Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread

32 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Sonya's face model is not Ronda Rousey. She is one of the few characters that hasn't had their face model confirmed. 

ElxFBDRWMAQFHk5.jpg

Side note: I didn't realize Sheeva had a face model. She looks way better than Sheeva.

Reveal hidden contents

Screenshot-2015-12-07-08.31.43.png

Nik-Stewart-h736x1k07zxaneku-bg.jpg

With some chars i can see they based the face in them, but with others they dont really seem like the face model at all, lol

2 hours ago, Sonero said:

@Doctrine_Dark GGs for the sets from last time.

Been mad this whole time.

Cammy can go EAD and this netcode too.

😠

GG's you wake up CA, attempting to press jab after a late wakeup, sliding all across the floor like a caterpillar looking to active VT ass old man. GG's. Let's run it the fck back soon!!

But seriously, GG's. I don't run into Zekus anymore. 

21 hours ago, Vhozite said:

Is Rousey’s voice acting really that bad? I’ve played a decent amount of 11 and Sonya’s lines have never jumped out as bad to me. In fact I don’t even remember what she even sounds like. Or is that the point? 

To me, career bias aside, it's awfully bland, stands out compared  to other characters, and is a step down from Tricia Helfer, her VA in the previous games.

7 minutes ago, ShockDingo said:

To me, career bias aside, it's awfully bland, stands out compared  to other characters, and is a step down from Tricia Helfer, her VA in the previous games.

Jeah exactly this. When you have voiceover top tiers like Steve Blum, Phil LaMarr and Troy Baker in your game, a lady like Rousey with next to no voice acting experience is going to sound inferior by default. 

2 hours ago, ShockDingo said:

Your career makes you more insightful on the subject IMO. Anyway someone put together a comparison of the movie actors versus  the MK11 voice actors. IMO;

MK11> Lambert (cigarettes have really wrecked his voice),

MK11=Linden Ashby (They are both different but both Johnny),

Brigette Wilson>Rousey (Rousey is flat and emotionless and it's amplified by the fact that the rest of the voice cast is great)

Edited by Darc_Requiem
1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Your career makes you more insightful on the subject IMO. Anyway someone put together a comparison of the movie actors versus  the MK11 voice actors. IMO;

Brigette Wilson>Rousey (Rousey is flat and emotionless and it's amplified by the fact that the rest of the voice cast is great)

Yeah, Lambert’s voice is rough, but I still prefer it... I gotta say, I’m really sick of Epcar’s Raiden.

2 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Heh, thanks man, also thanks for posting, this was nice to see!

3 hours ago, Jocelot said:

Jeah exactly this. When you have voiceover top tiers like Steve Blum, Phil LaMarr and Troy Baker in your game, a lady like Rousey with next to no voice acting experience is going to sound inferior by default. 

Yup, it was a publicity stunt to get RR in, oh and speaking of Steve Blum, he calls this celeb-cameo/starring-phenomenon Star Fucking, if I remember correctly. He was notably talking about it when Grey DeLisle-Griffin, Frank Welker and the usual Scooby Doo cast was deliberately left out of the recent cgi movie in favour of using Hollywood stars and sadly it's a more common issue facing animated movies and games.

A lot of times you'll get the usual voice actors left out of a big adaptation of a property to get the hype of celebrity voices in movies, but for a few years now, it's bled into games with mixed results. Now, I'm not against all Hollywood actors doing voice work, there's several that are awesome at it and welcome to try out. Ron Perlman is my go to example of an awesome on-screen & voice actor. Dude still is my favourite version of Clayface due to his take on him in BTAS.

The issue comes when you'll have an a/b-list celeb show up in a production, let's say there's a AAA revival of Vectorman and they have several voice actors, but for a cameo, you get Vin Diesel as the King of a Hot Rod planet....they're not going to adjust the pay, he'll get far beyond what most voice actors will get for a bit part and the main cast will get paid their normal amount.  Sometimes you'll get an animated feature filled with celebs, not actors and they're not really doing anything special with their voices, yet they get the lavish treatment that VAs do not get. The excuse of "well, you're not big names, we need to promote" comes up, but in the early Disney days, that wasn't an issue. Aladdin, Beauty and the Beast, Little Mermaid, etc weren't stuffed to the gills (hah) with Hollywood types, they tended to go with singers and Broadway talents and they did gangbusters. Also, in the case of "Scooby!", the main VAs are good enough for the cartoons, so why not take a risk and keep the VAs and put them in the Silverscreen? The kids in the audience want to recognize the voices they always watch, they're not screaming to hear Gina Rodriguez, Amanda Seyfreid and Zach Efron.

In the past, at least for games,  it's even led to problems where a studio will get too hyped at nabbing a celeb, but then oops! The budget is impacted a LOT more than if they stuck to a normal cast, and so you're getting VAs having to do extra characters at a small extra or NO pay before it all ships.

I'm rambling a bit, but it's  a pretty controversial thing these days and often it can go from eyerolling annoyance to actually screwing up a game's budget and / or schedule. Tl;dr there's some gems like casting the late, great, Robin Williams, a Cate Blanchett or Sigourney Weaver, Judi Dench, or Patrick Stewart vs having a reality TV star or flavour of the month get a leading role in a big budget animated feature.

I agree completely, professional voice acting and on screen acting are two entirely different beasts, when companies try to cast big name actors to garner attention it sometimes works but sometimes it just doesn't. You have guys like Peter Dinklage cast as your companion robot Ghost in Destiny and you can tell the dude was just dialing it in for the paycheck. Honestly when they switched over to Nolan North it literally only improved.

