Stage Select

Street Fighter 6 Lounge: The FGC has a crack problem.

I'm imagining it now. You get a quest from uptown Metro City, its Eliza Masters. She's claiming some creep is spying at her kid out in public and wants a Street Fighter to investigate. 

On Eliza n' Mel's next outing your Street Fighter spots a shadowy figure indeed spying on the boy from across the playground. The creep runs and you give chase, subduing the criminal with an Eagle Spike from behind (taught to you by your mentor/boyfriend Rashid of the Turbulent Wind).

The malcontent turns out to be, in a surprise twist, Ken Masters who lost visitation rights after he was V Triggering in public. This initiates a new substory where you can help Ken get his groove back. Completing this quest give you a hefty sum in Fight Money and Ken gives you a special medallion that unlocks the area where you can face Malenia, Blade of Miquella. 

It's definitely true that Capcom seems to be taking a lot of the criticism of SFV to heart and is putting their best foot forward for the launch of this one. I wouldn't be surprised if that 22 character list is the total launch roster.

I just don't think we should comfortably assume some of them aren't season 1 DLC. This is still an unofficial leak, after all. Keep your minds open to it, at least, so you don't potentially suffer some totally avoidable disappointment. 

5 minutes ago, Yiceman said:

I just don't think we should comfortably assume some of them aren't season 1 DLC. This is still an unofficial leak, after all. Keep your minds open to it, at least, so you don't potentially suffer some totally avoidable disappointment. 

That's a good way to look at it to be honest. 

However, even if part of those will be DLC, they will still be DLC in season 1 and that means the same year that the game will release in. So in worst case scenario is basically smaller roster than the leak + wait a few months for who you wanted initially. 

Edited by Skort
4 hours ago, Skort said:

What i think this "open world' mode will give is possible daily / weekly quests to get certain benefits and perks. 

Since this is Metro City i can definitely see Capcom making some sort of side content where you get to roam around on your created avatar and go and beat up bunch of thugs that are causing trouble in certain place of the city and keep the peace. It's no coincidence they showed your avatar being able to do a shoryuken in the trailer.

Whatever points / currency you get, you get to upgrade your actual main character for the fighting game itself  , buy costumes / colors for Ryu etc.

This sounds giga dope if they even try a fraction of this. We beta tested SFV for 5 years so SF6 could fly.

47 minutes ago, Yiceman said:

Everyone seems to assume that the leaks we saw is the entire launch roster, but I think it's very possible we saw the launch + the first season of DLC in that lineup. 22 characters at launch is more than the last mainline SF games. So maybe 5-6 of them are DLC. You know they'd have them well into development before release.

I actually hope that is'nt even full launch cast and that leak that wanted it to be 25 will end up true

If end up false, or worse 22 is'nt even full launch it will be whatever, it's not like we can influence shit

But if  i have to hope i hope for good scenario

32 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

Were people mad about the 16 character roster in 5? The small roster was one of the few things the game got right in 2016. 

Casuals were ass mad the people who played comp weren't. I didn't care because learning MU's is a chore and 16 was fine for me. But T7 launched with 37 characters or some shit and people were using that to meme about SFV lacking in the base roster. Plus the previous entry had a bigger roster so that was another strike against V.

7 minutes ago, TWINBLADES_SRK said:

Casuals were ass mad the people who played comp weren't. I didn't care because learning MU's is a chore and 16 was fine for me. But T7 launched with 37 characters or some shit and people were using that to meme about SFV lacking in the base roster. Plus the previous entry had a bigger roster so that was another strike against V.

KOF 14 launched that same year as SF5 and had 50 characters on the base roster. It was also used to poke fun at SF5's shortcomings.

34 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

Were people mad about the 16 character roster in 5? The small roster was one of the few things the game got right in 2016. 

Tbh all that beauty of small cast balancement is something tiny minority of people want, most of paying people like see money rewarded with big cast with many characters and greater chance to see your favourite ones return and/or find a new favourite one

Actually if we talk large majority of people, who are low-middle level scrubs (like myself) high level balancement itself is greatly overrated

People love get triggered by some clickbait eventhubs article or some pro on twitter saying XXX is broken or YYY got nerfed too much, while on reality at the shit level of play where 80% of players sit these -true- facts don't have any influence lmao

So yes, give me lot of puppets that will punchkick each others in the face, and make it fun pls

23 minutes ago, Skort said:

That's a good way to look at it to be honest. 

However, even if part of those will be DLC, they will still be DLC in season 1 and that means the same year that the game will release in. So in worst case scenario is basically smaller roster than the leak + wait a few months for who you wanted initially. 

Tbh that would still suck, that cast pic is good launch but still have big holes to be fixed (no SF3 for example, and i'm a SF2 guy), and i wish we will not have to wait 1+ year to see characters beyond these already shown to return

8 minutes ago, Skort said:

How are you preparing for SF 6 ? Do you grind old games to keep your execution crisp ? Do you look up tactics and general ideas on how to succeed in the game ? Keep your skills on point and further train, the journey never ends !! 

