Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread: Now Featuring Animated Avatars

So I've really been getting into Spotify lately. Turns out the place is a good source for video game music. Mind you, it isn't the be all for VGM needs but there's a good chunk of Square Enix music up there. I made a playlist of SQEX Battle themes that is over 9 hours long. 

Also, Spotify has those FALCOM BANGERS!!!

he-man GIF

Maaaaaaannnn, the amount of Falcom music on Spotify is NUTS. Falcom is beating out everybody when it comes to putting VGM on music streaming apps. Ys, Socerian, Legend of Heroes, Super Arrange albums and so much more.

would be funny if the Nickelodeon game includes Doug and Patty Mayonnaise... and maybe Roger?!

The "No chance" category--> some Pinwheel characters.  Sadly that is too ancient. (*though Doug originally appeared as a short on Pinwheel)

Think of what is possible if they open it up to all of Nick history--- from Nick Jr. era we have The Little Koala "Roobear" and his friends... there was Mapletown and the Lil' Bits, Maya the Bee and Noozles 😆  Then we got Belle & Sebastian, Dangermouse with his buddy Penfold and the bad guy Baron Greenback... way back to Pinwheel again we got Simon in the Land of Chalk Drawings.  Oh yeahhh I remember all this ancient shit like it was airing yesterday, bruh.  

...sadly, I realize there is no chance of them going THAT far back though. 

5 hours ago, RegH81 said:

So I've really been getting into Spotify lately. Turns out the place is a good source for video game music. Mind you, it isn't the be all for VGM needs but there's a good chunk of Square Enix music up there. I made a playlist of SQEX Battle themes that is over 9 hours long. 

Also, Spotify has those FALCOM BANGERS!!!

he-man GIF

Maaaaaaannnn, the amount of Falcom music on Spotify is NUTS. Falcom is beating out everybody when it comes to putting VGM on music streaming apps. Ys, Socerian, Legend of Heroes, Super Arrange albums and so much more.

Dunno man, I once found a pretty nifty SF II playlist on Spotify but then one day it got wiped off the face of the planet.

Do they always get this anal about copyrights?

9 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

No. It's an RTS game.

Okay then I'm an idiot lol.  Assumed it was yet another war FPS game.

Still didn't see a HUD but maybe that is how the game is.  It also at least is kind of an excuse to as why the graphics and animations look like ass.

1 minute ago, purbeast said:

Okay then I'm an idiot lol.  Assumed it was yet another war FPS game.

Still didn't see a HUD but maybe that is how the game is.  It also at least is kind of an excuse to as why the graphics and animations look like ass.

The snippets of gameplay shown didn't have the HUD. If it wasn't for the overhead view and zooms it would be difficult to know what is the gameplay.

M$ says they may update the Xbox controller later, influenced by the PS5 dualsense

https://www.ign.com/articles/phil-spencer-xbox-series-x-s-controller-re-redesign-ps5-dualsense-controller

Battlefield 2042 will have cross play, last gen will have cross play with each other while PC and new gen will have cross play with each other

https://www.ign.com/articles/battlefield-2042-cross-play-technical-playtest-delayed

Game will have cross progressions across all versions of the game however.  Technical test has been delayed to later this Summer.

New gen and last gen differences for Battlefield 2042

https://www.ign.com/articles/battlefield-2042-xbox-one-ps4-differences-ps5-xbox-seres-x-s

maps will be smaller on last gen to go with the smaller player cap.

So I beat Ninja Gaiden Black and I'm onto NG2. The final boss actually wasn't too bad, imo. What a game though you can get yourself into some real tense situations while also being a vessel for slaughter, it's nifty. I've also just played through Undertale after ignoring it since it's release as it's fanbase was insufferable. Turns out it's pretty great, though currently on my third play through I'm having a bad time. Very much recommend to people who want a fairly short Turn Based RPG with kinda shmupy combat except when it's not.

26 minutes ago, Faltimar the Dark said:

So why cant it work on PC.  I read a while back they were going to update the controller (firmware) and make it do something.  But I haven't read anything about since.

