Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread

1 minute ago, Hecatom said:

I put it on the same category of GG is super hard to learn.

🤔

GG is definitely tricky to learn. Xrd is infinitely easier to get started on that +R. But a lot of that is execution wise. If you're a total beginner, it can be on the rough side. If you've been around for a bit, you're memeing.

Although new players still learn how to play it. So the idea that something being hard somehow makes it insurmountable needs to stop in this scene. Kinda like the same issue with Tekken being this so hard game to play. Like if DS3 is easy to pick up, then I don't know what that guy would say about Tekken.

Maybe eventually we'll convince @misterBee to let us write our own community articles so we can throw bricks at those bad ideas.

Just now, Hecatom said:

Capcom is way better doing their own thing, like a new DS, or a brand new vs style game focused on their own ips.

Yeah they can.

They can pick up some characters to their own fighting game IP.

Like Powerstone, Red Earth, Plasma Sword, Cyberbots, Battle Circuit, Techromancer and non popular IP that they own from beat em up and fighting genre.

It can be like their own Guilty Gear like franchise and world but with characters from their different franchise together in one world but not a crossover universe title.

Even without there modern and popular IP they had huge character base that can easily  diversify the cast with symmetry of balance and contrast. I compiled something like this.

ab36c53c22df7c2649bdbff228ae844054793517

Edited by Shakunetsu
17 minutes ago, Sonero said:

🤔

GG is definitely tricky to learn. Xrd is infinitely easier to get started on that +R. But a lot of that is execution wise. If you're a total beginner, it can be on the rough side. If you've been around for a bit, you're memeing.

Although new players still learn how to play it. So the idea that something being hard somehow makes it insurmountable needs to stop in this scene. Kinda like the same issue with Tekken being this so hard game to play. Like if DS3 is easy to pick up, then I don't know what that guy would say about Tekken.

Maybe eventually we'll convince @misterBee to let us write our own community articles so we can throw bricks at those bad ideas.

I wouldnt deny that GG requires some effort to learn, but is not near as people meme it.

Specially when the same people dont have a problem learning a game like mvc for example that has almost the same exact type of hurdles.

And yeah, it would be nice to have an editorial front page.

Maybe it would motivate me to finish the what is depth article i started years ago we talked about, lol.

It would be an interesting topic now that we have games with autocombos.

5 minutes ago, Shakunetsu said:

A modern fighting game that has a game mechanic that prevent a player to spam his fireballs?

Outside of Granblues Cooldown Mechanic I can't think of any.

You could say SFV does with all it's anti-projectile mechanics.

Anime could too, but they don't care if you spam projectiles as long as you hit something with them.

41 minutes ago, Skort said:

Hello all, been busy lately but got some spare time now. Hope you all doing fine.

I also been spending time learning better renders and poses in Blender and ofc used those skills to do some stuff with Juri.To achieve proper light and shadow can be really tough but i looked quite a lot into scene creation and hdri renders. I think it's starting to pay off. I am happy with my progress so far. 

Enjoy some Juri renders and poses i made 🙂

Juri-pose-1.png

Juri-pose-2.png

Juri-pose-3.jpg

@AriesWarlock hope you see this bro

Nice stuff! I really keep wanting to mess with Blender more, but  always get roped into other things. Have fun with the experimenting!

40 minutes ago, HeavensCloud said:

If Capcom/ASW made a new DS they could make it balls to the wall entertaining instead of focusing on 'e-sports'.

This would be a dream for me. I want it, even if it's a somewhat smaller roster than SF, to just go for broke and have fun again. Go nuts, go stylish, have some of the ASW flair and give us a new DS. I love SF, but another option is just nice.  I'm not a great player, but I love fighters, my sister and I played so much DS on the Saturn and have a blast, it was just so different from Alpha aesthetically and mechanically. I think DS and SF can survive without each other's audience.

39 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

They are Disney levels of drowning on decades of ips and chars that could easily be part of the cast that will allow for a variety of gameplay.

Yeah, no kidding, sometimes I go back and look at all the Cacom ips and they really could bring a bunch of stuff back, they could have their own Capcom version of smash with the sheer number of characters they have. It's a shame so many are dormant.

53 minutes ago, Skort said:

Hello all, been busy lately but got some spare time now. Hope you all doing fine.

I also been spending time learning better renders and poses in Blender and ofc used those skills to do some stuff with Juri.To achieve proper light and shadow can be really tough but i looked quite a lot into scene creation and hdri renders. I think it's starting to pay off. I am happy with my progress so far. 

Enjoy some Juri renders and poses i made 🙂

@AriesWarlock hope you see this bro

Dude, those look awesome. Well done. You even used the swimsuit costume (dem legs) 😎🤘!! Good to see you haven't quit at this. Is there a way to modify the size of hands and feet? It's one of the things I wish Capcom would do

Edited by AriesWarlock

I appreciate the feedback guys.

I can indeed change the size of her palms and feet but i don't really want to alter the model type. 

