Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

16 hours ago, J-ride said:

I think zoomers are fine in person because twitter is not real life.

I think zoomers aren't even real.

I always felt like the American discourse on different generations was always bunk and just another way to arbitrarily divide people into tribes to make them fight against each others. It's true that different generations can be differently shaped by the circumstances they were raised in, but in the end you still got old hippies who were ultra-progressive back in the '60s and still are today and people not even in their 20s idolizing "tradition".

It doesn't help that a lot of it is based on ancient tropes of the old generations whining about the degenerate youngsters and the young generations hating old people telling them what to do. There are texts from ancient Greece talking about these exact same themes back to Socrates' times.

Anyone here a digital artist? My nephew birthday is next month and he's gotten into drawing. He's gotten into the habit of drawing out the characters he creates in the games he plays that have a character creator. I think it might be a good idea to get him a drawing tablet.

He's going to be 12 years old so what would be a good beginner drawing tablet for him?

3 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

Anyone here a digital artist? My nephew birthday is next month and he's gotten into drawing. He's gotten into the habit of drawing out the characters he creates in the games he plays that have a character creator. I think it might be a good idea to get him a drawing tablet.

He's going to be 12 years old so what would be a good beginner drawing tablet for him?

The Wacom Intuos Small Graphics Drawing Tablet is a good entry level art tablet for like 50 to 70 bucks depending on vendor. 

6 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

I best friend is an artist. If RSG's suggestion doesn't work, I can reach out to him if you'd like.

30 minutes ago, Phantom_Miria said:

I think zoomers aren't even real.

I always felt like the American discourse on different generations was always bunk and just another way to arbitrarily divide people into tribes to make them fight against each others. It's true that different generations can be differently shaped by the circumstances they were raised in, but in the end you still got old hippies who were ultra-progressive back in the '60s and still are today and people not even in their 20s idolizing "tradition".

It doesn't help that a lot of it is based on ancient tropes of the old generations whining about the degenerate youngsters and the young generations hating old people telling them what to do. There are texts from ancient Greece talking about these exact same themes back to Socrates' times.

The generation thing started on the 60-s as a marketing ploy to sell more stuff to the youth.

After that some people started to actually use it as a way to divide generations between social/culture milestones or stuff that you could say defined a generation like the raise of cble tv, etc.

The thing is that Most of the stuff used to divide the generations are mostly usa centric, so take me as an example, while some people could argue that i am a younger gen x or an older millenial, the thing is that most of my life experiences don't align exactly with both.

There are a lot of older Gen X stuff that do apply since in the region we saw a lot of the cold war effects, and during the 80s to the end of the 90s and even part of the 1st 2 years of the 2000's there was a lets say gap where some technologies were getting here with like 5 to 10 years of difference, like cable become the norm until the end of the 90s, internet became more prevalent until the 2000's

So while those stuff apply to a millenial, specially the internet stuff, I was like 20 by the time it became the norm.

I even had some experiences that apply to the boomers and lost gens because in the town my father was born, it was like a time capsule trapped on the 40's & 50's, without electric grid and shit like that, and I spend a lot of vacations over there visiting my grandaunts with my grandmother.

Nowdays with the internet and social media I think that the gen experiences for zoomers are more common across different cultures, but there are still cultural and social differences on every country that makes the moniker not that very descriptive, imo.

1 hour ago, RSG3 said:

I live in a large urban city 2 hours from the Mexican Boarder. Yes my headphones block out that bullshit whenever I need them to.

It's so funny how confidently you talk about people you know fuck all about. I live in a very large extremely urban city. I have to put up with Mexican pop music. You whine about American GenZ when you don't even know hell. 

LOL at that being urban. You don't live in NYC. Try walking down a street to the local indian stores to buy milk, and a bunch of kids walk in playing drake out loud. Besides, it's not just about the sounds but the influence. These kids are listening to fake music and making frauds rich, me listening to my own music doesn't change that reality.

19 minutes ago, zatalcon3 said:

LOL at that being urban. You don't live in NYC. Try walking down a street to the local indian stores to buy milk, and a bunch of kids walk in playing drake out loud. Besides, it's not just about the sounds but the influence. These kids are listening to fake music and making frauds rich, me listening to my own music doesn't change that reality.

You really that bothered by Drake? That's some weak sauce shit. You made it sound like you had an actual problem.

Why do you care who others listen to? Be happy with what you enjoy.

Just now, Hawkingbird said:

You really that bothered by Drake? That's some weak sauce shit. You made it sound like you had an actual problem.

Why do you care who others listen to? Be happy with what you enjoy.

Not just Drake, but almost every name today. Cardie B is another one i can't stand. The rest are from "rappers" that I don't know by name. That stuff shouldn't exist. 

19 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Oh no not Cardi B the horror!!!

She won best Rap album? That shit is considered rap in todays generation, and that is fucking wrong. 

