Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread

8 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

All of you will drop the game in less than a month. 

Dunno why you kid yourselves just because they added your waifus. 

That is a possibility on my part. 

I just feel it may be an ok time to try and learn a new fighting game.  I may or may not enjoy it. If i drop it fast,who cares really, just a game. 

I just enjoy what i see from Strive's gameplay so doesn't hurt to at least try it.

33 minutes ago, Skort said:

That is a possibility on my part. 

I just feel it may be an ok time to try and learn a new fighting game.  I may or may not enjoy it. If i drop it fast,who cares really, just a game. 

I just enjoy what i see from Strive's gameplay so doesn't hurt to at least try it.

The fact that you want to jump into the series in what would be the worst GG except on visuals is saddening tbh, lol

2 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

The fact that you want to jump into the series in what would be the worst GG except on visuals is saddening tbh, lol

I understand your point of view. 

But look at it from my perspective. I am not a GG veteran, not even a casual. I played XRD a bit and that's about it. Since this new game will most likely bring new players in and change up the game's playstyle a bit as well i think it's an ok opportunity to give it a shot.

I suppose GG veterans that dislike Strive will stick to the former titles.I was hoping that would happen to SF 4 veterans that dislike SF 5 but it's difficult to find a match online that works half decent. 

20 minutes ago, Skort said:

I understand your point of view. 

But look at it from my perspective. I am not a GG veteran, not even a casual. I played XRD a bit and that's about it. Since this new game will most likely bring new players in and change up the game's playstyle a bit as well i think it's an ok opportunity to give it a shot.

I suppose GG veterans that dislike Strive will stick to the former titles.I was hoping that would happen to SF 4 veterans that dislike SF 5 but it's difficult to find a match online that works half decent. 

The problem with that way of thinking is that you are assuming that the gameplay shakeup will even the field.

From what every friend of mine that played and my brother, the game is too punishing for newcomers.

You die in 2 or 3 mixups. The damage is way too high making the matches finish rather quickly, so it doesnt let room to learn from what you are doing wrong.

The current design of the game is counterintuitive with the idea of making it a game that welcomes people that have not playe fgs at all, neither people that come from SF games.

Edit

The only thing that would make the game worth something (but not much) is if the stupid basic bitch Millia is finally low tier.

Fuck that character.

Edited by Hecatom
3 hours ago, Skort said:

I can somewhat relate but i always tend to chose the characters based on looks alone.

From the current roster i am most likely going to main Millia 

Guilty-Gear-Strive-Millia-Rage-and-Zato- 

Still hoping I-NO gets added down the line,she is too cool not to be added.

Yeah Millia is actually one character I’m interested for strictly gameplay reasons...

I'm very curious for StriVe. But like I said before and even more relevant now: AC+R got rollback and  Rev2 is on PC. You can play the Guilty Gear games that feel like Guilty Gear all you want now. Them doing something new doesn't have as much on the previous user base as it would've even some 5 years ago.

Might as well go wild when you have the other games be very accessible.

40 minutes ago, Sonero said:

I'm very curious for StriVe. But like I said before and even more relevant now: AC+R got rollback and  Rev2 is on PC. You can play the Guilty Gear games that feel like Guilty Gear all you want now. Them doing something new doesn't have as much on the previous user base as it would've even some 5 years ago.

Might as well go wild when you have the other games be very accessible.

Says the boricua that bitches to no end about SFV and bitched equally about SFIV.  😂

There is doing different, and then what amounts to saying  a turd is a diamond. 

Using one of mIRC prases. 

Strive is Glamurous Garbage. 

Edited by Hecatom
19 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

Says the boricua that bitches to no end about SFV and bitched equally about SFIV.

Yeah and I play a lot of A3 with @misterBee and I'll play other SF games with other people.

So yeah, my statement stands even more given how many other games I can play and find players on in PC. The odds of me getting a PS5 by the time SF6 releases are very small.  Which means the decision is whether or not I'll spend an inordinate amount of money to do that or just play fightcade on ST and call it a day.

7 minutes ago, Sonero said:

Yeah and I play a lot of A3 with @misterBee and I'll play other SF games with other people.

So yeah, my statement stands even more given how many other games I can play and find players on in PC. The odds of me getting a PS5 by the time SF6 releases are very small.  Which means the decision is whether or not I'll spend an inordinate amount of money to do that or just play fightcade on ST and call it a day.

Not my point bro. 

I am talking about how absurd is for you to try to make me not rant about glamorous garbage strive when mentioning smash, cosplay or playing sfv is enough for you to do the same. 

I will play old gg, but still rant about that pos that they are trying to pos as Guilty Gear. 

