Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread: Now Featuring Animated Avatars

15 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

Nickelodeon Smash Bros. clone? Sure, why not? They better show Aang at some point though.

Invader Zim?  I'm intrigued.  Kinda weird that they'd put Powdered Toast Man first before Ren and Stimpy.  Here's hoping that Really Really Big Man makes it and they actually have him attack with his Nipples of the Future.

Edited by Sonichuman
15 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

Invader Zim?  I'm intrigued.  Kinda weird that they'd put Powdered Toast Man first before Ren and Stimpy.  Here's hoping that Really Really Big Man makes it and they actually have him attack with his Nipples of the Future.

The box art has been shown and you can make out Ren and Stimpy on it.

The game will also have rollback.

19 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

Where are the other two turtles? I need Don too.

No Avatar characters is a huge wtf.

They said plenty more announcements, no way Avatae gets no reps as popular as it is. Prolly Aang and Korra at the least. 

I think I saw Catdog on the promotional image too. They're definitely digging into the well, I need Angry Beavers, Action League Now and Crimson Chin in there too 😂

EDIT: I see Flapjack, Aang and Ren on the box art too, or what seems to be them 

Edited by HD-Man
30 minutes ago, purbeast said:

Man this game was so incredible.  Why can't we get a new Wave Race game on Switch?

This game is probably in the same bin as F-Zero right now.  The "we can't come up with a good idea and don't want to make a sequel just to make a sequel" bin.

Edited by Sonichuman
1 minute ago, Sonichuman said:

This game is probably in the same bin as F-Zero right now.  The "we can't come uo with a good idea and don't want to make a sequel just to make a sequel" bin.

I dunno F-Zero is a bit different because the transition to 3D from the SNES one kind of lost it's flare.  Since Wave Race is already in the 3D world, it seems like it would be pretty simple to come up with something.  There's really not that much to the game conceptually.  It would just be awesome to get a new one on newer hardware.

3 minutes ago, purbeast said:

I dunno F-Zero is a bit different because the transition to 3D from the SNES one kind of lost it's flare.  Since Wave Race is already in the 3D world, it seems like it would be pretty simple to come up with something.  There's really not that much to the game conceptually.  It would just be awesome to get a new one on newer hardware.

That's why I'm saying it's probably in the same bin.  I'm sure if someone asked Ninty about the franchise they'd give the same thing they've been saying about F-Zero despite the only thing that both of those fanbases care about for the most part is just getting some sort of updated game.  Hell I'll take an F-Zero GX/AX remake/remaster with online and I'd be pretty happy with that.  F-Zero GX/AX holds up pretty well so seeing that game remastered/remade now would be amazing.  I'm sure the same would be for the latest Wave Race. 

2 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

Throwing this out there but I'm pretty sure some of us are already thinking this...but with Nick even bothering to put rollback into this game this leaves other devs less room for excuses for new games.

I think most American devs for fighting games know by now that rollback is the way to go. It’s Japan that doesn’t seem to catch on. But with ArcSys stating that all of their future games will have rollback netcode and SNK’s Oda saying that KOF15 will have it as well, I think there may be a huge change in the future of fighting games.

1 hour ago, HD-Man said:

It's shocking how seriously Nickelodeon is taking this game to even include rollback on what should be a throwaway title, they clearly have alot of faith in this, which gets me hype. This could end up being a surprise hit

The devs for this game is Ludosity. They have also done Slap City, another Smash Clone. I never  played it, but I have heard only heard good stuff about it. It’s entirely possible this game could be amazing with all the stuff going for it.

1 minute ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Mobius would approve and so would I.

“You know, some things… actually, most things in history are kinda dumb, and everything gets ruined eventually. But in the early 1990s, for a brief, shining moment, there was a beautiful union of form and function, which we call the jet ski, and a reasonable man cannot differ.”