Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

3 hours ago, VirginDefiler said:

snip

I actually have those books since I was very into his original works, like Blame! and NOiSE

3 hours ago, VirginDefiler said:

cool art style, for a manga artist.

LMAO, the fuck you mean with that, plenty of manga artists have superb art styles that only serve to elevate the medium.

Edited by Hecatom
9 hours ago, VirginDefiler said:

i luv tin tin. tin tin shouldve been bigger in the usa.

as for image comics. when image came out in 93 i think.. image had just a few comics. biggest ones were  spawn(mcfarlane) and wildcats(lee). but imo, they just seem like copycats of spiderman and xmen which both artists previously worked on. point is. image had great artists, but no good writers. at the time. but eventualy they found better writers. n better comics because of it. 

i think i still have wildcats issue 1 somewhere.

btw, amazon has a good library of downloadable comics. ive bought a few good comics here and there.

its a trip to buy a digital comic and "flip" the pages with finger swipes on the screen. 

I’ll forever hate tintin cause just before my first Evo in 08 I had bleach my hair and when I first met valaris he said I look like tintin and everyone in our group called me that the entire weekend. 

the disrespect. 

3 hours ago, Hecatom said:

I actually have those books since I was very into his original works, like Blame! and NOiSE

LMAO, the fuck you mean with that, plenty of manga artists have superb art styles that only serve to elevate the medium.

lol i just mean it didnt look like your traditional manga/anime style you always see.  just looks different  thats all. 

yea i saw on amazon his other comics/manga hes done. 

Early on, with Spawn being my top choice, naturally my favorite was Todd McFarlane, though a little later (around issue 16 or 17 I think) other people began doing the art on it... like Greg Capullo... his work was alright but I would have preferred Todd continue doing the art as well as the story.  After that was the other artists I noticed in Image---Sam Keith, Dale Keown and Jae Lee were the top ranks for me.  A few years later as I mentioned, Joe Mad would take over the top spot, along with some others I started to notice--- Ed McGuinnis, who was one of the best artists ever for Superman, imo.... and the legendary Alex Ross with that highly realistic painting style (I recall he would have people model as a reference).... also Humberto Ramos; I first saw his work on a book called "Crimson" which was about a teenage vampire hero.

It was terribly frustrating that Joe Mad never finished Battle Chasers... of course I was following it from the start, but he got tied up in soooo many other art gigs it seems like he just didn't have time left to keep doing that book.

...and that reminded me--- one of the greatest disappointments ever with a game announcement... when it was announced that a Battle Chasers videogame was being made...BUT it would be a turn-based RPG.  It's like they did that specifically to fuck around with my emotions.

smh GIF

Edited by MillionX

Of all the original Image titles that debuted in 1992, only Spawn and Savage Dragon are still being published.

I have to give major props to Erik Larsen. He is still writing,drawing,and inking Savage Dragon 30 years later. 

For all the hubbub around Image, most of the artists only worked 1-2 years on art and then handed it off to other folks.

On the topic of comics, here in Europe Disney comics are pretty popular and widespread, and especially in Italy in the '90s/early 2000s they were even able to get a little experimental with them. My understanding is that in the US stuff with big Disney characters like Donald Duck, Mickey Mouse and shit are usually targeted at really young kids, but the target audience gets a little older in Europe. A series I used to read back then and I collect to this day is Paperinik New Adventus (PKNA) and its sequels, which are an attempt at taking Disney character and put them in slightly more mature, superhero inspired situations, kinda Marvel-like.

Sounds like a terrible idea put it this way, but it was actually really good.

There's also a separate trivia about Paperinik's name being inspired by another Italian comic book character (Diabolik) that gets totally lost on everyone in adaptations, and thus the character is translated as "Duck Avenger" in English. It's a pretty interesting topic, especially since it's mostly contained in Italy and not really known in English-speaking countries, maybe because of how different traditional Disney characters are felt over there.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PKNA

The place I got comics from...I think it was simply called "Memphis Comics & Collectibles"....it was always a treat to go there and see what was new.  Some random "other" stuff I got was the Sandman books, just because the art was always cool....and then Wizard magazine; I'd always get the latest issue of that.  This would be where I first heard about Vampire the Masquerade, actually... though I still was not interested in actually playing any TTRPGs, but there was a cool VtM shirt I bought there... I still have that shirt after all this time...it just has the logo and some art of a punk-rock looking vampire looking like he's about to beat someone up or cast some blood magic (Assamite clan, though the character looks more like a stereotypical Brujah)

The latest on that story from Memphis, btw:

haha yeah that name is somethin' else man... "Cleotha"... c'mon, people...

Amazon Halts User Reviews to Blunt ‘Rings of Power’ Backlash

morfydd-clark-rings-of-power-amazon-640x

Amazon has temporarily shut off user reviews for The Rings of Power on Prime Video, claiming to take this action so it can filter out “trolls” leaving negative comments about the new series.

Amazon Prime Video quietly introduced a 72-hour delay for all user reviews posted to Prime Video so that each critique can be evaluated and approved for posting, according to a report by Variety.

The purpose for doing this, the company says, is to determine whether or not the review is genuine or if it is a comment coming from what is known as a “bot.”

Others, however, might look at this explanation with suspicion, as it can appear that Amazon is using delays as a means for filtering out negative reviews or complaints about the new woke series.

“Amazon’s new initiative to review its reviews,” Variety reports, “is designed to weed out ones that are posted in bad faith, deadening their impact.”

The report went on to claim that “the series appears to have been review bombed — when trolls flood intentionally negative reviews for a show or film — on other sites like Rotten Tomatoes.”

