familiar since I was a teen but learning new TCG that has depth and continuous update and expansion you really need to understand a lot.

Edited by Shakunetsu
9 minutes ago, FengShuiEnergy said:

Which genre is harder then a FG?

Shooter

RTS

Heck I would argure that Raids in MMOs are harder than FGs considering I play Melty Blood to calm down after doing Ultimate in FF.

But in the long term other genres don't have the problem FGs have.

As FGs do a terrible Job in teaching people how to play a FGs.

Usually what you get in FGs is giant Textboxes that tell you what do and this is where you instantly lose people.

Watching Josh Strife Hayes Worst MMO Ever series, he brought this point up as well, not about FGs but it is the same problem.

Early game experience is important, you want to ease people into the game, do things like give them an ability and then put a problem in their face where they have to use said ability.

FGs tell you to press DP when someone jumps at you, they don't give you a DP and then have an enemy who does nothing but jump at you. Instead they give you a fat box where it is written what a DP is and that you should totaly use it on people jumping at you.

FF actually does stuff like that during Job Quests, where everytime you have a new instance, you are required to use play your Role, what prepares you for Group content.

I am breaking my head since months how FGs can fix this problem, Granblue in their Adventure Mode had an idea like that. As you had to kill Slimes in the beginning and these came in different colors, making them immune to certain types of attacks.

First slime was like "smack him!" they die to your normals.

The second was armoed and was vulnerable to specials.

And I think the third was jumping at you the whole time and needed an AA move.

Memory might be wrong about that, but I am not awake enough to check this now meself.

Rather than looking at which genre is harder to learn, I always thought the issue with fighting games is that they are simply not as intuitive compared to something like shooters.

I aim my gun, I shoot, I miss or I hit, I die or I live. There's more to that obviously, but any regular person can understand why they won or lost.

It's really hard to explain entirely why a hitbox acts a certain way, or what frame data is, or how option selects work and more often than not, these aren't things readily available in most fighting games at a brief glance. I hope this drive system will help alleviate that a bit and get people to understand how to use a toolkit that is required to play every fighting game.