Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

The awesome artwork of Kenneth Rocafort

311363651_618302273232267_88608447066460

https://topcow.com/comics/free-2/

Who was it that wanted to read new comics? @Phantom_Miria? On Top Cow page they put a lot of comics you can read and/or download for free. I am surprised.

I have read many of those and liked them. Witchblade, The Darkness, Angelus, Artifacts, Aphrodite, Madam Mirage, Magdalena, Cyberforce, Velocity, Sunstone, Sugar, Death Vigil, First Born. Maybe you'll like them.

The Wall took a long time to get that one.  It is only recently that Martha *finally* started looking too old... and even then, she's just now in that "still looks good for her age" category.  She is part of a legendary category of women with near eternal hotness:

Sophia Loren

Helen Mirren

The "younger" side of the list --- Halle, Salma Hayek, Marisa Tomei, and Elizabeth Hurley...all in their mid to late 50s now, but still looking incredible....also there's Valerie Bertinelli, who is now 62....was one of the finest women ever to be on television.

I lost this Earth Wind & Fire album somehow years ago (someone may have swiped it), so it was cool to see that someone posted this exact same greatest hits right on youtube...it's one of my favorite albums of all time; they flow from 1 song right into the next one... I heard a radio station play "Boogie Wonderland" earlier today so that put me in the mood to look this up again...

It's nonstop legendary greatness 1 track after another one, folks.  

3 hours ago, MillionX said:

The Wall took a long time to get that one.  It is only recently that Martha *finally* started looking too old... and even then, she's just now in that "still looks good for her age" category.  She is part of a legendary category of women with near eternal hotness:

Sophia Loren

Helen Mirren

The "younger" side of the list --- Halle, Salma Hayek, Marisa Tomei, and Elizabeth Hurley...all in their mid to late 50s now, but still looking incredible....also there's Valerie Bertinelli, who is now 62....was one of the finest women ever to be on television.

Add Nina Hartley to this list

So, I’m in a conundrum fam and I need some advice. 

So basically, I never quit Burlington due to being busy and just you know, Depression. 

I apparently start Monday.

From Monday until end of the month I work over 60 hours. 

With BrickCity (where I work now) I don’t even know when I work next outside of a staff meeting next week. 

Burlington is less money but more hours and I wasn’t hired to be seasonal. 

Shops of Bricktown is something I really want to do, more money but potentially less hours and I was told I was seasonal with a chance of being full time when I signed paper. 

I don’t know which to pick. The smart choice is to Burlington as I know it’s permanent fixture, the hours are there, it’s the same area I’m looking to move to, but less money. It’s also something I REALLY don’t want to do as it feels like I’m just taking another step back and starting at zero. 

I’m so tired of feeling uninspired and unmotivated to do work. 

With BrickCity my hours are kinda up in the air right now and likely will be all holiday. It’s something I’m incredibly passionate about (helping small businesses), the atmosphere is much better for my mental health, the pay is better but it may not be a permanent thing 

The big reason this matters is I need to move out. Much sooner than later. I haven’t really mentioned it much but my dad’s throat cancer that initially went into remission came back, spread into multiple organs and aggressively grew. He likely isn’t going to be around much longer. I give him until MAYBE this time next year. 

I’m honestly not too broke up about it. As odd as that sounds. I made my peace with all of it after I found out he was smoking again shortly after going into remission. 

They're already talking about having on call 24/7 hospice care for him as his health is getting worse by the day, despite what he might think. Because he’s being told by every doctors it’s not. 

Originally my plan was to move out after I get my tax return. Then it was by end of this month. But since I started work so late that isn’t possible. So I’m aiming for end of November. 

with Burlington I KNOW that goal is manageable. With BrickCity I don’t. I just genuinely hate having to pick. I’m back doing what I love that can easily lead to bigger things. But having to give up on those things to take care of the bigger thing in front of me is soul crushing and demoralizing for several reasons. 

I don’t know what to do. I’ve tried finding remote work but to No avail. 

Edited by iStu X
1 hour ago, iStu X said:

with Burlington I KNOW that goal is manageable. With BrickCity I don’t. I just genuinely hate having to pick. I’m back doing what I love that can easily lead to bigger things. But having to give up on those things to take care of the bigger thing in front of me is soul crushing and demoralizing for several reasons. 

I think you have your answer. 