14 minutes ago, Sonero said:

You can rant all you want, but now there's even less reasons why Strive being a departure from the style of AC and Xrd is an issue.

If PS4 Xrd runs on PS5, those reasons bottom out too.

Great way to miss the point.

My nigga.

The reason why i rant is because this trash will either kill the franchise when it fails or at best create a rift in the series where we will always have this unnecessary division between those who like GG style games and whatever this trash is supposed to be (like with the NGS series where the franchise has this division between those who like arcade racing games with super cars, and those who like the unnecessary fluff of tunning, story and all that shit.).

This is a game that didnt need to exists, at least not with the GG name.

I really hope that thet next SF game is a tag team game to see the salt on all you mofos that are trying to play the high horse now.

Edited by Hecatom
12 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

This is a game that didnt need to exists, at least not with the GG name.

I really hope that thet next SF game is a tag team game to see the salt on all you mofos that are trying to play the high horse now.

There's no high horse. I can play and have played a bunch of 3S. Not lately but have the ability. I can play an have played A3. how does SF5 being release stop me from doing either of those?

Strive being in development had 0 bearing on whether or not I was going to play the beta for AC+R. When I get the time I could sit down and actually practice stuff that has relevance to gameplay. Outside of MvC2 and CvS2, I basically have access to all the games I want to play with good to okay online. Whatever happens with the next set of games is irrelevant since I can still play the games I like online.

That's why them experimenting is sort of irrelevant. The people who love the playstyle of the XX series can play it online; those that like Xrd can play it online for an eternity and a half. New games don't change anything in your ability to access the gameplay you like anymore.

Even though I've spent most of my time playing SFV, I really do enjoy MK11.  Sometimes I be meaning to sit down and take my time learning Sonya/Cassie. I just never get around to it. I always like to think back to the days when I was strictly an MK kid. All I was playing day and night was Ultimate MK3. That was the #1 fighting game for me.  I was always into everything, but I always had times where I'd only focus on certain games. I'd really like to reignite my inner MK.

1 hour ago, Doctrine_Dark said:

I really do enjoy MK11

Yeah, I was the same way with MK as a kid, and I’m really loving MK11 right now. They did  such a good job with the character designs and dipping into nostalgia (where they didn’t retcon things to hell haha), but it’s built fairly solid, and allowing customs in ranked really opened it up.

do you have it on PS4? If so, we should play some games.

1 hour ago, Mattatsu said:

Yeah, I was the same way with MK as a kid, and I’m really loving MK11 right now. They did  such a good job with the character designs and dipping into nostalgia (where they didn’t retcon things to hell haha), but it’s built fairly solid, and allowing customs in ranked really opened it up.

do you have it on PS4? If so, we should play some games.

For sure. I'll try to hit you up this weekend if I'm around. 

19 minutes ago, Volt said:

Did Xrd get rollback too?

No, maybe PC Xrd will have it in the future. But the point is that it Those games aren't locked at in an old console anymore. There are practical solutions to playing them long term (get yourself a PC).

30th may not be great, but its servicesable if you want a legal way to play old SF games. If you're in this games as a hobbyist (jumping into the FGC) eventually you'll run into fightcade. This makes all older games playable with an accessible crowd of people to play against.

That means that companies can actually go wilder with design. The players they gained with any one game become evergreen players in PC. You can always play the game you like indefinitely. This frees up newer games to take chances if that's what the companies deem is necessary or fits their fancy.

It isn't an endorsement of them screwing up the core gameplay of series. Games should still play and feel like the games they came from. As a player though, the impact of a new game  coming in and switching the whole scene over to a game you don't like is at its most negligible ever. With PC where they are in terms of game selections, unless you play some really niche thing, you literally never have to stop playing the game you love with the gameplay you like.

So new games being ass matter less for dragging people who may not like them along. If a new game sucks, you can go back to playing the old one stat.

1 hour ago, Sonero said:

Games should still play and feel like the games they came from.

Strive still has at least 6 months in the oven, right? And with Covid stuff, it might get delayed again, who knows. 

What I'm saying is, no one has played strive. Period. 

But this is an interesting point... Anyone have examples of games that completely changed the base mechanics so much that it doesn't feel like that game anymore?? I'd say MvCi is a pretty huge change from the rest of the MvC series...

1 hour ago, Sonero said:

If a new game sucks, you can go back to playing the old one stat.

agreed zach braff GIF by HULU

Absolutely. One of the biggest pluses of fighting games in the depth. People are still trying to develop and implement tech in 20+ year old games. If you love a game, you don't have to let it go. 