Because there is no recording software embedded in Windows so what Drivers are MS gonna include, they don't know what capture software you are using. They must the recording software into the Xbox so they know what Drivers to include to make the handshake between controller and OS. MS has no idea what recording software your PC has. 

Edited by RSG3
2 hours ago, RSG3 said:

Because there is no recording software embedded in Windows so what Drivers are MS gonna include, they don't know what capture software you are using. They must the recording software into the Xbox so they know what Drivers to include to make the handshake between controller and OS. MS has no idea what recording software your PC has. 

Who said it has to be for recording?

P.S.  I know you're just answering cause you're wanting to be a dickhead and argue over something like this (its your M.O.) but I said, "make it do something.".  How about they just make the button a button and I can decide what to do with it?

Edited by Faltimar the Dark
1 hour ago, Faltimar the Dark said:

Who said it has to be for recording?

No one said it had to be for recording. That's just what it's for and MS doesn't have a use for it on PC. Doesn't have to be for recording that's just what it is for. 

1 hour ago, Faltimar the Dark said:

P.S.  I know you're just answering cause you're wanting to be a dickhead and argue over something like this (its your M.O.) but I said, "make it do something."

Or maybe youre a little bitch who said a button does nothing and it was pointed out you were wrong. You said make it do something and I pointed out it does do something. Being pissed at me because you're a dumb fuck who didn't Google what the button does or wasn't specific enough about your platform isnt my fault. 

Extra

People slacking.  They definitely chose some good ones for him to listen to but CT's ost near filled with nothing but memories.  Bout to listen to it again right now. 

Edit:  I need Alex to just listen to the entire ost one day when he's doing something else.

Edited by Sonichuman
16 hours ago, RSG3 said:

It's funny that the button doesn't map to some other function. When I plug my PS4 pad into my PC, the PS button becomes a  "launch Steam!"  button 😑🔫

I watched some of Monster Hunter Stories 2 and it looks fun to me.  I dont usually like turn based games but I still like to try them, just in case.  Think I'm going to try this one.  I never even heard of this side series or whatever you call it.  Didnt know there was a part 1. 

P.S.  I never played a monster hunter game.  I got it installed, asked about it then lost interest and uninstalled it.

56 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

It's funny that the button doesn't map to some other function. When I plug my PS4 pad into my PC, the PS button becomes a  "launch Steam!"  button 😑🔫

What does the Share button do? The Xbox button on his controller brings up a sub menu in Windows for performance monitoring and and shit. 

The Xbox button on my controller does nothing because I don't have Xbox game bar installed.  If I did have that installed it would bring up the Xbox home menu enabling the ability take screenshots, view friends list and other shit.  That shit impacts performance in some games so I removed it.

Seems like it could be cool.  I dont care much for the touch pads...it looked like there were some on the back of the thing too.  I'd hit all of those on accident constantly.  I had to disable the rear touch pad on my vita cause of that shit.  Also the internal storage is just lame.  The cheapest version comes with 64gb of internal storage.  Thats like 2 games. 

45 minutes ago, Faltimar the Dark said:

The specs of that handheld or similar to a gaming laptop and you cant get a gaming laptop for less than 1000 dollars.  Usually it cost more.  Its a good deal I suppose, I just dont like the touch pads.  I looked more and it looks like buttons on the back and not touch pads.  Wonder how hot it gets?

Does anyone know if it takes standard NVMe PCIe 3.0 SSDs? If so, it would be better to buy the $399 model and buy your SSD. 

41 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Does anyone know if it takes standard NVMe PCIe 3.0 SSDs? If so, it would be better to buy the $399 model and buy your SSD. 

I wondered this myself.  I wonder if they have the NVMe soldered in or its just a port.  I'm going to assume the former because the price seems to be based mostly on storage.  But if its just a plugged into a port go with the cheapest one then upgrade whenever.

edit - the storage is shitty no matter what version you buy and if they make it so you can only use SD cards for expanded storage its gonna suck ass.  imo