6 months till launch day i will increase weekly amount of fapping, ambidextrous style

Planning to reach Day 1 with Luke-level forearms

If girlfriend will try to oppose my path to absolute power will break relationship, SF6 demands it

1 hour ago, Vhozite said:

16 isn't even small considering we have shill passes on launch year too.

Just really silly take tbh. 16 is actually damn near ideal if we're working with 6 character shill passes.

If they launch with 22, this might end up as the biggest SF roster.

5 minutes ago, Volt said:

16 isn't even small considering we have shill passes on launch year too.

Just really silly take tbh. 16 is actually damn near ideal if we're working with 6 character shill passes.

If they launch with 22, this might end up as the biggest SF roster.

Give me 25 launch and instant shill pass with as many puppets as possible, i can pay in gold if needed

Honestly I still have major doubts about the leaked Ken story line. Funny memes aside. the leak has a major error that set off my bullshit detector. "Ken wears Mel's dog tags."  Mel's not old enough to have dog tags and it looks like he's wearing Eliza's pendant.  Yes there has been a time skip but Li Fen is around 7 years older than Mel and she looks around 15 to 16 in the trailer.

Edit: @Doctrine_DarkIt's cool of you to take Cammy in after @TWINBLADES_SRKkicked her to the curb and left all her shit outside on the front lawn. 😉

Edited by Darc_Requiem
1 hour ago, Skort said:

How are you preparing for SF 6 ? 

Playing games that will clearly make me not play sf6. 

Perhaps I am the only one here not hyped about SF6, due how many times capcom has fucked up, furthermore, the game looking good (ymmv) doesn't mean that is guaranteed to play good 🤷‍♂️

There are a lot questions left in the air like if the game will have once again the stupid priority system, or if will have hitboxes not matching the animations, etc, etc.

Or  if the char redesigns (gameplay wise) for my mains will not blow. 

Plus outside mvc3, capcom has been quite meh in the gameplay department when compared to other games for me, and even mvc3 was filled with questionable shit. 

Edited by Hecatom
2 minutes ago, TWINBLADES_SRK said:

It should be an instant IP ban if you voice that you aren't hype for SF6. Bee do something about this!!!!

Sorry bro, but I only get hype for gameplay, and so far I have not seen anything that makes me say, yeah, i need sf6 in my life. 🤷‍♂️

12 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Honestly I still have major doubts about the leaked Ken story line. Funny memes aside. the leak has a major error that set off my bullshit detector. "Ken wears Mel's dog tags."  Mel's not old enough to have dog tags and it looks like he's wearing Eliza's pendant.  Yes there has been a time skip but Li Fen is around 7 years older than Mel and she looks around 15 to 16 in the trailer.

A lot of people are doubting it now since it came from some random guy on 4chan and not any of the actual leakers. The guy also said some other ridiculous stuff that sounds more like saying untrue stuff trying to get a rise out of people rather than giving genuine information. 

1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Only real surprise for me is Dee Jay. Honda and Blanka are world warriors. Guile, Juri, and Akuma are popular. After the SFV launch debacle, I think Capcom wanted throw some really popular characters on the launch roster to draw people in from the jump. Akuma and Juri in particular will get a lot people to snatch the game up at launch.  Hell Juri is an instant sale for at least three of our regulars here. You, @AriesWarlockand @FengShuiEnergy

3 hours ago, Skort said:

I think the characters that are a surprise for me when it comes to the initial roster are : 

•  Honda. I actually expected this guy to not return at all in SF6 because from the WW i think he is one that they could afford not to add.
  • Blanka. While i actually expected him to return regardless of Ono leaving i definitely was not expecting him base roster.
  • Guile. No hate on the guy but i thought Sagat would take his spot this time around since he was late DLC while Guile would return as Season 1 or something.
  • Juri. You won't see me complaining about her being base roster that's for sure but i am honestly surprised Capcom did not use her as DLC bait.
  • Akuma. Same story, 100% DLC bait character but used for base.   I guess they really aiming for good impression overall when it comes to initial roster.
  • DJ. A surprise,but a good one. I don't mind seeing this guy return. Actually he lucked out not being in 5 lol.

Deejay was an absolute surprise, I thought they will retire the character 

I was surprise that majority is SF2, To be honest I don't think having majority of the WW is attractive as an initial roster for a modern SF game but putting Honda, Blanka and Gief  DLC isn't that attractive DLC bait. Like someone said here. So this is the safest route by playing in both sides of consumer.

Akuma and Bison are absolute characters that can pull SF from  a disadvantage situation in marketing and negative press regardless a specific niche dislike it.

29 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Edit: @Doctrine_DarkIt's cool of you to take Cammy in after @TWINBLADES_SRKkicked her to the curb and left all her shit outside on the front lawn. 😉

I don't really also take it seriously, Divorce is too much in a fighting game like Street Fighter that can't even admit Jaime drinking alcohol 

Plus that leak include Alex appearing as a NPC only to tell the playable characters that he is retire. I find it cruel move to taunt SF3 fans. Alex had been always in consideration in Capcom the character even appeared in other games that isn't SF. The only character that is set aside clearly obvious is no other than Sean alone in SF3.

