Stage Select

Street Fighter 6 Lounge: The FGC has a crack problem.

3 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

You know, I sometimes wonder how it really was.

I know it improved from the SFV netcode, but given the smaller player-base, it also could be that there were less instances to see the fuckery that are common from SFV 😅

Not to mention that some of the people playing it could be exaggerating a little

The MvCi scene grew during COVID due to it's netcode. The smaller playerbase meant the players are further apart. I can play @Mattatsuin MvCi likes he's sitting next to me. SFV....not so much. He's Canada and I'm South Carolina. So we aren't exactly close in proximity.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
3 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

The MvCi scene grew during COVID due to it's netcode. The smaller playerbase meant the players are further apart. I can play @Mattatsuin MvCi likes he's sitting next to me. SFV....not so much. He's Canada and I'm South Carolina. So we aren't exactly close in proximity.

This whole time I thought you were in Virginia lol

Just now, Shahenzan said:

Alright now I'm a little worried

1f parry that catches highs and lows? I was also confident they'd have rollback but I'm less confident that they can nail crossplay, especially with ps4 in the mix

Capcom......

High recovery (17frames is the number going around right now) on successful parry, noticeable whiff animation, intensive on resources... we need more gameplay me thinks

3 minutes ago, Shahenzan said:

Alright now I'm a little worried

1f parry that catches highs and lows? I was also confident they'd have rollback but I'm less confident that they can nail crossplay, especially with ps4 in the mix

Capcom......

1F parry with 17F Recovery and whiff animation while leaving you vulnerable to Punish Counter which gives a 20% damage bonus and continuously drains Drive Gauge. I'm not concerned.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
1 minute ago, mykka said:

I wouldnt be shocked if its 16 + 6 again

Yeah, He could confirmed that if he wanted too but likely he'll say it indirectly instead.

1 minute ago, Skort said:

Why have 22 slots then ? There's no way they are letting those slots greyed out until the DLC is added. More likely they are adding a new slot when that happens.

That kinda happen with MVCi giving it a bad rep in the beginning

Edited by Shakunetsu
7 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

1F parry with 17F Recovery and whiff animation while leaving you vulnerable to Punish Counter which gives a 20% damage bonus and continuously drains Drive Gauge. I'm not concerned.

I think blowing up people who try to over-use parries  and that focus attack move is going to be the real scrub-killer strat early on in this game for casuals.

1 minute ago, Yiceman said:

I think blowing up people who try to over-use parries  and that focus attack move is going to be the real scrub-killer strat early on in this game for casuals.

Yeah the same way you blow up new players in 3s and sf4, history repeats itself through assbeatings lolol

Edited by elliephil
21 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Yeah now that I've seen how vulnerable you are in Burnout state, meter management is going to be REALLY important. 

20 minutes ago, Skort said:

Is it between all platforms ? Because if so, that's huge.

The only thing I am really worried in the beginning was the simple control becoming somekind of META on some character control in competitive

5 minutes ago, Shakunetsu said:

The only thing I am really worried in the beginning was the simple control becoming somekind of META on some character control in competitive

I really don't see how that could happen. You give up half your buttons and the ability to determine the strength of your specials with simple controls.

You have one medium button. What if you can't do hit confirm combos now, because your medium is a kick instead of a punch? What if you have no low-cancels now, because your crouching medium button is a punch instead of a kick?

That fancy sweep target combo into flash kick Guile did in his trailer to punish Luke's DP? Well he either won't have that, or he won't have his best anti-air normal, because you only get one crouching heavy button.

I kinda feel bad for Vicious cause he no doubt was probably excited and honored to do this.  But it seems like the prevailing attitude towards the commentary feature is that it is just annoying as fuck. I could see it becoming meme fodder very soon. This is only day 1 of a flood of footage and it's already grating  as hell listening to the commentary(although there were a few gems I'll admit). Oh well. He got paid. But yeah, definitely turning that off asap.

Edited by Saturius
Just now, Saturius said:

I kinda feel bad for Vicious. It seems like the prevailing attitude towards the commentary feature is that ii is just annoying as fuck. This is only day 1 of a flood of footage and it's already grating  as hell listening to the commentary(although there were a few gems I'll admit). Oh well. He got paid. But yeah, definitely turning that off asap.

Yeah its not a knock against him. Its kinda cool in its own way, but it doesn't need to happen every 2 seconds. just happens way too often.

Just now, Genghis_Dong said:

Yeah its not a knock against him. Its kinda cool in its own way, but it doesn't need to happen every 2 seconds. just happens way too often.

Definitely getting old ea sports vibes with the commentary... might be funny for trolling certain people that get irritated easily 😃