Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

1 hour ago, RSG3 said:

I'm from Southern AZ so unfortunately yes I know all about Sundown towns. 

Same. I heard the kinda stuff said in Sundown Towns in passing a lot when I lived in Missouri and South Carolina and Arkansas when I was little. But obviously due to my age I didn't think anything of it outside of thinking it was weird or "what will happen if they don't leave?".  I never knew the context or that it had a name/term until my late teens.

Edited by iStu X
8 hours ago, zatalcon3 said:

How come poking fun with fat ugly girls warrants a warning while going "retard", "fuck you.." etc for expressing different views that don't align to leftist pop culture doesn't?

From what I gather you cant really voice it if you do indeed have different values.  Rather you can, but then other people here will get upset, respond to you and then you respond back...so on.  Course that leads to stuff like "no antivax talk or you'll be banned" type of shit.  Some people might call this a "Safe Place". 

I used to have issues accepting when a chick I was attracted to wasn't interested, I'd make an excuse everytime she made an excuse not to link 

But not anymore, I cut em off with ease. One thing about it, a woman that's actually interested in you will MAKE time. They're usually always down to do or go wherever deependin on the guy who's asking, logic be damned. Hell, sometimes they'll invite themselves to hang with you without you asking

Alot of em just enjoy the free attention even if they don't actually like you.  Now, if you like her just as a friend, cool. But if you want more, Gotta nip that in the bud

6 hours ago, Faltimar the Dark said:

From what I gather you cant really voice it if you do indeed have different values.  Rather you can, but then other people here will get upset, respond to you and then you respond back...so on.  Course that leads to stuff like "no antivax talk or you'll be banned" type of shit.  Some people might call this a "Safe Place". 

That is what I don't get. People here get hostile if someone doesn't fit or cosign with the majority here, yet I just return back with fat ugly girls and they can't say shit so they go to a mod to complain because they need something to have over. 

I don't understand why saying date a fat ugly girl is something worthy of a warning or ban, but dog piling and calling someone fucker, retard, etc  over different views regarding politics and social views is all ok. 

@misterBee

1 hour ago, zatalcon3 said:

That is what I don't get. People here get hostile if someone doesn't fit or cosign with the majority here, yet I just return back with fat ugly girls and they can't say shit so they go to a mod to complain because they need something to have over. 

I don't understand why saying date a fat ugly girl is something worthy of a warning or ban, but dog piling and calling someone fucker, retard, etc  over different views regarding politics and social views is all ok. 

@misterBee

You're ugly bro

Mindworm-Marvel-Comics-Spider-Man-a.jpg

2 hours ago, HD-Man said:

I was thinking Stacy Dash had a skin condition at first until she said she didn't know DMX was dead and right then I knew she bleached her skin cuz what black person don't know X passes away. She looks terrible, self-hate is real

I could understand someone much younger who didn't grow up with his music maybe missing that news or hell even older folk but Stacy while older then she looks ain't that old that she should have missed that. Hell my sister that doesn't even like rap knew about his passing.

Won't say it is self hate but girl must be in a small as information cone to have seriously missed that. Does she know about Sidney Poitier?

10 hours ago, Faltimar the Dark said:

Right, its totally a different values thing. Why should MisterBee be held tangentially responsible for whether or not somebody gets a vaccine? If he allows it in this forum, he would accidentally be cosigning it. This isn't a place to talk about any type of medical decision. The best people can do here is give you a leg up on questions to ask your doctor. There's a few medical professionals but they aren't in a position to directly give you medical advice in a professional manner.

Secondly, if you bring up a position and then are given both facts and extensive posts on how its wrong and you ignore it, how are those people the assholes? This malarkey about this that or the third being safe places is one of the biggest piles of horse shit around. Plenty of people have been told then explained why they're wrong, they just don't want to hear it. Instead they'd rather brute force w/e their opinion of any one thing is to valid and call it a day.  But right...it isn't a safe place if you're surrounded by people that get to echo the same wrong opinion that you have. That's just fine.

Which means that the only mention of a place is whether or not its willing to tolerate a certain level of asshole past 6 extra levels of being wrong. Because people being dumb as hell on purpose is the true sign of places not being "safe spaces".

Here its really simple: don't attack people's families and don't go around giving goofed up medical advice. You can be as dumb as you want to be so long as you aren't belligerent.  For as much as its populated by ex-SRKers, this isn't GD. From the convos I've had with MisterBee, he doesn't seem the type to like that level of behavior.

If you feel you are being persecuted in some weird way, try and imagine how much mental pain it is to deal with people who literally cannot understand they are wrong; this even after you give them 80 examples of why they are wrong but they are just looking for somebody to agree with them so they can use that as validity for their position?

TL;DR You don't have to take any medical procedure you don't want. Doesn't mean that this place is going to allow you to spout whatever gibberish to make MisterBee's day harder.

Yet again, we're entertaining these two.

Yet again, they say stupid shit that goes nowhere, even by the low, low standards of this "just shooting the shit" forum.

And yet again, you all don't press the ignore button. I don't think they should be banned unless they go way over the line. But you all can choose just to roll your eyes and not engage if they're going to make up their own reality anyway.

@SoneroDon't waste your valuable time. There literally two people on this entire forum that can't disagree like adults. It's amazing me. As forum I see people disagree all the time, yet only a couple people can't seem handle it. Anyone saying otherwise is being disingenuous. Like most people, our views are different depending on the topic. Hell even amongst the fandom of properties whether it be Street Fighter, Star Wars, Guilty Gear, Marvel, DC etc. We don't all agree on what we like and dislike. 