On the review-aggregation website Rotten Tomatoes, reviews are separated into two categories: Tomatometer, a score that represents the vast majority of professional movie critics, and Audience Score, which refers to members of the general viewing audience.

On Rotten Tomatoes, The Rings of Power received an 84 percent rating from the professional critics and a 39 percent rating from user-submitted reviews.

I personally don't think my life has been that hard as a man. But who knows? Maybe I'm use to the difficulty. Or for a woman to suddenly be thrust into the average man's shoes. Forget difficulty curve. That's like a 90 degree angle.

Fresh&Fit got some extreme takes I disagree with. But one thing they said that is undisputable fact? Is most women think men have it easy. Because most look at the top tier men they desire. The average man and lower is invisible to them. So to are their struggles.

13 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

Everybody swear it's black men, but ain't nobody more homophobic than black women. The minute a straight man does something they don't like, them gay insults and slurs start flying like bullets on a Saturday night in Chicago 

And NOBODY seems to call them out on this shit, not even the gay community 

The assumption that many black men are homophobic. Probably stems from Hip Hop in the late 90s and 2000s. Where it was pretty unwelcoming to gay people. I.E Biggie had a lot of lyrics where he clowns and talks down on gay dudes

25 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

Everybody swear it's black men, but ain't nobody more homophobic than black women. The minute a straight man does something they don't like, them gay insults and slurs start flying like bullets on a Saturday night in Chicago 

And NOBODY seems to call them out on this shit, not even the gay community 

You never met a hatian or jamaican male uh? Lmfao i have never seen more homophobic black people in existence. 

42 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

Yikes, I wouldn't advise anybody gay to move over there. You can FEEL the hate in the video 

I'll give that dude this though. It is disrespectful to fly a secondary flag that isn't the flag of the nation you take residence in. Sounds like he wouldn't be so pissed if the Jamaican flag was at least up there too. Flying above the pride flag.

Now the woman? Oh yeah she definitely got that "Fuck outta here wit dat shit nigga!" energy

Edited by BB_Hoody

I never quite looked into it but a few years ago elliot page did a docu series on how gay people were viewed snd trested world wide. In Brazil the president openly mocks gay people(the current president is trump on acid). Their were apparently some kinda kill squads for gay people, i didnt look that deep into it but should prob have. Because brasil is pretty open with their feelings.. Dudes regularly hug and kiss eachother on the cheek but here we'd view that as gay things. So the split on whata gay and not gay there is interesting 

1 hour ago, Maxx said:

Snip

Reminds me how on Bangladesh is not socially acceptable for men and women to have expressions of affection, like walking while hand holding, being gay is something that [allegedly] can get you killed, and at least is not ok at all, yet is totally ok for men to walk around while hand holding, but that is what hommies do apparently, lol

On 9/4/2022 at 11:02 PM, VirginDefiler said:

sound we can see.

@DoctaMariothis should interest you considering youre a musician and all.

wtf-wat.gif

theres actually this effect shit you seeing in the rings of power intro. i thought it was just cgi, apparently not. lemmie see if i can find it.

found it

now i understand what im seeing here. im seeing sound.

its called cymatics. its also what caused the swiss cheese look to our universe regarding how galaxies clustered together.

"When the expansion of the universe began, ‘space’ was not the silent vacuum it is today. Sound, by definition, involves the inelastic collisions of atoms and/ or molecules, and since the density of matter following the Big Bang was extreme, so too was the intensity of sound. According to the acoustic theory of the Big Bang, the immense anti-nodal sound pressures were responsible for causing the matter to be ordered in a manner that can still be seen today in the way the galaxies are clustered. "

Cosmic-void-2.jpg

as seen here in this slice pic of the universe. note the swiss cheese effect of the billions of  galaxies represented by tiny dots.

Thays pretty amazing; sound and the effects it can have, is an incredible thing. Thanks for tagging me in that, that was interesting

9 hours ago, BB_Hoody said:

I personally don't think my life has been that hard as a man. But who knows? Maybe I'm use to the difficulty. Or for a woman to suddenly be thrust into the average man's shoes. Forget difficulty curve. That's like a 90 degree angle.

Fresh&Fit got some extreme takes I disagree with. But one thing they said that is undisputable fact? Is most women think men have it easy. Because most look at the top tier men they desire. The average man and lower is invisible to them. So to are their struggles.

Nah, women still have it harder than men. Not due to men but due to other women.

Side note: someone in Japan found a glitch in 3S arcade version when set on free play:

- With the arcade machine set to Free Play, wait in attract mode until the demo recording selects a character. - Within 10 frames of it happening, press Start on the opposite side. Unfortunately, there is no indication it worked, so it's trial and error. - Later, when you reach the character you want to use on a new 1P run (usually Gill), press Start on the other controller to begin a player-vs-player match. -- If done correctly, you will have the default character for the side already picked for you, but will have the Super Art selection of the character you will end up playing as. When the PvP match starts, you will be playing the character that was going to be the CPU opponent.

14 hours ago, AriesWarlock said:

@Shakunetsudo you prefer Pinxy?

15 hours ago, Phantom_Miria said:

What's up, my Pinxies?

To be honest, I don't know that I think I'm too old and I'm not a fan of pinoy being too nationalistic and patriotic stuff,

If that is another term that resurface to categorize something lol, I thought it was a gender thing at first but the word Filipino and Pinoy are already gender neutral

being too nationalistic and too patriotic is what are f*ck up government is pushing as a propaganda basically just imitating china's propaganda template. lol

I'm more updated with FGC news than the local news since 2020 especially after the election. haha Lot's of crazy mental gymnastics too justify terrible governance 

Edited by Shakunetsu