What I hate is seeing these frauds be successful, their albums should be at most a dime because that is the level of value their bullshit is. There is no talent or anything valuable  in their trash that is falsely labeled as music. You should be against this!

1 minute ago, zatalcon3 said:

She won best Rap album?

Who fucking cares? Those awards shows are clown shoes jokes anyway, why do you give a shit? Why do you invest so much energy into shit that does not matter?

I am against it. Thats why I use headphones to block out the shit I don't like and i dont buy their music.This solution has existed for like 70 or 80 years, buy some decent headphones 

You cry just like the snowflakes you hate so much. 

23 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Who fucking cares? Those awards shows are clown shoes jokes anyway, why do you give a shit? Why do you invest so much energy into shit that does not matter?

I am against it. Thats why I use headphones to block out the shit I don't like and i dont buy their music.This solution has existed for like 70 or 80 years, buy some decent headphones 

You cry just like the snowflakes you hate so much. 

They are jokes because that is what music in todays gen is. You are not against it if you don't get angry that shit like that exist. They shouldn't even be in music shows because it is a horrible reality that our current society is that dumb to actually have that shit popular.

Even if you have headphones, there is always a chance that you will hear that trash outside and you wouldn't be able to turn it off until it stops on its own. What happens when you are taking a shit and your neighbors friends make it through his drive way with their shit rap music playing in their car? What do you do? 

37 minutes ago, zatalcon3 said:

She won best Rap album? That shit is considered rap in todays generation, and that is fucking wrong. 

What I hate is seeing these frauds be successful, their albums should be at most a dime because that is the level of value their bullshit is. There is no talent or anything valuable  in their trash that is falsely labeled as music. You should be against this!

On rolling stones top 100 hip hop/ Rap albums. I think hers placed in top 10. While Nas's illmatic was like 24th

Well, I'm happy to see that the era of mumble-rap *appears* to be over....at least I haven't noticed much of it going on with any popular radio station lately.  That shit was the worst....if you went back in time to the 90s, 80s, 70s or whatever era... and let anyone from the past listen to that nonsense, they would swear you're joking, and that must be a song-parody thing from a goofy radio show....or the result of someone's "special needs" son making "music" as a hobby.

40 minutes ago, MillionX said:

Well, I'm happy to see that the era of mumble-rap *appears* to be over....at least I haven't noticed much of it going on with any popular radio station lately.  That shit was the worst....if you went back in time to the 90s, 80s, 70s or whatever era... and let anyone from the past listen to that nonsense, they would swear you're joking, and that must be a song-parody thing from a goofy radio show....or the result of someone's "special needs" son making "music" as a hobby.

Mumble rap was a plague, but the modern day rap still sucks.

This is rap to today's gen

Anybody with a normal IQ knows this isn't rap, fuck this isn't actual music. There is no creativity or any form of artistic talent that was required to produce the garbage you see now but these people are fucking rich and successful. It pisses me off. 

man... once again I'm occasionally missing those days when youtube generally sucked, and had nothing but random videos of people's pets, or funny news clips like that big woman that fell when stomping grapes to make wine.  I was about to go on to sleep and now another podcast I like just popped up to go live tonight instead of their usual Saturday night show.  I was already back and forth between the F&F show and Nerdrotic's show a little while ago when Angryman happened to go live too.....it's just way too much out there at this point.  I have 3 youtube tabs open right now to get caught up on later, and that's a "low" number for me.  This is one of the reasons I haven't even played any games in a while.

Back when youtube was new and still kinda shitty (and twitch didn't even exist yet)... free-time would be some gaming and regular tv; and plenty of time outside of that for whatever else.  Regrettably... I'll have to just start dropping some of these channels and go "cold-turkey" on them just to get some of my free-time back for other stuff again.

I made pizza with dough made through my new stand mixer just now. I aged it 5 days (my max was 2 before) in the fridge, and put the pizza steel on the top rack of the oven instead of the bottom this time, so maybe that played a part too. But this is noticeably better than my previous attempts. It's not on a whole other tier, and still can't compete with the places I'm chasing. Still; assuming it wasn't just the other factors, I think me and this little robot will go far.

I'm double posting, but FUCK.

I don't know if any of you know who this is, but a comedian called Teddy Ray passed today. He was one of the funniest up and comers, and now he's dead at 32. Nothing's come out about cause of death yet. Although he wasn't that famous, this is one celebrity death that is really gut punching me. Rest in Peace.

https://www.the-sun.com/entertainment/5990298/teddy-ray-died-death-age-news-twitter/

Anybody who's singling out Drake or mumblecore or whatever is overlooking one huge universal truth: there is ALWAYS popular music that sucks balls.

The worst shit from the 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s would melt the electroplating right off Drake's platinum records.  Those golden oldie stations are cherry picking like motherfuckers.

