Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread

34 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

It’s funny you mention Juri and Seth because those are two characters I’ve got my eye on for the patch. I’m hoping Juri’s VS2 gets some buffs since that is the one I’m interested in, and Seth I’m just waiting to see if the patch destroys him lol. I also wouldn’t mind Juri doing more damage.

Right now the only character I really like and care about is Nash. 

Seth needs more recovery on his axe kick and rapid hands needs to put him at least in grab range if they insist the thing is minus 2. 

Overall the character feels way to safe to play imo but he is fun.

Juri VS 2 i would make the following changes

- the fireball lingers on screen longer, allowing her to at least safely store one or two fuhas behind it, acting as a shield

- does not knock down, allowing juri to combo from it with her normals ,not act just as a juggle point mid-air

- allow Juri to cancel from the charge requirement by double tapping UP and perform a neutral jump, double tapping down and remain on the spot or forward / backdash. This applies to her VS 1 as well. It's a quality of life change that should had been in the game since Season 1

- lower the frame requirement on the initial charge by a shitton. 

PS : should i stream from rookie or not......Actually feel like starting over since so long.But the thought of relearning most things is annoying looking at the fact that most likely the game is full of smurfs and yolo shotos  around.

Edited by Skort
13 minutes ago, Skort said:

PS : should i stream from rookie or not......Actually feel like starting over since so long.But the thought of relearning most things is annoying looking at the fact that most likely the game is full of smurfs and yolo shotos  around.

Unlike me, you'd probably get out of it, so why not? 🤣

16 minutes ago, Skort said:

Seth needs more recovery on his axe kick and rapid hands needs to put him at least in grab range if they insist the thing is minus 2. 

Overall the character feels way to safe to play imo but he is fun.

Juri VS 2 i would make the following changes

- the fireball lingers on screen longer, allowing her to at least safely store one or two fuhas behind it, acting as a shield

- does not knock down, allowing juri to combo from it with her normals ,not act just as a juggle point mid-air

- allow Juri to cancel from the charge requirement by double tapping UP and perform a neutral jump, double tapping down and remain on the spot or forward / backdash. This apples to her VS 1 as well. It's a quality of life change that should had been in the game since Season 1

- lower the frame requirement on the initial charge by a shitton. 

PS : should i stream from rookie or not lmao.Actually feel like starting over since so long.But the thought of relearning most things is annoying looking at the fact that most likely the game is full of smurfs and yolo shotos  around.

If you do stream Capcom just added extra points for win streaks up to like Ultra Plat I think. So you’ll climb pretty fast if you do 👍🏽 

Yeah VS2 needs some buffs, and longer length is definitely the biggest one I want. When I play Nash using booms to stock his VS2 is essential so I’d like something similar for Juri. She can kinda do it with L.Fuha but another tool would be nice. It also needs a damage buff. Pretty sure it does like 50 damage and 80 stun...

I don’t like her VS1 because you have to dash forward or back to stop charging it without flying across the screen. It’s so dumb 🙄

Id like a buff for her VT2 but that is probably a lost cause lol

17 minutes ago, Volt said:

Unlike me, you'd probably get out of it, so why not? 🤣

I mean , up until super silver u just need to anti air and you will be out of it.Just play  ( not sure you troll or not btw ) . 

7 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

If you do stream Capcom just added extra points for win streaks up to like Ultra Plat I think. So you’ll climb pretty fast if you do 👍🏽 

Interesting. I haven't read on it because i was busy irl. Seems they changed some stuff. Good to know, ty. Maybe i will stream it or at least play.

8 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

Id like a buff for her VT2 but that is probably a lost cause lol

Only way this thing can be half decent is if Juri was allowed to have multiple charges of the kick she does upon activation to draw in the opponent when they are pushed out of normal range in order to allow her to extend her combos.

It's a terrible idea as it is.The kind of idea that baffles my mind how it even passed the alpha stage of development when they were coming up with new v-skills. Capcom can go fuck themselves for this.

Jeah I think if ANYTHING should be touched on Seth it's the axe kick. Just kinda weird they immediately nerfed Chun's instant air legs as soon as Season 2 started but Seth gets pretty much the same thing plus his other awesome tools.

