Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread

Just give me the buxom goddess Soul Power-wielding Rose so that I can party online again and hopefully take part some event where I can show her off. 

SOUL SPIRAL!! 

Spoiler

Ey. Maybe SFV will break the mold and have play more like an ST/SFA2 character where her walk speed is fast, she actually has some active frames on her normals, SFA2 2MP dick punch, etc. 

That ain't happenin'. It would just be ballsy as fuck. 

5 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

I mean it wouldn’t be a terrible strategy if they had something hype worth revealing.

Old footage of cornball ass Dan is NOT it lol. 

Exactly, if they at least released something new, then it would be a sensible marketing strategy (if so tasteless for some).

The problem is that it never is with them.

Be an announcement for Tekken, DBFZ, GBFVS, GGS, etc, they always release a non announcement to try to bring attention to SFV.

Sometimes re releasing old stuff rearranged, or just announcing an announcement.

14 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

Competitively, I have seen no one excited for Dan. On places like Twitter and YouTube comments? People are ecstatic. I remember a group of people jumping on a guy who said why make a purposely bad character this late into the game.

By this point, mostly the only people engaging on social media are fans/fanboys, so is not surprising that they are very loud on them.

It is funny how they claim to love seeing Dan back, but we all know they will be back to maining Ken (other shotos) or the waifu of their choice, IF, they are stll playing SFV, or have the game at all 😂

26 minutes ago, HeavensCloud said:

Weren't you using Lowain in GBVS?   I could definitely see you picking up Dan lol.  

Yeah, I love goofy characters. Up until the DLC came, Lowain was the only character I was interested in. Helps that he was unique and had Scrubkiller Yggy.

For Dan? I think the novelty’s warn off for me. I wasn’t excited to see him be the first character in the send-off season. In the end, he’s just a terrible shoto, an archetype I don’t really have fun with it. Maybe I’ll be one of the last Dan player if he’s any interesting.

Edited by BornWinner
23 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

They need to add a Rousey indicator to online play. That way you can block anyone using Rhonda's voice 😉

Is Rousey’s voice acting really that bad? I’ve played a decent amount of 11 and Sonya’s lines have never jumped out as bad to me. In fact I don’t even remember what she even sounds like. Or is that the point? 

12 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

Is Rousey’s voice acting really that bad? I’ve played a decent amount of 11 and Sonya’s lines have never jumped out as bad to me. In fact I don’t even remember what she even sounds like. Or is that the point? 

Yes. Especially at the time MK11 announced her as voice actor. The main issue is that the VA already has a odd reputation, even in her own circles in the fighting ring. She has a base for sure but her reputation is still somewhat schizophrenic or... just... irregular. Inconsistent. 

I could explain further but I am afraid most people have already done the same. 

27 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

That is kind of the point. 😉

I think it was just bad stunt casting for how Sonya fit into MK11s story mode. Her character had some fairly significant moments that were made markedly shittier due to Rousey's deadass line delivery. 

That was the main thing that bugged me in terms of her performance. Don't really care about it in terms of the face modeling or match stuff.

9 minutes ago, GetTheTables said:

That is kind of the point. 😉

I think it was just bad stunt casting for how Sonya fit into MK11s story mode. Her character had some fairly significant moments that were made markedly shittier due to Rousey's deadass line delivery. 

That was the main thing that bugged me in terms of her performance. Don't really care about it in terms of the face modeling or match stuff.

She's only the VA not the face model for the character.

@Vhozite i didn't notice her bad VA work during the fight intros and stuff so much, but it is attrocious in the story mode where there’s a lot more emotion and such.

Every one around her is delivering their lines well and you forget that it’s acting and you’re just paying attention to the story, and then she talks, and you see a terrible voice actor at work.

It’s very much like when you see a real bad actor acting and it takes you out of the scene because it’s so obvious that they're acting (and doing it poorly)... I never thought a bad voice actor could have the same effect, but she found a way.

46 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

Ehh, last i checked her likeness was used for the Sonya model, she is both the voice and face.

Sonya's face model is not Ronda Rousey. She is one of the few characters that hasn't had their face model confirmed. 

ElxFBDRWMAQFHk5.jpg

Side note: I didn't realize Sheeva had a face model. She looks way better than Sheeva.

Spoiler

Screenshot-2015-12-07-08.31.43.png

Nik-Stewart-h736x1k07zxaneku-bg.jpg

1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Now.....here is Bridgette Wilson

“HEY, that cheap beer is my dad!”  from Cassie makes me laugh every time. 

I’d watched like half of each video, and Rousey’s VA is definitely flat as a board, but honestly it’s not so bad that I’d notice it without it being pointed out. Doesn’t help that her lines are pretty dry. 

The 2nd VA sounds a bit better in that it sounds like she has a personality, but I also think she sounds kind of off in some lines? Idk I think listening to her speak over and over made it sound weird after a while. 

Truth be told tho with both VA’s I still find the character drier than my mouth after eating a KFC biscuit with no drink.

7 minutes ago, mykka said:

Damn, Sheeva got nerfed hard ingame

Jacqui got nerfed. She's not back looking in game but her face model far more attractive IMO. Frost got hit hard too. Sheeva is understandable. They are taking a human face and applying it to a non human character. It's weird some characters Johnny Cage, Kitana, Jade, Liu Kang, Scorpion, and Sub-Zero are dead on.

Man remember when NRS games were notorious for their ugly ass faces? They've come a long way. Who woulda thought the secret was to ctrl+C>ctrl+X already hot people onto 3d models. Whatever doesn't matter to me, people like me who like to play on both teams win out in the end.