Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

I love that there are actual examples of *real* people being race-swapped now... it sets up the perfect trap in the argument when one throws the bait out there--- "so, how long until we get Tom Cruise to play Barack Obama?"

"Well actuallyyyyyyy Obama is a real guy soooo..."

"Anne Boleyn, brah." *boom, GOT 'EM right there.... in the face. 😆  If I recall there was Joan of Arc as well....I had a picture saved, actually which had quite a few examples of real and fictional character blackwashing in recent years.  It's delicious ammunition.

Playing casting director for a minute--- I always thought Ian Somerhalder would've made a good live-action Dante if they did a Devil May Cry film... just imagine the hair dyed greyish/white and put him in the iconic red coat, train him to do some of his own stuntwork and there ya go...he naturally has the look already:

Of course the typical casting director for Marvel or WB, Netflix, etc. would be thinking more like "ok sooooo which black actor could we get to be Dante....?"  ...and of course their dream would be for Zendaya to play Trish (*who would of course be written to upstage Dange in every possible way even though he should be the star.)

Edited by MillionX
12 minutes ago, Phantom_Miria said:

Arrest this man?

This man is an auteur, an artist, a visionary.

He should be celebrated for his genius, not held back by the ignorant masses of ever-mediocre vulgus!

I da know...If I was going to a sports game with someone and they did this, I'd immediately think this dude had some borderline psychopathic tendencies.  Like I'd be visually disgusted and tell him "you do you" but I'm not turning my back on him anymore lol.

4 hours ago, Phantom_Miria said:

Arrest this man?

This man is an auteur, an artist, a visionary.

He should be celebrated for his genius, not held back by the ignorant masses of ever-mediocre vulgus!

I understood what he was doing.  I just couldn't understand WHY.  But this guy is clearly outside of the realm of my understanding.  Perhaps hotdog flavored beer is the nectar of the gods?

@DoctaMario

If you want embeds to work, you need to have a clean URL AND it has to be pasted as plain text.

https://twitter.com/JomboyMedia/status/1561879106052136961?s=20&t=1z8MFsZVOaSCoTWbHgzLzQ

Is no good.  It needs to be like this:

https://twitter.com/JomboyMedia/status/1561879106052136961

Mobile version of this site is identical to the desktop one.  Let me know if you have any problems with it.

5 minutes ago, axeman61 said:

I want to laugh, but there are people out there who really think like that.

The real funny thing about it is that there's more than one Flat Earth model.  Some claim we are surrounded by ice, others that we live in a domed world where space is fake (no really, there are people who also argue space isn't real).

Its actually really crazy. The memes are funny. I don't know how the fuck Chadouken makes it through anything with his brother. Because a lot of the memes are basically saying "Yeah, I know I could take a physics class that explains all this, but math isn't real and neither is bouyancy or aerodynamics (I haven't asked how they feel about air since by extension that would be an issue)".

There was a flat earther that built himself a rocket (even though NASA isn't real) so he could shoot himself up in the air to prove earth is flat. So anyways the point is that he crashed back down and killed himself. I forgot what I was trying to say.

1 hour ago, VirginDefiler said:

e9yPdtXdQUg-HGdD2O5t-tgUYrJe4ZEXlKxpolqG

cool Apple icon gif

silly question, can iphone users put gifs as their homescreen like android users can? idk

but i put up the gif if u rock iphone/mac and want it as a homescreen gif

Have an IPhone 13 and just tried with three different gifs. You can’t. It just locked on the first frame.

20 minutes ago, Sonero said:

The real funny thing about it is that there's more than one Flat Earth model.  Some claim we are surrounded by ice, others that we live in a domed world where space is fake (no really, there are people who also argue space isn't real).

Its actually really crazy. The memes are funny. I don't know how the fuck Chadouken makes it through anything with his brother. Because a lot of the memes are basically saying "Yeah, I know I could take a physics class that explains all this, but math isn't real and neither is bouyancy or aerodynamics (I haven't asked how they feel about air since by extension that would be an issue)".

There was a flat earther that built himself a rocket (even though NASA isn't real) so he could shoot himself up in the air to prove earth is flat. So anyways the point is that he crashed back down and killed himself. I forgot what I was trying to say.

For background on Sonero's post....

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-51602655

Edited by Darc_Requiem
26 minutes ago, Sonero said:

That's why I regard Flat Earthers as the dumbest or most narcissistic of the conspiracy theorists. The sheer amount of science and logic you have to disregard to think the earth is flat is ocean deep. It's one group that I feel can only be populated by charlatans and desperate-for-purpose idiots. No middle ground. They have to feel special somehow, and this gives them that.

1 minute ago, Chadouken said:

I think he believes in the ice ring model, but we don't really talk about it. He doesn't live in the same city as me so it doesn't get brought up when we talk to each other.

I'm sure its kind of embarrassing to talk about but do you know how he ended up there? For w/e reason I haven't made it a point to follow people believing Flat Earth stuff. Antivaxx makes some type of sense. Flat Earth used to be a minor meme until a few years ago.

the wildest one so far has been the guy that got a PHD in geology while being a young earth creationist. I don't know how you square any part of that.

21 minutes ago, Sonero said:

I'm sure its kind of embarrassing to talk about but do you know how he ended up there?

I honestly don't know. He's always had a thing for conspiracy theories, though. Our dad left us when I was 7 and he was 5 and maybe he's searching to fill some sort of void because of it. I told him, look, I don't give a shit what you believe- you're my brother and I love you. I know that convincing you the Earth is a sphere would be like you trying to convince me that it's flat. So why waste time talking about that shit? We still have a great relationship.

4 hours ago, VirginDefiler said:

there was a time, when this website 1st kicked off, when you could put instagram pics n vids and you could view em here. cuz i remember that on the hot girl thread. but now that doesnt work anymore.

Instagram and Facebook changed some stuff on their end and it broke embeds.

There may be workarounds but I probably won't worry about it unless people really need those things back.