At the same time tho... I like that Seth is strong. For a while it felt like Capcom was releasing super safe, flawed versions of characters like Cody, Ed and Falke because they were scared they'd be too broken. I feel like Seth is them finally just saying 'fuck it'. He's probably one of the game's best designed and most fun to play characters imo. 

There's definitely more bullshit things about Seth not just his axe kick. 

I feel his v-skill 1 is pretty insane as well when you factor in the screen space it covers, you can't really whiff anything or he sucks you in,becomes immune to fireball while you get get drawn in and it's safe on block as well  if he just sucks you in. 

This is the overall feel i have for Seth, he is just way too safe to play for the options he has.

2 hours ago, Skort said:

I haven't played this game in like 1 year + . The time where i played a bit with  @Vhozite and me messing around to see some costume mods for Juri don't count.

Though i kinda feel like making an alt and starting from the scratch again, maybe even stream it on twitch to see how the game goes.

Play Juri, Poison some Seth from rookie and see where it leads me. I legit forgot like half the stuff i am supposed to do i think.

Funny I noticed a lot of Juri players switching to Seth and doing better.  Seems like Seth plays similar to what Juri players are looking for, just that he suits the meta better.  

6 minutes ago, HeavensCloud said:

Funny I noticed a lot of Juri players switching to Seth and doing better.  Seems like Seth plays similar to what Juri players are looking for, just that he suits the meta better.  

I ain't switching from Juri, this character will forever be my main. I consider Poison to be my alt and Seth makes for a 3rd i suppose. 

I usually pick characters based on their visual design not gameplay ( don't judge ).

3 minutes ago, Jocelot said:

Look Skort, I've always liked you but if they "Nash" Seth I'm gonna blame you

I don't want them to gut Seth. I actually like the character.  But some changes are required in some departments. 

G can go fuck himself though, that's a character i hope to never see in another SF game again.

15 minutes ago, Skort said:

I ain't switching from Juri, this character will forever be my main. I consider Poison to be my alt and Seth makes for a 3rd i suppose. 

I usually pick characters based on their visual design not gameplay ( don't judge ).

I don't want them to gut Seth. I actually like the character.  But some changes are required in some departments. 

G can go fuck himself though, that's a character i hope to never see in another SF game again.

Fair enough.  Juri and Poison are definitely characters that I'm a fan of and enjoy fighting.   Seth is another story.....

As for adjustments they could definitely nerf Seth's axe kick but it depends on how their balance philosophy is this time around.  Knowing Capcom they'll either gut the character or somehow make him even better 🤣

Edited by HeavensCloud
8 hours ago, Hecatom said:

Reminder, Bin Salban killed a news reporter for talking against him and then he chopped it to remove it from the hotel.

He also has killed civilians that refused to move away from his properties when he took them away for his new city.

If there is something twatter should be moaning about, is this.

57 billion? I'm guessing that should be 5.7 billion? Still a lot if you consider that Microsoft acquired Bethesda for 7.5. 

In any case, he's safe from the Twitter mob as he's not a white or East-Asian male.

16 minutes ago, Skort said:

Speaking of that , i wonder if Microsoft owning Bethesda now means no more Doom or Elder Scrolls games for the PS 4 / 5. 

I do wonder why Microsoft bothers with Xbox anymore since they port most of their stuff on PC now.

I more wonder if that means that Bethesda now has to finish their games, instead of delivering half baked data clumbs that the community has to fix for them.

34 minutes ago, Skort said:

Speaking of that , i wonder if Microsoft owning Bethesda now means no more Doom or Elder Scrolls games for the PS 4 / 5. 

I do wonder why Microsoft bothers with Xbox anymore since they port most of their stuff on PC now.

Most, if not all games will still be released on PS, it's just that Xbox will get perks like exclusive DLC and such. Obviously, MS will also take a cut from PS sales. According to Phil Spencer it would be decided on a case-by-case basis.

1 hour ago, Volta said:

57 billion? I'm guessing that should be 5.7 billion? Still a lot if you consider that Microsoft acquired Bethesda for 7.5. 

In any case, he's safe from the Twitter mob as he's not a white or East-Asian male.

57 billion whatever the currency is on Saudi Arabia, is way less in $.

He also isnt the owner of SNK, but 1/3rd of it, the majority share holder is still Tencent.

