Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread

5 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

Not making any promises but you can see the butterfly fly up if you slow down the video.

You're right. I rewatched the trailer and E N H A N C E D and it definitely still transforms. At least, a little bit. The guarding hitsparks are so damn big I didn't even notice.

2 minutes ago, TWINBLADES_SRK said:

I have 0 hype for Anji.

> : (

Edited by Jocelot

Ryu: "The year 2020... was nothing but a hot mess. Such is the way of the warrior. Those who are strong? Keep fighting the best you can. The weak? Protect them. Help them choose their own path if they are willing to apply themselves. The pursuit of power of knowledge must go on."

https://twitter.com/MachoorTV/status/1344813502523977728?s=20

Edited by GreatDarkHero
23 minutes ago, Phantom_Miria said:

Oh boy, Necalli isn't in the group shot with all the other SF bosses?

He keeps sinking lower and lower in that mud swamp he came from.

You think you had a bad game?
You think you know what pain is?
Necalli isn't just in pain.
He is pain.
He has been born into pain.
Was raised by pain.
And will wither and die in pain.
Every fiber of his existence is to maximize pain.
Capcom's analytics department researches more efficient ways to develop pain.
He has nothing.
No clutch wins.
No story relevance.
No fans.
No respect.
No pride.
No true home.
Only pain.
It is his constant.
It is his comfort.
It is his fate.
Forever and ever and ever.
Pain.

(Bonus meme for whoever figures out where I stole this from. 🤣)

3 minutes ago, JustBrowsing said:

From a work-from-home lanky programmer who's been wondering about being more active: motivated as all fuck!

Nah @Psychoblueis the dude you should look to for motivation. He's in the fitness thread. The man puts in work. I'm trying to be like him on the real.

Edit: Not sharing my bro's face without permission but his forearms are the size of my biceps.

175176002_MyjackedbroNoFace.thumb.jpg.db1ca23fce789394a8a7e93eba05dcac.jpg

Edited by Darc_Requiem
12 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

You know 2020 has been a shitty year, but it feels good to go from SFV Birdie to Alpha Birdie.  😀 Not bad for a dusty old fossil. 😉

6GNVMEy.jpg?1

Look at this ultra instinct-havin' ass god tier dude. 

@Darc_Requiemprobably has full control over the Satsui no Hadou *and* Orochi Blood and still capping dude like crazy. 

I thought me doing 60 PU's a day and two mile runs were enough. Eh, eh. 

Darc starting his year off with a buff Shoryuken that is invincible *and* safe on block. 

1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Nah @Psychoblueis the dude you should look to for motivation. He's in the fitness thread. The man puts in work. I'm trying to be like him on the real.

Edit: Not sharing my bro's face without permission but his forearms are the size of my biceps.

175176002_MyjackedbroNoFace.thumb.jpg.db1ca23fce789394a8a7e93eba05dcac.jpg

I work out all the time but I think your brother's arms are 3X the size of mine 🤣

Happy New Years all. I hope this year was better than last, and fuck 2020.

Despite whether I’m playing FGs a lot or not, I consider you guys fam.

I need a bit more structure in my life and I have a lot of non-FG goals i’ve had for years took a total dump to levels i’m not happy with. This unfortunately means less time for FGs and games in general, but I love playing y’all, so I’m aiming to do that on Saturday nights/evenings if anyone is around. I likely won’t be labbing throughout the week, so I’ll be trash, but hey, what is else is new.

8 hours ago, KingTubb said:

I hope devs make some games with good netcode so I can keep playing y’all.

Well, there are still many games we can play in the meantime friend. At least ST, 3S, GG Rev2, MVCI, and MK11 have good netcodes.

I’ll be available tomorrow night for games, but gotta give @Dayaan first dibs as I’ve owed him games for too long.

Edited by Mattatsu

Fuck I'm so stupid and didn't even think to check the Street Fighter V thread for you guys. Happy New Year. Hope everyone is staying safe and holding tight. 🙂

I really took a break from the internet for a while and focused on irl things with work, life, etc. Moved on in life and have pretty big plans for the future. Still playing lots of FGs.

Still enjoy Tekken 7 but decided to get really back into Mvc2, 3s, and just yucking it up in random games. Maybe I will see some of you on fightcade/nulldc sometime 🙂

Edited by elliephil
39 minutes ago, Shakunetsu said:

Hi guys is there a fighting game character in 2d fighters that has a unique mechanics of wall run or wall walking not climbing or gliding

Thanks

054b1d0addb6fd5e-.gif

b14cf9628adf75a4cfff6aaecc6aeb7c.gif

Don't think it counts, but Chun and Claw can jump from the walls to different effects. Chipp can wallrun in Strive.

28 minutes ago, Dayaan said:

Don't think it counts, but Chun and Claw can jump from the walls to different effects. Chipp can wallrun in Strive.

Not into Chun and Claw

I was looking for a literal wall run thanks for the Chipp Tip

Something that can a character can escape being corned

I hope there is still other characters too. So that I can compare how they differ in function and mechanic

Edited by Shakunetsu
5 hours ago, Shakunetsu said:

Something that can a character can escape being corned

So are you looking for moves that escape the corner or literally just characters with wall moves?

Strider can go up and down walls, I THINK Venom and Spidey too? Sadira in KI. Samus has always had her wall jump. 17 in DBFZ can use the wall anywhere on the stage as a launch pad. 

If you're just looking for characters that have moves that let them escape the corner, this list gets a lot bigger.

Edited by M A R T I A N