Stage Select

Street Fighter 6 Lounge: The FGC has a crack problem.

11 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

What is funny is that GG has never been that oppressive due how the mechanics worked, it has a very nuance neutral game, but people like to meme it as a rushdown heavy game.

I can certainly appreciate Guilty Gear for it's nuance both in neutral and on knockdown. It had lots of good universal mechanics that gave you options to get in and out of situations. SFV did not. In fact, it felt like it encouraged you to play a different game entirely. V-shift was a nice addition but it was maybe too little too late. A testing grounds for the drive system in SF6 perhaps? 🤔

Drive rush keeps your momentum while you throw out moves. Reminds me of Fighting EX Layer.

I didnt realize burnout state means you can't block drive impact (focus attack) in the corner. You also go into a stun state after the drive impact connects.

Has there been any information on stun? Is there even a regular stun value not tied to drive system?

6 hours ago, BornWinner said:

Thankfully, one of the videos that’s come out has someone going through his movelist. I took some screenshots for you.

Yoooooooo this really is a bigass movelist. Thanks bud. This character is gonna be so wild. Overall looks like a very momentum based character.

And his EX divekick ground bounces too, that's crazy. He's definitely gonna be the 'style on you' character 

9 hours ago, BornWinner said:

Thankfully, one of the videos that’s come out has someone going through his movelist. I took some screenshots for you.

Hide contents

Special Moves

uPxZ62d.jpg

ZLSBZtY.jpg
kHmHXuj.jpg

UKM3HDI.jpg
3soNS2z.jpg

7mrNxlM.jpg
u1cu5ng.jpg

o88oQJp.jpg
wAeZnbf.jpg

Super Moves

SlxpYec.jpg

Unique Moves

l5pDRgU.jpg
I0a1umO.jpg

4uNmrI5.jpg
YBYdyxr.jpg

ugMp3Mp.jpg
yMaeVaY.jpg

eX233kl.jpg
BR1PBpm.jpg
SJQfkZi.jpg

He can drink anytime he wants and hold it till he gets level 4 drunk. He can also get a swig in at the end of certain moves. These moves include kick rekka, two target combos, and his level 1. 

giphy_27.gif

This dude is Drunk Dante wtf? Him popping Lv. 2 Super at round start on the 3rd must be the scariest thing in the game.

8 hours ago, HeavensCloud said:

Wow, that Jamie movelist is crazy.  Sounds like he has a lot of good tools but his strength might be determined by how easy it is to get drink levels.  I hope it's easier than Hakan/G and you don't have to give up oki to do it.  

We've seen some footage of it, seems *very* quick for an install character. Roughly a little slower than say, a Juri store, but it's way quicker than the likes of G. You can definitely sneak a sip every once in a while. 

Not needing to give up Oki for it is absolutely not happening though.

6 hours ago, elliephil said:

I can certainly appreciate Guilty Gear for it's nuance both in neutral and on knockdown. It had lots of good universal mechanics that gave you options to get in and out of situations. SFV did not.

Exactly.

ArcSys gets away with a ridiculous amount of things that would be outright bullshit in other games because of how they really focus on robust universal mechanics.

SF6 got something similar going on, so it should be a very interesting game.

4 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Stun is tied to the Drive System. So the Drive Gauge doubles as a Guard/Stun meter.

Speaking of which, it's interesting that you can pick exactly when you want to go for the Stun now. Not having to worry about Stun forcing a "reset" is already a very nice deal, but there's more. Burnout is hella long and you can run some offense while they're all but defenseless then cash in that Stun with a meaty focus attack.

Supers are shown to eat some of the opponent's Drive on hit, I wonder if you can use them to force them into Burnout.

9 hours ago, Hecatom said:

What is funny is that GG has never been that oppressive due how the mechanics worked, it has a very nuance neutral game, but people like to meme it as a rushdown heavy game.

This isn't even remotely close to true. 

There's literal tournament footage of multiple versions of GG being worse than the shit you could do in SF5.

7 minutes ago, Sonero said:

This isn't even remotely close to true. 

There's literal tournament footage of multiple versions of GG being worse than the shit you could do in SF5.

And there is plenty more footage that shows the neutral game of GG and how nuance is.

If we nitpick, we can make any game look rushdown heavy/oppressive as fuck.

9 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

And there is plenty more footage that shows the neutral game of GG and how nuance is.

If we nitpick, we can make any game look rushdown heavy/oppressive as fuck.

Yeah the neutral is cool until you get your shit rocked. And when you do you gotta deal with a bunch of bullshit that system mechanics didn't help you much against. There's a legit laundry list of characters that constantly do that.

People really meme like you weren't gonna get opened up by the big gorilla energy in the Guilty Gear series. That's hilarious. SF5 has nothing on GG. SF5 is sparkling water compared to GG.

2 hours ago, Volt said:

Supers are shown to eat some of the opponent's Drive on hit, I wonder if you can use them to force them into Burnout.

You can. One part of Max’s two hour video has him eating Ryu‘s level 3 which drains his drive gauge. If he hadn’t died from it, Max would’ve been on Butnout.

3 hours ago, Daemos said:

Lol! It's a true 50/50!

Which Vega and Which Bison?!!! Fucking hell!

