Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread

8 hours ago, Shakunetsu said:

Not into Chun and Claw

I was looking for a literal wall run thanks for the Chipp Tip

Something that can a character can escape being corned

I hope there is still other characters too. So that I can compare how they differ in function and mechanic

There are (i played with some of them) but i dont remember them right now.  Lol. 

8 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I knew I liked Bae Briggs for a reason. 

Also 250 meterless midscreen from s1.

112 (1 hit) xx up rocket, forward dash cancel b2 xx Clinch 4>4>3. Can skip the b2 stuff and go straight for knee to blow up a breakaway for 345 too. Only 175 if they don’t breakaway so it’s a gamble, but it’s still there. 

Honestly can’t decide on a variation for her. Rockets, DOT grenades, knee, clinch, and cancels all have great cases to be made for them , and those aren’t even her best options. 

In particular rockets vs grenades has me stuck. Rockets give her meterless launches and hilarious damage but have less practical applications outside of combos. DOT grenades are less exciting but give a character with fairly poor neutral options a small of amount of zoning and unblockable damage. 

I might pair rockets with cancels and knee and see what that can do, but clinch is where her grown woman damage comes from. 

Honestly, I didn't really play much MK11. I just picked Jacqui because it was nice to have black girl in a game for a change. You'd think their would be more but their aren't. Then she had the muay thai stance and I've never been big on MK getting away from the martial arts aesthetic. So them leaning back into with Jacqui was a draw for me. 

Edited by Darc_Requiem
32 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I just picked Jacqui because it was nice to have black girl in a game for a change. You'd think their would be more but their aren't.

I hate to say it but this doesn’t surprise me at all. Like I can’t properly articulate why but I think black women aren’t popular in society in general, and that trend bleeds into FGs. 

Hopefully that trend changes tho. We got cool new dudes in Strive and Kekken 7 so hopefully the ladies will follow 🙌🏽 

Holy shit I thought I was in the Mortal Kombat thread this whole time lol

Edited by Vhozite
45 minutes ago, TheDarkPhoenix said:

I've played sf5 two weeks straight almost and i've lost 2.5k points trying to understand how I can't open people up with frame traps and why I can't blow up delay tech without getting mashed on.

I've learned nothing. 

I might just hang up sf5 for good  or at least till  oro and rose.

What level of players are you getting matched against, if you don't mind me asking?

1 hour ago, TheDarkPhoenix said:

I've played sf5 two weeks straight almost and i've lost 2.5k points trying to understand how I can't open people up with frame traps and why I can't blow up delay tech without getting mashed on.

I've learned nothing. 

I might just hang up sf5 for good  or at least till  oro and rose.

Is almost like after what? 4 or 5 year that the game has been out you would have learned your lesson 🤣

Neither Oro or Rose will change your experience bro.

1 hour ago, TheDarkPhoenix said:

I'm down to platinum's and ultra gold now. 

Ah yes. They play pretty wild. Definitely a test of patience from what I remember. Sometimes doing nothing (literally nothing) will be your saving grace for online SFV.

They will downback for days and buffer in any moves/motions during blockstun to interrupt you. Makes you anxious to do anything.

I haven't really played for serious on ranked since s1 but watching other players it seems like people just wanna party haha

On 1/2/2021 at 8:39 AM, Vhozite said:

This has nothing to do with anyone specific but I can’t stand when content creators don’t edit out super animations in combo videos. 

Not to drag OG stuff, but back in the old days an SRKer named TS made a combo video of stuff that was all over in combo videos at the time. He did this in order to point out all the corny stuff they would do:

It was original on youtube until the music got hit with a copyright strike.  Full of bad editing, corny quotes, doing a taunt after every combo etc. Brazilians/Mexicans were turbo bad at the time with corny stuff. They'd do  a combo video and then basically put up all the different "crews" they were repping for whatever insane South American reasons they had to do it.

Happy New Year to the rest of you. Hope y'all are doing good. I would address some corny people but . If you entered 2021 with poor reading and comprehension skills, no way its going to get fixed this year.

For the quick recap though, always remember that:

1) Preppy started it.

2) I'm the one who got random dumbshit thrown at me before my mother died and after she did.

3) d3v is the one who cucked out instead of being an admin.

4) Darc_Requimen and Vhozite are the ones who called out d3v and encouraged people to come over.

5) misterBee is the one rocking out the nice website layout.

So thank the last three for moving you over to nicer digs.