Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread

36 minutes ago, Sonero said:

Capcom has that weird shared universe thing going on. The CGU is vast and they can pull stuff out of their butts at any time.

It's true. SF, Final Fight and Rival Schools all share the same universe. Captain Commando takes place in Metro City of the far off future too iirc. And with Zeku and all his allusions to Strider Hiryu, maybe his games take place in the far FAR future too. 

4 minutes ago, Shakunetsu said:

Spoiler

83ea564c10245a71028526fe6670022722b1f0e4

They are actually in the same universe but it doesn't mean they are the same persons.

It might had a that they are a different versions of themselves or a parallel

Blood type plays an important characterization in Japanese culture which is different from western understanding. That it’s like Zodiac sign or something.

The SF one is A and the other is O in bloodtype. Unless there are two Sakura now existing in SF? which is more complicated.

The current SF Sakura backstory doesn’t also acknowledge the events in RS and her involvement.

So we can also assume that some events in RS isn’t canon in SF history.

Nice Story bro, you know you talk about a Company that retconns it's 2 week old story mode and changes the lore on a regular base just because they can.

Besides from Sakura blood type being different 

Actually Capcom already did this with SFV

They introduced characters like Ruby Heart and Kyle in SF canon but there is a twist

d811eb7a08d8cf7c8deac777e9e3cc37e3854324

Their recent CFN profiles had different backstory

They may had just been inspired by the other character and having the same name but they aren’t the same exact character,

because they don't share the same experiences or have no similar backstory

Just treat them like SF own version of that character.

51STDB8JSFL._SY445_.jpg

And the events in Final Fight Streetwise didn’t happened and wasn’t canon in current SF story.

Final Fight Revenge could also be not a canon.

Cody didn't became an addict to glow, Cody became a Mayor in SFV and etc like Father Belger or something

And yes that Ruby Heart too is different from MVC2.  She had no dimention travelling pirate ship.

Edited by Shakunetsu
10 minutes ago, Jocelot said:

If the new battle mechanic is CA2 I think Capcom is kinda out of touch with what kind of stuff the game needs lol. 

Really hope to be proven wrong tho. 

Reminder that they keep segmenting the characters options in a delluded attempt to create "depth"

And while i think that you can have this kind of mechanics where you choose part of your moveset prior the fight and make it work.

Capcom hasnt done it in a meaningful way in any of the games they have made so far with this approach.

37 minutes ago, Shakunetsu said:
Spoiler

83ea564c10245a71028526fe6670022722b1f0e4

They are actually in the same universe but it doesn't mean they are the same persons.

It might had a that they are a different versions of themselves or a parallel

Blood type plays an important characterization in Japanese culture which is different from western understanding. That it’s like Zodiac sign or something.

The SF one is A and the other is O in bloodtype. Unless there are two Sakura now existing in SF? which is more complicated.

The current SF Sakura backstory doesn’t also acknowledge the events in RS and her involvement.

So we can also assume that some events in RS isn’t canon in SF history.

Capcom keeps retconing a lot of stuff.

So that doesnt really mean anything.

BEsides, they already stablished that many of their games take on the same universe.

6 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

Reminder that they keep segmenting the characters options in a delluded attempt to create "depth"

And while i think that you can have this kind of mechanics where you choose part of your moveset prior the fight and make it work.

Capcom hasnt done it in a meaningful way in any of the games they have made so far with this approach.

Nah, I agree. Cutting up the characters potential skill set like this for what, the third time in a row just seems silly and kinda forced. If this rumor is true it literally just feels like Capcom thinking "okay we have selectable V Triggers and V Skills, what other system mechanics can we make them pick through at the character select screen?"

Boring. 

Edited by Jocelot

Many speculate that we will get v-cancels to extend combo routes but you have to wonder if that will be a thing in a game where v-trigger dictates the match so much. Who would sacrifice v-meter for that when you can just spend bar on the trigger instead and achieve the same thing ? 