I want Claw more than Rog/Boxer, but i need pure boxing rep more than Claw

Ideal scenario Claw and Dictator + Dudley as boxing rep

But reality is Ed being in and developers having boner for urban american hiphop, make me think Rog is gaining advantage over Dudley 🥲

4 hours ago, Volt said:

We've seen some footage of it, seems *very* quick for an install character. Roughly a little slower than say, a Juri store, but it's way quicker than the likes of G. You can definitely sneak a sip every once in a while.

Wonder if they may chose to turn him into glass cannon, to let him have all tools and powerups 

My isp decided to shit itself so I've been without Internet for the last 5 days, but from what I could see and read or hear I'm actually kinda starting to like 6 a lot in terms of mechanics 

The worrisome things for me right now are:

- how well matched  the hitboxes and move animations are

- the balance of keeping enough drive gauge to interact with the opponent vs avoiding burnout and thus putting yourself at a disadvantage (unable to EX, hold parry, drive impact) 

- characters getting gutted or having certain moves missing/locked out (eg V just hates rekkas for some reason) 

- gameplay speed (at the moment it feels kinda slow so hopefully Capcom pumps it up come release) 

- how much can drive impact be abused since it crumples and Wall bounces + pushes you back even on block 

- hit sounds right now are just complete shit and need improvements ASAP 

- adjustments to lightning on character models and stages (the back alley and the sakura park are too bland and don't pop as much as they should), plus characters blending on the latter 

- since Luke seems to have character specific taunts, will there be special intros? They're already going out of their way to fully animate the faces for intros

- zoning potency, especially now that we know there is a universal parry mechanic 

- lack of a stun gauge (is there even a stun mechanic at all), which IMO is a step backwards from V and III

- Super meter being used ONLY for supers and nothing else. I still think EX moves should probably be tied away from the Drive gauge, this isn't Guilty Gear where you can have many things tied to Tension bar because of how fast it can be accumulated while the Drive gauge is restoring bit by bit with the only method of accelerating the regen being parrying (as opposed to V skills helping to charge V gauge faster in V) 

- How much freedom is there for combos. We know you can cancel out of a lot of stuff with the Drive Rush but what about the juggle potential? Capcom adjusted this quite a lot in Def Edition patch for V which opened up many new combos and combo routes, coupled with hitbox and hurtbox changes 

And of course the loading times and input lag, as well as the rollback quality implementation 

I'm hopeful Capcom learned and improved based on the MVCI iteration of their Kagemusha netcode as opposed to just building upon the garbage that is V netplay 

This game launching on previous gen consoles is also worrisome because of confirmed crossplay and this is the first fighting game built with RE Engine as opposed to unreal. Kind of Uncharted waters there for the genre 

24 minutes ago, PVL_93_RU said:

- lack of a stun gauge (is there even a stun mechanic at all), which IMO is a step backwards from V and III

There is stun and there's also some footage of it.

If I understood the system correctly, to get stunned you need to:

1) Run out of drive meter (that you lose gradually by using drive and EX moves, but also just by blocking apparently, and you can replenish it by parrying).

2) Get hit or block a focus attack (or rather, the drive move that's similar to focus attack) in the corner, that you won't be able to easily avoid because you'll be out of drive yourself, so no parrying or counter-focus attack available.

think it works like that, and if I got it right it might not be such a bad system since it turns stun from a lose-more system into a way for your opponent to punish you for mishandling your meter.

35 minutes ago, PVL_93_RU said:

- how well matched  the hitboxes and move animations are

I paid attention to some Ryu footage. Everything matched up perfectly.

36 minutes ago, PVL_93_RU said:

- characters getting gutted or having certain moves missing/locked out (eg V just hates rekkas for some reason) 

Jamie has Rekkas (and a bunch of moves, Dante-like movelist.)

Ryu and Chun got a bunch of new moves. His HP Fireball is really fast.

Honestly, they seem to be allowing characters to be strong and keeping everything together with the universal mechanics (not just Drive).

If this sounds similar, it's because ArcSys is well known for doing that.

I don't have anything on hand, but there's some good footage around. Game looks as legit as it gets.

3 minutes ago, Volt said:

Oh, be quiet. You do the same.

Yes, but I do so because I think it's a good thing.
They seem to see it as an insult or something.

What is weird, since I am not looking negative at SFVI this far.

I still want much more informations tho.

10 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Shouldn't you be posting G vs Ryu match footage in the SFV thread

Eh, mostly posted that for the lols 😉     

When i played Falke a bit and faced Rashid, that was basically how "footsies" go. I swear i think Falke has the only non brain dead activation in the game ( her VT 2 ) , where it actually requires a confirm in order to be safe while Rashid just "does stuff". 

Anyway, enough about V, whens that SF 6  news, how many hours left ? 

Edited by Skort
1 hour ago, Volt said:

Honestly, they seem to be allowing characters to be strong and keeping everything together with the universal mechanics (not just Drive).

If this sounds similar, it's because ArcSys is well known for doing that.

Let's see...

A3 full of universal system mechanics, CvS2 is full of system mechanics, Darkstalker is full of system mechanics....

Hey look, Capcom is doing the ArcSys thing.

You can definitely see that they're not half-arsing this. No matter how this eventually turns out and whether people will like it or not, there's a lot of heart and effort going into this game.

Let's just hope there's no decision making suit up at Capcom who's going to ruin this with some ridiculous games-as-a-service approved business model. But looking at RE and Monster hunter and whatnot I think we can all look forward to this optimistically.