Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread

19 hours ago, Skort said:

Yea i don't know why the are hyping Dan so much. 

I mean, it's just Dan. Is there any point ?  

I think it's further pissing off people that didn't want him in the first place, constantly reminding them of what's to come.

It's not that. 

Dan is just so forgettable that they're reminding themselves of their plans.

Cut them some slack.

1 hour ago, Vhozite said:

I actually work at Barnes and Noble rn. When I go in tomorrow I’m gonna look for your book to confirm 👀 

Given that has taken me 2 to 4 weeks to get personal copies printed and shipped good luck with that 🤣 Rough copy is in the light blue. Current copy is at the top. Those two are identical. I just have my government name on the one I gifted to my mother. So I blacked it out. I think the only person here that knows my government name is @misterBee

1425427510_ProjectsPic.thumb.jpg.766d60544966ff96e4ef2915898233e2.jpg

Edited by Darc_Requiem
1 hour ago, BornWinner said:

Less than 11 hours until the KOF 15 trailer and SamSho season 3 is revealed. Hope everyone gets what they want with the reveal.

So I'm getting a bus full of Lizzos running over Lucky Glauber, backing over him, and then parking on him. It's like Christmas in January.

Idk if they did it they probably have good reasons to do so.

Way to ruin the anticipation and hype they built so far though.

Yo @  devs don't announce stuff until u are sure like 100% sure, like I could had posted it one week ago but I am posting it now sure.

Save yourself a lot of trouble.

For me a CGI trailer does not mean much.Especially for a FG.

I would much prefer to look at some in-game screenshots  rather than some flashy vid that has nothing to do with the actual game.

I kinda feel like the gaming industry should move away from flashy cgi movies in general looking at how much game engines have evolved and the fact that they can make great trailers with actual footage.

14 minutes ago, Skort said:

For me a CGI trailer does not mean much.Especially for a FG.

I would much prefer to look at some in-game screenshots  rather than some flashy vid that has nothing to do with the actual game.

I kinda feel like the gaming industry should move away from flashy cgi movies in general looking at how much game engines have evolved and the fact that they can make great trailers with actual footage.

I got duped into buying Star Wars the old republic as a kid because of the cgi trailers lol. 

Bruh.... 

Why would you put a hard date on an ANNOUNCEMENT a month out if you weren't going to be ready?

I mean, fuck, Capcom didn't have shit and they just showed a shitty video of someone filming a screen DSP style and some concept art with vague dates tied to it. 

You announced this game 18 months ago, you fucking dorks. 

ON TOP OF THAT, JUST ANNOUNCE THE CHARACTERS FOR SEASON 3. you know who they are, just say it and show a picture, you absolute dipshits

Edited by KingTubb

Still waiting patiently. KOF *will* be here again. 

And, depending on what happens in the future... KOF and Street Fighter will have a reunion. 

But, in this case, it needs to be led by either SNK or some other company that will provide that sort of assistance with the right kind of contracts. 

I just hope my homeboy Geese Howard makes it back for another round to terrorize people again. 

Mai I don't need to worry about. 

And, hopefully Luong and Blue Mary will make it back. Blue Mary was pretty fun in XIV but I could only play her in one tournament. 

GOD FUCKING DAMN IT! 

I HAVEN'T BEEN TO A TOURNAMENT SINCE 2019!! Fuck this COVID shit! 

9 hours ago, BornWinner said:

Less than 11 hours until the KOF 15 trailer and SamSho season 3 is revealed. Hope everyone gets what they want with the reveal.

I really, reaaaaaaaaaaaaaally hope the Last Blade char is Setsuna.

But we all know it will be Hibiki, despite not even the main character of the series, or part of the main trio, lol.

5 hours ago, HeavensCloud said:

The entire staff went on vacation during covid?  Up until the day of the trailer reveal?   Doesn't seem like the smartest decision on their part....

I think is more in the line that Japanese tend to be very mindful about rspecting serious stuff.

They probably decided that wasnt a good idea to release the announcement in the middle of a freaking nation wide state of emergency.

I know most people dont care because they dont live there and dont watch international news.

But is understandable that it could be a major reason of why we are getting the reveal postponed.

Is the reveal of a fucking game, that shit can wait since is not important at all in the long run.

Getting revealed later is not the end of the world.

Edited by Hecatom
5 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

@HecatomI'm sorry for preferring discussing our disappointment in SNK to that shit show that is happening in my nations capital. One is good fun, the other is a damned embarrassment.

I am talking about the japanese state of emergency.

https://english.kyodonews.net/news/2021/01/1e0875806309-suga-to-declare-state-of-emergency-in-tokyo-area-as-virus-surges.html

I think it got eclipsed by your own state of emergency, which tends to happen, lol.

Plus, their state of emergency is related to covid, and that is old news for any news network.

Is not as juicy as what is happening on USA, that brings more views all thanks to the drama.

Something similar happened some years ago, my country had a shitshow happening (an actual coup d'etat that was orchestrated by the military and the private sector) and then boom, Michael Jackson died, and no one cared about it, not even some people here lol.

I am just saying, people need to understand that if they delayed the reveal, is because in part is their culture to respect serious manners, and is out of their control.

People act like not having the reveal of a video game somehow is the worst shit to happen, which is ridiculous.

Edited by Hecatom

Gootecks did something stupid again. Look it up at your own risk.

37 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

I really, reaaaaaaaaaaaaaally hope the Last Blade char is Setsuna.

But we all know it will be Hibiki

Oh Setsuna would be awesome. He is too cool to only be in two games. But yeah, I think Hibiki’s got it. She’s a safe choice and great character in her own right.

@HecatomI don't really care about the delay personally. It gave me something less serious, IMO, to talk about. I'd have to look up the last time our seat of government was overrun by armed "protesters".

Edit: Unrelated, yeah I don't think I'll bother posting a hard cover version of my book for sale. I won't make a damn thing on it unless I sell the book for like $25....jeez. 

Edit: Seems $25.75 was the average price for a hard cover book of my length in 2017. Tells you how long ago I bought a book.... 👀

Edited by Darc_Requiem
24 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

I am just saying, people need to understand that if they delayed the reveal, is because in part is their culture to respect serious manners, and is out of their control.

I think part of the problem lies in that the tweet in question doesn’t mention the state of emergency so people were just left to wonder why the hell they don’t just put it up. At least the tweet SNK Global posted.

Not that I think it would change much even if they did state there’s an emergency going on. I remember when Nintendo had to delay a direct cause of the giant earthquake and you would think they came and shot some of the fans’ puppies.

3 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

What did he do this time?

I don't know. I saw that Ultra David blocked him on Twitter. Said he hated to do it, but...I don't know what the fuck happened to Gootecks. Dude is legit off his rocker man. I saw other people basically pleading for people close to him to get him help. Dude has gone off the deep end. I mean merciless Twitter is hoping he gets help....that speaks volumes.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
23 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Edit: Unrelated, yeah I don't think I'll bother posting a hard cover version of my book for sale. I won't make a damn thing on it unless I sell the book for like $25....jeez. 

Edit: Seems $25.75 was the average price for a hard cover book of my length in 2017. Tells you how long ago I bought a book.... 👀

$25 sounds pretty average for the hardcovers in my store. Talking very generally hardcovers are usually mid-20’s to low 30’s. I spend most of my “free” time in the military history section and like 90% of the hardcovers are $22 or more. Obama’s book is $36 hardcover and that is with the B&N 20% off. 

Without the discount I wouldn’t be able to shop there the way I do now lol