Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread

3 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

So I turned it off, unplugged the cable, restarted the router, plugged it back in, and it’s still doesn’t recognize it.

All I know is that my sister keeps it in rest mode all of the time without turning it off and I just had to restart the console because she left it like that again but I doubt that’s the reason it isn’t working.

At least this is MK11 lol, one of he best netcodes there is... you wanna try anyway?

37 minutes ago, Mattatsu said:

wife wants no part of ‘em

Had it out with my homies cause they said “most women don’t like these movies” 

I called BS. They’re violent and scary, but every woman in my life loves them and Viggo and Orlando are both man dimes. They’d keep any straight ( and a lot of the gay) ladies happy. 

5 minutes ago, KingTubb said:

Had it out with my homies cause they said “most women don’t like these movies” 

I called BS. They’re violent and scary, but every woman in my life loves them and Viggo and Orlando are both man dimes. They’d keep any straight ( and a lot of the gay) ladies happy. 

My wife’s funny. She loves action movies (Marvel, the new Star Wars, Transformers, etc), but hates movies that aren’t action packed, especially if they’re sci-fi or wizardry stuff... Sex in the city though? Oh she can watch that on loop forever.

Yeah me saying that was just a way for you to lower your guard.

But really I haven’t played in so long. The forced Scorpion matches they have you do before you go online did help a bit but I haven’t played otherwise.

Using your fastest normal can stuff any attack from teleport. If you know they are going for grab, uppercut for that KB. The sting where he throws his hat before the flurry of punches is also a high so duck and do whatever before the flurry comes. I think ducking in general is good against Kung since he has slow lows and no overheads besides the universal. But you would find better advice from anywhere else. I’m just speaking what I was weak to last time I played.

GGs. Mileena looks fun.

7 hours ago, Dayaan said:

Thank you for showing up, all! I have no more fun playing 3S online, so I'll just be sticking to offline and casuals. Pretty unfun to compete, especially since online FGs have no competitive value to me, so I'll just be having fun for now.

Unfortunately I missed it because I was having wacky pizza adventures, but good to hear you won man, good job!

edit:  dammit @Edmund don't post shit before I do! 😆

On 11/23/2020 at 4:35 PM, BornWinner said:

Soul Calibur now has some shirts out for eightysixed.

https://www.eightysixed.com/collections/soul-calibur-vi

Hide contents

spacer.png
spacer.png

Copping that Yoshimitus one

That Yoshimitsu one is awesome. I was debating whether to spend $30 to buy a t-shirt from a Swedish band, but I like those two shirts. 🤔

Edited by AriesWarlock
5 hours ago, Saikyotic said:

Virtua Fighter Grand Prix livestream I don't even play the game but watch this shit 

The game was given as a PS+ game when it launched, so in theory a lot of people should have it on PS3.

IIRC, the online was surprisingly good, i used to play it with a friend in Mexico.

He even managed to upload some of our matches since he got a capture device for the tournaments he ran on his city.

If you go to youtube and search for Hecatom VF5 you will find some few matches we had to test that shit, and see how fraudulent we were, lol.

He also uploaded some AH3 matches were is clear we dont know what we are doing.

Edited by Hecatom
On 11/27/2020 at 11:21 AM, ShockDingo said:

Street fighter, Final Fight, Slam Masters, and Rival schools are all the same universe (though they're weirdly trying to shove Strider in there as well now). Captain Commando takes place in Metro City, but in some cases it's referred to as being fictional, Darkstalkers, unless they retcon it heavily is not in the same universe, don't let the Udon comics fool you, heh. The world structure is totally different with people commonly aware of all these monsters running around with insane hunting guilds going after them, but showing such a lack of humanity, some people consider them worse than the Darkstalkers. Also most of the DS characters are ridiculously OP, Demitri can't be killed by sunlight due to that field you always see him surrounded in (it's said to withstand like 1 million degrees or something), plus Pyron is basically Galactus (cosmic power, made the Hutzil robots literally kill the dinosaurs to let the planet forcibly evolve and get richer before he'd consume it)...and in canon after Night Warriors Revenge, Demitri drank him dry. So no Hadoukens gonna make a dent in most of the cast.

Though you could potentially have the DS & DMC universes be canon with possibly minimal tweaking, but I dunno.

Hmm since you mention Capcom trying to do their thing to unite all those worlds in one universe, YuYu Hakusho came to my mind. Maybe something like the Darkstalkers are in the makai world and can't enter the human world because of some barrier. And if they do crossover they'd be severely weakened. Pyron and Hutzil would be exempt from this for obvious reasons. I don't know.

Wasn't aimed at you or Doctrine btw. But yesterday or the day before I played a Chun who was hitting all the buttons like he was godlike. Eventually I took some sets from him, but it took a minute to get used to a guy who was mashing throw break and hitting st.hp like it was a 3 frame normal. same with a Vega right now. I bet he has great footsies in a regular environment, but ish was terrible to play against with all the lag. I even had a jump in that hit rolled back yesterday.

This ish is preposterous at times.

