Stage Select

The SF6 Thread: Mena Won Evo Japan!

27 minutes ago, elliephil said:

It takes forever to set up too. We had to set up a PS4 at locals for SF6 and it required downloading the game and then the offline versus portion separate, including an account creation. This was all while using the venues public wifi. It sucked lol.

Switch to pc and tell PS4 to go fuck itself 

29 minutes ago, FengShuiEnergy said:

Just so I'm up to date. The only new mechanics are DI and DP right? Backdashes have no invincibility still or give no CH property and are only throw invincible AND grounded the whole time right? Also no I-frames on regular specials?

Drive Gauge abilities are Impact, Parry, Reversal, and Rush. These abilities bear a resemblance to key abilities in past games but there are significant differences here in 6 that make them work differently. 

You’re correct on backdashes afaik. 

Yes generally reversals are limited to overdrives and super arts. Meterless DPs still beat jumpins and there might be other niche examples like i think Ken’s run DP has i-frames.

25 minutes ago, TWINBLADES said:

Not extremely pleased that you have to pay real for the music, and it’s the only thing in the pack remotely interesting to me.

how do premium battle passes work generally? Do you have to pay money in advance just for the option to earn the rewards (but it’s still on you to earn them or not)?

also, I hope the free rewards include drive tickets. I need more colours

Edited by Mattatsu
38 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

Drive Gauge abilities are Impact, Parry, Reversal, and Rush. These abilities bear a resemblance to key abilities in past games but there are significant differences here in 6 that make them work differently. 

You’re correct on backdashes afaik. 

Yes generally reversals are limited to overdrives and super arts. Meterless DPs still beat jumpins and there might be other niche examples like i think Ken’s run DP has i-frames.

Yeah I am aware that the drive gauge is the "new meter gauge" but in terms of SF6 "new" mechanics it's basically DI and DP right?

That's kinda lame.

I'm getting serious SF5 vibes from this.

5 minutes ago, Mattatsu said:

also, I hope the free rewards include drive tickets. I need more colours

I think that's my one major gripe right now with SF6 tbh. I wish more colors were unlocked by default. Base color and 1 alt are kinda lame, especially if you aren't playing on your own account. Sometimes you associate certain color schemes to certain players, doesn't feel right to see everyone rocking base colors in tournaments

19 minutes ago, FengShuiEnergy said:

Yeah I am aware that the drive gauge is the "new meter gauge" but in terms of SF6 "new" mechanics it's basically DI and DP right?

That's kinda lame.

Drive Rush is a pretty big deal. The added frame advantage opens up more combos. The additional frame advantage it grants makes combos that wont' work otherwise possible. 

3 hours ago, Mattatsu said:

Regarding the battle pass, in hindsight I’m glad it doesn’t have colours and outfits.

I was worried those were going to be limited-time offerings only received through battle passes.

instead, I’m assuming they will be individual shop items, which is my preference anyway

Yeah, that Premium Pass makes it very easy to just completely ignore it IMO, which is absolutely the best-case scenario I can think of regarding Battlepasses.

4 hours ago, FengShuiEnergy said:

That has got to be a typo for SF4 and or is massive trolling.  Bleeding to crush counters until V-Trigger cancel is just about the only mechanics it doesn't have.

Even then, there's no links smaller than 5f window nor crouch tech os nor vortex nonsense.

Are you having a shit week irl or what?

49 minutes ago, Pair of Rooks said:

That has got to be a typo for SF4 and or is massive trolling.  Bleeding to crush counters until V-Trigger cancel is just about the only mechanics it doesn't have.

Even then, there's no links smaller than 5f window nor crouch tech os nor vortex nonsense.

Are you having a shit week irl or what?

No, just what I'm feeling. Doesn't help Juri didn't get a reverse special move revert.

7 hours ago, Mattatsu said:

how do premium battle passes work generally? Do you have to pay money in advance just for the option to earn the rewards (but it’s still on you to earn them or not)?

