Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

It surprises me when people get away with posting the entire movie or show right on youtube with apparently no copyright problems... from my quick search for the clip of the movie "House" earlier today, I also saw that someone posted the entire thing.....it was posted back in March of 2012 and is still there!  I guess whoever owns the IP rights on that doesn't care.

This particular part starting at 1:26:08 had my favorite music in the film, btw.....great sequence as well; I remember it was also part of the trailer back then, when Roger opens the door but there's a cliff so he almost falls to his death, while trying to get away from Ben....

7 hours ago, J-ride said:

Electric heaters can't really heat houses in extremely cold climates.  Electric heaters are fine if you live in an area with mild winters.  A gas furnace can keep an entire house toasty for a relatively cheap price even in extreme cold.

i know. its why japs huddle around their electric heaters in the wintertime. i never said electric heaters were as good as gas heating. but itll keep u alive is my point.

14 hours ago, Sonero said:

They have been. For a long time. The people that mean, like the Irish, islanders that had that had to deal with British racism etc all have legitimate reasons to be saying it chest first. Just like when Obama dies, a bunch of people in the Middle East are gonna be tap dancing on his grave because of how many of their friends and family members got droned during his presidency.

14 hours ago, iStu X said:

People have been bitching about the crown and especially Elizabeth for decades and decades and decades. 

Hell, you only have to go back some 30-40 years when almost all of British punk was about how much the royal family sucks, how corrupt the crown is and how much they’ve fucked up society and so much more all over the planet. 

Also there’s entire countries that have been very vocal about how much they dislike the queen and the royal family. Often times its her own country

this isn’t some weird or strange phenomena. Most people don’t like the queen, the royal family or what the crown represents for a lot of the stuff pertho has said and so much more. 

I didn't think this needed to be said, but If they were bitching about her when she was alive my criticism clearly doesn't apply. I said I'm sick of people waiting for someone to die before saying anything. 

16 minutes ago, IcyBlackDeep said:

People in cold climates know that water mains go below the frost line and household pipes go in interior walls only.

And yet every year pipes in cold locations blow. The pipes in my house in Mass when I lived there where exposed in the basement and that house was 90+ years old. 

So no this isn't universal with houses in cold climates. You're told to drip your water regardless for a reason. 

Twitter Removes Tweet From Professor Wishing Queen Elizabeth II ‘Excruciating’ Pain That Was Condemned by Jeff Bezos

Jeff-Bezos-and-Uju-Anya.jpg

Screen-Shot-2022-09-08-at-1.01.39-PM-1.p

Anya specializes in “critical applied linguistics, critical sociolinguistics, and critical discourse studies examining race, gender, sexual, and social class identities in new language learning through the multilingual journeys of African American students,” according to her bio on CMU’s website.

Edited by AriesWarlock
29 minutes ago, IcyBlackDeep said:

People in cold climates know that water mains go below the frost line and household pipes go in interior walls only.

Some of these European houses are quite old and likely are not built that way.  They probably are designed with the intention of having a gas furnace running.  I think you are really over-estimating the heat output of space heaters.

3 minutes ago, J-ride said:

Some of these European houses are quite old and likely are not built that way.  They probably are designed with the intention of having a gas furnace running.  I think you are really over-estimating the heat output of space heaters.

Space Heaters are also extremely dangerous and burn down multiple homes every year from being out in bad places, to having to sleep so close to them to stay warm people roll up against them in their sleep and light their blankets on fire or something. Every year I lived in mass a couple people would die in the winter from either a Space Heater accident or an oven accident cuz yea some people get desperate and sleep next their to kitchen oven with the oven on and the door open. 

One year my mother and I had to sleep just feet away from our Ben Franklin Wood Stove for two weeks because our entire town had no power from the snow storm and cold. We where lucky that my brother and myself had installed a real type of Fireplace a few years before (Dope Fireplace to because it doubled as a stove you could cook on) otherwise we would have been fucked. 

i really dont think that old woman was hitler tbh.

not perfect yes. hitler, no.

also, if i was king charles, and i heard everyone making jokes about my mom and wishing her suffering, i'd tell everyone to suck my dick tbh. cuz really.

or if i was her grandson. cuz she was alive long enuff to tell their jokes n complaints to her face. n now u wanna bring up stuff? cmon now. its sorta gross to bring it up now, their complaints. n silly. cuz this is less complaint n more entertainment at this point.

u aint really mad. u goofin. if u were mad, u woulda comlained sooner.

hitler, u dont wait 70 years till he finally dies at 96  to complain about. u complain long before that. with good reason. 

stop yo bs haha

Oh yes... in my browsing of reddit lately, I found a popular feminist subreddit... so you know there's bound to be some juicy commentary going on in there.  I can't help myself...the opinions of others who I'd disagree with will forever be interesting or just entertainment for me. (it's why I also check Young Turks on a regular basis; they haven't been much fun lately though)  *insert typical popcorn gif reaction.  I'm already seeing plenty of topics that look like such delicious bait for their reactions.