24 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

There literally two people on this entire forum that can't disagree like adults. It's amazing me. As forum I see people disagree all the time, yet only a couple people can't seem handle it. Anyone saying otherwise is being disingenuous. Like most people, our views are different depending on the topic.

It isn't really about disagreeing. Some stuff  can be sorted out for how right or wrong it is.  You can examine the validity of certain actions, ideas, policy etc in the same way. Hell there are people who have dedicated their lives to sorting this stuff out.

But what's at play is a combination of a few things: people don't know how to be wrong, people assign their level of rightness of their ideas to their self esteem, they don't have tools on how to work it, attach certain ideas as core beliefs of their world view,  or my favorite from the election thread where people would go in making a "political argument" that was just  them griping about some way life short changed them so fuck everybody else. To be honest there is an insane amount of people that will defend something solely because they're using its a vehicle to defend their self esteem/psychological state; whether it be because it shapes their world view or because they don't want to admit to themselves that they are the asshole.

Either way, the future is grim and there's nothing we can do to fix the above problem. Which is hilarious because we are literally at the start of the end of modern civilization and there ain't shit we are actually going to do about it.

30 minutes ago, Faltimar the Dark said:

Sticks and stones, children.

They say this to kids a lot but i think its pretty terrible advice in the long run. It just teaches them to internalize the problem and usually empowers the bully, and I've generally noticed that its mostly said by people who treat other people like shit but dont want the people they pile on to make a stink of the crappy way they get treated.

Just a personal observation.

29 minutes ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

The conversation about safe spaces often devolves into "Wait, but why can't I brandish my asshole card".

Because people love obfuscating, misinterpreting and strawmanning situations for their personal gain.  Hell they'll even use stuff you already didn't agree with and accuse you of it too. This place has...fuck all in common with the idea of a safe space as popularized years ago by wacky lefty college kids. But because somebody says some dumb shit or crosses a line that wouldn't have been allowed whether or not those college kids made up safe spaces, then this is one too.

Back in SRK I got accused of trying to turn it into my own playground by allowing terrible behavior, of turning it into a soft place because for modding people using slurs ( which was a rule well before I became a mod), and then of overstepping my authority into softness because I didn't let people make fun of Chester Bennington's suicide in a thread full of people mourning his death whom had previously talked about being depressed.

How people interpret spaces or context is wild, makes no sense and they'll inevitably take zero responsibility for getting it wrong. Even with all the stuff people are allowed to say here, how much you can clown on each other, the variety of topics that do get talked about...it has to be that because MisterBee doesn't want unsollicited medical advice about vaccines (which he has said he supports numerous times) that its suddenly a safe space.

So yeah you're right, every where I don't like is a safe space. Even though we've had safe spaces well before anything involving the last 10 years happened.

Hell the KKK was a safe space for white people. Nobody ever calls them out on it. 🤷‍♂️

Sam’s Club: Membership Fees Will Increase on October 17th

Screen-Shot-2022-09-01-at-5.36.48-AM.png

Sam’s Club shoppers, you’ll want to read this! Sam’s Club just announced that starting on October 17th, their annual membership fees will increase by $5 or $10 (depending on your membership tier).

The Club Membership fee will be $50 (was $45) and the Plus Membership fee will be $110 (was $100). Existing members who sign up OR renew between October 17th, 2022 and October 16th, 2023 will immediately get $5 or $10 Sam’s Cash loaded to their account automatically.

1 hour ago, Sonero said:

Sam's Club doesn't even have strippers. Sam's Club is dry as hell for how much they charge.

That's only because some hating ass woman at Sam's Club got them booted. All jokes aside, when I was teenager working at Wal-Mart this 10/10 chick game into the store in a sheer black dress. Everyone was cool until some woman 2 and half times her size bitched about her and they made her leave the store.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
4 hours ago, Sonero said:

You literally brought up the antivax stuff as an example. Your example gets addressed and suddenly it goes back to being a safe space. MisterBee doesn't want people saying wild shit about each other's families and/or significant others...and suddenly that makes it a safe space.

He is right. It doesn't matter what his views are. I'm not an anti-vaxer btw but if an opposition that is the majority can be aggressive when a different view is being voiced out  while the one who is explaining his indifference eventually gets warned because they end up reporting the person, then that is practically unfair and really is a safe space. 

I don't see anything wrong with telling some people here to date a few fat girls, especially when they kind of deserve it. I like telling some people here to date fat ugly girls. 

6 minutes ago, zatalcon3 said:

He is right. It doesn't matter what his views are. I'm not an anti-vaxer btw but if an opposition that is the majority can be aggressive when a different view is being voiced out  while the one who is explaining his indifference eventually gets warned because they end up reporting the person, then that is practically unfair and really is a safe space. 

How is he right when we are talking about what the owner of this wants or doesn't in his own damn website?

Guy gave some basic ass rules a while back and you still can't follow them.

2 hours ago, Sonero said:

How is he right when we are talking about what the owner of this wants or doesn't in his own damn website?

Guy gave some basic ass rules a while back and you still can't follow them.

Because it's almost one sided. It's as if there has to be a leftist view that matches and is agreed by many here and they can say any shit they want but if someone else who is different and can say something clever in retaliation or something that gets them angry for getting owned (whether it be opinions they don't like, or clever remarks they can't trump back) that is taken in seriously.