Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread

Guys. Is there any way to make a page display more posts over here? 

Btw Queen's Gambit is an awesome show. I thought the actress was weird looking at first and by the end, her looks grew on me and I'm like she's sexy asf. 

Edited by Edmund

Holy shit I've been away for a while but these Capcom leaks.

People are saying Capcom was talking about  their games having more diversity and SF6 ditching the sexy for the girls!?

SF6 is also gonna be on everything!?!?

Man if we get top tier netcode+crossplay on everything like fucking Fortnight every other fighting game is gonna be on literal suicide watch lol

16 minutes ago, TWINBLADES_SRK said:

Holy shit I've been away for a while but these Capcom leaks.

People are saying Capcom was talking about  their games having more diversity and SF6 ditching the sexy for the girls!?

SF6 is also gonna be on everything!?!?

Man if we get top tier netcode+crossplay on everything like fucking Fortnight every other fighting game is gonna be on literal suicide watch lol

And don't forget the wifi indicator to filter those filthy wifi peasants out of the MM 

10 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Yes and held that L.

I can't be arsed to remember wtf my point of view was at the moment (or dig it up from one from one of the SRK lounges). But the guy is constantly making wack content about twitter drama. 

Not really sure how much hype there is behind getting acknowledged by him.

Just remembered too, he had ads on for that video too.

Edited by Sonero
7 minutes ago, Sonero said:

I can't be arsed to remember wtf my point of view was at the moment (or dig it up from one from one of the SRK lounges). But the guy is constantly making wack content about twitter drama. 

Not really sure how much hype there is behind getting acknowledged by him.

Just remembered too, he had ads on for that video too.

Now that I'm a YouTube Partner, maybe I can mooch off his fans for an extra 25 cents a month.  

3 hours ago, Sonero said:

Isnt that the idiot who did a reaction video to the madden shooting?

This is really fucked up but the idea that someone would ever think this was a good idea is straight comedy 😂

Reaction videos are all dumb by definition but that is next level foolishness lmao

Edited by Vhozite
1 hour ago, Sonero said:

Nah, you play games. In order to be a successful FGC personality you basically have to play no games. Sajam beats most other US pros on twitch and the dude gets on games like once in a blue moon. that ish is hilarious.

To be fair, people tune in to streams of people doing the most menial shit.  Sajam is a pretty charismatic FGC personality.   Even if he's just talking about FGC related things versus actually playing.  

Killgore can't do chip.

He is still a monster. 

The lack of chip is only a problem when certain characters have nothing else to compensate for it, which means part of their game plan just doesn't work. As much as I want to complain about SFV, DBFZ is the biggest offender in this regard.

1 hour ago, HeavensCloud said:

To be fair, people tune in to streams of people doing the most menial shit.  Sajam is a pretty charismatic FGC personality.   Even if he's just talking about FGC related things versus actually playing.  

I dont know about charismatic. Haven't heard a bad word said about him, so the dude must be a hella stand up guy and all that but...squigga you gotta play. I heard he was really solid at Killer Instinct too (this from a guy I know who is hella good).  

In general though, FGC stuff that's mostly talky talky claptrap irks me. The guy who edits the Panda Global vids, Spininfinite, does a great job making their people entertaining on youtube while keeping the content pretty FGCish. Listening to punk talk about Japanese SFL is  😂/10. 

Brian F has been putting up some hella good vids too. Sajam vids, vy comparison, are jist nasally nonsense without half the personality Jiyuna puts to it.

Its what kids like though. Hella silly how he always has SF5 as the stream game and is just yapping it up. Like c'mon guy, just move to Just Chattin' and wear a lowcut t-shirt.

4 minutes ago, Sonero said:

Brian F has been putting up some hella good vids too. Sajam vids, vy comparison, are jist nasally nonsense without half the personality Jiyuna puts to it.

Its what kids like though. Hella silly how he always has SF5 as the stream game and is just yapping it up. Like c'mon guy, just move to Just Chattin' and wear a lowcut t-shirt.

Sadly when I did my online locals for SFVCE during the early parts of lockdown, no one tuned in for them.  SFxT has been my most consistently drawing content over than the odd SC2 and BFTG video exploding.  

33 minutes ago, Sonero said:

I dont know about charismatic. Haven't heard a bad word said about him, so the dude must be a hella stand up guy and all that but...squigga you gotta play. I heard he was really solid at Killer Instinct too (this from a guy I know who is hella good).  

