Stage Select

Street Fighter 6 Lounge: The FGC has a crack problem.

1 hour ago, The Slick Tony said:

2. Drive Rushing, and successfully doing it, is going to be the barometer that sets apart good players from average players.

Yeah, I barely saw anyone using drive rush yesterday and that's probably because it's the most difficult initially and it might require some lab time.  This is the mechanic I'm most interested it because it's almost like an FADC in that it allows for really cool combo extensions.  Looking forward to seeing what the pro's can do with this.  

Edited by HeavensCloud

Speaking to IGN's Mitchell Saltzman, Street Fighter 6 director Takayuki Nakayama confirmed that rollback netcode will indeed be part of the upcoming fighter, but it will not be the same as what was seen in Street Fighter 5.

"As you know, Street Fighter 5 also had rollback netcode," Nakayama said. "But in terms of SF6, it will have Rollback netcode, but it will not be the same as what we had in SF5, and this is something that we're building from scratch.

"There's a lot of effort being put into the development of the netcode. And it's not something that only the netcode engineers are involved in. We're involving the battle team to participate in that development to ensure that the experience is seamless and that it actually feels good. We're working very hard towards it right now. "

IGN spoke to Street Fighter 6 producer Shuhei Matsumoto about cross-play and, while he didn't confirm nor deny the feature, he did say it is something the team does "want to aim for."

"We understand the importance of it, and it's something that we're working hard on, and something that we want to aim for," Matsumoto said.

We reached out to Capcom for clarification, but the company isn't ready to speak more about cross-play or confirm that it will be part of Street Fighter 6.

"Currently, we’re not providing any additional comment on cross play or roll back. More to be shared in the future so stay tuned," a spokesperson for Capcom told IGN.

Edited by Dragonfave723
23 hours ago, Hecatom said:

Oof

Sounds like an overkill, lol

We already have a lot of defensive mechanics, adding extra punishment would only make the game more turtle heavy 🤣

Almost sounds like an overcorrection from SFV criticism about being too rushdown heaavy, like how SFV felt like a overcorrection over SFIV being so turtle heave, lol.

Doesn't necessarily have to be a defensive mechanic. If jab-checking and/or far-reaching normals with good hitboxes are a thing again, this punish would be a boon for offensive-minded players as the turtlers can't just pre-emptively press buttons for the hell of it. CE Guile's low forward comes to mind.

Speaking of far-reaching normals, it seems the animations match the hitboxes much better than in SFV, and characters don't need to connect with their crotch anymore to land a roundhouse kick.

On the topic of Chun I saw someone add bangs to her current look and honestly it looked really good. 

I'm shocked they just popped out with a demo build already. Hopefully by the time we get a beta they've added a couple more characters to the build. 

I haven't been able to watch too much footage, but it seems maybe shorter combos in this game?

5 minutes ago, Illwill88 said:

I haven't been able to watch too much footage, but it seems maybe shorter combos in this game?

Seems to be a bunch of target combos but the main issue is that pretty much all who tested the game have no clue how to cancel a normal into a special for some reason.

I mean, i get it,it's a new game ....but still.

26 minutes ago, Phantom_Miria said:

Ryu's heart belongs to Ken, especially now that that gold-digger Eliza finally showed her true colors, and Chun-Li is just way too old (she looks in her early 30s, which by Japanese standards for women she's the equivalent of an advanced elderly)

She's a single mom to boot. Sakura is there waiting whenever he wants to plant his seed.

What reminds me, why do most of the 3S characters look so incredible stupid?

Alex looks like an absolute Moron, with a terrible haircut and one of the dumbest movesets out there.

Yun and Yang look so fucking stupid, Yangs hair alone is offensive enough to be considerd a warcrime and Yun is so terribly bad designed , he alone might be the reason why the SF3 series failed and burried the brand for a decade.

Oh and Q, god, who thought that some random dude with a mask on would make a good design, it is like Capcom wanted to murder SF and never have it be relevant ever again.

That character looks so incredible dumb, has nothing noteworthy or memorable and he attracts only the imbeciles who would look at a blank wall and think thats good design.

And Parrys, man the single worst designed Mechanic in all of FG history.

Really you have to be a really shit person, with absolute no value for quality to think that this stain of garbage is acceptable in any shape or form.

Just now, Mr.Cipher said:

What reminds me, why do most of the 3S characters look so incredible stupid?

Alex looks like an absolute Moron, with a terrible haircut and one of the dumbest movesets out there.

Yun and Yang look so fucking stupid, Yangs hair alone is offensive enough to be considerd a warcrime and Yun is so terribly bad designed , he alone might be the reason why the SF3 series failed and burried the brand for a decade.

Oh and Q, god, who thought that some random dude with a mask on would make a good design, it is like Capcom wanted to murder SF and never have it be relevant ever again.

That character looks so incredible dumb, has nothing noteworthy or memorable and he attracts only the imbeciles who would look at a blank wall and think thats good design.

And Parrys, man the single worst designed Mechanic in all of FG history.

Really you have to be a really shit person, with absolute no value for quality to think that this stain of garbage is acceptable in any shape or form.

Bait

11 minutes ago, elliephil said:

I guess you can't read, I'm only pretending. Just like you 😃

Sorry english is not my native language.

Alos never correct grammar errors of me, I am not sorry, I have no respect for your language and only use it because I have to.

Oh right, gotta keep the track record up.

Button, Button.

Edited by Mr.Cipher
Just now, Skort said:

Not gonna lie i totally expect this to return as Juri's level 3 super , maybe with a few tweaks but yea.  This super has so much going for it and it's definitely something she would do.

The ki blast at the end, like what was used on Chun Li  in some animated thing - for a CA - version would be insane