I would not mind second CA but it is indeed a boring choice as it just acts as a damage dump.

54 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

If they aren’t just nods, then Bushin Ryu alone connects a bunch of games together since every ninja in Capcom uses that style. 

Probably just a nod. The design in Zeku jacket also is reference to forgotten worlds and a Final Fight thugs that name was two-p was also a 2nd player character in that Forgotten world.

35 minutes ago, Jocelot said:

If the new battle mechanic is CA2 I think Capcom is kinda out of touch with what kind of stuff the game needs lol. 

Really hope to be proven wrong tho. 

Yeah it's a wild speculation and rumors from tons of request and wish-list since even the 2 last season that everyone is saying CA2 is coming same thing with Storymode 2

15 minutes ago, Shakunetsu said:

Yeah it's a wild speculation and rumors from tons of request and wish-list since even the 2 last season that everyone is saying CA2 is coming same thing with Storymode 2

Storymode 2 won't happen, as far as I know they haven't hired a good writer yet, so the next storymode will be a clusterfuck like the current one AND it will be retconned 2 weeks later anyway, so it has ZERO value for anyone.

Yeah even you Lore Nerds.

You know I love Lore in Games, even more so in Fighting Games, but how you can torture yourself with SFs Lore is beyond me, I've seen liquid shit that is more consistent than SFs lore.

Just now, Mr.Cipher said:

Storymode 2 won't happen, as far as I know they haven't hired a good writer yet, so the next storymode will be a clusterfuck like the current one AND it will be retconned 2 weeks later anyway, so it has ZERO value for anyone.

I don't believe it also to happen because it's to late for the cycle but still have a chance because of possible transition of release and leak from hacks. 

People were desperate with about Storymode 2  way back s3 to s5 that they create speculation from bits of unrelated info but without substance 

1 hour ago, Mr.Cipher said:

Capcom has a shared Universe, Rival School and Final Fight exist in them, not sure about Darkstalkers, but going by SFs nature it wouldn't surprise me.

Not sure about RE and DMC tho.

Eagle has a pet shop in RE3. He lived in Raccoon city and probably why he hasn't appeared in other games 😜 

Edited by Hawkingbird

I'm more worried that this RS characters that has questionable fighting style to became more common  in SF universe

which is conflicted to SF established universe and combat.

502c63ce32094e562674642d243fcd57e96d9f46

It's another open a can of worms here because of RS in SF if they didn't treat them differently

Capcom should ignore some of the RS cast bellow and treat them as ordinary person not as mystic and fighters.  

By making them a parallel RS characters

By ignoring this characters backstory  and giving them a new one that would favor SF canon. 

and some of major events in RS that would create complication in SF should be discarded and replace by something fitting.

I’m hope Capcom would not treat this RS characters that appeared in SF the same exact and equal to their original RS counterpart and the Akira were having is different from the Original RS like Sakura is a different character from her RS counterpart.

13 minutes ago, Shakunetsu said:

I don't believe it also to happen because it's to late for the cycle but still have a chance because of possible transition of release and leak from hacks. 

People were desperate with about Storymode 2  way back s3 to s5 that they create speculation from bits of unrelated info but without substance 

They just threw wayyyyyy too many plot lines for future events to try and wrap up in a 2nd story mode.

Also, with how botched the first one and arcade mode was...

Yeah, just... Don't try again, ok Capcom? 🤣

Just now, Skort said:

I don't want to sound like a hater but none of those characters look like they belong in a Street Fighter game.

Yeah that's why they shouldn't be canon in SF but rather replace by alternate version and consider the whole Rival School Characters in SF to be a parallel version (That they don't fight).

So that they remain separate and different from their counterparts in the RS franchise

Edited by Shakunetsu
2 hours ago, Mr.Cipher said:

This ain't a guest character thing.

Unless you want to count Cody,Zeku,Lucina,Poison and Vroom Vroom as guest characters too.

Capcom has a shared Universe, Rival School and Final Fight exist in them, not sure about Darkstalkers, but going by SFs nature it wouldn't surprise me.