And even shit music is hard to make.  I just try to be happy that artists and audiences find each other, and tune that noise out of my own head like it's mall muzak at Christmas time.

1 hour ago, Reticently said:

Anybody who's singling out Drake or mumblecore or whatever is overlooking one huge universal truth: there is ALWAYS popular music that sucks balls.

The worst shit from the 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s would melt the electroplating right off Drake's platinum records.  Those golden oldie stations are cherry picking like motherfuckers.

And even shit music is hard to make.  I just try to be happy that artists and audiences find each other, and tune that noise out of my own head like it's mall muzak at Christmas time.

The difference is that drake, mumblerap, and all that is now is leading todays music charts. At least the worst shit from those decades took some artistic talent and musical skills to make, nothing in todays music (especially the fake ass hip hop genre) has any form of artistry in it. It should not be considered music nor should they even be called artists. It is wrong that these people are rich and famous because of the success of their braindead products while people who are educated, talented, or straight hard workers struggle. It makes no sense at all.  

Edited by zatalcon3
2 hours ago, Reticently said:

Facts. The reason shitty music seems so prevalent now is that it's easy to spread. Old eras of music had just as much shit records, but a shitty vinyl/CD/tape before the internet is not getting held on to like that. It's not getting played on the radio. But in the digital age, it's much easier to make and spread shit music, and the radio is far from the only way to blow up.

Edited by axeman61
1 hour ago, zatalcon3 said:

It is wrong that these people are rich and famous because of the success of their braindead products while people who are educated, talented, or straight hard workers struggle. It makes no sense at all.

It's not surprising at all- there are a lot of braindead people out there. I mean, we elected Donald Trump as president, and only because he was a slightly more appealing candidate than Hillary Clinton 😂

3 hours ago, Reticently said:

Every generstion shits on the subsequent generation's music. I liken mumble rap to Nirvana, because we went from well written and produced poppy arena and 80s rock to this music that was never really intended for mass consumption but was massively popular because it expressed things the previous music didn't. And people who were good musicians or who preferred the previous stuff said the same things about Nirvana that old school hip hop fans do about mumble rap.

I'm not huge into rap, but even I like some of Drake's shit, xxxtentacion, and even that stupid Gucci Gang song for some reason. It isn't Biggie, Nas, or even Ludacris, but it's not the worst stuff ever. Patton Oswalt is totally right when he said that as you get older, there isn't music you hate, there's just music you don't listen to lol

But I will definitely agree with Zatalcon about people blasting music from vehicles tho. When we were in the Caribbean, you'd get these people blasting whatever they were listening to from their boats and the sound carries forever because there's nothing to stop it. And it's always crappy music too. No one ever blasts stuff that would have you like, "Thank you for cranking that!"

Edited by DoctaMario
2 hours ago, zatalcon3 said:

The difference is that drake, mumblerap, and all that is now is leading todays music charts. At least the worst shit from those decades took some artistic talent and musical skills to make, nothing in todays music (especially the fake ass hip hop genre) has any form of artistry in it. It should not be considered music nor should they even be called artists. It is wrong that these people are rich and famous because of the success of their braindead products while people who are educated, talented, or straight hard workers struggle. It makes no sense at all.  

It's all about supply and demand my guy. Here in the U.S. There's an insatiable demand for entertainment. Not necessarily quality music, acting etc. Just gotta be entertaining and fit an image. Takashi 69 was a perfect example of this. And not many can provide that entertainment and appeal. So the few who can make bank.

Where as us working Joe's and Jane's. Some of us doing jobs that are critical to infrastructure, economic and societal stability, saving lives etc. There's a lot more people that can do these jobs than there are those who can entertain.

Also those outside the U.S. how much is the entertainment industry. In your country valued? How much demand is there for it?

1 hour ago, BB_Hoody said:

It's all about supply and demand my guy. Here in the U.S. There's an insatiable demand for entertainment. Not necessarily quality music, acting etc. Just gotta be entertaining and fit an image. Takashi 69 was a perfect example of this. And not many can provide that entertainment and appeal. So the few who can make bank.

I know bro. But that is a very sad reality and that is my prob with todays gen. How retarded has society become to actually be entertained by garbage such as Takashi 69? Not only is 69 untalented and uneducated, but he is a trash of a human being too and he is purposefully ugly as shit. 

22 minutes ago, zatalcon3 said:

I know bro. But that is a very sad reality and that is my prob with todays gen. How retarded has society become to actually be entertained by garbage such as Takashi 69? Not only is 69 untalented and uneducated, but he is a trash of a human being too and he is purposefully ugly as shit. 

Fair point. That's why I'm hoping to hear from others. About what is the entertainment industry like in their countries and how much is it in demand. Can a Takashi69 exist in their country?

4 hours ago, zatalcon3 said:

I read this as "I am old and the music of young peoples scare, confuse, and angry, now get off my lawn".