16 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Let me continue my descent into Bronze getting dumb as Blair colors on PS4....5. I gained points on my smurf account, only lost a few hundred on PC. I'm down like 800 points. I'm gonna hit Ultra Bronze soon. @VoltSave a seat for me in Rookie fam. We'll chill together soon.

So I got rhe damn colors cost me like 1200 points. 😑 Down to Ultra Bronze.....yeah when I get home from work today it's Kolin time. These bronze fools gonna catch these frozen hands.

M052VYP.gif

39 minutes ago, Shakunetsu said:

Will Street Fighter 5's final season be a test bed for Street Fighter 6? Should developers still be dumbing down games for casual players?

https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2020/dec/02/test-bed-street-fighter-6/

terrible idea eventhubs

They will dumb the game down, there ain't a way in hell that they won't.

And it won't drawn in more player like they hope.

Remember the Panels they had during the transition from SFIV to V?

Where they wanted to sell you, that they want to listen to community feedback and that they will buff more than Nerf.

There ain't a way in hell that they've learned anything from their past experiences.

They're pumping out content for SFV through all of next year, right? So SFVI in 2022. 

Got out of rookie last time I played (cough @Voltcough). Maybe I should gun for Silver, seems like I'll have plenty of time before the next one drops. 

Also have a feeling that capcom won't be dropping any fighting games between now and then. That MH and RE money too good to be messing around with these silly button bashing games 

1 hour ago, BornWinner said:

It’s been 84 years but we finally got some KOF 15 info.

What the...

Is Capcom involved with this shit? How come they went radio silent all this time and still don't have a SINGLE CHARACTER to show!?

Not even one! ONE!!!

48 minutes ago, Volt said:

What the...

Is Capcom involved with this shit? How come they went radio silent all this time and still don't have a SINGLE CHARACTER to show!?

Not even one! ONE!!!

It's the good ol' announcement of an announcement.  Oh well, just happy that we finally have some sort of news and a concrete date.  

Been looking forward to this game for A WHILE -  but it has to have rollback or I'm not touching it.  If they go radio silent on the subject I'm just going to assume delay netcode again and that's a bust for me.  

55 minutes ago, Volt said:

What the...

Not even one! ONE!!!

After hearing nothing for over a year, it’s just nice to see that there’s some progress enough for a trailer to be shown. Which is somehow better than Capcom still holding Dan over people’s heads.

Speaking of, guess what they did when the news came out?

This would have been a great time to show a trailer for a character that’s supposed to be coming out this month.

1 minute ago, BornWinner said:

After hearing nothing for over a year, it’s just nice to see that there’s some progress enough for a trailer to be shown.

That's the problem here.

What progress!?

2 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

Which is somehow better than Capcom still holding Dan over people’s heads.

Speaking of, guess what they did when the news came out?

That has gotta be the lamest stand rush ever. They adding all those wind effects for 2 punches that aren't even fast? 😴

59 minutes ago, Skort said:

Videos like this further makes me wish that whoever thought Juri needed a redesign when it comes to gameplay should make mobile games for the rest of his game developer career and never touch a game like SF ever again.

Whoever you are,

All they had to do was swap the counter for the Hazanshu.

But nope they had to make her stores give her mediocre moves instead of her unique ways to use fireballs.

But oh well this is SFV and unique = bad.

7 hours ago, KingTubb said:

Strive still has at least 6 months in the oven, right? And with Covid stuff, it might get delayed again, who knows. 

What I'm saying is, no one has played strive. Period. 

But this is an interesting point... Anyone have examples of games that completely changed the base mechanics so much that it doesn't feel like that game anymore?? I'd say MvCi is a pretty huge change from the rest of the MvC series...

agreed zach braff GIF by HULU

Absolutely. One of the biggest pluses of fighting games in the depth. People are still trying to develop and implement tech in 20+ year old games. If you love a game, you don't have to let it go. 

Wrong.

People have played Strive.

The closed beta while not having the full scope of the mechanics, it already had the majority of them, and the core base of the game is already set in stone.

All the changes make for a shallow experience, with a very limmited way of playing.

Then you have the last showcase that while it showed the new mechanics added, the core is still the same.

Expecting the game having a drastic change at this point is naive at best.

As for examples for games changing their core gameplay, maybe we dont have many fgs examples, but we have plenty of games in other genres.

Be either failed attempts to trying to attract new markets, chasing trends or new developers being brought into the mix.

We have racing games like the NFS series, that only managed to create 2 different fandoms with little overlap between each other.

We have DmC that almost killed the franchise.

We have the multiple iterations of the Crash Bandicoot, and its spinoffs.

Etc.