This is random, but does anyone know of a good source they trust for bluetooth earbud recommendations? Like a trusted reddit or recommendation site? I'm in the market for a new pair I can use while in bed/sleeping, but don't even know how to describe the ear shape I want.

Edit: forgot: sorry to hear about that Stu. Wish you much luck in the decision ahead. I didn't know what I was going to do about my mom's long term care when her cancer came back. She ended up dying before those decisions could be made.

Edited by axeman61

@iStu X

I'm so sorry to read about your father. My father passed away about 10 years ago, and I chose to pause my life for a time to be with him during his illness until the very end even though we had a strained relationship. It is one of the best decisions I made. I don't know how old you are, but if you can spare the time and he is a good man then my advice is to make the choice that keeps you closest to him until it's over.

It is a difficult choice though, I wish you all the best.

25 minutes ago, Daemos said:

@iStu X

I'm so sorry to read about your father. My father passed away about 10 years ago, and I chose to pause my life for a time to be with him during his illness until the very end even though we had a strained relationship. It is one of the best decisions I made. I don't know how old you are, but if you can spare the time and he is a good man then my advice is to make the choice that keeps you closest to him until it's over.

It is a difficult choice though, I wish you all the best.

Pausing my life isn’t an option. I’m done pausing it. I’ve bee pausing it for almost a decade due to depression. Not to mention Everything that happens after he passes is stuff I want nothing to do with. 

He’s not. I hate him. I’ve hated him since I was kid. One of my earlier memories of my childhood is him repeatedly calling me a failure due to getting an F on my report card. I could also go into all the times he’s called my dreams stupid. Tons of other stuff too. 

He’s one of the biggest reasons I have no sense of pride or confidence in myself.  But that doesn’t mean I want him dead. I’ve just accepted the situation for what it was long before anyone else did. 

Edited by iStu X
4 minutes ago, iStu X said:

Pausing my life isn’t an option. I’m done pausing it. I’ve bee pausing it for almost a decade due to depression. Not to mention Everything that happens after he passes is stuff I want nothing to do with. 

He’s not. I hate him. I’ve hated him since I was kid. One of my earlier memories of my childhood is him repeatedly calling me a failure due to getting an F on my report card. I could also go into all the times he’s called my dreams stupid. Tons of other stuff too. 

He’s one of the biggest reasons I have no sense of pride or confidence in myself.  But that doesn’t mean I want him dead. I’ve just accepted the situation for what it was long before anyone else did. 

We have more in common than you think. My advice is still the same. Death is the final lesson parents teach their kids. So bury him when it's time, and all that he ever said and done along with him. I think you'll feel better.

But you know in your heart what you must do, don't doubt it.

I've been missing it---AMC is showing "Creepshow" right now!  So I guess they're going with a general theme of creepy movies and shows since it's October---right after this is "Misery", followed by The Last House on the Left at 9:30 this morning....after that it's House of Wax (2005 version) then The Conjuring....I'll have to check that; in all these years I've never seen any of "The Conjuring" or related movies; I didn't think that would've spawned a whole "cinematic universe" there.

*Whoah---it's from 1982... so Creepshow is 40 years old now.

*I see---they're calling this the "House of Horrors" marathon.

Tonight at 9:08 central though--- episode 3 of Interview with The Vampire.  I'm getting caught up on the first 2 at some point this morning.

Edited by MillionX

Ok back in New York for a few days before flying out to Texas for training Monday. Great seeing the family again and being in my old neighborhood. My youngest Nephew man....

When he first came to stay with Me, his dad and our sista? He didn't smile much. Very serious kid who liked to hit instead of talk and wasn't too comfortable around us at first but over time started to come around and we grew close.

Only now I see just how much he now loves his uncle. Because when I came through the door? "UNCLE JAMEL!" Biggest smile on his face. And he rushed in for a hug. As well as my niece. I gotta make time to bond with her as well. I'm just happy to see him so happy and playful like a kid ought to be.

Also he and his brother beat me in Smash Ultimate. In a few months. He went from struggling to use Up B to get back on stage when knocked off. To knowing how to mix grabs into his attacks to keep you guessing. I'm like wut? Who is this guy? Freakin Justin Wong over here lol. I can't do basic strays against them anymore. I'm  actually gonna have to go try hard in today's rematch lol.

11 hours ago, iStu X said:

So, I’m in a conundrum fam and I need some advice. 