Most of the time the BPs expire after about a month.

Even if you pay money, if you don't play to advance through the levels - the unclaimed content is just gone. Only a few games do it where battle passes are either permanent (Halo Infinite) or their stuff is moved elsewhere (Deep Rock Galactic) 

So basically it's a grind either way, and if for whatever reason you can't dedicate time to the game - you're throwing 10-15 bucks out the window 

Edited by -PVL93-
13 hours ago, Doctrine_Dark said:

Fukk Street Fighter 1.

I hate it when someone tries to make me believe they really like and enjoyed playing the original SF1 in the 80's arcade.

When there's tons of better responsive karateka like games in the arcade back them like Kung Fu Master, Karate Champ and Yie Ar Kung-Fu, 

then there age was like along 26-28 in 2010 lol

I played several version of SF1 the arcade(MAME), Capcom Arcade Hits V1 on CD, the dos, the pc engine and amiga.

The most responsive controls is the MUGEN version haha

Edited by Shakunetsu
3 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

IIRC Misterbee said the issue was on the Twitter side. I don't really post much on other forums at this point, but that's good to know. Maybe it's a difference in the forum's software platform? 🤔

Most likely.

Here's tweets embedded just yesterday

https://www.resetera.com/threads/starfield-controller-and-headset-coming-today.728820/post-107144241

SF6 World Tour story mode DONE. Man things were going great until I ran into Psycho Bosch and right after he forced me to use up all my healing items and buffs, then came JP to pick up the scraps. 16 continues later, he finally went down.

Nakayama was in his Neogeo boss bag when it came to Psycho Bosch. What the heck is with that inescapable Deadly Rave move!?

2 minutes ago, Psychoblue said:

Nakayama was in his Neogeo boss bag when it came to Psycho Bosch. What the heck is with that inescapable Deadly Rave move!?

Nah the deadly rave is the key to getting damage and makes the fight easy.  It's the same every time:

Unblockable > mid > low > overhead > drive impact

Just jump the first hit, block all the rest, and when he goes for DI you counter DI.  Free damage.

Also if you can get only the first hit of his DP to hit he's punishable since the followup won't connect and has  lots of recovery.

1 minute ago, misterBee said:

Nah the deadly rave is the key to getting damage and makes the fight easy.  It's the same every time:

Unblockable > mid > low > overhead > drive impact

Just jump the first hit, block all the rest, and when he goes for DI you counter DI.  Free damage.

Also if you can get only the first hit of his DP to hit he's punishable since the followup won't connect and has  lots of recovery.

I know, I kept getting anti-aired by the unblockable because the startup timing felt inconsistent based on where I was. 

Finally got some time to play this game and lab Blanka for a bit. I was going to play for 5 minutes and then lament how weak he is and how he needs buffs, but he seems pretty damn strong in this version. In fact, the sheer number of his offensive options is pretty overwhelming. Great Blanka ball very safe on block, quick recovery for throw shenanigans, full screen command grab, great pokes, Blanka chan trickery, backstep roll shenanigans, new airborne ball, etc., etc.

Seeing how there's no longer any SRK character threads, can anyone direct me towards a reputable combo page? I'm getting too old to figure this stuff out on my own. @Voltwhere do you get your tech for our favorite character?

Delay Throw/Parry OS

This was in some other games but I made a video showing how to do it in Street Fighter 6.

Input: block (wait) throw~parry

Ideally you want to enter this OS during blockstun.

True strings will be blocked.

Non-delayed throws will be teched.

Untrue strings (ones with gaps), will be parried.

The main reason this all works is because the throw tech is input during blockstun which will allow it to only be used defensively and not be counter hit in these situations. If you are delaying it properly, you will block first, tech second, parry third. The parry comes out during gaps in pressure where the throw can no longer come out.

This very obviously will lose to delayed attacks that target the OS inputs (shimmying).

Edited by elliephil