And no i have not quit this, i plan to really learn this software to my full potential, it's just that i have been busy irl as of late it's all. But got time now and my schedule is much better now. 

Good times ahead for Juri in Blender.

Edited by Skort
1 hour ago, Hecatom said:

Is kind of idiotic how capcom censored the costume when Cammy is usually showing way more skin.

Like common capcom, wtf?

It kind of gives credence to the leak, that they will start going the go woke go broke route.

You see the thing is...

I am trying to figure out what this actually serves. 

Because, almost every project in the entertainment industry that had a woke narrative or a faux-activism agenda did not make any sales or produce any *real* popularity aside from a bunch of tumblrettes and twitter twatters on social media. 

But, many of these types of people that *slipped* into the industry (often as charity cases) still insist of pushing this approach. 

For example, there is a new Cowboy Bepop adaptation on Netflix. Obviously, Netflix is going to butcher the source material (in fact, you have to question if they even read the source material at all). They are changing the context of a specific character who was subject to a accident that lead to horrible genetic changes to his own body, causing him to have anatomy similar to that of a woman. However, Netflix is altering the context behind this in order to show a binary character instead. Insult to injury, nothing about the plot or cast looks promising in the slightest. All of this was to be an expectation at this point. 

Even while people are actively calling out Netflix for butchering the source material of anime (and, by extension, games), the staff *still* insist on going on along with this project. 

Capcom taking this kind of approach with Cammy alongside the Blair costume is jarring. It is a Japanese company. It is not like the HQ switched over to the Western side like how Sony did with their organization. 

To matters even worse is the fact that Cammy's Blair costume is "censored..." 

While... the following elements

Spoiler

1). Urien is still walking around practically naked. 

2). About 60% of Chun-Li's costume revealing a good portion of her own form. 

3). Almost anything about Laura in general. 

4). Poison's costumes

5). R. Mika's costumes (including her default one) and her ass slappin'.  

Among others things: 

Are still present in the game. 

And, Cammy's default in a lot of cases is actually more revealing than what Blair currently has! 

Then you still also have to deal with Juri's costume inconsistency. 

And, most of the shit that were somehow censored or suspiciously edited to be more "kid-friendly" were given some really idiotic or just plain contradictory justifications. Even worse, is that this idea actually seems to please some of the few pansies that happen to be in the FGC.

Pansies as in = Grown ass men well into their 20s and 30s that go "ew cooties" or a variation of that every time a remotely good looking female polygon shape and/or model shows up on the screen. And, before you call me a liar or an exaggerator? No. Rip from the Tekken community actually *did* on one of his streams when a chat member mentioned Katarina. Then there all of this weird shit between Aris, Maximillian, Wiz and their generally (and now disturbingly) hypocritical opinion of the DOA series.  And, the strangely jovial reactions to Anita Sharkface's Tropes vs Women nonsense, that a lot of people on Eventscrubs outright fell for.

But. 

What do I know. 

On a smaller note, the very reason I continue using these AV is to trigger these... virtue signaling types. 

Edited by GreatDarkHero
... The definition of "core values" varies wildly among some people.
1 hour ago, Mr.Cipher said:

Outside of Granblues Cooldown Mechanic I can't think of any.

You could say SFV does with all it's anti-projectile mechanics.

Anime could too, but they don't care if you spam projectiles as long as you hit something with them.

I wouldnt put the cool down mechanic in that kind of category since it is there to replace the drawback of needing meter to do ex moves.

6 hours ago, Shakunetsu said:

A modern fighting game that has a game mechanic that prevent a player to spam his fireballs?

You mean something like a limited amount of projectiles that you can throw per round or anti-fireball tools? If it's the latter, almost every character in MK11 has either a teleport or some other strong anti-zoning tool. 

Despite that, MK players are still complaining about zoning in a game where just about everyone can nullify it. Not a day goes by that someone doesn't complain about my zoning Shang. The scrub mentality in that community is unbelievable, even good players unabashedly whine about certain playing styles and seem to lack any self-reflection whatsoever. The only difference between MK players and Smashers is that the former occasionally take a shower.

7 hours ago, Sonero said:

If you are interested in writing articles let me know.  I'll create forum sections for guides/articles, and then maybe move them to a wiki if we get enough of them.

Dayaan has already wrote some excellent 3S Ken guides:

Some of the buffs I see suggested for Nash are absolutely terrible. The most obnoxious one is turning Tragedy Assault into a command grab, then there are the others I read every other day about buffing his walkspeed and giving him a 3f. 

The goal always seems to be removing all of his perfectly reasonable weaknesses or slapping a nuclear weapon onto his kit while just making his offensive tools functional would suffice. Like can we see how he operates when Moonsault slash is faster than 37 frame startup before turning him into a marvel character 🙄

There was one time they had a combo tournament. Literally a tournament about who could do the best combos. That's how you know the game is on some other ish.

I remember watching the team tournament and the dude getting comboed  was nodding "yes" like he got hit by the smartest thing ever. Dude got opened up with cr.a and then got hit with an infinite. The whole game is nuts. 😂