Not sure about RE and DMC tho.

Street fighter, Final Fight, Slam Masters, and Rival schools are all the same universe (though they're weirdly trying to shove Strider in there as well now). Captain Commando takes place in Metro City, but in some cases it's referred to as being fictional, Darkstalkers, unless they retcon it heavily is not in the same universe, don't let the Udon comics fool you, heh. The world structure is totally different with people commonly aware of all these monsters running around with insane hunting guilds going after them, but showing such a lack of humanity, some people consider them worse than the Darkstalkers. Also most of the DS characters are ridiculously OP, Demitri can't be killed by sunlight due to that field you always see him surrounded in (it's said to withstand like 1 million degrees or something), plus Pyron is basically Galactus (cosmic power, made the Hutzil robots literally kill the dinosaurs to let the planet forcibly evolve and get richer before he'd consume it)...and in canon after Night Warriors Revenge, Demitri drank him dry. So no Hadoukens gonna make a dent in most of the cast.

Though you could potentially have the DS & DMC universes be canon with possibly minimal tweaking, but I dunno.

6 minutes ago, Skort said:

I don't want to sound like a hater but none of those characters look like they belong in a Street Fighter game.

Looks like designs no one would notice being out of place in a SF game.

Looks goofy, janky and most of them don't use martial arts anyway, so fits right in.

4 minutes ago, Shakunetsu said:

Yeah that's why they shouldn't be canon in SF but rather replace by alternate version and consider the whole Rival School Characters in SF to be a parallel version (That don't fight) and remain separate to the RS franchise

Nah fam, they should be canon as they are.

They don't have to become playable, but they shouldn't be changed.

2 minutes ago, ShockDingo said:
Spoiler

Street fighter, Final Fight, Slam Masters, and Rival schools are all the same universe (though they're weirdly trying to shove Strider in there as well now). Captain Commando takes place in Metro City, but in some cases it's referred to as being fictional, Darkstalkers, unless they retcon it heavily is not in the same universe, don't let the Udon comics fool you, heh. The world structure is totally different with people commonly aware of all these monsters running around with insane hunting guilds going after them, but showing such a lack of humanity, some people consider them worse than the Darkstalkers. Also most of the DS characters are ridiculously OP, Demitri can't be killed by sunlight due to that field you always see him surrounded in (it's said to withstand like 1 million degrees or something), plus Pyron is basically Galactus (cosmic power, made the Hutzil robots literally kill the dinosaurs to let the planet forcibly evolve and get richer before he'd consume it)...and in canon after Night Warriors Revenge, Demitri drank him dry. So no Hadoukens gonna make a dent in most of the cast.

Though you could potentially have the DS & DMC universes be canon with possibly minimal tweaking, but I dunno.

Sounds like most of these Darkstalkers wouldn't be capable to scratch your average anime guy..... or anyone from Melty Blood for that matter.

5 minutes ago, Mr.Cipher said:

Looks like designs no one would notice being out of place in a SF game.

Looks goofy, janky and most of them don't use martial arts anyway, so fits right in.

Some SF designs fit this description but most of them are fine in my opinion.

I grant you the fact that most of the SF fighters have nothing to do with the fighting style they are supposed to represent but their visual design is good.

Qd9C7z2.png

553ae29471a90f801cb00e82982e04594200198e

This may even probably appeared as a potential  secret costume if a code was entered 

If not, It's kinda waste potential if not used as reference the Rose's MB in Capcom Fighting Jam / Capcom Fighting Evolution

It's better to reference both jojo and Rose previous reappearances to establish a shout out to it

Which at least made their own inter connectivity

Just now, Skort said:

Well, i like that Rose look so i'm down for it.

Even if it's fake, respect for the dude who actually bothered to do a low poly version of Rose. Now that i spend my time in Blender i know what's up with this i can assure you he spend some time doing it.