Edited by Shakunetsu
21 minutes ago, Shakunetsu said:

I was surprise that majority is SF2, To be honest I don't think having majority of the WW is attractive as an initial roster for a modern SF game

Isn't SF 6 supposed to be made by a reformed team that Capcom made for their fighting game department ?  Tbh i think they chose a pretty okay way of dealing with the roster overall.  

But i think these new devs are showing respect to the old games / devs  by adding most of the old characters but still pumping out new ones to push their own vision a bit. 

What's a good  roster is highly subjective because pretty much everyone wants something different and it's totally understandable but  i personally can't really be against adding the characters that pretty much started it all , especially in a day and age where game development has evolved so much and it's incredibly likely that many other fan favorites are going to be added to the game regardless ,as the devs have a lot of tools to work with nowadays, not stuck with X number of characters in the arcade cabinet forever.

Edited by Skort
1 minute ago, Skort said:

Isn't SF 6 supposed to be made by a reformed team that Capcom made for their fighting game department ?  Tbh i think they chose a pretty okay way of dealing with the roster overall.  

I'm not pointing on personal taste, I mean the most praise roster casting was SFV because it got SF3, SF2 and SFA characters at the same time compare to SF4. I preferred that way to.

I'm surprised for the take of the team, I thought it would be bunch of new characters and returning characters are divided, but it turned out bunch of SF2 characters then divided with few from other games.

4 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Fixed, that's a Kotaku take. Chun Li finally Chinese. Kimberly the first playable black woman in SF. Those shit takes definitely align.

People trying hard to connect that to racism lol

1 hour ago, Doctrine_Dark said:

There's no better feeling than knowing your main is already going to be in the next game.

There is. There's the feeling of watching new players start yapping it up about how their trash ass new character should be in the next game and then are faced with soul crushing disappointment.

That shit always makes me laugh. Ol' dumbfucks with their "I hope Abigail/Menat/etc is gonna be in the next game."

wade-barrett-bad-news.gif

7 minutes ago, Shakunetsu said:

I'm not pointing on personal taste, I mean the most praise roster casting was SFV because it got SF3, SF2 and SFA characters at the same time compare to SF4. I preferred that way to.

I'm surprised for the take of the team, I thought it would be bunch of new characters and returning characters are divided, but it turned out bunch of SF2 characters then divided with few from other games.

People trying hard to connect that to racism lol

I pressume that it could be one of the "lessons" that SFV gave to Capcom.

Capcom in the last couple of years has become kind of risk adverse.

Any risk they take is only done if there are a lot of safety nets around it.

I assume that since SF6 is (according to rumors) pushing a lot of changes in established characters,story,  gameplay, etc, they are playing it safe by adding familiar faces that people associate the franchise across the years.

Now the part that I was left thinking is if there will be guest characters and how they will implement it with the current theme.

They haven't thought the current theme of underground street fight isn't something that works with Bison together with other casting.  

Wait till they surprised us with Rufus 2.0 or a Rufus update to be more like 

um9Kvz6.png

3 minutes ago, Skort said:

Love how they pretty much took a dude's body sprite put two braids hovering above the head and there you go, it's Cammy. 

I still have the lcd watch of this in Ryu stage but with only Guile and Blanka.

I dream having that as a kid. So when I find someone having it locally I bought it up.

Edited by Shakunetsu
4 minutes ago, Shakunetsu said:

Wait till they surprised us with Rufus 2.0 or a Rufus update to be more like 

You know ,even though i couldn't care less about Rufus, it would make for some hilarious interactions between him and Ken if Ken's story leak turns out to be true. 

Rufus hates Ken with a passion and seeing Ken "washed up" will make for some interesting skirmishes between the two. 

But know what ? Rufus ? Hard pass !

3 hours ago, Skort said:

Besides, i get the general idea that Capcom is putting more love and effort into this particular project than the last

I don't think Capcom ever goes into a multi-million project with an esport program behind and Sony money only to do stuff without much effort, and the people doing SFVI seem the same that did SFV so the level of love is probably the same.

The problem with V was that Capcom was in a bad financial situation back then (it was before their revival that started with RE7 and straight after the disastrous PS3/XBOX360 era), Sony came in offering a lot of cash to have V as an exclusive and partially fund the project themselves, Capcom accepted and was forced into a certain release date/was incapable of negotiating a realistic release date with Sony, and that point it doesn't really matter how much love and effort you'd wish to put into a project: you have to work overtime and cut stuff to meet an unreasonable deadline imposed by corporate overlords who don't know anything about how videogames are made, and the end result is a sorry mess that you'll have to fix piece by piece in the years to come, and some things can't be fixed later on.

2 minutes ago, Skort said:

Rufus hates Ken with a passion and seeing Ken "washed up" will make for some interesting skirmishes between the two. 

Funny thing is is that even though Rufus hates Ken, he has no idea what he looks like. In both SF4 and SFxT, he confuses Ken for Ryu, Dan, Evil Ryu, Makoto (Because they wear a Gi), Cammy, Cody, Guile, Abel, Vega, and Bob from Tekken (because they’re blond). If Rufus ever gets in somehow, then I could see their interaction being Rufus being unable to recognize him with his roots showing and lack of gi.