Stage Select

Street Fighter 6 Lounge: The FGC has a crack problem.

11 minutes ago, delete_me said:

You can definitely see that they're not half-arsing this. No matter how this eventually turns out and whether people will like it or not, there's a lot of heart and effort going into this game.

Let's just hope there's no decision making suit up at Capcom who's going to ruin this with some ridiculous games-as-a-service approved business model. But looking at RE and Monster hunter and whatnot I think we can all look forward to this optimistically.

Doing more than the bare minimum is expected.

They had 6 years of half-assing and getting by trough eSports, they gotta step up now if they don't want to become the laughing stock..... sorry if they don't want to stay the laughíng stock.

1 hour ago, Sonero said:

It isn't missing any point.

Capcom games have largely been system games. SF5 is the big departure from it. Now they are going back to an older styled game.

Acting like it's copying ArcSys is just a tired trope at this point.

Ok, Grandpa we are almost back at your room.

1 minute ago, Phantom_Miria said:

How was SFV like in the betas, before they started nerfing stuff?

I wasn't following the game at the time to know how it was like and how it changed.

Well Beta 1 to beta 2 had like 2 pages worth of nerfs.
That continued until the game launched.
And then they keep'd nerfing stuff all the time, because they learned their lesson of buffs being better than nerfs.

25 minutes ago, Phantom_Miria said:

How was SFV like in the betas, before they started nerfing stuff?

I wasn't following the game at the time to know how it was like and how it changed.

I mean just look at that first Chun vs Ryu trailer. Bunch of stuff was removed, especially for Chun. I never played the betas but people did say the game felt more fun and loose during the betas rather than the final version. At least how it launched.

26 minutes ago, mykka said:

I mean just look at that first Chun vs Ryu trailer. Bunch of stuff was removed, especially for Chun. I never played the betas but people did say the game felt more fun and loose during the betas rather than the final version. At least how it launched.

I know Chun had a whole special that never made it up in the final game in the very first footage shown of SFV, but I hoped to know more about the changes between the betas and 1.0. I know a lot of people said that the game got progressively nerfed and the very early betas were more fun to play, but I never learned what they changed exactly. Like, the normals were better, the V-System was different...

10 minutes ago, Phantom_Miria said:

I know Chun had a whole special that never made it up in the final game in the very first footage shown of SFV, but I hoped to know more about the changes between the betas and 1.0. I know a lot of people said that the game got progressively nerfed and the very early betas were more fun to play, but I never learned what they changed exactly. Like, the normals were better, the V-System was different...

She had several moves removed, as well as options. I think Vesper did a revisit recently

27 minutes ago, TWINBLADES_SRK said:

Capcom were fucking wrong for that "highlight" for SF6 but I can't even be mad because we ended up getting so much news. 22 characters + modes + FGC evets means SF6 will be on the publics mind for the rest of the year. Now Dragons Dogma fans. God damn the coping and seething is insane right now lmao

Tbh i would have been ok with just one more badly dressed japanese capcom guy saying

"...And now the news for SF6: will have 22 characters in standard cast, NOT including Season 1"

my reaction

Hyped GIFs | Tenor

7 minutes ago, elliephil said:

Vega's ground game was so good in the SFV betas that people claimed him to be top tier on release. I think I remember his ex command grab being really good also.

I never played him in the beta but his grab was probably the one special move that was consistently good in every version.

I do know they gutted his buttons at the end of S1.

1 hour ago, Phantom_Miria said:

The "first look" build we got of SFV I think was way further behind than this version of SF6 we've been seeing

The first version of SFV they showed it just to show it, special exhibition, no further information. SF6 shows up playable to a bunch of people with a lot more clearly in place and seen, a versus screen, a character select, in-game movelists, a website that outlines a lot of game functions extremely clearly

This game is a lot more put together than SFV was, I wouldnt worry about cut moves/systems going from what we saw this weekend to the final release

2 hours ago, mykka said:

Tbh i don't remind much missing from Ryu, aside some cool crush counter effects that turned boring in final version

Ex moves were cooler, because they had ink effect instead retard colored flashing lights... while at it Ryu had pretty cool EX srk, was still a mini shin shoryuken but more epic

Oh, returning to original SFV vid Ryu got a very cool judo throw that was removed

https://i.makeagif.com/media/6-14-2022/I0PNwG.gif

Btw i truly discoveredd how much shit was cut from Ryu only waaay more recently, when some guy made a YT vid of his scrapped content, lot of cool punches

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKIzJWDyIAQ

One bizzarre thing of SF6 Ryu seems to have gained some new kick stuff but for whatever reason they stole from him some cool punching shit: MP>HP target combo, VS2 Thrust Strike step forward punch, his Isshin (the big counter punch with hado shit going on)

Yeah, but in return he got new move Hashogeki... wich on reality was his VReversal, short range hadouken, with animation (bit different in SF6 but still) similar to hadouken. Holy fuck sometime seems they're STILL shitscared to make Ryu fun 🥲

Edited by CESTUS III
18 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

The bets are open about the real nature of Jamie's "Special Drink":

a) Red Bull

b) Concentrated sweat of past great warriors that grant Jamie's their strength

c) The blood of innocent children

d) Gamer girl piss

e) Just regular water that Yun and Yang scammed him into buying at an absurdly inflated price under the pretense that it would make Jamie better at fighting and flirting with the local hoes

f) ???

1 minute ago, Phantom_Miria said:

The bets are open about the real nature of Jamie's "Special Drink":

a) Red Bull

b) Concentrated sweat of past great warriors that grant Jamie's their strength

c) The blood of innocent children

d) Gamer girl piss

e) Just regular water that Yun and Yang scammed him into buying at an absurdly inflated price under the pretense that it would make Jamie better at fighting and flirting with the local hoes

f) ???

