Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

11 hours ago, VirginDefiler said:

@DoctaMario since youe more familiar than i am with Prince, what are some of his sexiest songs?

i know only of u got the look and kiss. 2 songs i luv. any more like these 2?

It depends on your definition of "sexy."

If you want more traditional slow jam type of sexy, there's plenty to choose from though I'd recommend "Shhh" from The Gold Experience, "Insatiable" from Diamonds And Pearls, and as Million said, "Scandalous" from the Batman soundtrack.

If you're looking for something that's sexy but isn't necessarily a slow jam, I'd recommend:

"Cream" & "Gett Off" -Diamonds and Pearls

"Come" -Come (this one is a fucking gem!)

"Little Red Corvette" -1999

In interesting ChatGPT news...

ChatGPT can pick stocks better than your fund manager

https://www.cnn.com/2023/05/05/investing/chatgpt-outperforms-investment-funds/index.html

I plan to experiment with this during the weekend. I recommend using it only as a jumping off point and continue by doing your own research. ChatGPT does not have references to the most current information, but this should cut down on time if you plan on future investments.

“Why don’t you come out with your own eyes and take a f***king look,” the irate man says to the drive-thru speaker.

“She actually is outside. She can see right at you,” the employee responds calmly.

Suddenly, another employee intervenes — still remaining polite but mincing far fewer words than their co-worker. “Sir, common sense would tell you to drive up … but, hey, common sense isn’t that common,” the employee says.

This seems to enrage the customer, who intensifies the exchange by swearing at and insulting the employee. The employee tries to end the attack by yelling out “be blessed,” but the customer continues — until finally, after a slew of curses from the angry man, the video ends.

https://www.imdb.com/news/ni64068569/

REPORT: Hollywood Studios Are Trying to Claim the Rights to Actors' Voices

Ahead of new contract negotiations, the actors union SAG-AFTRA reveals that some studios have attempted to claim ownership over performers' voices.

A new report suggests some of Hollywood's major studios are taking a page from the playbook of The Little Mermaid's Sea Witch by seeking ownership of actors' voices.

Per The New York Times, the actors union known as SAG-AFTRA claims that its members have reported contracts which would give studios the right to use the signatory's voice to craft new performances in the future. The NY Times highlights a Netflix contract that would allow the company to simulate an actor's voice "by all technologies and processes now known or hereafter developed throughout the universe and in perpetuity."

The advancement of artificial intelligence software has made it possible for studios to simulate actors' voices with increasing accuracy. In partnership with Lucasfilm, a Ukranian company called Respeecher famously used archival recordings and an A.I. program to recreate James Earl Jones' Darth Vader voice, which Jones has aged out of, for Disney+'s Obi-Wan Kenobi series. Respeecher also used this technique to recreate the voice of a young Luke Skywalker (Mark Hamill) in The Book of Boba Fett. In September 2022, it was reported that Jones had signed his voice rights over to Lucasfilm and Respeecher so that the companies could continue to use his signature baritone in future Star Wars projects, including those produced after the actor's passing.

The Actor's Union May Face a Strike

The ownership rights of performers' voices will likely be a topic in SAG-AFTRA's upcoming negotiations with the Alliance of Motion Picture and Television Producers (AMPTP) on June 7, 2023, over the terms of a new contract. If the terms of the new agreement are not settled by June 30, SAG-AFTRA may move to strike, following in the footsteps of the Writers Guild of America (WGA), which has been on strike since May 2 after negotiations with AMPTP fell through. One of the issues facing the WGA also involves the idea of A.I. software reducing the number of jobs available to its members.

The WGA's ongoing strike is already having a significant impact on the film and television industries. One of the projects affected by the strike is Marvel Studios' Blade movie, whose stalled rewrites have caused Marvel to delay production for the second time. The studio delayed the film for the first time in September 2022, after the sudden departure of director Bassam Tariq. Blade was expected to enter production under the direction of Yann Demange next month following a series of rewrites by True Detective's Nic Pizzolatto.

On the television side, projects impacted by the WGA strike include Stranger Things, Yellowjackets, Cobra Kai and many others.

Edited by Hecatom
22 minutes ago, VirginDefiler said:

thats crazy. they have rights to their likeness. i assume voices falls into te category of likeness.

I think SAG noticed what the WGA is doing to protect themselves from AI advancement. Having some additional protections with the new contract is a smart move since AI development is such a hot topic now.

4 hours ago, MillionX said:

Succession----yeah I'm late to the party on this greatness.  My dad was the one to introduce me to the hype of this show and it's definitely earned a new fan.... and this soundtrack for it is GOLD...  the montage and the music is just perfection.

I have yet to dive back into Succession (only just got by ep 1), but I've had the theme song in my Spotify song list forever at this point. It is perfection.

7 hours ago, MillionX said:

Succession----yeah I'm late to the party on this greatness.  My dad was the one to introduce me to the hype of this show and it's definitely earned a new fan.... and this soundtrack for it is GOLD...  the montage and the music is just perfection.

I'm in the 4th season now. It's excellent TV. Everything about it is impressive honestly. Logan ❤️