Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

7 hours ago, TheInfernoman said:

Why are you Black? 🤔

I never asked that about myself, but i do ask "why are they black" a lot these days.
---

7 hours ago, iStu X said:

This is stuff from the last few years to 20-40 years ago 😂

You not reading and/or paying attention isn’t the comics and creators fault. 

like I said, comics have always been progressive and inclusive, especially titles like X men. It’s not their fault you’re too fucking stupid to realize it 

Doing changes is only acceptable if a character has never sold shit, was never popular and has been on the shelf for while. 

Turning someone in the X-men,  who people grew up on,  black and gay is not being progressive. Is it progressive if I turn bishop white and christian,  Storm male and chinese, or Gambit mexican?  There is a difference between forcing a change just to shove down that leftist bullshit and actually trying to make a political statement of value. This aint it nor are what your arguments pointing to. We don't need any characters becoming lgbt get that leftist shit out of here. 

Edited by zatalcon3

I just want characters to be "correct" as how most people know them.  That means the characters should indeed be played by people that look at least somewhat like them normally.  Comics is partly a visual medium, so no it doesn't make sense if we were to cast Halle Berry or Salma Hayek, Tyra Banks, etc. as "Amanda Waller" who is mostly known as a fat bulldyke lesbo looking character.....and it would not make sense if we got Owen Wilson to be Al Simmons/Spawn, or Jackie Chan to be Magneto, and Charles S. Dutton as Jubilee.....or Chris Goddamn Lambert as Raiden (and dressed up more like a wizard) back in the day.  It surprises me that this ever even got to be an argument in the first place, really.  When the changes in appearance are so extreme then you're always going to lose the interest probably the majority of that character's original fans immediately.  Maybe we should have a new Mickey Mouse movie in live action where we have a goddamn elephant playing Mickey.... or a new Lassie reboot where a vicious pit bull from "da hood" is Lassie now.

1 hour ago, zatalcon3 said:

Doing changes is only acceptable if a character has never sold shit, was never popular and has been on the shelf for while

What is this bullshit? Even the top selling characters get changes to freshen them up when things get stale. In the last ten years DC has made Superman a father and the best thing they've ever done with him in a long ass time.

Krakoa era X-Men has been a creative Renaissance for the franchise. It's a breath of fresh air after years of creative stagnation forced on the X-Men because of Marvel's beef with Fox. Old characters feel new again, the new status quo have some underutilized characters prominence. Don't be surprised if this the X-Men we see when they make their way to the MCU

1 hour ago, Hawkingbird said:

What is this bullshit? Even the top selling characters get changes to freshen them up when things get stale. In the last ten years DC has made Superman a father and the best thing they've ever done with him in a long ass time.

Making superman a father is not the same as changing someones race and sexuality, changes like this are all political based not creative or anything for story telling or refreshening characters like the example you. Understand the context please

1 hour ago, zatalcon3 said:

Making superman a father is not the same as changing someones race and sexuality, changes like this are all political based not creative or anything for story telling or refreshening characters like the example you. Understand the context please

Making Superman a father is a major change that completely changes the dynamic of the character. Being a parent will leave a bigger impact than a race swap. The latter will add a few wrinkles but won't fundamentally change the character

22 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

Henry Cavil is British 🥴

And I hope they make Xavier and Magneto black so homophobes and closet racists expose themselves by bitching about X-men being woke when it's always been woke 😂

Xavier and Magneto is one thing I wonder about. At some point, for new incarnations, they have to either drop the holocaust origin story for something more recent or introduce an anti-aging aspect to these characters. I don't see either scenario going down well, though I might just be tripping.

20 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

Henry Cavil is British 🥴

And I hope they make Xavier and Magneto black so homophobes and closet racists expose themselves by bitching about X-men being woke when it's always been woke 😂

The fact that they want to cast a black Xavier, yet can't cast a tall dark skin woman as Storm says all you need to know. They are just checking a box. How about they get the existing black characters right first? I remember when they decided to make Iceman gay, I was like damn man can Northstar get some love?

1 minute ago, axeman61 said:

Xavier and Magneto is one thing I wonder about. At some point, for new incarnations, they have to either drop the holocaust origin story for something more recent or introduce an anti-aging aspect to these characters. I don't see either scenario going down well, though I might just be tripping.

