Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread: Now Featuring Animated Avatars

1 minute ago, iStu X said:

Wtf are you talking about?

I don't even know, man. One of those images in the Nintendo LIEf tweet said ALttP is coming to the Switch. I was confused because it's already available on the Nintendo Online shits.

Then I realized that tweet was from 2019. 

Looks like Ninty is slowly winding down eshops for Wii U and 3DS

Translation: We would like to inform you that the handling of credit cards and transportation e-money in the Nintendo eShop on the Nintendo 3DS series and Wii U will be terminated at 9:00 a.m. on January 18, 2022 (Tuesday). After the termination, you will no longer be able to add balances using credit cards and transportation e-money from the Nintendo 3DS series and Wii U.

Still time and what not but if there's anything on either of those eshops that you want and just haven't bought yet then it might be time to start considering it at some point.  You'll still be able to add money via the Switch since your IDs are connected across platforms but no telling how long that will last.

Also Monster Hunter Stories 2 has shipped 1 mill worldwide.  Nice!

Edited by Sonichuman

I tried out this game tonight -

h0TJJXI.png

Its pretty neat a fun.  Its pretty.  Like an adventure game where you have little minions that you can pick up and throw and command to do shit for you.  Reminds me of Pikmin though I only played a short bit of that.  I just know you could control little minions. 

MBoEWwS.png

SivHWEI.png

I'm not sure about the story.  Start out with a kid at home and he appears to be running away.  He gets lost and finds his way to these magikal woods.  He carries a vacuum to suck stuff up with and he can throw the minions a certain distance.  Its a Humble Games game and its on PC and XB1.

Blasphemous Deluxe Edition is Finally Out

81xmuaV8KPS._SL1500_.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B093G5Y3W4/ref=cm_sw_r_tw_dp_Z9SYDKX7A9RRWSXAHPF4

Product Description

Blasphemous is a brutal action-platformer with skilled hack’n slash combat set in the nightmare world of Cvstodia. Explore, upgrade your abilities, and perform savage executions on the hordes of enemies that stand between you and your quest to break eternal damnation.

Two bonus skins: Slash any enemy that stands in your way with the ‘Alloy of Sin’ and ‘Golden Burden’ skins.

Downloadable Content Includes:

• 32-track Digital Soundtrack
  • 195-page Digital Artbook
  • Digital Comic
  • ‘Alloy of Sin’ and ‘Golden Burden’ In-Game Character Skins
  • Sticker Sheet
  • 180 x 290mm Poster of Cvstodia

FEATURES:

Explore a Non-Linear World:
Overcome fearsome enemies and deadly traps as you venture through a variety of different landscapes, and search for redemption in the dark gothic world of Cvstodia.

Brutal Combat: 
Release the power of Mea Culpa, a sword born from guilt itself, to slaughter your foes. Acquire devastating new combos and special moves as you purge all in your path.

Executions:
Unleash your wrath and relish in the gory dismemberment of your adversaries - all in beautifully rendered, pixel-perfect execution animations.

Customise Your Build:
Discover and equip Relics, Rosary Beads, Prayers and Sword Hearts to give you the new abilities and stat boosts you need to survive. Experiment with different combinations to suit your playstyle.

Intense Boss Battles:
Hordes of gigantic, twisted creatures stand between you and your goal. Learn how they move, survive their devastating attacks and emerge victorious.

Unlock the Mysteries of Cvstodia:
The world is full of tormented souls. Some offer you aid, some may ask for something in return. Uncover the stories and fates of these tortured characters to gain rewards and a deeper understanding of the dark world you inhabit

I am gonna get this.

Edited by AriesWarlock

So this game came out today -

dESxNSB.png

Its like an action rpg  with a kinda top down view but not really top down.  You're a crow and crows in this game are Reapers collecting souls.  Seems my little crow was sent out to collect a big soul or whatever.  Some beast jacked him and took the soul so now he's gotta get it back.  The crow has a sword and bow and I'm guessing you get powers and shit.

Anyhow its pretty cool.

Qqkd3tL.png

EvrIhJJ.png

czw5R1m.png

P.S.  Its on Steam for 20 bucks.  Its a Devolver Digital game...they seem to always put out shit that I really enjoy.

6 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

For anyone getting a Steam Deck. This is the largest SSD available for it. It's not the standard M.2 2280 it's M.2230, they are OEM drives so it looks like they are hard to find outside of bulk sales. You guys will have to brave ebay.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/164676728659?hash=item26577f7753:g:c6QAAOSwWKhgr0YA

I won't get a Steam Deck in a while but might as well jump on this now before the scalpers get to it. 

3 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

Also if this is physical then I'm only expectinf Crash 1 on the cartridge and everything else is dled.

If they go the Spyro route then yes, that’d be great. If activision decides to activision and make it a voucher that’d be insanely stupid. 

I have a feeling this is a digital only thing though.

edit: it’s digital only. The bundle is $99 but it’s on sale for $60. 

Edited by iStu X
24 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

I'm only seeing a switch trailer for this but I imagine its on everything else too.  Also if this is physical then I'm only expectinf Crash 1 on the cartridge and everything else is dled.

He’s the post from the official Twitter. It’s on every console. Nothing of a PC release though. Probably because CTR isn’t on there.

4 hours ago, rukawa_kaede said:

In this vid I can tell it even has the same voice actor so I dunno why people wouldn't tell it's him. 

It is understandable if you have only seen him in Garou and missed his appearances in the more recent KOF games after that. Hell I didn't know it until someone pointed it out in KOF XIV, but I never used Tizoc much in Garou anyway so another masked wrestler adopting his moveset was not anything strange as it happens in fighting games all the time.

1 hour ago, BornWinner said:

He’s the post from the official Twitter. It’s on every console. Nothing of a PC release though. Probably because CTR isn’t on there.

It baffles me to this day that they didn't release the GOAT CTR NF on PC.
I would have certainly double dipped on it.

I was playing religiously every day while they kept releasing new grand prixes, and i am sure a lot of people if not most of the hardcore players would have done the same.

I still play it weekly with friends to help them farm for stuff so they can get the stuff they couldn't while the grand prixes were live, (which btw, i think they should have left them rotating so newcomers could farm more easily, but whatever by this point)

I just hope that Activision keeps the momentum rolling for the franchise and lets the beenox devs (now blizzard, sadly) work on a sequel to their kart game.

It is easily the best one in the market, imo.

I will give Injustice credit, the premise is far from new and has been done before many times (comic fans check out Mark Waid's Irredeemable if you haven't done so) even a bit in the Superman comics/cartoons but they somehow made a small media franchise out of a plot built to explain why you have DC heroes beating the tar out of one another and their villains in the current MK engine. Props.