Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread

3 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

Had to end it with the instant kill. Don’t worry about taking off early, I had fun.

Appreciate for using Kum as well. I don’t have her and barely fight anybody that plays her so it’s nice knowing what she can actually do.

I wish Kum was more popular. They’re easily my favourite character in the game, but I doubt they’ll make it in Strive.

2 minutes ago, Mattatsu said:

Also, what does that S+HS mechanic do? Is it like a parry or universal armoured attack or something?

When you tap it it's more like a counter. 5S+HS will counter mids and 2S+HS will counter lows and when it goes off the opponent will be vulnerable for a few frames. If you hold S+HS it pretty much becomes a SFIV Focus Attack that puts your opponent in a crumple state.

6 hours ago, JustBrowsing said:

Nonsense aside, am still thankful for Ono doing what he did, and I hope we see him around in future

I hope too. I don't see him as a hindrance to the series progression.

I hope he'll soon work with another fighting game company. 

I don't believe rumors. 

It said that he was in charge o designing a tag game and a female superior take in charge because it was a disaster.

And everything is working well after someone replace him according to rumor.

Then now Capcom is looking for a battle planner. Which goes opposite of the rumor.

What do you think guys of seamless round transition for a Street Fighter title?

What I mean with Seamless Round Transition = Is a round base match but after a victory or a draw in the 1st round the screen doesn't fade into black or becomes black.

There are couple of example like in

Modern MK, Xmen Cota, MSH, Vampire Saviors and etc

Which of them implemented it better and also the worst?

There are some few types of this

1. Makes both fighters jump in a position close to the middle of the current screen.
  2. Flies both fighters in their previous  starting area in the beginning of round one/first round.
  3. The victorious character is move away the losing character before the next round begins.

Yet how possible cons if something similar it was on a SF title?

Does making a round starts not in the middle of the stage really puts the other fighter near the corner in a very disadvantageous position?

Thank you guys

Edited by Shakunetsu
2 hours ago, Shakunetsu said:

What do you think guys of seamless round transition for a Street Fighter title?

What I mean with Seamless Round Transition = Is a round base match but after a victory or a draw in the 1st round the screen doesn't fade into black or becomes black.

From a gameplay perspective I prefer the way MK11 does it. After a KO the characters take a few steps back, but otherwise start in the position the last round ended in. It makes stage positioning more important and rounds feels more seamless. 

The biggest reason not to have a system like that is momentum. You die in the corner and then next round you start of getting your shit pushed in because you are still in the corner. It makes it too easy for one person to snowball, which is already a big problem in FGs without adding specific mechanics to make it worse. 

9 hours ago, BornWinner said:

I’d say like 50% of the damage I’ve ever dealt in this game with Nash comes from people reacting poorly to fireballs for no reason like in this clip. All he had to do was block it and Gill only gets a few cute plus frames he probably won’t capitalize on. 

I know it’s easy to talk shit as an observer but i have no idea what homie was thinking. 

1 hour ago, Vhozite said:

I’d say like 50% of the damage I’ve ever dealt in this game with Nash comes from people reacting poorly to fireballs for no reason like in this clip. All he had to do was block it and Gill only gets a few cute plus frames he probably won’t capitalize on. 

I know it’s easy to talk shit as an observer but i have no idea what homie was thinking. 

@Vhozitetrying to analyze this clip....

FotFYue.gif

Edited by Darc_Requiem
3 hours ago, Vhozite said:

I'm probably in some twitter clips myself the amount of times I've been styled on with Gill's VT2.  I figured out you can mash backdash to get out of a few of his setups but I still don't really know what's going on half the time.  

The last surprised of 2020 in FGC is Capcom being hack this time for real.

It's not nrs, snk or no other companies that are not that huge as Capcom. It's not even cause by Covid.

Never ever thought it would happen to them.

I can't imagine the feeling of those part of the project.

That it even showed possible plans towards of multiple SF6 iteration.

Edited by Shakunetsu
3 hours ago, Doctrine_Dark said:

Mirrors are the most boring shyt in this game.  After the first game, I legit lose all interest. 

This game gets on my nerves at times.

Not a big fan of mirror matches either. It's why I wish more characters both of their V-Skills and V-Triggers as viable options. At least then each character would have four slight variations to mix things up a bit.

1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Not a big fan of mirror matches either. It's why I wish more characters both of their V-Skills and V-Triggers as viable options. At least then each character would have four slight variations to mix things up a bit.

Call me optimistic, but another look over many 2nd V-Skills and VTs are the biggest thing I expect in this next patch aside from the new mechanic. 

A big issue with a lot of the new VS’s is that the characters have been designed and buffed around VS1 for 3 years, and as a result a bunch of the new VS’s feel tacked on.

Laura is a perfect example. Her new VS with the jump fireball and axe kick is good...but she is built around the dash cancels from VS1. Nobody is ever going to pick VS2 without the same level of game plan integration. 

Edit: Lack of variety is also a side effect of so many VSs being anti-fb tools or having some other niche use. Like pre-S4 as Nash you basically had no VS against non-fb characters. Now you have one, but the choice is still very binary being based on what the other guy is using. Very few characters are like Ibuki or Seth where they have two decent options. 

Edited by Vhozite
5 hours ago, Shakunetsu said:

The last surprised of 2020 in FGC is Capcom being hack this time for real.

It's not nrs, snk or no other companies that are not that huge as Capcom. It's not even cause by Covid.

Never ever thought it would happen to them.

I can't imagine the feeling of those part of the project.

That it even showed possible plans towards of multiple SF6 iteration.

I'm far more worried about the people who had their personal info hacked than any game leak, especially one we had a feeling was on the way soon given how old SFV was.  

12 minutes ago, GreatDarkHero said:

Seth: "I am the perfect lifeform! MY NAME IS SETH! I WILL TAKE ALL THAT IS-" 

Poison: "Will you shut the fuck up already? I don't give a damn about your research experiments or your cloning shit! Hold this L, why don't ya?" 

Lol is there even a mixup there? just looked like 10 hit blockstring into tic throw lol. Did she throw Seth out of VT? 

Edited by Vhozite
1 minute ago, Jocelot said:

Chun li in Grand Finals... did I go back in time to season 1?!

She got buffed in season 4. She still has hella good normals and walkspeed.

That instant overhead hitting Chun is some nonsense. Zeku can't do st.mp, st.mp as a blockstring on crouching Chun but Akuma can do that. Not fair.