Stage Select

Street Fighter 6 Lounge: The FGC has a crack problem.

1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Honestly I still have major doubts about the leaked Ken story line. Funny memes aside. the leak has a major error that set off my bullshit detector. "Ken wears Mel's dog tags."  Mel's not old enough to have dog tags and it looks like he's wearing Eliza's pendant.

Or maybe Ken's marriage fell apart because of his idea to finance his failing street fighting career by enlisting Mel as a child soldier in some third world country. That'd be what you call "environmental storytelling".

Who knows!

24 minutes ago, Phantom_Miria said:

I don't think Capcom ever goes into a multi-million project with an esport program behind and Sony money only to do stuff without much effort, and the people doing SFVI seem the same that did SFV so the level of love is probably the same.

SFV was heavily outsourced, it is clear that while not on the level of MVCI, it was made cheaply when compared to their other games during the generation.

Also, SFV and MVCI say hello, both games were esports focus, multi million projects that were clearly not done with enough care.

26 minutes ago, Phantom_Miria said:

The problem with V was that Capcom was in a bad financial situation back then and other nonsense.

Dunno where this rumor come from, but is totally untrue.

They were not in a bad financial situation, on the contrary, they were in a stable position that allowed them to open  new R&D development teams with their own facilities.

http://www.broadcast-technology.com/projects/capcom-r-d-in-game-development-constructing-two-high-tech-facilities

The reason why SFV was made with Sony's money is because they were dipping out from making fgs once again.

Also, Sony didn't force them to release the game early neither.

It was all capcom wanting to release the game at the start of the year so the new CPT and other events could run it that season, they were upfront about that.

They mentioned during the whole year prior the release of the game, that it was their plan to do it that way.

This sounds like some crap that Kappa invented and now people take it as fact.

Please, stop spreading that nonsense without 0 basis in reality.

Just now, elliephil said:

I like the main theme of SF6 so far. I'm sure it will get old, but I am excited to hear all the stage themes. I hope they know not to make every theme have lyrics in-game because that got really annoying in Strive.

I blame MGR and DMCV for that.

I think they saw how memetic the osts of those games were and decided that they needed to do something similar, hence why all songs have lyrics and are cookie cutter cheesy "metal" for normies who dislike metal.

They even make bands like Amarante sound like some hardcore shit 🤣

Just now, Volt said:

Appreciate deez nutz, add that rollback and SC6 will pop back up like Gill.

The netcode is not bad, being honest.

The times we have played it with the megashock crew, the connection has been good.

Far better than SFV, but at this point, only KOFXIII and Battle Fantasia have been worse experiences than SFV 🤣

1 hour ago, Sonero said:

There is. There's the feeling of watching new players start yapping it up about how their trash ass new character should be in the next game and then are faced with soul crushing disappointment.

That shit always makes me laugh. Ol' dumbfucks with their "I hope Abigail/Menat/etc is gonna be in the next game."

wade-barrett-bad-news.gif

No bullshit I been learned this lesson too many times. I’ll whatever function feels right the name on it is basically meaningless at this point.

6 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

The netcode is not bad, being honest.

The times we have played it with the megashock crew, the connection has been good.

Far better than SFV, but at this point, only KOFXIII and Battle Fantasia have been worse experiences than SFV 🤣

I know, I played with some americans. It's the typical delay experience, as long as it's stable, it's good enough.

I really appreciate the single-player content in that game tbh. You can tell they really wanted to make it a good experience.

Just now, BornWinner said:

Surprised this wasn’t accused as blackface by some moronic journalist or some idiot on Twitter. 

It probably was.

Just look at how many of those imbeciles think that a tanned char = a black character, like what happened to Nagatoro for example, and accused anyone of whitewashing her if she was drawn with a lighter skin tone or not tanned.

Or how now some idiots are convinced that Ramlethal is black because she is tanned and her new voice actress is black iirc.