It's gonna be Red Bull haha

1 hour ago, Hawkingbird said:

Birdie was a secret top tier. Tokido was playing him in the builds. 

R Mika, Bison, and Cammy were (from what I remember) the undisputed top tiers from those beta tests. Lots of people underestimated the bs Rashid was capable of at the time. Ricki Ortiz claimed that sfv beta chun was the best since 3s chun which was definitely quite the statement. She ended up being the best character hands down in s1.

The simple characters with strike/throw mixups and oppressive plus frames were probably the best in the beta, as with any game that hasn't been out for long.

1 minute ago, Vhozite said:

Birdie was definitely talked about back then. I specifically remember people complaining his confirming 3x jab into super. He was one of the main offenders for people calling the game “jab fighter 5”.

Well, that and jabs to mediums were universal in beta 1 right? Kind of wild in retrospect Chun-Li got to keep that lol but I'm glad she did.

4 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Zangief Kitty >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> X-Kira

Woodley_KO.gif

28 minutes ago, You said:

Well, that and jabs to mediums were universal in beta 1 right? Kind of wild in retrospect Chun-Li got to keep that lol but I'm glad she did.

Now that's someone I haven't seen in a while.

How you doing bro?

I remember a lot of counter hit normals being able to combo into themselves. Chun cr.mk being one of the stupid easy counter hit confirms into knockdown. All of her VT normals were basically build-your-own combo, overhead was like +5 compared to +3 it would be in release. Second hit of cr.hp was special cancellable.

I'm surprised I remember any of this because those betas were so incredibly lackluster lol

24 minutes ago, You said:

Hey stranger! I'm doing really well; have remained on the SFV grind haha just kinda faded out social-media wise. But I'm back to relish in the collective SF6 hype! How are you? 

Holy shit man its been a long time. Did you graduate college yet?

Its Pertho btw.

I got curious and went on searching for stuff from the closed betas. It seems relevant anyway with SF6 being pretty close to this stage of development.

Aside from the individual characters getting nerfed (which kinda prepared the way for the very controlled kind of design that most characters ended up having in V), the biggest change I hear being talked about in these videos is the fact that SFV's combo system going forward was decided at this point in time: Capcom decided to get rid of most light to medium combos and make V-Trigger activation cancelable from most normals, while previously it seemed like V-Trigger activation was mostly done raw (?), which I think might have played into the later complaints about lack of freedom and the characters being able to be played only as the developers envisioned.

That, and the emphasis on crush counters with making them give you V-meter and also working against backdashes and throws.

Also, it seems the absolutely boneheaded decision of making it impossible to do air specials unless you were jumping forward was made at this point in time, that's one of the things that always irrationally irritated me in this game.

There are also some changes that make sense: I'm not sure if kara-throws would have been any pleasant to have in SFV, and V-Reversals not reducing stun would have made defensive options in early SFV even more crap. I'm pretty sure the major selling point of V-Reversals for most of the game has been the stun reduction before anything else.

12 minutes ago, Phantom_Miria said:

Wait, what do you mean "I came back"?

You're You, and I'm me! And I never went away, so I can't be back.

Since I'm me, You're You, and everyone else is everyone else, then, logically, you should say that You came back, and not that I came back.

Let's not be absurd now. 🤔

An additional point for consideration. I can't react to posts on this forum. Everyone time I try it says You reacts.

13 hours ago, Phantom_Miria said:

I got curious and went on searching for stuff from the closed betas. It seems relevant anyway with SF6 being pretty close to this stage of development.

Aside from the individual characters getting nerfed (which kinda prepared the way for the very controlled kind of design that most characters ended up having in V), the biggest change I hear being talked about in these videos is the fact that SFV's combo system going forward was decided at this point in time: Capcom decided to get rid of most light to medium combos and make V-Trigger activation cancelable from most normals, while previously it seemed like V-Trigger activation was mostly done raw (?), which I think might have played into the later complaints about lack of freedom and the characters being able to be played only as the developers envisioned.

That, and the emphasis on crush counters with making them give you V-meter and also working against backdashes and throws.

Also, it seems the absolutely boneheaded decision of making it impossible to do air specials unless you were jumping forward was made at this point in time, that's one of the things that always irrationally irritated me in this game.

There are also some changes that make sense: I'm not sure if kara-throws would have been any pleasant to have in SFV, and V-Reversals not reducing stun would have made defensive options in early SFV even more crap. I'm pretty sure the major selling point of V-Reversals for most of the game has been the stun reduction before anything else.

Ah feels like ages since I saw Ryu use that cr.hp animation. There was a way to link st.hk into micro walk cr.hp in s1 but when they eventually changed the animation entirely for that move. Watching these videos reminded me about some juggles Chun used to have.

Vesper mentions that vt b+hk would only put the opponent in a juggle-able state if the tip of her kick hit the opponent. Iirc, this would only hit the opponent one time and let you juggle afterwards. The next beta phase, they changed it so that the opponent could be hit anywhere as long as they weren't so low that they would hit the ground before your recovery. This gave Chun lots easy juggles in the beta. Fast forward to full release, they removed those changes and brought back the initial properties of b+HK where she had to hit the opponent at the tip of her foot, causing one singular hit in vt activation into a full juggle. (anti air vt B+HK (1 hit), st.mp, hk legs xx super for most optimal damage)

Going back to Ryu, it's really funny that the developers removed any links into sweep but kept the throw oki he had. In season 2 he got a huge nerf from system changes and removal of throw oki. They gave him nothing in return and he sucked major ass for years after that. I think now he can link CH st.mp into sweep, but man. The issues with Ryu were so clear right from the beta.

Edited by elliephil