Idk much about those two companies, so I can't speak much on that part. But if you're looking to sign a lease, permanent employment >>> temp employment.

Is the temp one like an order of magnitude more money?  Do either of them offer benefits that you'd feel like you should have?

35 minutes ago, DangerousJ said:

Your name is Jamal?

You HAVE to fuck a white girl before you die.

It's in the constitution.

It's Jamel. But close enough to a stereotypical black name. So of course I've done that. From my experience? Divorced white milfs and swingers absolutely love hetting smashed by black men. And they are shockingly low key with it. 

Like if you ever drive through a quiet suburb. That makes you think of the old white picket fence, green grass, spouse and 2 kids and a dog American dream life style? There's likely a couple of divorces or swingers inviting black dudes in the middle of the night. 

Edited by BB_Hoody
2 hours ago, Reticently said:

Do either of them offer benefits that you'd feel like you should have?

I’m not worried about benefits. I have every insurance under the sun already thanks to being considered a permanent dependent. 

Is the temp one like an order of magnitude more money? 

Burlington pays less but I wouldn’t say significantly less. 

But if you're looking to sign a lease, permanent employment >>> temp employment.

yeah, I know. 

Loyal Asian wife trope is .mostly for the ones who have never left Asia or those older than 40.

Part of daboogs psychosis was that the ones who live in the west are foresaking Azn dudes here to ride white/black dudes here.

My only nitpick is they go with the Seth Rogen white types than a hotter Asian guys simply for the status. 

Many Axn parents are racist but they will "accept" a white dude if he has a big job over a black guy with the same earnings/job . 

One Indian gal I dated in 2018 said she had a cousin who married a clean cut black dude with a good job but the family unofficially excommunicated her. 

The girl was mostly was attracted to white boos but said she was looking for a ln Indian guy just so she could not suffer the same fate.

Sad 

My babe wants to dress as Kitana from Mortal Kombat this year. Ain't no way her thick ass finna squeeze that dump-truck booty in that outfit, but I'm damn sure willing to help her try 😂 

(also, a chick I tried to get with before gettin with this chick is wearing the same thing oddly enough and will face similar problems trying to fit the costume) 

40 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

My babe wants to dress as Kitana from Mortal Kombat this year. Ain't no way her thick ass finna squeeze that dump-truck booty in that outfit, but I'm damn sure willing to help her try 😂 

(also, a chick I tried to get with before gettin with this chick is wearing the same thing oddly enough and will face similar problems trying to fit the costume) 

Two women in Kitana costumes?  Talk about onlyfans.

ah, the good ol' days when the female MK characters were allowed to have sexy/revealing outfits on... those were good times.

It's a fascinating thing to notice with those Asian American girls... kinda makes one feel sad for the Asian dudes out there as they rank seemingly low on the totem pole of attraction just generally speaking.  Every Asian girl I saw in person would always be paired up with a white guy....got to a point where internally I would just expect it and be amused that my assumption turns out to be correct 99% of the time---like "ah, there's one... where's her white boyfriend or husband?  I know he can't be far behind...hahaha there he is!"  It's like they literally can't resist the white meat.  Stereotypes always are a good little source of entertainment for me, partly because there's always people who wish to pretend that it's BS for whatever silly reason.  It's just part of how the human brain works... pattern recognition and all that jazz.

Edited by MillionX
2 hours ago, HD-Man said:

You better drop pics and stop teasing us with these posts homie. 

3 hours ago, DangerousJ said:

Loyal Asian wife trope is .mostly for the ones who have never left Asia or those older than 40.

Part of daboogs psychosis was that the ones who live in the west are foresaking Azn dudes here to ride white/black dudes here.

My only nitpick is they go with the Seth Rogen white types than a hotter Asian guys simply for the status. 

Many Axn parents are racist but they will "accept" a white dude if he has a big job over a black guy with the same earnings/job . 

One Indian gal I dated in 2018 said she had a cousin who married a clean cut black dude with a good job but the family unofficially excommunicated her. 

The girl was mostly was attracted to white boos but said she was looking for a ln Indian guy just so she could not suffer the same fate.

Sad 

As a father of a daughter I'd care way more about the status of a dude than race considering the tendency of women to date garbage tier dudes in current year.  I'd also be interested in the way his father treats his mother and if he was raised in an intact family unit.  The racism of Indian and Asian dads is one of those things that no one ever seems to talk about for some reason.