Stage Select

Street Fighter 6 Lounge: The FGC has a crack problem.

1 minute ago, Hecatom said:

As long as Nintendo feels that they need a gimmick/spin/innovation for all their games, I think we will never see a new F-Zero 😰

Someone gotta tell them that a new game in damn near 20 years is a revival gimmick.

Their mentality did make for incredible games, and GX is a really hard act to follow, but come on. The niche is right there.

4 hours ago, Jocelot said:

Unclear but at around 2:16 in the trailer it reaaaaaaaaaally looks like Ryu Drive Rushes raw in neutral and whiff punishes Chun li's st.HP. I'm only thinking it's DR because he has that same lime green aura Luke has on the mechanics page on the website, but I dunno. 

From their explanations Drive Rush in neutral works mostly like FADC, you do a parry and then cancel it with a dash. Which then costs one meter of that Drive bar that continually refills.

You can also cancel off a normal, in which case it costs 3 bars. Will most likely end being a more advanced technique but imagine Chun being able to combo off stray st.HP hits, that'll be extremely powerful.

4 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

Ken would have been among the first characters revealed if Capcom still saw value in him as a promotional tool. 

Ah you mean that, i thought you was just another that took his new design as disprect

Chun Li surpassed him at what you say, good old waifu power combined with modern times

In SFV was same btw, first look we got was Ryu vs Chun, and Ken was shown later

And about Luke, he's being used as Alex was in SF3... Ryu is the tradition, Luke is the new

2 hours ago, elliephil said:

Watch it being something corny like "This world warrior wears his former pride on his sleeve" or some bs lolol

It's going to be that, no need bs

He's not wearing gi pants, so he does'nt wear his karate belt

He keep it on the arm as some sort of reminder, not much different from Ryu doing same in concepts with his red headband, see school alt and mma alt

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/5b/a2/9e/5ba29e10e49fb8ceb0f61a9e0b66dc3f--street-fighter--fighting-games.jpg

Don't expect to get a 4 or 5 moveset and honestly i don't want a copy paste of what she had either. Maybe something similar to certain attacks she had but i actually expect a revamp more or less. 

I don't mind it,i just hope it's effective from the start unlike what happened in 5 when it took years to fix issues she had from day one. Regardless, as i said before, i hope the new moveset focuses a lot of kick attacks and that Juri retains her mobility since it really fits a taekwando user.

I agree with @Mr.Cipher  if the stores are to return a good idea is to let Juri have access to all her moves even if not stored, but if stored they become more powerful.  Juri fully stored should inflict  A LOT of burst damage, justifying the need to store them but also rewarding the player if he managed to work around and mange the resources ( stores ).

QOo4FLO.jpg

A summit in Japan for Bison players and loyalists. Where all the Psycho Power in the world will gather to discuss the future of Street Fighter and its one true Master. I'm not even totally kidding here.

You can hate all you want but other than Makoto players and Juri's feet enthusiasts who the fuck does that for their character? #Justice4Shadaloo #Injustice4All #SF6DLC

Edited by Daemos
1 minute ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I'm curious about Ed's inputs. Since there is Classic and Modern control setup. Is he going to keep his "simple" inputs?

I’d like to think he would, since it’s pretty central to his gameplay “function”, but Capcom hasn’t hesitated to rework characters right after their debut game in the past lol. 

4 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

I wonder which of Juri's v-skills will make the jump to SF6. I can easily see VS1 being her drive rush. 

It won’t happen but I would love to see an amped version of her VS2 be a super art. Could be like great value Tandem Top oki.

Speaking if her supers I’d love to see how FSE works. Would be cool if she could use it at all 3 levels and get more time depending on the meter spent.

Edited by Vhozite
31 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I'm curious about Ed's inputs. Since there is Classic and Modern control setup. Is he going to keep his "simple" inputs?

I may be a minority at that, but hope d get reworked to have normal controls, never liked his SFV shit

Plus as only current boxing rep till gods know when, pls give the guy lot of cool boxing target combos

20 minutes ago, Shahenzan said:

Characters base movesets are probably going to return smaller/ weaker than before to account for everyone getting drive cancel combos. Can't forget that EX moves are also now tied to drive and that drive starts full at the beginning of the round, so EX moves might not be as strong either since you'll be able to use them more liberally 

Knowing how much is tied to the drive gauge I would be fine with them removing EX all together in flavor of stronger specials 

Too bad the Ken gif leak is such low quality when it comes to background details. I was looking at the select screen for the roster because i wanted get a better idea of how the 3D models look but it is what it is. 

SF-6-select-screen.jpg

This is obviously not a fake leak, but i am curious why would they use  SF 5 models for Guile and Dhalsim on the select screen. Obviously it's work in progress but if their models are ready why not just put a snapshot of the new models ?  And if they are not ready why not just leave that space with no characters ? 

12 minutes ago, Skort said:

Too bad the Ken gif leak is such low quality when it comes to background details. I was looking at the select screen for the roster because i wanted get a better idea of how the 3D models look but it is what it is. 

SF-6-select-screen.jpg

This is obviously not a fake leak, but i am curious why would they use  SF 5 models for Guile and Dhalsim on the select screen. Obviously it's work in progress but if their models are ready why not just put a snapshot of the new models ?  And if they are not ready why not just leave that space with no characters ? 

That Guile image is straight up copy pasted from his prematch pose in SFV

Nothing wrong with that I’m just curious how much, if anything, is being carried over

Edited by Vhozite
16 minutes ago, Skort said:

SF-6-select-screen.jpg

Placeholders. They might be using V models to do basic testing.

38 minutes ago, Skort said:

SF-6-select-screen.jpg

More bizzarre is that we know new design Guile is already in, so there's no tehnical reason to not have directly SF6 Guile there

Scotia (Sean for SF6) on Twitter: "Found Cammy and Guile(?) in the Street  Fighter 6 screenshots lol https://t.co/uc3wbtwUGv" / Twitter

Maybe they set Guile's SFV costume and the portrait there changes to reflect the costume choice, there's SF2 Cammy too and we already know she have a SF2 alt in SF6

I think to see also 2 different Kimberly portraits

Edited by CESTUS III
2 minutes ago, CESTUS III said:

More bizzarre is that we know new design Guile is already in, so there's no tehnical reason to not have directly SF6 Guile there

2 minutes ago, CESTUS III said:

Maybe they set Guile's SFV costume and the portrait there changes to reflect the costume choice, there's SF2 Cammy too and we already know she have a SF2 alt in SF6

Maybe the screenshots leaks are taken in a different time during the game's development so it could be likely that the one showing SF5 Guile is much older than the one showing his actual SF 6 model.

Just now, Skort said:

Maybe the screenshots leaks are taken in a different time during the game's development so it could be likely that the one showing SF5 Guile is much older than the one showing his actual SF 6 model.

That's another possibility

But still i think to see 2 different Kimberly portraits (one above Cammy, one above Juri) wich would support portrait changing based on costume used

But maybe the one above Cammy is the mexican girl, who knows, image quality is so low lol

25 minutes ago, CESTUS III said:

That's another possibility

But still i think to see 2 different Kimberly portraits (one above Cammy, one above Juri) wich would support portrait changing based on costume used

But maybe the one above Cammy is the mexican girl, who knows, image quality is so low lol

Yeah, I think that's Lily (the Mexican girl) above Cam.