Stage Select

Street Fighter 6 Lounge: The FGC has a crack problem.

1 hour ago, Sonero said:

Man...we should cherish these good times. As soon as SF6 drops we'll all go back into chaos.

😭

Oh man, so many people are going to start posting long ass paragraphs about how great sfv actually was. 

Same as sf4 and especially 3s. 

8 hours ago, elliephil said:

The people that beg for Makoto are doing so only because of visuals, right? There's a lot of characters in sfv that played exactly like Makoto lol

I always liked the super aggressive angry girl vibe she gave off without being a villainous character. With her visuals I always kind of looked at it more like a design that had potential instead of one that they already nailed, so I think with the time jump being confirmed they could make a really cool version of her in SF6.

I'd also argue that there isn't really a character that plays like her. Seth has the Axe Kick but that's more or less it. G has the Rush Punches and the command grab that works as a combo starter, but doesn't really feel the same due to also having a fireball and being mostly designed around the V-System. Akira overall feels a bit similar in approach and when you land an EX shoulder in the corner, but again, not quite the same.

However, retroactively speaking, I'm glad she didn't make it into SFV because her toolset would probably have made her either really stupid or Capcom would have nerfed her to oblivion to avoid the former scenario. With SF6 having a multitude of defensive options that mirror the tools available in SF3 and SFIV, where she was strong but manageable, I think she'd be easier to balance while keeping her identity intact.

Curious what they are going to preview on the 13th. 

It's way too early i think for them to start talking about closed beta tests ( if they will have them at all ) or announce an actual release date but they are probably going to show another character and show a few matches while explaining game mechanics.  I hope they show a bit more of what's up with the "World tour mode" as well as potential customization for characters if there is one.

Guess some actual matches, maybe a couple of characters reveal (Cammy, Ken, Guile possible candidates, as we seen already ingame material of them) 

Would like see bit of customization of the official characters or character creation too 

Guess they will show bit of single player open world mode too, also they will repeat some already said shit

World Tour mode is still a big surprise for me. I honestly never expected Capcom to attempt something like this for SF.  It's gonna be a pretty cool way to unwind after grinding ranked/ training mode. 

I wonder how 'robust' it's gonna be. Even something like a Yakuza-lite would be pretty cool I'm obviously not expecting Elden Ring levels of open world lol. 

Character creation? Side quests? Boss fights against SF vets? 

Romance options? Will the people finally get what they've been asking for since SFV and literally be able to Fuck Rashid? 

22 minutes ago, Jocelot said:

World Tour mode is still a big surprise for me. I honestly never expected Capcom to attempt something like this for SF.  It's gonna be a pretty cool way to unwind after grinding ranked/ training mode. 

I'm assuming it's going to be a big overhaul of the World Tour mode in Alpha 3 on PS1 where you could upgrade your character stats and it rewarded you based on your playstyle. If I remember correctly, you could use those fighters in other game modes. I only ever really played it to unlock secret characters like Shin Gouki, Evil Ryu, and Guile. The introduction of online play with the SF6 world tour mode would be seriously amazing. Reminds me a bit of the progression system for Injustice 2, but hopefully with more customization.

This won't happen because DLC money sounds better ( and i can't blame them really, they are a business ) but imagine if you get to unlock certain parts of Metro city by completing said story in that particular area and by doing so you unlock a Final Fight character.

MetroCityMap.png

Since we have no FF characters in a game set in Metro City that would be pretty damn cool.

Like, complete West Side  and get Poison.

street-fighter-poison.gif

Edited by Skort
1 hour ago, Skort said:

This won't happen because DLC money sounds better ( and i can't blame them really, they are a business ) but imagine if you get to unlock certain parts of Metro city by completing said story in that particular area and by doing so you unlock a Final Fight character

The idea of character unlocks doesn't appeal to me whatsoever. I don't potentially have to play a mode I have no interest in to get my main 

What i think this "open world' mode will give is possible daily / weekly quests to get certain benefits and perks. 

Since this is Metro City i can definitely see Capcom making some sort of side content where you get to roam around on your created avatar and go and beat up bunch of thugs that are causing trouble in certain place of the city and keep the peace. It's no coincidence they showed your avatar being able to do a shoryuken in the trailer.

Whatever points / currency you get, you get to upgrade your actual main character for the fighting game itself  , buy costumes / colors for Ryu etc.

Edited by Skort
16 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

I always thought character unlocks were fine if there were multiple ways of getting them. Like I think I’m smash you could unlock a lot of characters by just doing things in multiplayer instead of doing single player stuff.

Nah. 

After doing the whole MvC2 roster multiple times over, nah.

They gotta stop with it. 

Unlocking all the characters for vanilla sf4 was not fun. At least with mvc2, there were ways to download save files and load it straight through the dreamcast. Having like 4 xbox setups, getting 4 copies of sf4, unlocking all the characters, and GOD FORBID you didn't have the one costume the random guy wanted... it was annoying.

But legit mvc2 grind is by far the worst hands down.

13 hours ago, ZioSerpe said:

It's ok, it works unlike SFV or 30th anniversary.
It is definitively a few step behind what we have in KI, Strive, TFH or anything done by code mystics.

Funny you mention that.
I have always thought that the netcode of MVCI was probably overblown due not many people playing the game to give an idea of how actually behaved, like with the SFV netcode that since a lot of people play the game, we have a bigger pool of people to get an idea of how it behaves.