Wow so there's a  chance that this was fake and mix with the legit content like the stage concept

20 minutes ago, Mr.Cipher said:

Well Tohno Shiki can basically kill gods.... as long as they're alive that is.

And he got nothing on the redhead that kicks him in the face as greeting, she is realy damn broken.

Interesting! I know nothing about Melty, read a thing or two like 6 years ago, but forgot it. I've seen the Redhead absolutely wrecking people in sprite movie compilations, so I always assumed she was some kinda op, never knew Shiki was powerful like that! 😮

On the subject of the DS characters, even with SF and eventual anime protag power creep, DS characters are pretty out there, so a mixing of the universes outside of a VS game would be a bad idea. Not just for power level stuff, but aesthetics, while I'm absolutely begging Capcom bring back Darkstalkers, I hope they do it as their own IP again so they can flourish and not just do a shaky MCU thing and shove them in the SF universe. I think it'd be a baaad move (the roster request wars would be a nightmare hah). SF & DS are wonderful things, and I hope they can keep flourishing on their own without awkwardly stapling them together.

5 minutes ago, ShockDingo said:

Interesting! I know nothing about Melty, read a thing or two like 6 years ago, but forgot it. I've seen the Redhead absolutely wrecking people in sprite movie compilations, so I always assumed she was some kinda op, never knew Shiki was powerful like that! 😮

On the subject of the DS characters, even with SF and eventual anime protag power creep, DS characters are pretty out there, so a mixing of the universes outside of a VS game would be a bad idea. Not just for power level stuff, but aesthetics, while I'm absolutely begging Capcom bring back Darkstalkers, I hope they do it as their own IP again so they can flourish and not just do a shaky MCU thing and shove them in the SF universe. I think it'd be a baaad move (the roster request wars would be a nightmare hah). SF & DS are wonderful things, and I hope they can keep flourishing on their own without awkwardly stapling them together.

Well Melty is part of the Nasuverse.

Spoiler

In Melty you have Arcureid (Archtype Earth), literally the most powerfull living creature in the whole Nasuverse and all possible timelines.

(There is someone who is more powerfull, but he is non relevant since he is busy jacking off to his ability and has never been seen since he locked himself in a workshop and vanished)

Arcureid is on the level of "well I'm bored lets play Ping Pong with the continents or start the apocalypse and see if anyone survives the world without oxygen!"

The saving grace is that Arcureid herself is a giant idiot and Archtype Earth, her full powerd form, is normaly sleeping. There are instances, where she is awaken, like in Melty, but she usually obeys Arcureids will.

There was also an instance where she was chopped to pieces, came back the next day and made the person who chopped her to pieces the offer to choose how he would like to die.

Then you have in Melty Aoko Aozaki, who is basically the strongest human in the Nasuverse and the strongest mage. Thats the redhead I meant, she was so hilariously broken in Meltys first version, that she would make ST Akuma look like a fair and balanced character if they were in the same game. She is now just Top Tier.

Anyway, Aoko is a funny mage, since she is a shit mage, she is bad at spellcrafting and casting spells, but she is super good at fighting and breaking things. So if she punches you, she usually boosts her attacks with her magic power. In Melty she is forced to hold back the whole time and even there you have instances, where she "accidentaly" blows half a forrest up, because she slightly missjudged the speed of her kick.
Aoko can literally nuke a country if she would like to and if she goes all out, there are only a handfull of characters in the entire Nasuverse that could even fight her 1:1.

Even Arcureid said the last thing she wants to do, is corner Aoko and make her do something desperate, even she wouldn't be capable of whitstanding what she would do.

Also her actual ability is so hilariously abusable, that you cannot possibly beat her unless you have a direct counter to it.

Next would be Ryogi Shiki, now Ryogi isn't nearly as obvious as broken as the other two, but she IS in fact more broken than Aoko. (Even tho she would probably lose a direct fight).

Ryogi can basically kill everything on a conceptual level. She can cut everyone out of existence, completly deleting them from the whole universe, their body, their soul and every trace they might leave.

