Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread

10 hours ago, Jocelot said:

Doesn't help that they gave X such a lame voice too, especially coming off the badass alpha AF X we got from Maverick Hunter X, X8 and Command Mission. aka Mark Gatha, aka Domon Kasshu. 

In fact, MvCI's X was voiced by the dude who voiced Dan Hibiki. Dan Hibiki. It's literally the Virgin X vs the Chad X meme but for voices.

I was pretty disappointed with X's implementation. Some of his stuff is alright, but I feel like they should've went all-out with his moveset like they did with Dante. It was pretty lame how X had to be stationary when charging the Buster while Zero could move around. That was so ass backwards...

13 hours ago, Mattatsu said:

We had a crazy wind storm here today and our powered flickered on and off a bunch. I wasn’t feeling well and was in bed all day and it never occurred to me to unplug anything... haven’t tried my PS4 yet but my work laptop is acting all kinds of fucked up. After about an hour of trying, I finally got into Windows and am backing up all of my work onto a USB stick, because I have some files that would take me a week or so to recreate and I have dozens of them. It seems like that’s going okay, but I opened up outlook in the meantime, and it seems my inbox is corrupted or some shit. Because that’s hosted on a server somewhere (my phone has access to it too) all should be well, but man, I never took the time to backup this shit (because I don’t have the time to tbh) but this will crush me if I lose any of this shit. The few hours it would have taken to back this stuff up every month or so, is definitely worthwhile, even if I have to do it on my weekends

No dammit! In seriousness, it's annoying how prevalent this problem is. Not enough people are effectively taught the virtue of backing up your files and why. Too many of my friends have lost too many files and folders this way. Curse you, electricity!

7 minutes ago, Shakunetsu said:

What do you guys think about Tech Rolls 

---------------------------------------------------

Cool stuff. As far as tech rolls go, you'll have to be more specific, but if you mean the rolls on wake-up, I'm in support of the way SF4 and 3rd Strike does them. Anime games too. Pretty much anything that isn't a button input is fine by me - if it's done the way of SFV. I just think that as long as it's not anime, tech roll should be a direction and only one animation per character: back. Otherwise normal getup is ok.

1 hour ago, Dayaan said:

No dammit! In seriousness, it's annoying how prevalent this problem is. Not enough people are effectively taught the virtue of backing up your files and why. Too many of my friends have lost too many files and folders this way. Curse you, electricity!

I agree. Part of the problem is I’m overloaded at work. I’m salary and am not supposed to be working more than 40 hours, and they tell not to, but there’s no way I can keep up with my work within those 40 hours, so I have to work longer to keep on top of things, but because I don’t get paid anymore, I get annoyed and don’t spend the extra few hours to do things like back ups and other administrative things I should be doing. Also, they know all of this but have no solutions that really help me.

thankfully everything backed up onto a USB stick and everything seems okay. For some reason, my outlook inbox on my computer is completely fucked though, but I can manage it with the web app and my phone, until tech support figures out what’s wrong.

Edited by Mattatsu
28 minutes ago, Dayaan said:

Cool stuff. As far as tech rolls go, you'll have to be more specific, but if you mean the rolls on wake-up, I'm in support of the way SF4 and 3rd Strike does them. Anime games too. Pretty much anything that isn't a button input is fine by me - if it's done the way of SFV. I just think that as long as it's not anime, tech roll should be a direction and only one animation per character: back. Otherwise normal getup is ok.

SFV can be button inputs or direction. I’m pretty sure a backroll is just Back as you hit the ground (or slightly before?)

19 minutes ago, Vhozite said:
Spoiler

This is the best doll

image0.png

All these other guys using their fists like clowns, meanwhile Fevrier always has that thang on her 🔫

2nd Favorite Doll because I’m ninja-sexual

image0.png

Though really I like all the dolls. I wish the ones besides Cammy got more gameplay attention. 

BuT tHeY'rE uSiNg WeApOnS, tHiS iS sO nOt Sf DoOd, KeEp ThIs ShIt OuT oF mY sF aNd GiVe Me ToNfA cHaRaCtEr!!

I remember these discussions lol, was fun to read.

Also the best FG Weapon is a Chair and I don't mean wrestling Chair, I mean a solid wooden Chair, where one would plant his butt to relax.

spacer.png

Sorry wrong attack. I mean this.

spacer.png

What do you guys think about the early Darkstalkers Projectile Game Mechanics?

"Projectile Battles:
When two projectiles (eg, fireballs) clash, they "fight" for dominance instead of just cancelling each other out. Which one wins is based on strength of attack used and timing of it's launch.:

When two projectiles are thrown towards each other, the strength of the button used overrides the other projectile.
-"Weaker" projectiles lose to "stronger" ones (eg, LP fireball losing to MP and so on), unless the weaker one is thrown after.)
-Projectiles of the same strength thrown at the same time will cancel each other out,  

-The one fired later will override the one thrown earlier. If two projectiles of equal strength .

The more distance a projectile travels until it connects, the less damage it does. This goes for specials"

Unlike other fighting games, in which two colliding fireball-type attacks cancel each other out or pass right by each other, Darkstalkers features a new missile attack priority system. Each projectile has a certain momentum which is equal to the maximum possible distance minus the distance traveled.

In general:

For example, if two Demitris throw two Chaos Flares, but one is performed with  and the other one with , then the  one will override the  Flare.

1. Is it to complicated?

2. Does it give depth?

3. What's the terrible part?

4. Is it interesting?

5. Does it makes projectile war not very Fighting Game?

Edited by Shakunetsu
58 minutes ago, Shakunetsu said:

What do you guys think about the early Darkstalkers Projectile Game Mechanics?

"Projectile Battles:
When two projectiles (eg, fireballs) clash, they "fight" for dominance instead of just cancelling each other out. Which one wins is based on strength of attack used and timing of it's launch.:

When two projectiles are thrown towards each other, the strength of the button used overrides the other projectile.
-"Weaker" projectiles lose to "stronger" ones (eg, LP fireball losing to MP and so on), unless the weaker one is thrown after.)
-Projectiles of the same strength thrown at the same time will cancel each other out,  

-The one fired later will override the one thrown earlier. If two projectiles of equal strength .

The more distance a projectile travels until it connects, the less damage it does. This goes for specials"

Unlike other fighting games, in which two colliding fireball-type attacks cancel each other out or pass right by each other, Darkstalkers features a new missile attack priority system. Each projectile has a certain momentum which is equal to the maximum possible distance minus the distance traveled.

In general:

For example, if two Demitris throw two Chaos Flares, but one is performed with  and the other one with , then the  one will override the  Flare.

1. Is it to complicated?

2. Does it give depth?

3. What's the terrible part?

4. Is it interesting?

5. Does it makes projectile war not very Fighting Game?

This is straight up garbage and it can only result in abominations like Alpha 3's Fireballs.

2 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Guns equal instant Nah for me. Even though I liked her attitude.

Hey I respect it. Like I was saying I’d take any of them except the broad with the laptop. 

We gotta have 5 playable shotos and every world warrior in every game but the only doll in SFV is Cammy...even when the other dolls have a couple unique moves and models already in the files 🙄