Stage Select

The SF6 Thread: Mena Won Evo Japan!

1 hour ago, elliephil said:

Delay Throw/Parry OS

This was in some other games but I made a video showing how to do it in Street Fighter 6.

Input: block (wait) throw~parry

Ideally you want to enter this OS during blockstun.

True strings will be blocked.

Non-delayed throws will be teched.

Untrue strings (ones with gaps), will be parried.

The main reason this all works is because the throw tech is input during blockstun which will allow it to only be used defensively and not be counter hit in these situations. If you are delaying it properly, you will block first, tech second, parry third. The parry comes out during gaps in pressure where the throw can no longer come out.

This very obviously will lose to delayed attacks that target the OS inputs (shimmying).

You, an intellectual:

Me: 

IMG_1700.thumb.jpeg.78fef8329f7da133522b8d033ca337e6.jpeg

7 hours ago, Frost said:

Joke wants to play you 🙂

I'll be on later if the heat doesn't kill me

2 hours ago, Bigtochiro said:

Finally hit diamond rank in sf6 which is odd took me 10 days not bad. Now I can play world tour mode in peace😃 and this game feel like sf4 and 3 but in a okay way.

DIS NINJA IS DIAMOND ALREADY!?!?!? NO HE'S GOOD AT SF HE AIN'T JUST A LURKER OH GOD!!!!!!!!

I haven't really played too much ranked but I'm starting to try and climb out of platinum now that I'm comfortable with the game and learned a few things. It takes soooooo long to get the points but at least the matches come quickly. Does the points multiplier thing happen in platinum when you go on win streaks?

1 hour ago, elliephil said:

I haven't really played too much ranked but I'm starting to try and climb out of platinum now that I'm comfortable with the game and learned a few things. It takes soooooo long to get the points but at least the matches come quickly. Does the points multiplier thing happen in platinum when you go on win streaks?

No. The multiplier doesn't apply in platinum. You have to grind your way to diamond

14 hours ago, TWINBLADES said:

DIS NINJA IS DIAMOND ALREADY!?!?!? NO HE'S GOOD AT SF HE AIN'T JUST A LURKER OH GOD!!!!!!!!

@BigtochiroCarried our Dojo fam. We need to get him our Megashock club. 

14 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

SF5 is still hanging in there

Street Fighter V - Steam Charts

Doing better than USFIV was doing before/at the time of SFV's launch. 👀

https://steamcharts.com/app/45760

6 minutes ago, ToreyBeans said:

Anyone know what I'm the world is happening with the SF subreddit? It was set to private and there's no way to get to it. Had some decent discussion there...

https://www.engadget.com/reddit-will-charge-companies-for-api-access-citing-ai-training-concerns-184935783.html

Some Reddit sections have been set to private as a form of protest. Tomorrow ends the protest.

Edited by AriesWarlock

Heard on the grapevine that Smug is polling his tens of thousands of followers about our lord and savior.

I hope you are all voting with your conscious for the right thing or you may be eternally damned to Street Fighter hell - fighting a revolving door of modern Kens and losing each time! :bison:

Think Cammy might be underrated. She can dash up and be +2 after MK spiral arrow. Her st.mk is long enough to fight the people who have cancelable st.mks.

Also,

image.thumb.png.fa39b0aaed826f8423ae4eca69aa0a3a.png

Can't really think of many Anime game ideas that I liked seeing in SF5. Almost all of them ended up being unenjoyable, shitty things to deal with. Now we got Kim with spray can set ups and blanka doll stuff. Wonder how long until people wise up to those things being garbage too?

1 hour ago, Sonero said:

Think Cammy might be underrated. She can dash up and be +2 after MK spiral arrow. Her st.mk is long enough to fight the people who have cancelable st.mks.

Topanga had her mid tier until mago updated it and put her top 5. 

Imagine a speedwalking love letter to frame data possessing a DP and a lowcrush command grab that lols at Drive Parry The Destroyer Of Mixups might not be a great character.