1 hour ago, AriesWarlock said:

Hmm since you mention Capcom trying to do their thing to unite all those worlds in one universe, YuYu Hakusho came to my mind. Maybe something like the Darkstalkers are in the makai world and can't enter the human world because of some barrier. And if they do crossover they'd be severely weakened. Pyron and Hutzil would be exempt from this for obvious reasons. I don't know.

Necali is something interesting to be part of that as an earlier monster that escape

Yuyu Hakusho was a good anime It's popular here in my country and most 90s and 80s kid grow up with it

2 hours ago, Dayaan said:

@Mattatsuwe good for tonight then?

I’m not sure man. I’ve been busy all day and just spent 2 hours building the worst-designed Ikea style do-it-your-fucking-self-you-cheap-bastard shelf, only to find out the shelves don’t fit and I can’t cut them to fit because it will fuck up all the widgets and stupid interlocking things that keep these cheap pieces of particle board together.

I’m not sure if I’ll be in the mood and my back is fucked.

these assholes better send me the right size shelf from wherever-the-fuck because there’s no fucking way I’m breaking this big POS down to ship back to them unless they pay me.

and lmao, aren’t I in a peachy mood 🤣

19 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

So more of that LAN cable nonsense. I plugged it into my laptop to see if it’s still working or if I need to replace it. Sadly it still works fine so the problem is on the PS4 since it still doesn’t recognize the cable is in.

Is your PS4 setup as wired or wireless? If wired, what’s the IP address? Is it within the same subnet as your router (ie, 192.168.0.x)? Is there anything on your network with the same IP?

there could be a chance your router is not letting the PS4 to connect (not giving it a new IP, blocking the MAC, etc).

you may want to set the PS4 to a specific IP address and configure your router to keep that as a dedicated (static) IP so there’s no IP conflicts with any other devices. This way you can also open ports to the PS4 later, if you ever need to to try and ensure better connections.

Edited by Mattatsu
39 minutes ago, Mattatsu said:

Is your PS4 setup as wired or wireless? If wired, what’s the IP address? Is it within the same subnet as your router (ie, 192.168.0.x)? Is there anything on your network with the same IP?

there could be a chance your router is not letting the PS4 to connect (not giving it a new IP, blocking the MAC, etc).

you may want to set the PS4 to a specific IP address and configure your router to keep that as a dedicated (static) IP so there’s no IP conflicts with any other devices. This way you can also open ports to the PS4 later, if you ever need to to try and ensure better connections.

me trying to decipher all of that.

spacer.png

I’ll be honest, I chose the easy route when doing this I.e Setting up the cord, putting it in and chose the easy method over custom. Didn’t really question it since it worked. 

But since that isn’t working, I’ll try my best to figure all that out and set it up  like that. What do I have to lose?

Edited by BornWinner

Next week is where I am likely to get my new PC along with SFV. I just need to make sure that the specs are good on that so that I secure SFV and other games like it just fine. 

Then... coming from KOF, I'll mess with y'all and try to get better in the case *I* get some competition online or otherwise (COVID-19 shit and all). 

Rocking the following characters: Kage, Zeku, Cammy, Ibuki, and... some other top tier for safety reasons. Probably Gouki or Seth. 

I *might* also play R. Mika and also continue playing Chun-Li (because, I've actually took time to figure out her 500+ damage combos and *where* I should do resets into a mix-up if I must). Rose is also guaranteed. I would play Menat but it would have to be in her VTII in that case. 

Upon adjusting to each of those characters, I'll be able to forge a video of character performing high damage combos with full resources and *no* jump in, CC or resets. 

Put Kyo Kusanagi in SFV. 

Spoiler

Naw. I don't if that's a good idea. Because, SFV will probably either butcher the nature of his move set. 

Or, maybe not. But, out of SNK, Kyo is the only well-known protagonist to not have shown up as a guest character yet. Terry, Geese, Iori, Kula, Haohmaru, and Mai have gotten their due respect in modern fighting game but I think Kyo could use some of that too. 

But, I think SFV is specifically giving focus on SFEX. The guest is likely to be someone completely different as shown earlier in this thread discussion. 

12 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

me trying to decipher all of that.

spacer.png

I’ll be honest, I chose the easy route when doing this I.e Setting up the cord, putting it in and chose the easy method over custom. Didn’t really question it since it worked. 

But since that isn’t working, I’ll try my best to figure all that out and set it up  like that. What do I have to lose?

And one more thing, this is the image that appears whenever I do try the easy method.

spacer.png

This is despite the fact that the cable is in already.

1 minute ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Dumb question here, but have you tried another LAN cable?

I'll raise your dumb question with a dumb answer of no. That's because:

1) while it doesn't work on the console, it works fine on my laptop, even showing up as as wired. Same setup and all, so I imagine it can't be just the cable.

2) I don't have a spare cable around.

51 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

I'll raise your dumb question with a dumb answer of no. That's because:

1) while it doesn't work on the console, it works fine on my laptop, even showing up as as wired. Same setup and all, so I imagine it can't be just the cable.

2) I don't have a spare cable around.

If I hadn't already promised it to my co-worker. I'd just give you my PS4 Pro. Now that I have my PS5 setup. I don't have any need of it.