Overall it feels like lose/lose. Well here's hoping out boy Keanu kills it in Cyberpunk 2077!

7 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I'd agree with you if it was 1995 Lambert but I need subtitles or my recollection of Epcar's rendition of the same line to understand what he's saying half the time.

Yeah, it’s true. And I don’t mean anything bad about my Epcar’s Raiden. I think he’s a good VA. But man, I’m just sick of that voice and that character... It’s probably more related to how NRS has treated him, but hearing anyone else voice him (especially if they have a unique skin) is a welcome change, as it reminds me of how I used to view Raiden.

1 hour ago, Shakunetsu said:

Reminder, Bin Salban killed a news reporter for talking against him and then he chopped it to remove it from the hotel.

He also has killed civilians that refused to move away from his properties when he took them away for his new city.

If there is something twatter should be moaning about, is this.

Happy festivity to commemorate religious fanatics fleeing from 17th Century Europe due to its excessive lewdness and libertinism who founded segregated religious communities in the Americas and thrived by stealing land from the natives, burning their own women as witches and slavery, fellow Americans!

May many Turkeys be sacrificed and their blood flow so it may grant sustenance to the almighty God of all Americans, George Washington, the begotten son of Jesus Christ.

Next year with free healthcare (probably not)!

Oh, and I guess happy birthday to @BornWinner🙂

Edited by Phantom_Miria
2 hours ago, Hecatom said:

Reminder, Bin Salban killed a news reporter for talking against him and then he chopped it to remove it from the hotel.

He also has killed civilians that refused to move away from his properties when he took them away for his new city.

I think I heard he has 33.3% of the shares, but I’m sure he’ll influence more than that

13 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

Thank you all for the birthday wishes! Might not be available for games until much later.

MK  sounds like fun! Haven’t played that in like a year so you’ll have to deal with my terrible Kung Lao.

I have a terrible Mileena (currently sitting at a solid 3-13 in KL) so no worries lol

and just to be clear, that’s winning 3 ft2 sets and losing 13 others 😆

Edited by Mattatsu
4 hours ago, Hecatom said:

I dunno who are his mains, but I don't wanna be in the shoes of whoever figures out they need to be nerfed. 👀

1 hour ago, Shakunetsu said:

I wondered what changes would be in store for KOFXV 

with those funds

That is a good point tho...

21 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

At least when it comes to some religious motivated changes, those are really slim.

He isnt really a devote man of the islam, and is actually trying to modernize his country and left behind a lot of the 1500 mentality behind.

Sounds like a rollback kinda guy

edit: bad joke. This guy is a monster

Edited by Mattatsu
1 minute ago, Mattatsu said:

Sounds like a rollback kinda guy

If being a rollback kind of guy means to kill people for not wanting to leave their land and homes because he wants to build a city there, and btw, is either leave or be killed.

Forget about getting some form of economic retribution for their land.

Then sure, he is a rollback man.

Edited by Hecatom
12 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

If being a rollback kind of guy means to kill people for not wanting to leave their land and homes because he wants to build a city there, and btw, is either leave or be killed.

Forget about getting some form of economic retribution for their land.

Then sure, he is a rollback man.

Good point... bad joke on my part

3 minutes ago, Mattatsu said:

Good point... bad joke on my part

Eh, dont sweat it, i am just being an asshole to make you feel bad.

Although, truth be told, not many people are aware of how terrible he has been.

Which is funny in a way.

On one hand, he is trying to modernize his country and leave the shackles of the extremes behind.

But at the same time, he has been doing some really nasty shit to his people.

He started as this symbol of hope, but after the assasination of the news reporter, everything went south, as you may expect.

I haven't played this game in like 1 year + . The time where i played a bit with  @Vhozite and me messing around to see some costume mods for Juri don't count.

Though i kinda feel like making an alt and starting from the scratch again, maybe even stream it on twitch to see how the game goes.

Play Juri, Poison some Seth from rookie and see where it leads me. I legit forgot like half the stuff i am supposed to do i think.

Edited by Skort
22 minutes ago, Skort said:

I haven't played this game in like 1 year + . The time where i played a bit with  @Vhozite and me messing around to see some costume mods for Juri don't count.

Though i kinda feel like making an alt and starting from the scratch again, maybe even stream it on twitch to see how the game goes.

Play Juri, Poison some Seth from rookie and see where it leads me. I legit forgot like half the stuff i am supposed to do i think.

It’s funny you mention Juri and Seth because those are two characters I’ve got my eye on for the patch. I’m hoping Juri’s VS2 gets some buffs since that is the one I’m interested in, and Seth I’m just waiting to see if the patch destroys him lol. I also wouldn’t mind Juri doing more damage.

Right now the only character I really like and care about is Nash. 

Edited by Vhozite

Saudi Arabia is just North Korea if North Korea was wealthy because of oil instead of constantly being on the brink of starvation, if it had better PR (and with that I mean friendly relations with the United States), and if they decided to cut the bullshit and admit they are a religiously based absolute monarchy.

It's just about one of the shittiest countries on Earth, and their state ideology, Wahhabism, is the main ideological base for most Islamic extremism in existence.

Osama Bin Laden was a Saudi, and got pretty damn close to all the money that Saudi Arabia and the United States were sending to finance Afghan resistance against the Soviets in Afghanistan. Twenty years later this ended up biting America in the ass, but the United States insists on keeping a good relationship with the Saudis because I guess that they're useful in keeping the balance in the Middle East and they're filthy rich with oil.

Fun guys.