Even if her damage is poor so she needs an extra touch, I sure hope her tools allow winning that touch in neutral, poor girl. Poor, poor girl.

Thing about this game is that you can't do single hit hitconfirms. So she isn't balling like she was in CvS2/SF5. Rest of the cast has equally good normals too. She doesn't have the upclose frame data of SF4 either.

From some games I played with Sha, she feels like cammy on some sides and very SF6 in a lot of the rest. Cancelable St.Lk is really good for the cancel into arrow and being able to drive rush into combo from it. Need to see what's up with her drive gauge use. her Drive Impact felt bad, neutral drive rush felt okayish (maybe its better for whiff punishes since that's where she gets some beefy stuff).

She has one weird quirk that's kind of annoying. Her target combo can sometimes not come out properly on the first hit. I swear that I'm holding back to go for it but get regular st.mp instead.

3 minutes ago, Sonero said:

She has one weird quirk that's kind of annoying. Her target combo can sometimes not come out properly on the first hit. I swear that I'm holding back to go for it but get regular st.mp instead.

There's been a lot of FGC heads on Twitter suggesting that there's something buggy eating inputs in this game. 

I don't know how real it is, but the talk about it is definitely a thing.

1 hour ago, Sonero said:

Thing about this game is that you can't do single hit hitconfirms. So she isn't balling like she was in CvS2/SF5. Rest of the cast has equally good normals too. She doesn't have the upclose frame data of SF4 either.

From some games I played with Sha, she feels like cammy on some sides and very SF6 in a lot of the rest. Cancelable St.Lk is really good for the cancel into arrow and being able to drive rush into combo from it. Need to see what's up with her drive gauge use. her Drive Impact felt bad, neutral drive rush felt okayish (maybe its better for whiff punishes since that's where she gets some beefy stuff).

Most Cammy I played ain't afraid to dump all their drive in a single combo. Being in burnout must not fuck up Cammy like it does with other characters.

The pressure she gets from target combo is fake. The HP,HK target I've some Cammy players do can be jabbed when they go for the cancel. Don't let yourself be pressured by it.

4 hours ago, Sonero said:

Also,

image.thumb.png.fa39b0aaed826f8423ae4eca69aa0a3a.png

Can't really think of many Anime game ideas that I liked seeing in SF5. Almost all of them ended up being unenjoyable, shitty things to deal with. Now we got Kim with spray can set ups and blanka doll stuff. Wonder how long until people wise up to those things being garbage too?

This guy is taking things way too seriously.  Not sure why he's getting triggered so easily, those anime jokes have been around forever.  There's stupid shit said about every game he really didn't need to post an essay on the topic.  

5 minutes ago, HeavensCloud said:

Not sure why he's getting triggered so easily, those anime jokes have been around forever.

The thing I've found about anime is that since its easy to steam roll people through lab worked offense. You can really beyond optimize any one opening you get into absurdity TBH. Doesn't mean you don't need to have good neutral or fundamentals. But if you looked at being an FG player like that weird hexagonal pie chart of attributes SF5 would give you, you can kinda get away with being fraudulent more often than not in ASW games.

If the movement options are better than better than the tools to stop the movement, things get goofy really fast in games. Hell one of the most common complaints from a section of the player base is them being bad that they were anti aired with a DP.  Dudes go to the air with 3 air actions and multiple ways to change their jump arcs and get mad if you manage to AA them.  You know shit is goofy when a character already has a bunch of movement options and the players using them tell you, without a hint of irony, that there character needs a move to beat anti airs.

I don't know man, a section of them dudes are weird. The way they rationalize was okay and was bullshit legitimately makes no sense half the time. Which is probably likely from having to deal with ASW patches that also make about as much sense as they do as a group.

36 minutes ago, AriesWarlock said:

And one @Volt needs.

Volt has done some soul-searching and found Blanka-sama. He opened up his heart to the Green Lord and now he fully devotes himself to be the best Blanka player he can be. He's probably labbing as we speak while reciting prayers and heaping praise unto Jimmy. Volt wandered in the darkness, but now his soul is saved. Bless him.