In general though, FGC stuff that's mostly talky talky claptrap irks me. The guy who edits the Panda Global vids, Spininfinite, does a great job making their people entertaining on youtube while keeping the content pretty FGCish. Listening to punk talk about Japanese SFL is  😂/10. 

Sajam is like Maximillian lite.  So I'm guessing you don't like Max either? lol

I don't watch his streams but some of his youtube vids are good, imo.  I don't really see a difference with what he's putting out versus what Jiyuna is doing, besides Jiyuna being more edgy.  

Edited by HeavensCloud
1 minute ago, HeavensCloud said:

So I'm guessing you don't like Max either? lol

The overwhelming majority of Maximillian's content isn't FGC stuff, its FG stuff for casuals. That's fine but it isn't really for me.

It kinda sucks in that this scene has always had great personalities that drag you in. Finally we're sort of getting content that showcases that. The best was Excellent Adventures. But now between Daigo's translations, the stuff with Punk, Wong etc, you're slowly trickling in what makes playing FGs every day fun.

33 minutes ago, Sonero said:

The overwhelming majority of Maximillian's content isn't FGC stuff, its FG stuff for casuals. That's fine but it isn't really for me.

It kinda sucks in that this scene has always had great personalities that drag you in. Finally we're sort of getting content that showcases that. The best was Excellent Adventures. But now between Daigo's translations, the stuff with Punk, Wong etc, you're slowly trickling in what makes playing FGs every day fun.

Speaking of great personalities.  I really wish Aris was into SFV.  Or more 2D games in general.  The stuff he did for the Tekken 7 community was amazing.  

37 minutes ago, Yiceman said:

Unlocked the new Cammy costume, and playing her a bit for the first time since season 2. Forgot how easy it was to do operate her basic gameplan at lower levels.

Me playing Cammy: 

s.mp>s.hp

Am I’m range for another s.hp despite -3?

Hit s.hp regardless (counter hit)

Poorly spaced EX Dive as soon as I get a bar

Mash cr.hp when you get VT

SPIIIRAAAL ARROW

GET DOWN

Repeat

5 hours ago, HeavensCloud said:

Speaking of great personalities.  I really wish Aris was into SFV.  Or more 2D games in general.  The stuff he did for the Tekken 7 community was amazing.  

Aris opinion on SFV is somewhat between "it is shit" and "It's so bad, you better off not playing at all."

At least he ain't one of these hypocrites who complain 24/7 about this game and still play it all the time.

12 minutes ago, Sonero said:

Street Fighter 6 announced. Also other games, images is from the leaks so don't click it unless you don't want to read some 2022 hype:

Hide contents

1605794568509.thumb.png.744795a05e037f8bf32ab56a0b7a8ff9.png

Lets hope the RE4 Remake won't be as bad as the RE3 Remake.

If they butcher my favorite game of the series, I'm gonna play Doomguy in Capcoms Office.

3 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

They just released an Onimusha remaster last year IIRC. Sometimes that indicates a new title in the works.

The Onimusha remaster might have been a way for Capcom to test the waters for a new game. I'm not gonna believe it until it's formally announced with a gameplay trailer. 

5 minutes ago, GetTheTables said:

I am skeptical as that list is a little "wish list-y". 

However there is enough that is in Capcom's wheelhouse that I could see it happening. With covid half that shit isn't coming out until 2022 anyways.

Check the Discord pinned messages. I just posted Capcom's timeline for their games, and it's more detailed than what's here. Actually Pertho also got that screenshot from me, but I've found more. Big wins all around, including games like Final Fight and Power Stone.

Edited by Dayaan
5 minutes ago, GetTheTables said:

I am skeptical as that list is a little "wish list-y". 

However there is enough that is in Capcom's wheelhouse that I could see it happening. With covid half that shit isn't coming out until 2022 anyways.

All kinds of stuff is “worked on” to some extent but never makes it far and we never hear about it.

it is possible that the leak simple contains some of that stuff.

Edited by FlyingVe

Yeah I guess the way Ve puts it is closer to how I feel.

If you could see the whiteboards at any place you'd probably see ideas/pitches/prototypes/slices for everything your heart desires. That is part and parcel of keeping the work flow going.

After many years of watching video games news, I'm at the point of "tell me when I can buy it, thanks". Bonus points if it is actually good. A new entry/revival doesn't do anyone any good if it is shitty. 🙂 (Though in Capcom's case at least they did right by RE2/RE3).