On another note, newsmedia in general is sure to be rather boring for a while now, since they'll just focus on the royal family for who even knows how long.  I've never really cared about whatever goes on with those people.  Megan Markle and Kate Middleton are pretty hot though, but that's really been the only point of interest to me.

Edited by MillionX

Went down the wikipedia rabbit hole. Came across this. His prayers came to fruition eventually. Check out the last paragraph below:

In 1932, George agreed to deliver a Royal Christmas speech on the radio, an event that became annual thereafter. He was not in favour of the innovation originally but was persuaded by the argument that it was what his people wanted.[100] By the Silver Jubilee of his reign in 1935, he had become a well-loved king, saying in response to the crowd's adulation, "I cannot understand it, after all I am only a very ordinary sort of fellow."[101]

George's relationship with his eldest son and heir, Edward, deteriorated in these later years. George was disappointed in Edward's failure to settle down in life and appalled by his many affairs with married women.[17] In contrast, he was fond of his second son, Prince Albert (later George VI), and doted on his eldest granddaughter, Princess Elizabeth; he nicknamed her "Lilibet", and she affectionately called him "Grandpa England".[102] In 1935, George said of his son Edward: "After I am dead, the boy will ruin himself within 12 months", and of Albert and Elizabeth: "I pray to God my eldest son will never marry and have children, and that nothing will come between Bertie and Lilibet and the throne."[103][104]

From https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_V

On 9/9/2022 at 6:05 AM, Darc_Requiem said:

I didn't think this needed to be said, but If they were bitching about her when she was alive my criticism clearly doesn't apply. I said I'm sick of people waiting for someone to die before saying anything. 

People are acting as though the Queen is an absolute monarch and not largely a ceremonial figurehead.  She's unable to do much more than ask nicely, though I believe she can sieze power in certain situations but I'm unfamiliar with what those situations would entail.

Comrade Ivan: "Comrade president Putin! Our soldiers are being routed at Kharkiv, our lines have collapsed and there's mass surrendering! We're losing tens of town and occupied land! Igor says he saw 500k mutant British SAS and US marines mutant soldiers grown in the Ukrainian biolabs, and they're led by the ghost of the Queen of England who's riding a dragon with a Corgi head! We need to do something now, or the war will be lost!"

Putin: "Don't worry fam, I got this. I know exactly what to do for situations like this. Check this out."

https://tass.com/russia/1505787/amp

Putin unveils Moscow Sun revolving observation wheel at VDNKh exhibition center

Russia, September 10, 16:57

The president and the mayor contacted the builders of the Ferris wheel online from Zaryadye Park

MOSCOW, September 10. /TASS/. Russian President Vladimir Putin and Moscow Mayor Sergey Sobyanin attended, via video conference, the opening ceremony of the Moscow Sun revolving observation wheel at the All-Russian Exhibition Center, known as the VDNKh, on Saturday, marked as Moscow City Day in the Russian capital.

The president and the mayor contacted the builders of the Ferris wheel online from Zaryadye Park.

"It is a unique [construction], 140 meters high. There is nothing like that in Europe," Putin appreciated and thanked those involved in its construction for their contribution to development of the recreation and entertainment sector in Moscow.

"It is very important for people to have a chance to chill out with their family and friends," the president noted.

Sobyanin said at the opening ceremony that the previous Ferris wheel at the VDNKh "was not very good, as it was outdated and physically obsolete."

"[Now] it is Europe’s largest Ferris wheel. It was the London [Eye] before, but from now on, London’s is second," the mayor said.

At an overall height of 140 meters, the VDNKh’s open revolving observation wheel is the tallest in Europe. Mounted on the wheel are 30 cabins, and one in six has a transparent floor. The air conditioning, lighting and heating systems as well as an emergency button and audio system are installed in the cabins. One complete rotation of the Moscow Sun takes about 18 minutes 40 seconds, with capacity of up to 450 passengers.