Tho she has this power, you will mostly see her use Mystic Eyes of Death Perception, what is basically the ability to see "lines of death", if these lines get cut by her, the creature whom's lines got cut dies immediently. Tohno Shiki has the same power, but he is a lot less capable in combat compared to Ryogi. Ryogi perfected her Death Perception to the point where she can kill formeless things, ghosts, undead,even any form of god, Tohno can only do it to physical things.

Ryogi can also control her eyes without help, Tohno needs special glasses to not constantly see the lines and go crazy after a while.

This whole Universe is full of things that could fuck the planet with ease (sometimes quiet literally), and then you have these 3 fuckers that break the rules 

Outside of Ciel the rest of the Cast is pretty tame compared to the rest of the Nasuverse.

Ciel is basically a immortal nun, that is ripped as fuck, has dozens of tatoos and either fights you with around 6 Black keys (magical knifes) or with a giant Pilebunker.

She is also obsessed with Curry and one of the reasons why people have so much grief in FGOs Gacha.

The other two wild cards are Akiha Tohno, since she is half demon and if she goes berserk could annihalite a town with ease and Kohaku..... she's a part time crazy scientist part time maid, she has a laboratory full of mechas that have quiet a lot of firepower..... to much for most countrys to handle mind you.  Also she has quiet a lot of drugs, one is even part of her gameplay as it puts her into a special state you normaly need 300% meter to activate.

Regarding the Darkstalkers.

Yeah they would blow the SF cast out of the water in terms of power.

Not that Powerscaling is in any form even slightly consistent in SF to begin with.

I do think it is very much possible to implent the DS into SFs universe if done right.

So never as long as Capcom is in charge of both series.

I dunno why some SF Fans think that powerscaling would be to much, it has been inconsistent and all over the place for the whole time anyway, DS wouldn't change much.

Besides, you have to be at least a bit realistic.

Even if Capcom would bring Darkstalkers and Rival Schools back, they would probably fall head first into a deep hole and drag a lot of money with them.

In modern days names are basically everything (and marketing but do not tell that to JP Devs, they might get confused by it) and Darkstalkers is only realy known inside the FGC.

1 hour ago, Shakunetsu said:

What Capcom needs to do is an all-star fighting game

Is what i hope and expect them to do to replace the MvC series.

Disney/Marvel are a pain to deal with not only for Capcom but for the community.

The whole reason why umvc3 was announced 3 months after mvc3 release and released 5 months later was because the license window where they could kept the game was that small, which lead to the game being abandoned after that, without even qol patches.

I even predicted that IF capcom ever released a mvc game after umvc3, we would see way less of the fan favorites in favor of pushing more mcu chars, plus probably it would suffer in its quality due how capcom was less willing to spend money after mvce and umvc3 underperforming to their expectations, since each game after sf4 has sold less and has moved units more slowly than the previous game in an increasing way.

Havving a game that is full of their own will allow them to not only support it and monetize it as they want to, but also bring light to their dormant and more obscure franchises.

They are disney levels of drowning on ips to use, that have the potential to mirror and surpas the FUNCTIONS of the mvc cast.

1 hour ago, Volt said:

peopledie.jpg

I'm sure it makes sense in context tho. 🙃

It certainly does, specially because what he says is not the same as what the subbers put.

That is what you would call a blind idiot translation.

What he says is more along the lines of people die when they are mortally wounded.

The context of the scene where that was lifted from is that he lost his connection with Avalon, so he no longer will be able to regenerate from fatal wounds like he used to.

39 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

It certainly does, specially because what he says is not the same as what the subbers put.

That is what you would call a blind idiot translation.

What he says is more along the lines of people die when they are mortally wounded.

The context of the scene where that was lifted from is that he lost his connection with Avalon, so he no longer will be able to regenerate from fatal wounds like he used to.

Bro. You don't need to explain the meme. It was just a joke because of how Cipher structured that sentence. 🤣