Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

4 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

Interesting thoughts in why current movies are made the way they are now

That's what happened in the music industry and what will happen with games once streaming becomes the main delivery method. It's already happened to a degree what with how corporate and safe everything has gotten, but it's only going to get worse.

See, I am eager to see more of this... it fascinates me to see where your average modern-day ultra-leftie draws the line on the whole "I identify as ____." thing.....and it would be funny to watch them mentally squirm when trying to explain why 1 thing is perfectly fine while the other is absurd.  I'm still betting the next most common thing will be the trans-racial people.... we've already seen at least 2 famous examples in recent years that I know of where people just decided one day they are something else racially... Rachel Dolezal and more recently that internet personality "Ollie London" (white Londoner who decided he was a Korean person--he went hardcore with it though and actually got some surgery to look like it.  I doubt most people would go that far.)  It won't be long until you see someone as black as Bill Duke or Wesley Snipes claiming they're "native Japanese" or Chinese even though they're black folks born from somewhere in the U.S., and they will insist we all go along with it....or a guy that looks like Jackie Chan, still with a noticeable Chinese accent, claiming he's an American Black guy from Atlanta, "ADOS" and all that.

I figured it would be that first and then the people who identify as various animals....then again we already have the "furry" community out there for years now, so they beat the transracial crowd to the punch there.  I suppose after that there's probably a future category of people who identify as objects, like chairs, couches, lamps, pencils, etc.  Imagine in 5 years from now there's a dude walking around like "Hey, I'm a Samsung television!" 😆  His friend is like "Well I'm a Hitachi VCR from 1986."

19 hours ago, Sonero said:

The real funny thing about it is that there's more than one Flat Earth model.  Some claim we are surrounded by ice, others that we live in a domed world where space is fake (no really, there are people who also argue space isn't real).

Its actually really crazy. The memes are funny. I don't know how the fuck Chadouken makes it through anything with his brother. Because a lot of the memes are basically saying "Yeah, I know I could take a physics class that explains all this, but math isn't real and neither is bouyancy or aerodynamics (I haven't asked how they feel about air since by extension that would be an issue)".

There was a flat earther that built himself a rocket (even though NASA isn't real) so he could shoot himself up in the air to prove earth is flat. So anyways the point is that he crashed back down and killed himself. I forgot what I was trying to say.

They do it as they don't "trust" authority. 
There a whole medical journal article how Flat Earthers have an actual serious case of cognitive dissonance.
There a heated debate about adding "Flat Earthers" to the DSM-5-TR. 

11 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

If you make a NFT of a real diamond, and the diamond itself gets destroyed in a fire tomorrow, you still have the same asset. 

Because the token still exists and is in limited supply just as before. Nothing has changed.

What NFT is doing to the concept of asset, few understand.

Make a Nothing Burger in the image of something valuable, destroy said valuable object.
What you got left is the Nothing Burger, minus the Burger.

It's not a hard concept.  

Edited by DarkSakul
IMAGE SNIPS

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/08/24/trump-white-house-exerted-pressure-on-fda-for-covid-19-emergency-use-authorizations-house-report-finds-00053428

Can anybody tell how something we saw happen in real time is suddenly news?

The Trump administration pressured the Food and Drug Administration, including former FDA Commissioner Stephen Hahn, to authorize unproven treatments for Covid-19 and the first Covid-19 vaccines on an accelerated timeline, according to a report released Wednesday by Democrats on the House Select Subcommittee on the Coronavirus Crisis.

Political pressure: In multiple instances, the subcommittee said it found evidence of senior Trump officials planning to take actions that could benefit the administration politically.

Officials tried to pressure the FDA into authorizing convalescent plasma around the time of the Republican National Convention, emails reveal. The proposed investigation into Fauci would take place around the time of the 2020 presidential election in an attempt to sway voters in favor of Trump, the report says.

The Trump administration also tried to pressure the FDA to authorize the first Covid-19 vaccines ahead of the presidential election. When Hahn testified to the subcommittee in January 2022, he said that White House officials said they would not sign off on emergency use authorization language that required a 60-day safety follow up for late-stage clinical trials. Ultimately, the FDA went ahead with the 60-day follow-up plan without an explicit blessing from the White House, though the White House later cleared it.

Hatfill rejects the notion that his conduct was politically motivated. “I am a doctor and was called to serve my country in that capacity. Politics had nothing to do with our work to save lives during Covid-19,” he said.

So is everybody who took the vaccine about to die overnight or what? We saw all the rushing happen in real time.

I think I've unleashed the baking equivalent of the crack epidemic in my house. Thanks to my stand mixer, I now have enough dough for 8 pizzas on standby. I bitched out of buying this thing so many times, but now I'm wondering what the hell took me so long.

Sidenote: whoever started calling Matt Gaetz "Rapey McForehead" was given that straight from God/The Universe/Whatever. I literally can't imagine a better nickname when I look at that dude. It's so silly, yet so on the nose.

Edited by axeman61

Each time I've seen something about Ethan lately... he comes off as such a dumbass... keep in mind folks... he's also in favor of a terrorist action like bombing an NRA convention.  I'm sure he'd really appreciate it if he was at some gathering, perhaps with friends and family and another popular online personality said on a live stream "hey can't we just bomb that place?"

edit---Reddit is such precious gold----I just found an especially juicy thread... the title: "I didn't know my wife was asexual until after we got married"  BRUhhhhhhhh

week wife GIF

that HAS to be a divorce or annulment....there's just no way.

Ah, someone brought up a good point... they suspect she's lying about it and just doesn't want to fuck him (she has had sexual relationships in the past according to him so yeah... she's bullshitting him most likely with the "asexual" crap)

Edited by MillionX
5 hours ago, VirginDefiler said:

i refuse to believe one of her subs got her that. i need to see a reciept or some proof. till then its clickbait. also, uh. why spend that much on a chick on twitch??? when theres camsoda. not that that would make it any better, but at least more logical imo.

I don't know I've seen some pretty ridiculous simping in recent years.  I wouldn't even bat an eye if it was real.

Found out the company forget to put my raise in the system, told them politely and immediately addressed it. 

A chick I knew caught hell from her company but she probably handled it in a shit way so they're making her sweat. I bet she had a stank attitude when she called them about her short paycheck 

It's not always what you do, it's HOW you do it

This thread about the guy married to an asexual woman is gold.... some who identify as that chimed in of course so it just keeps getting better.  One person claimed to be a "sex positive" asexual... this is the 2nd time I've heard someone mention such a thing which is completely crazy to me....so you're an "asexual" but still engage in sexual activity?

Question Mark What GIF by MOODMAN

...it sounds like if you meet a vegetarian that's telling you "OH YEAH... I'M totally a vegetarian." ---WHILE he's taking another bite of a large "Baconator" from Wendys.