Stage Select

Street Fighter 6 Lounge: The FGC has a crack problem.

7 hours ago, BornWinner said:

Max says that Jamie doesn’t lose his drink level, it stays throughout the round. 

As stupid it sound, that's what i thought considering the visual choice of associate the drunk state with loose hair, dude is'nt going  in the middle of the fight to build back his braid lol

Kinda like original Necalli once "break free" loosing dreads was staying same whole round

Technicallly they could have made Jamie gradually return sober either wasting energies with specials or suffering damage of some sort (like G needed to be thrown on his ass to lose a level) , wich would have made find a moment to drink a necessity for the whole round, just as G may need to look ever for chances  to charge up to pass as much time as possible on max level state

But such drastic change of look make problematic go in and out, so guess if they gone for it their intention was design him to go permanent drunk lol

3 minutes ago, Sonero said:

If you're gonna be able to parry frame traps and cancels that aren't tight, I'm hoping that means there's going to be a decent amount of plus frames all around on normals. If you gotta go in there with mild plus frames its going to be weird to pressure people.

The game has alpha counters as well. You might have more to worry about assuming it isn't ass like v reversal 

2 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

The game has alpha counters as well. You might have more to worry about assuming it isn't ass like v reversal 

A homie sent me a vid of an alpha counter. It looked a little slow because it doesn't have the screen freeze of the old games.

Also on parry, there's a vid of Ryu punishing a buton he had parry by doing the drive dash and throwing the person that parried him.

Random af but made small gif of Luke new throws

throws

glad from his SFV version, they understood what keep and what change... F+Throw was just more punching for a char that already does punching shit 90% of the time, now he have a slam takedown to at least pretend this MMA character does a bit of MMA shit lol

B+Throw was cool and they keept it, SF6 keeping have heart in right place in my book

Edited by CESTUS III

After watching way too much gameplay, I have a couple thoughts:

1. There is conflicting information about how canceling into supers work. Max said that only Lvl 3 Supers could cancel from specials and that the lower leveled ones had to be linked into (like juggling with Ryu's EX hadouken). But in the IGN JP footage I watched, Luke cancelled (not linked) his EX uppercut into his Lvl 2 super 🤔.

2. Drive Rushing, and successfully doing it, is going to be the barometer that sets apart good players from average players.

Edited by The Slick Tony
29 minutes ago, The Slick Tony said:

1. There is conflicting information about how canceling into supers work. Max said that only Lvl 3 Supers could cancel from specials and that the lower leveled ones had to be linked into (like juggling with Ryu's EX hadouken). But in the IGN JP footage I watched, Luke cancelled (not linked) his EX uppercut into his Lvl 2 super 🤔.

Maybe it only works with EX moves. Their focus seems to be Drive Gauge management so that would definitely fit into the known MO.

One thing I took from all the info overload is that I will be awful at this game and tat the skill ceiling will be incredibly high. This is definitely not a product of the simplification era that brought us SFV and Modern Controls are most likely just a little stepping stone they give newbies not to be completely overwhelmed by literally everything.

2 hours ago, Vhozite said:

SF6 Chun still looks off to me. I can’t put my finger on exactly what it is. She looks washed out or something. 

I just like the combination of how expressive she is plus the fluid animations (plus thighs). I think for me the only thing off is her bangs. Makes her forehead look kinda pronounced imo

Edited by Jocelot

So you can spend drive meter on a DP or spend it on a parry? 

Idk I guess that’s fine, but typing it out sounds weird to me. Drive is where the defensive options are at so I guess it’s cool, but I do hope we see some characters with their own unique defensive options.