Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread

1 minute ago, BornWinner said:

Once again I will state this. If you’re in Illinois for some reason, go to Galloping Ghosts in Brookfield. It such a great place for fighting games and games in general. Played a bunch of things I’ve never played before today.

Sadly they got rid of the machine they made for the Killer Instinct reboot.

You live in America? 

I thought for sure you were European

Next you’ll tell me you’re not a brown anime girl with white hair 

Edited by Vhozite
10 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

Once again I will state this. If you’re in Illinois for some reason, go to Galloping Ghosts in Brookfield. It such a great place for fighting games and games in general. Played a bunch of things I’ve never played before today.

Sadly they got rid of the machine they made for the Killer Instinct reboot.

Even though I don't live in Illinois, I always heard great things about GG Arcade. Unfortunate that they removed the KI machine. I remember when they first showed it.

What were some of the games you played?

45 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

Next you’ll tell me you’re not a brown anime girl with white hair 

For the sake of giving myself a laugh, I imagine everyone to look like one of their profile pictures.

34 minutes ago, Doctrine_Dark said:

What were some of the games you played?

Limiting to fighting games only, I’ve played:

Spoiler

Street Fighter 1

Alpha 2

3rd strike

Tatsunoko vs Capcom  (This was an import of the Japanese version)

Capcom vs SNK 1

Capcom vs SNK 2

SvC Chaos

Darkstalkers

Vampire Savior 1 & 2 (I didn’t see Night Warriors there.)

Cyberbots (Another import that only had VS playable)

Primal Rage 

Primal Rage 2

Rival Schools

Waku Waku 7

Karnov’s Revenge

Breaker’s Revenge

All of the King of Fighters except for 14 which wasn’t there and 12 because it wasn’t working

Tekken 3

Tekken Tag

Soul Calibur 2

Falling Angels

Martial Masters

Rumble Fish 2

Guilty Gear AC

Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3

Marvel Super Heroes

NeoGeo Battle Coliseum

Samurai Shodown 2

Annnnnd Samurai Shodown 6

And that’s not even all they had. They had all the Marvel games save for MvC3 and Infinite. It was amazing. I was there for six hours.

19 minutes ago, KingTubb said:

Watching Spin’s game develop over the last year is pretty amazing. This guy is a beast. 

I can tell he’s nervous by how he’s playing though. Also, I’ve never seen him jump so much, but that may be anti-makoto dash tech.

his double DP combos are monstrous. I love that shit

edit: he’s playing cleaner now

Edited by Mattatsu
1 minute ago, Dayaan said:

Thank you for showing up, all! I have no more fun playing 3S online, so I'll just be sticking to offline and casuals. Pretty unfun to compete, especially since online FGs have no competitive value to me, so I'll just be having fun for now.

We’re still gonna play though right?

1 minute ago, BornWinner said:

Hell yeah bro. Maybe all those unrelated games I played can help with the fact that I haven’t played this in forever.

Lol, sounds good! I have like a few hours I can play for. If you want to lab for a bit first, that’s fine by me.

let me know, and I’ll send an invite whenever you’re good

Just now, Mattatsu said:

Lol, sounds good! I have like a few hours I can play for. If you want to lab for a bit first, that’s fine by me.

let me know, and I’ll send an invite whenever you’re good

Oh not now, I'm in a VC with some of the players and we're discussing the matches. Tomorrow OK with you? (I should have clarified).

1 minute ago, Dayaan said:

Hell yeah, I got no problems with you, my man! I just don't have fun competing anymore. Let's play whenever you're ready!

I’m not playing you tonight. I don’t want any of that smoke 🤣

really, I want to play some Mk tonight though lol

you around tomorrow night?

2 minutes ago, KingTubb said:

Watching, and Fellowship tonight. Going through all of them this weekend with the wife 

I wouldn’t mind doing a few runs of southern Gate in return of the king. One of the best levels in all of video game history 

I played a bunch of those games but don’t remember shit... i was always drunk and high at my friend’s frat 😁

anyways, enjoy the movies man! I’m jealous actually. I had the itch to watch them recently but can’t seem to find the time and my wife wants no part of ‘em