13 hours ago, Phantom_Miria said:

That will be the time when we will fondly remember SFV's time as the time of true footsie based Street Fighter, right?

I will never understand how people let nostalgia warp the perception of the game they played.

Like, yeah, I enjoyed playing SFIV and SSFIV, but I wouldn't delude myself into forgetting that there were flaws within those games that made me not like playing them after Super.

Or how I liked BB Calamity Trigger, but I wouldn't pretend that the balance was busted and that it had mechanics like the guard libra that was utterly stupid.

9 minutes ago, Volt said:

Cosmetic unlocks are nice. I can see people not wanting character unlocks tho.

I gotta say tho... Fight Money was a pretty nice way to handle that, even if they didn't quite manage to fine-tune it. :coffee:

I'll take unlocks over my wallet any day of the week. I think Fight Money is dead unfortunately. So people that wanted to spend money will get their wish. Thanks guys.

Edit: With all the Survival Mode he did, @Doctrine_Darkwas probably the Scrooge McDuck of Fight Money.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
14 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I'll take unlocks over my wallet any day of the week. I think Fight Money is dead unfortunately. So people that wanted to spend money will get their wish. Thanks guys.

Edit: With all the Survival Mode he did, @Doctrine_Darkwas probably the Scrooge McDuck of Fight Money.

I had at least 3 burner accounts where I grinded out fight money from trials to buy incoming dlc characters lolol

I think the characters that are a surprise for me when it comes to the initial roster are : 

•  Honda. I actually expected this guy to not return at all in SF6 because from the WW i think he is one that they could afford not to add.
  • Blanka. While i actually expected him to return regardless of Ono leaving i definitely was not expecting him base roster.
  • Guile. No hate on the guy but i thought Sagat would take his spot this time around since he was late DLC while Guile would return as Season 1 or something.
  • Juri. You won't see me complaining about her being base roster that's for sure but i am honestly surprised Capcom did not use her as DLC bait.
  • Akuma. Same story, 100% DLC bait character but used for base.   I guess they really aiming for good impression overall when it comes to initial roster.
  • DJ. A surprise,but a good one. I don't mind seeing this guy return. Actually he lucked out not being in 5 lol.
Edited by Skort
13 minutes ago, Skort said:

I think the characters that are a surprise for me when it comes to the initial roster are : 

•  Honda. I actually expected this guy to not return at all in SF6 because from the WW i think he is one that they could afford not to add.
  • Blanka. While i actually expected him to return regardless of Ono leaving i definitely was not expecting him base roster.
  • Guile. No hate on the guy but i thought Sagat would take his spot this time around since he was late DLC while Guile would return as Season 1 or something.
  • Juri. You won't see me complaining about her being base roster that's for sure but i am honestly surprised Capcom did not use her as DLC bait.
  • Akuma. Same story, 100% DLC bait character but used for base.   I guess they really aiming for good impression overall when it comes to initial roster.
  • DJ. A surprise,but a good one. I don't mind seeing this guy return. Actually he lucked out not being in 5 lol.

I think Capcom is trying to avoid having DLC lineups too similar to SFV. Like Guile and Juri are too popular to be later season additions (imo), but it would also look weird to have them be season 1 DLC two games in a row. 

I think legacy characters that were in 5 early on will either be skipped in 6 or just added much later. Also expect to see a good amount of SFV newcomers as DLC. Like there is a 0% chance Laura isn’t added to the game. 

Btw guys, I got invited into a discord for Guilty Gear strive sweats. They do this crew battle thing where people draft players form the discord and then they run it as a team event:

One of these nuts drafted me so I'm probably gonna be playing in this sometime soon. If you guys have a twitter, if you could like and retweet that. Guy asked me nicely if I could retweet but I ain't got a twitter.

1 hour ago, Skort said:

Only real surprise for me is Dee Jay. Honda and Blanka are world warriors. Guile, Juri, and Akuma are popular. After the SFV launch debacle, I think Capcom wanted throw some really popular characters on the launch roster to draw people in from the jump. Akuma and Juri in particular will get a lot people to snatch the game up at launch.  Hell Juri is an instant sale for at least three of our regulars here. You, @AriesWarlockand @FengShuiEnergy

Edited by Darc_Requiem

@Yiceman

Possible, but i doubt it. 

There's no way they are going with ~ 16 base roster yet again after they got so much shit with V's launch. 

Besides, i get the general idea that Capcom is putting more love and effort into this particular project than the last, maybe they just want a really solid foundation for the game from the get go and will further expand upon it. DLC characters  will bring money for them sure, but it's not the only source of extra income, they stand to make A LOT of money via stuff like costumes / color packs. I always said that the shop in SFV was testing the waters, now they are expanding upon this and with a larger roster this increases their options for having multiple things to add for people to purchase in the long run.

Edited by Skort
13 minutes ago, Yiceman said:

Everyone seems to assume that the leaks we saw is the entire launch roster, but I think it's very possible we saw the launch + the first season of DLC in that lineup. 22 characters at launch is more than the last mainline SF games. So maybe 5-6 of them are DLC. You know they'd have them well into development before release.

Given how salty people were at them launching with 16 fighters with SFV, I'd hope they'd smart enough not to repeat that error. 

Edit: SFIV had 25 Characters at launch so 22 for SF6 isn't unreasonable.

Edited by Darc_Requiem