There's a lot of recent genocides Marvel can use to keep that aspect of Magneto's character intact.

Wait, Darc: where are you getting that they WANT to cast a black Xavier? There was a meet with Giancarlo Esposito, I know, but that's about all I've heard on the front.

And Hawk, that's what I meant. Some recent genocide, or GASP, the civil rights movement.

It's kinda pandering, and will never happen, but I would LOVE to see the "Mask Off" reactions to that.

Edited by axeman61
29 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

Making Superman a father is a major change that completely changes the dynamic of the character. Being a parent will leave a bigger impact than a race swap. The latter will add a few wrinkles but won't fundamentally change the character

And. It's not a change meant to satisfy a political cliché. How the fuck can you think changing a superman into a father is the same as changing a character's entire race and sexuality? Him becoming a father is not a change in character it's a new inclusion to his character's story.  You don't get shit about what the context is lmao

2 minutes ago, zatalcon3 said:

And. It's not a change meant to satisfy a political cliché. How the fuck can you think changing a superman into a father is the same as changing a character's entire race and sexuality? Him becoming a father is not a change in character it's a new inclusion to his character's story.  You don't get shit about what the context is lmao

Reading comprehension, do you have it? I didn't say they were same. Superman being a father is a much more significant change than a race swap. The reasons for that change are irrelevant.

If you want to get technical the status quo shake up the X-Men got in 75 with Giant Size X-Men was done for political reasons. That was the start for the franchise being the juggernaut it is today

@OPTIMUS124Woke has lost all meaning. It's just another random pejorative at this point. Similar to Social Justice Warrior, which used to mean what the words say. MLK was a social justice warrior. Some kid on Twitter disliking discrimination whether it's actual or just perceived should NOT make them an SJW.

Edit: Actually your suggestion would be fitting because Superthug was.....well garbage. And the term woke should be tossed in the garbage.  For context. "Ay yo we a light candle, run laps around the English Channel"....bruh 🙃

Edited by Darc_Requiem

Hell, even Woke strictly as a pejorative has lost all meaning. It used to mean prioritizing social issues and virtue signalling over logic to the point it's detrimental and could cause harm to someone's job/career. There are some recent examples of wokeness under this definition that are real, but they're not everywhere like these crybabies would have you believe. Because now it just means "whatever hurt my feelings and would get me yelled at if I said the REAL reason I'm upset". So much of what people scream woke at nowadays is "who cares" level to me.

Edited by axeman61
10 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

Reading comprehension, do you have it? I didn't say they were same. Superman being a father is a much more significant change than a race swap. The reasons for that change are irrelevant.

LMAO. Nah, you misunderstood the context at first and made a dumb ass argument that you realized was dumb so you are making this excuse/backtrack, which is a dumb back track in itself. Based on the word you used "significant", then yeah maybe making Supes a dad is a more important change than changing his entire ethnicity and sexuality because the later has no importance to a character or story at all and is nothing more than a political insertion for the sake to appeal to a woke ass crowd.  

Making superman a father is not as insane and unnecessary as making Wolverine chinese and gay.

44 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

Was about to say that, I'm sure they can dig and find recent genocidal atrocities to attach to Magneto, the world hasnt changed all that much since the original X - men conception unfortunately 

I've always found Magneto to be fairly reasonable and the vast majority of his extreme actions have been in self defense.  Especially during the time he ruled over Asteroid M/Genosha and humans kept starting shit with him.  #MagnetoWasRight

sheeeeitttt... DAY SHIFT on Netflix, folks.  I watched it early this morning.  Man, I'm not sure what Campea and friends were on when they didn't like it... this shit was awesome... some of THE best kills I've ever seen in a vampire movie....or just action movies in general.  The emphasis is definitely on ACTION, by the way... this is more like something that was produced in the 90s.....back when more movies were just in your face with the violence and "stylish action" instead of being some pansy ass G-rated preachy bullshit.  

The people that produced this know what's up.  

Howie Mandel Yes GIF by America's Got Talent

TnA bonus.... this movie has Meagan Good in there, looking delicious as usual.

edit---well.... if you'd rather be surprised by some things it may be best to avoid this trailer though... it shows a bit too much of the best scenes, actually.

Edited by MillionX