Bruh you got 53 ranked matches you barely even tried. I have 1200 ranked matches played on PC and I haven’t touched that mode in like 2 or 3 years. 

Get your hands dirty before you complain about being bad 🤣

Edit: More perspective, 

@Sonerohas -4600 ranked matches

@Doctrine_Darkhas over 18000

Trashbox (ranked 1 on CFN) has 56000...literally over 1000x more experience than you in ranked. 

Memes aside, you have barely even played the game. 

Edited by Vhozite
8 hours ago, Vhozite said:

Bruh you got 53 ranked matches you barely even tried. I have 1200 ranked matches played on PC and I haven’t touched that mode in like 2 or 3 years. 

Get your hands dirty before you complain about being bad 🤣

Edit: More perspective, 

@Sonerohas -4600 ranked matches

@Doctrine_Darkhas over 18000

Trashbox (ranked 1 on CFN) has 56000...literally over 1000x more experience than you in ranked. 

Memes aside, you have barely even played the game. 

The bulk of my matches are lounges against y'all. 🤣

Real talk tho, do you know anyone that couldn't make it out of Rookie in 50 matches besides me? 🤔

Certified WOAT Ranked SFV player, I'm just built different. 😤

20 minutes ago, Volt said:

The bulk of my matches are lounges against y'all. 🤣

Real talk tho, do you know anyone that couldn't make it out of Rookie in 50 matches besides me? 🤔

Certified WOAT Ranked SFV player, I'm just built different. 😤

Yeah, you gotta put more effort in man. I have 2500 ranked matches on PS4, 2200 on my main PC account, and 100 matches on Smurf account that I barely touch. I'm 40 year old fossil fam, I shouldn't be out working you.

21 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

So someone posted that rose leak a page or two back and here is another one I found on Reddit 

Hide contents

image0.webp

Spoilers...but tbh I have no idea who this is supposed to be. I’m assuming it’s the last character unless one of y’all know who this is?

He is Akiras older Brother, from Rival Shools, Daigo

2 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

That’s Akira’s brother, Daigo. If he’s not the final character for the game, then he could be like Nadeshiko and appear in her v trigger and super.

Speaking of super, I saw another leak that showed data for CA2 in the files. Hoping it’s fake or old news because that’s be pointless for almost every character. 

I will say that a new, invincible CA is maybe the one thing Capcom could add that’d make me play Vega again. It would also be nice for Nash to have a CA that isn’t double digit frame start up and meaty jab bait. 

22 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

That’s Akira’s brother, Daigo. If he’s not the final character for the game, then he could be like Nadeshiko and appear in her v trigger and super.

Given that Rival Schools had the team fights and team supers going on.

I can see it being like Kyosuke on CvS2, where his lvlv 3 had him doing a super attack with all his team mates.

Where Akira summons Daigo and another one of her friends to do a super attack.

27 minutes ago, Skort said:

Two guest characters will maybe piss off people i think.

This ain't a guest character thing.

Unless you want to count Cody,Zeku,Lucina,Poison and Vroom Vroom as guest characters too.

Capcom has a shared Universe, Rival School and Final Fight exist in them, not sure about Darkstalkers, but going by SFs nature it wouldn't surprise me.

Not sure about RE and DMC tho.

This is also not uncommon for series to do this.

You should play Melty Blood, you have cool stuff there, like Maids chargining you with chairs.

Akira is cool so regardless if she is guest or not i don't mind her in the roster, i will at least try her out. Still i think the spot should had gone to a returning character though.

Having that said i am personally not a fan of these assist moves in SF games at least the new ones ( if that datamined dude will be Akira's assist ) .I don't really want to see summons, assists,tag teams and so on.

Imo SF should be 1 v 1 clean and simple.

Edited by Skort

83ea564c10245a71028526fe6670022722b1f0e4

They are actually in the same universe but it doesn't mean they are the same persons.

It might had a that they are a different versions of themselves or a parallel

Blood type plays an important characterization in Japanese culture which is different from western understanding. That it’s like Zodiac sign or something.

The SF one is A and the other is O in bloodtype. Unless there are two Sakura now existing in SF? which is more complicated.

The current SF Sakura backstory doesn’t also acknowledge the events in RS and her involvement.

So we can also assume that some events in RS isn’t canon in SF history.