Stage Select

Street Fighter 6 Lounge: The FGC has a crack problem.

3 minutes ago, Yiceman said:

Noticed something during my 10th watch of that trailer. Guile sets a timer on his watch during his intro, and turns it off during his win screen. Dude is literally timing how long it takes to beat your ass for his own personal workout regimen.

Definitely the coolest part of the trailer.

And that's a huge statement. This game looks absolutely ridiculous, we really need some match footage soon.

11 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

The way they are doing supers in this game is interesting and I like it. The fact that EX moves are not tied to super this time means we’ll be seeing these a lot more often and if you should  go for the damaging level 3 or have go for three level 1s.

They're giving people a lot of ways to play, which is gonna be sick IFFFF those ways are all viable. Do you pop level 1s every hit to optimize short term damage? Gamble on weirdo utility level 2? Or decide you want a round 3 checkmate?

Between that and the drive system it feels like they want you to do... what you want to do

10 minutes ago, Yiceman said:

Noticed something during my 10th watch of that trailer. Guile sets a timer on his watch during his intro, and turns it off during his win screen. Dude is literally timing how long it takes to beat your ass for his own personal workout regimen.

Dat High Fade energy 

3 minutes ago, Yiceman said:

That is fucking cool man. Not sure if I'll like how this game plays but I'm appreciative of clear passion the dev team has. When is the last time we had a SF game with high production values? Certainly nothing in the 3D era.

So...

Do you guys think this game will have "normal" DPs, as in, invincible even without meter, or is it going to be like SFV and you'll have to spend meter to get the real thing?

Meter is pretty different now too. EX moves are tied to this universal thing that also lets you parry, focus attack, dash cancel and do various bullshit, while normal meter... Is just for supers?

2 minutes ago, Phantom_Miria said:

So...

Do you guys think this game will have "normal" DPs, as in, invincible even without meter, or is it going to be like SFV and you'll have to spend meter to get the real thing?

Meter is pretty different now too. EX moves are tied to this universal thing that also lets you parry, focus attack, dash cancel and do various bullshit, while normal meter... Is just for supers?

Not sure about the DP situation. Super Meter is only for Supers though.

3 minutes ago, Phantom_Miria said:

So...

I will assume that they will still be like SFV more or less, so to "balance" them, and to give more reasons for you to see if you should go for the Ex version or not.

Otherwise, Ex-DPs are redundant if their only extra functionality is to add more damage or increase the combo counter.

6 minutes ago, Yiceman said:

I hope they bring back chip kills, honestly. If I'm playing a zoner, I don't want to feel like I need to go in to clutch the kill. I know there's parries, which is also why I think chip kills would be fair. And I'm also still hoping that parrying projectiles doesn't refund any drive bar. That seems like the fairest way to handle it.

Couldn't agree more 

I didn't keep playing SFV, but I don't understand this sentiment.
If I am playing a Zoner and my opponent is on 1 HP, I would just hang back, enjoy my time and let him try to get in.

Blazblue essentialy negates Chip Kills as long as you have Barrier and I was mostly fine chucking Plasma and slapping people with big buttons, even as they only had 1 HP left.

I don't even pay attention to my opponents health 90% of the time, as I just focus on the game. I pay more attention to their meter than their health tbh.

13 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Ryu wearing sandals*, Cammy wearing pants, Guile with eyebrows. Capcom's mad I tell you !? 🙃

*Yes I know Ryu wore shoes in SF1. 

All that comparison is showing me is that Guile has somehow grown wider and TALLER throughout the years. Gigantism Guile confirmed?

13 minutes ago, Yiceman said:

I hope they bring back chip kills, honestly. If I'm playing a zoner, I don't want to feel like I need to go in to clutch the kill. I know there's parries, which is also why I think chip kills would be fair. And I'm also still hoping that parrying projectiles doesn't refund any drive bar. That seems like the fairest way to handle it.

With parries being universal, I agree. 

4 minutes ago, The Slick Tony said:

All that comparison is showing me is that Guile has somehow grown wider and TALLER throughout the years. Gigantism Guile confirmed?

Nah SF6 Guile is just Brock Lesnar with his hair grown out 😉

Edited by Darc_Requiem
26 minutes ago, Phantom_Miria said:

So...

SFV-style DPs will probably be the standard from now on. It just makes sense as a bigger system tbh.

As for super meter... yeah, just for supers. That's actually a really good idea imo. I really appreciate when the stylish, big damage attacks actually get some use. 

Character info and stuff is hype but i hope they start sharing more info regarding crossplay / netcode / how the battle hub works.

With the game coming on pretty much all platforms this is a huge opportunity for Capcom to pretty much have all their playerbase together have the game keep growing.

No excuses, have crossplay between all, it's gonna be 2023.

Shesesh I just saw the Guilay trailer. The dude legit looks cool as fuck now. If all the characters just move and animate as well as he does I'm stoked to see the others. Even Dee Jay. 

The guy uses his opponents as a stepping stool to Flash Kick you in the chest. And he even gets his V Skill and VT1 as a super which I actually think is very cool. Was just super surprised by how much I liked Guile in this trailer. 

I don't think the roster leak was intentional and even leaked tbh the curiosity remains.

People are thirsty for news and stuff regarding the game.

If anything, "knowing"  the roster generated so much talk and content regarding SF6 it's not even funny.Capcom throwing out these vids is just flexing.

Still,pls info regarding netcode and crossplay.

With 18 chars (maybe) still to be revealed, and a semi-likely release date of Feb 2023 (given history), as well as details about the other modes, there's the potential for news to be coming out every handful of weeks up until release.  Even if it's a summer release, that's still a lot of info to get out fast.

Edit:

1.jpg

Edited by JustBrowsing